Mario sunshine disappointing

Posted by MichiyoYoshiku

I just got a gamecube and well,

Mario Sunshine isn't the best mario game,it's just not mario.

agreed?

Posted by Axis

Yeah, it was a big let down for me when I got my Gamecube. :(

Posted by MichiyoYoshiku

It appears the cube will be the only Nintendo system without a proper mario game.

Posted by loony636

What do you mean? Mairo Sunshine was and still is a great Mario game. Maybe you don't like it because its a bit too hard for you. Anyway, we've had pleanty of other Mario type games:

Super Smash Brothers Melee (although it wasn't specifically a Mario game, it still had Mario in it),
Luigi's mansion
Mario Party 4,5,6 (+ 7, hasn't been released yet)
Mario Baseball
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Super Mario Strikers (hasn't come out yet)
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix (again, hasn't been released yet)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Wario World

So I re-iterate, what the hell are you talking about???

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah it was a disapointment but mostly because it had to live up to Super Mario 64 and couldn't do that.

The problem is that Mario Sunshine is under rated by many people as an average game because the whole time they play it they are expeecting something more from it...if you know what I mean.

So when you play it, just do that , don't think something could be better/ or different here, just enjoy it for what it is, a refreshing and in the end very fun Mario game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It was a disappointment, but I still had fun with it/

Posted by maian

Mario Sunshine was a great game, in my opinion. Sure, it didn't live up to SM64, now was it traditional Mario style. But it's own style of gameplay was very good for me, and I had fun with it.

Posted by inequity

The only problem I had with the game, was that it was to short. I beat it in about 4 days. I wasn't really motivated to collect all the shine sprites.

Posted by Random

I think Mario Sunshine had it's fun Moments. I have to say I did like the Game. It wasn't the Greateste Mario Game, but it was Fun! It had its moments like I said. It might not have been worth buying when it came out, but now it's a solid 19.99 and i'm thinking about picking one up again.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Mario Sunshine wasn't really what I was expecting for a Mario game yes, but it was fun for a while. It is true however that the game was a little too short for my liking and too easy for me. I cleared the game with all the shines in three days, it was pretty simple, but I must admit that some levels were a lot of fun. It's true that they could have made it more challenging, but you have to give it credit for being good enough to pass a few hours. It's a fun game indeed, but not one I would recomend to buy.

Posted by MichiyoYoshiku

I didn't get anywhere in it and the gameplay just wasn't mario.

Posted by Last Fog

I loved the bonus levels that played like super mario bros. in 3D. The rest of the game was also fun to an extent.

At first when I saw the jetpack thing I was pretty mad and thought it was the dumbest thing ever. But after a while you start to have fun with it.

Basically I found it to be an enjoyable game.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Mystic Hero: I cleared the game with all the shines in three days, it was pretty simple...
Simple my FOOT. At first,I wasn't even convinced that there was 120 Shines, but then come the whole blue coin thing, it starts to peck up.

I'm stuck at 106, and I still haven't uncovered where all the secret ones are. While it may be a simple game, it's still a fun one when looked at for what you get to do. Yes, there were problems such as voice acting (oh ***, somebody subdue Bowser and his kid before they speak like that again. Give peach a slow shroom or something, her voices nearly matches that of a chipmunk on crack!). I thought the ELDER had the best voice in the game... which in the end doesn't say much. And don't even get my started with whoever voiced the FLUDD device...

I just don't see how it's all possible in 3 days. I really don't... not without a guide... OR ALOT of free time.

Posted by Last Fog

Yea some of those shines are nearly impossible to find without a guide. I remember one you have to aim your pack at the sun and blow your load (lol) at it until a secret path opens up in the ground to get one of the secret shines. Who would think to do that?

And I almost forgot about the blue coins. I gave up on getting every one of them.

Posted by MichiyoYoshiku

It's probably the worst designed Mario Game ever in fact it's the worst mario game by far. So what is a good mario Game for Cube?

I have SSBM.

Posted by Random

Quoting MichiyoYoshiku: It's probably the worst designed Mario Game ever in fact it's the worst mario game by far. So what is a good mario Game for Cube?

I have SSBM.

I highly doubt it was the Worst Mario Game ever. I hated Mario Tennis and I hated Mario Golf. Not to mention I never really liked Super Mario Brothers 2 for the NES. It didn't really have the fun gameplay of 1 or 3 that I liked. Thats my oppinion but it's not as bad as you think.

Posted by Arczu

If you ask me, Mario Tennis wasn't TOO bad, and I haven't tried golf, so I'm a nay-say on that one.

Super Mario Bros. 2 broke away from the sequence 1 and 3 had because it was a derivitive of a similar game in Japenese last I remember. Something around the lines of "Doki Doki Panic" or something. Yeah, not too much of a Mario game to some, but I think that's what happened. (Plus, people still liked it enough to get it remade for the GBA)

Posted by Random

True.. I sorta liked sunshine.. It was a nice fun game. It had it's fun parts to it.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I too wasn't fond of it. It provided a good few days of fun, but the steep diffaculty and small amount of replayability was not enough to keep me enthralled very long.

Posted by Random

You blocked my De Rep.. C'mon now.. how am I supposed to be Evil and Have fun at the same time?

Basically the Game seemed like a Happy Game haha. It had it's good moments. It's not that bad of a game. Its only 20 bucks now. Probably worth buying if your a mario fan. Too bad Mario128 won't be out on GC.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I thought Super Mario Sunshine was a fun game. Yeah, it could never live up to Super Mario 64's "greatness" but still it was a fun, original game.

Posted by Outlaw

Quoting loony636: What do you mean? Mairo Sunshine was and still is a great Mario game. Maybe you don't like it because its a bit too hard for you. Anyway, we've had pleanty of other Mario type games:

Too hard...lol

I'd say it was a little bit too easy. I beat the game the day I got it and I completed it at 100% the next day. I didn't find any real challenge in it at all. I remember Mario 64 being harder than this crap.

I'm with the others on this one, it was a huge flop...

Posted by project101

Yea mario Sunshine was not a mario game nentindo needs to make another ground breaking game like MARIO 64 was somethign new so when the revolution comes out nintendo needs to bust out with a real mario game not somw thrown together crap like MARIO SUNSHINE.

Posted by Arczu

I think that alot of us realize that this game was not MEANT to surpass Super Mario 64. There was hype about it when we say it pre-release, but then it comes out and a lot of people liked it. Then it started dragin'. Okay it has enemies dumber than molasses and yes, it SEEMS redicolously easy.

Easy... not for 100%. I seriously cannot believe some of you people did that in 2 days. Those secret shines you have go back into the area and hit a red coin switch for it were surmountably challenging (In fact, there is some of them I still can't do).

The LAMEST part of the game is how mario looses a life when time runs out. I though that was a harsh way of saying "You FAILED".

But the game is not total crap. It appeals to a younger audience too. This toole is going for $20. It is fun for however long you can stand it.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

Mario Sunshine is probably the most unpolished Mario game I've played since the Super Mario Bros. remake on Super Mario All-Stars. You easily fell off ledges, the camera was obnoxious, and a few key parts of the game were so vague or hard, I just gave up on playing the game.

Posted by The Joker

Super Mario Allstars is cool, cooller than sunshine, how many people have All-Stars?

Posted by loony636

AllStars is for NES. It was made in 1993. How many people do you know that still have a game made 12 years ago with a console made even longer ago? Plus it wasn't that good (according to reviews that I have read).

Posted by Text Attraction

Quoting loony636: AllStars is for NES. It was made in 1993. How many people do you know that still have a game made 12 years ago with a console made even longer ago? Plus it wasn't that good (according to reviews that I have made).

I think I know why your rep completely sucks now.

As for Sunshine, I was expecting a little more than what I got but Arczu is right, it wasn't MEANT to surpass mario 64. Plus I don't think it's that bad of a game...but some of the camera angles and time limits bother me. So sadly, I've never beat it. But eh, eventually.

Posted by TheskyIsUp

Allstars was for snes looney636....dip

Posted by Dexter

I enjoyed my venture through Mario Sunshine. That liquid thingamajig and I had great fun damping the local villagers and sliding around the place, exploring areas and going on wild rides. There were also some enjoyably complicated missions in that game that seized my attention greatly. It gets flamed more than it really deserves, I think. I have played worse Mario games.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I had the same feelings as Dexter when I played Mario Sunshine.

Posted by Rush_TomSawyer

I thought Super Mario Sunshine was a hella good game and if you cant agree then u r not a true mario fan

Posted by Darth Vader

Quoting Rush_TomSawyer: I thought Super Mario Sunshine was a hella good game and if you cant agree then u r not a true mario fan

I agree. I especially liked the Noki bay book.

Anyhow that Bowser Jr. makes the 8th koopa kid.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, Mario SUnshine is a great game. It's so beautiful too, it's just fun to run around and mess with stuff.

Posted by Ant

I was disappointed with what I got. It was a solid game nonetheless in retrospect, but still...disappointment was had on my part.