Is it possible to duplicate pokemon in pkmn Sapphire?

Posted by Romani

is it possible to duplicate pokemon in pokemon sapphire. explain how to do it

Posted by William

[quote=gamepro.com]Go to any Pokemon center. Turn on your pc switch boxes, then deposit your pokemon. Switch back and when it says SAVING DON'T TURN OF THE POWER, don't listen to it and actually turn off the power and the next time you turn on your GBA, you will have 2 of the same pokemon.

:) I'm an idiot.

Posted by Pit

Quoting William: :)

Hey, that's in the old Pokemon games. There's no "saving" when you get out of the boxes in the new games :)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Yeah, so unfortunately the cloning trick doesn't work anymore. So if you want more of the same Pokemon you'll have to breed them and gets or if you want more of a rare item, beg your friends to give it to you.:)

Posted by William

Ah, well that's what gamepro had for both Sapphire and Ruby :p

Hell, I don't know...I don't play Pokemon.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Then gamepro is wrong. That stuff is only for Silver/Gold.:)

Posted by jonothanstarsmose

you could always get a ditto from pkmn emarald and put in the day care
I got all 3 starters that way
torchic-ruby
mudkip-sapp
treecko-em

Posted by giminius

How smart of Nintendo, to both eliminate cloning opportunities and facilitate gameplay at the same time.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You can still do the trading method, as far as I know.

Posted by GameMiestro

You could also use a cheating device, which is a lot less dangerous than the trading trick...

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

...pardon? The trading trick isn't dangerous in the least, whereas cheating devices land you with bad eggs.

Posted by Piku

Sometimes trading is bad because if you trade or battle with a metwo from like Fire red or Leaf Green to like emerald sapphire or ruby you can get a virus.
This can also work in the old games too.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]...pardon? The trading trick isn't dangerous in the least, whereas cheating devices land you with bad eggs.

If you accidentally delete the wrong pokemon, or both, it becomes dangerous. And I've never noticed cheating devices to give bad eggs...

Posted by giminius

Quoting GameMiestro: If you accidentally delete the wrong pokemon, or both, it becomes dangerous. And I've never noticed cheating devices to give bad eggs...

It's not dangerous in the way that driving is not dangerous once one gains control of the car.
As for the bad eggs, maybe you're just very lucky.

Posted by deathdealah

Quoting Mystic Hero: Yeah, so unfortunately the cloning trick doesn't work anymore. So if you want more of the same Pokemon you'll have to breed them and gets or if you want more of a rare item, beg your friends to give it to you.:)

or just beat them up and steel their game and trade