Changing Icons

Posted by Klarth

I want to change the icon for my hard drive on Windows XP, but when I right-click it and enter properties, I see no option for this. How do I change the icon to something I have in an .ico file?

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Start
Control Panel
User Accounts
Change my picture

Posted by Klarth

That's not what I'm asking. I don't even display logon "pictures" when I turn my laptop on; it's just a user/pass prompt. I'm talking about the icon for my c: HARD DRIVE which I access via My Computer. Please make sure you know what you're talking about next time.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

i once changed, you need a program that i have forgotton the name of and it changes all the folder pics/icons/tiles to anything of your choice including all types of file extentions

Posted by Klarth

That would be IconPackager which I recently ditched because it was **** and I had to use pre-compiled icon sets. I want something where I can compile different icons together and change the icon of anything I like.

Posted by NegativeTrend

http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop/

BTW I still use IconPackager Enhanced which allows you to change individual icons. Hit me up or check my server, I'll keep it rared there if you wanna try it.

Posted by Klarth

You have the full version? Excellent, that'd be great... I'll see if I can catch you online again later. Huge thanks. :)

Posted by loony636

Oh yey, now we can change our hard disk icon. I've always wanted to do that.

Posted by Klarth

what?

Posted by NegativeTrend

Quoting loony636: Oh yey, now we can change our hard disk icon. I've always wanted to do that.

EDIT: WTF someone posted this in another thread before me in another thread to another stupid person.