Which will rule?

Posted by Demon Soul Cube

Which console do you think will have the greatest sales and why do you think that console?

Posted by SavingMatthew

im guessing playstation because it was the most of the last three, i think, maybe i'm wrong but i think playstation will be the highest

nintendo might be closer this time because it will be able to play dvds

Posted by Crazy K

wow how many threads are there going to be of like this. First off Im sure I will like all 3 for there own special abilities. Xbox 360 will probably have awesome online and improved gameplay machanics, PS3 will probably have an improved online and great gameplay, Nintendo revolution might have great online, and or great gameplay.

But who is to know witch one will sell more units. Knowing PS2 is so popular and is rated to be #1 on the gaming wars, Id say PS3 may have a little more sales. But since Microsofts fanbase have been growing it might be out past or near the PS3. The Nintendo Revolution may be close to them aswell. With the ability to download games and such that is great.

But I dont really care witch one is going to be better, because they are all going to be great systems (I hope). Im going to get the PS3 once I can get enough money for it, then if I have any money left over I might get either the Xbox 360 or the Revolution.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Crazy K: wow how many threads are there going to be of like this. First off Im sure I will like all 3 for there own special abilities. Xbox 360 will probably have awesome online and improved gameplay machanics, PS3 will probably have an improved online and great gameplay, Nintendo revolution might have great online, and or great gameplay.

If they each will have their own special abilities... then why the hell did you right "improved online and great gameplay" for each and every one of them :( I mean... what the eff.

Posted by Shade

PS3. I don't know why, but that's the one I'm getting. So it has to be the best. :)

Posted by kinco

I feel sorry for those of you who vote for Nintendo. The CEO of Nintendo said himself that he doesn't believes that games should go HD, and that for me is enough to vote for the 360. If Nintendo wakes up and joins the rest of us here in the "real world" and stop making games for the 5-12 year old demographics, then I'd reconsider. Oh, and DROP THE POKEMON FRANCHISE! lol

Posted by kinco

You can pretty much break the 3 consoles down into specific purpose categories.

360- Focusing more on HD and has an online profile system that's second to none.

PS3- Focusing somewhat on HD but mainly detail to high-end performance, hence the cell technology.

Revolution- Trying to reconnect with the Nintendo fans of old by allowing them to download and play all of their old favorites....for a nominal fee, ofcourse.

I agree with kinco, but also the PS3 controller is one reason I did not vote for it. I mean I like the console, but the controllers, yuck. The Revolution, though Nintendo does need to show a little more consideration that people understand games more than they are putting their consoles to be, will be a big improvement for Nintendo in these recent years.

Posted by Pit

Quoting kinco: Oh, and DROP THE POKEMON FRANCHISE! lol

Yes Nintendo, drop this very popular franchise. For the love of ***, who wants millions and million of dollars due to copies sold, spin off, etc, of this title?

kinco, shut up, thanks.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Pit]If they each will have their own special abilities... then why the hell did you right "improved online and great gameplay" for each and every one of them I mean... what the eff.

Im saying what they might improve on, maybe you should open up them eyes a bit and read a little slower so your brain can understand.

Posted by TendoAddict

Ps3: next gen with bad controler

XB360: Next gen with good online play

Rev: Next gen with a legedary backwards compatability and [insert hiddent revolutionary feature that we dont know about]

Posted by Fate

For one thing, the controller may look bad for any given system, but judgements should NOT be passed by a control no one has played with. Calling yourself a real gamer without giving fair chances calls for a suicide.

Personally, I have no predictions. Gamers are fickle in their style of gameplay, so whatever we choose could make or break the other systems. Obviously, those who want to go retro will choose Nintendo. Those who want to connect with the world go to Microsoft. Those who want the best **** games ever go to Sony. It's about the gamer, not the console.

Posted by Random

Well I choose not to Vote. I think all 3 will have their powerful properties. During this console war I leaned more towards Xbox and it's huge Online Multiplayer Games. But Seeing that the Revolution can play Emulated games from NES/SNES/N64/Cube, I think I'd probably prefer that. Of Course Microsoft has beefed up it's future RPG List and of course the 360 will still have a huge Online Gaming Selection. So It's a tough call. The PS3 on the other hand has exclusives I look forward to like MGS4, and Soul Caliber 3. I'm highly excited about those. 360 will have final fantasy now.. But i'm not sure.. Urg.. No vote sorry.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

1st place: PS3
2nd: 360
3rd: Rev

Nothing will change.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: 1st place: PS3

Nothing will change.

How can you place the Rev 3rd? C'mon I think the Gamecube is rather boring same with the DS. Infact all Nintendo stuff since the SNES but I must Admit the Revolution looks awesome. C'mon now! IF I can play Mario RPG and a ton of other SNES/NES/N64/Cube games on it, it's sure as hell worth buying my Book. Nintendo Games used to be the S*it. Their not too bad today just not as fun. Haha I have to get one... *Drools..*

If I had to put them in top 3 order...
1)Rev or 360... Close call
2)Other/Or
3)PS3

Strong Points from my Point of View
360-Massive Multiplayer, Major RPG's soon to come, Wireless Controllers and what not.
Rev-uh.. Duh.. the Emulators.
PS3-Exclusive Titles plus Beasty Processor.

Quoted post: How can you place the Rev 3rd? C'mon I think the Gamecube is rather boring same with the DS. Infact all Nintendo stuff since the SNES but I must Admit the Revolution looks awesome. C'mon now! IF I can play Mario RPG and a ton of other SNES/NES/N64/Cube games on it, it's sure as hell worth buying my Book. Nintendo Games used to be the S*it. Their not too bad today just not as fun. Haha I have to get one... *Drools..*

That's you, not every other gamer. Though I agree, I'm just as excited as any Nintendo fan is, but come on. They blew it. Until I hear more news, they blew their chance to captivate the audience. They promised a revolution and gave us nothing. We'll find out at the end of the year, but right now, there's just nothing there... we know barely anything about it, so how the hell could I place it anywhere BUT third place?

Well according to these polls Rev is third.

And what a reliable poll it is.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: That's you, not every other gamer. Though I agree, I'm just as excited as any Nintendo fan is, but come on. They blew it. Until I hear more news, they blew their chance to captivate the audience. They promised a revolution and gave us nothing. We'll find out at the end of the year, but right now, there's just nothing there... we know barely anything about it, so how the hell could I place it anywhere BUT third place?

True... Honestly I think the Revolution would have a Great Start if they not only had the Emulator and what not, but had the upcoming Zelda Game for the Cube, moved to the Revolution. Sure a lot of Nintendo Fans would be upset that it didn't come out for the Cube, but it'd be a very STRONG start for the Revolution. I do agree where your coming from, i'm just psyched for the Emulator =)

Urg.. Sorry about my Long Rep Up =-P

it is bith *** *****

But i think rev will be 2nd or first of ocurse PS3 THIRD

No, the GC NEEDS the new Zelda game. It has nothing, it needs this game to survive the next six months. If TP was pushed back until the Rev (which could take more than a year), the GC will have a premature death.

Posted by Random

Quoting Demon Soul Cube: But i think rev will be 2nd or first of ocurse PS3 THIRD

It's honestly too late to Judge like Vampiro said more or less. The PS3 might be the greatest system out there. It's too late to judge. Games are better than hardware.I much rather play an Awesome 2D Game than a crappy 3D Hyped up graphics sh*tty game.

I agree vampiro in a way. It'd be a nice way for the Rev to start out.. But the Gamecube doesn't really have much like you said. It's kind of died out a lot.

Quoted post: t's honestly too late to Judge like Vampiro said more or less.

Is that what I said? Well, if anything, it's too early. It's too late for Nintendo (for most people), but it is too early to judge.

Posted by Random

Well in a way you said that. You more or less said that we don't know much about the Rev so it's too early to Judge. Thats what I understood anyways maybe i'm just tired. But I more or less put your words into the PS3 :-P Figured you wouldn't mind. But it is too Early to Judge.

Quoting Vampiro: No, the GC NEEDS the new Zelda game. It has nothing, it needs this game to survive the next six months. If TP was pushed back until the Rev (which could take more than a year), the GC will have a premature death.

I agree with Vampiro, if it was pushed back the GC would fall badly, seeing as i cannot think of a single game,besides Zelda, that could hold up the GC for 6 months, while I can think of plenty for XBox and PS3.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Nintendo has never ceased to rule, in my opinion, and I have no reason to believe that they will with the Revolution.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Though I WILL get all three, I think the 360 will win by a mile.... I hope and think.
First: Enhanced X-Box Live support.
Second: Halo 3
Third: Perfect Dark Zero
Fourth: Upgradable Hard Drive
Fifth: Look at the specs people. ^_-_^

I could be wrong, but since I'm a whore for the 'Soft, I hope not.
Revolution will be second! Prepare for Nintendo's comeback!
PS3, Sony's a good group, but they'll lose this round.

Posted by kinco

I still stand by what I say. The Nintendo users of old have....well, grown up! It's time they get with the program and start making games to target the old-school generation. And yes, they DO need to ditch the kid crap like Pokemon because it's annoying and only pre-mature 10 year olds buy the crap. Don't get me wrong, you'll not find a bigger Mario fan than I, but they need to mature their games up a little bit like they're doing with Zelda.

Posted by kinco

And Sapphire....how could you forget Quake 4, Unreal Tournament 2007, and the Square titles?! lol

Posted by nich

Uggh, nintendo is not for kids and nintendo should not drop their kid orientated franchises. They have mature games but nobody acknowledges them and why can't they appeal to all audiences? They make money off of them. If you think because you grow older you can't play old games then your really dumb. So since when does "grow up" mean become violent?

By the way we know NOTHING about the rev. except for the ability to download games. These threads should probably stop.

Posted by kinco

This isn't exactly valid but tell me, nich, why was Nintendo's most mature title Resident Evil 4 voted best game of Q1-Q2 for the GameCube? It just goes to show that violence sells. I haven't played a mario game since Super Mario World. And by growing up, I meant they need to leave their shells and step into the HD generation, which Miyomoto (SP?) specifically said he would not. His comments lead a lot of infamously reliable critics wondering wtf was wrong with his head.

Posted by Crazy K

sure there are a lot of so called kids games for the nintendo but there really fun to play. I know people in there 40's who play mario yet. Really I think they make the big bucks on the so called kids games you guys are saying. Super Mario Sunshine was a great game that apealed to all adiences and not just kids.

But you also got to understand that there are tons of E rated game for all systems. You cant just rule out one system for the reason of so many people thinking there is too many kids games. Nintendo Rev Im sure will have a lot of E rated games, but so will the PS3 and Xbox 360 because it needs to apeal to all the gamers that play it. So really all systems are going to play all types of rating (E, T, and M rated games).

Im not taking sides on any system. Just because Nintendo is "said" to make kiddy like games does not mean that they wont make profits. I enjoy kids games. Id take anything to go back like 5 or 6 years so I can grow up all over again just to play the NES all over again.

Gamers who want old school would probably choose the Nintendo Rev, gamers who want great games and great gameplay will probably choose the PS3, and gamers who want good online, good FPS's and good graphics will choose the Xbox 360 (thats saying if there will be many FPS's for the system.)

Really there are a lot of people who love the Nintendo. Just because people say "oh Nintendo gots kids games so I hate it" does not mean people wont buy it or enjoy it. Im sure If I had a Rev I would enjoy it. Heck I would enjoy all 3 systems if I had them all when they come out.

so what im trying to say, is that it depends on the gamer, and what he/she likes to play.

Posted by Shade

Quoting TendoAddict: Ps3: next gen with bad controler

I would just like to point ot that Sony said themselves that the design for both the system and the controller are prototypes. So shut up, all of you who say that, for none of us know. kthx

Can we close this thread on that statement?

I would like to point out WHAT THE H*** were they thinking when they released the looks of it to show a crappy controller like that we havent senn a REV controller yet.

Quoting Fate: For one thing, the controller may look bad for any given system, but judgements should NOT be passed by a control no one has played with. Calling yourself a real gamer without giving fair chances calls for a suicide.

Personally, I have no predictions. Gamers are fickle in their style of gameplay, so whatever we choose could make or break the other systems. Obviously, those who want to go retro will choose Nintendo. Those who want to connect with the world go to Microsoft. Those who want the best **** games ever go to Sony. It's about the gamer, not the console.

Im sorry but I am not going to play GTA on a two sided dildo that even vibrates.

Posted by Shade

You really are stupid. Did the word "Boomarang" ever cross your mind? Well no, I mean come on, two sided dildo easily comes to mind before that! Dimwit.

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting Crazy K:
Gamers who want old school would probably choose the Nintendo Rev, gamers who want great games and great gameplay will probably choose the PS3 , and gamers who want good online, good FPS's and good graphics will choose the Xbox 360 (thats saying if there will be many FPS's for the system.)

Are you saying Nintendo doesnt have great games? I mean Sony has some great games, but your talking as if Nintendo cant make quality games anymore.Since when did Sony become king of games? Not everybody wants a Revolution for old school games, maybe somebody wants it for this new innovative controllers with lasers and stuff.

Posted by Axis

I think the point he's trying to make is that Playstation has the biggest library of games (Well, at least that's the case with PS2). PS2 has a large variety of games to choose from, so that's why consumers go for it. So in other words he isn't saying Nintendo or Microsoft make bad games.

Posted by Big Boss

Sony's target audience has always been "everyone," and with their knowledge of the market and quick execution, they'll likely remain on top for the next generation. However, I do believe Microsoft is better prepared than it was with the original Xbox, so the near monopoly of Sony won't be as evident. Nintendo, on the other hand, doesn't look like it has any plans to take over the world, so it's very easy to see them in the third spot.

Quoting powerpuff]Are you saying Nintendo doesnt have great games? I mean Sony has some great games, but your talking as if Nintendo cant make quality games anymore.Since when did Sony become king of games? Not everybody wants a Revolution for old school games, maybe somebody wants it for this new innovative controllers with lasers and stuff.

*** of War, or as captivating and unique as ICO. If I dare predict, I'd say The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will not be as innovative as the upcoming Shadow of the Colossus, although that's my personal assumption.[/color]

[QUOTE=kinco]And by growing up, I meant they need to leave their shells and step into the HD generation, which Miyomoto (SP?) specifically said he would not.

Less than half of U.S. households own an HDTV, and fewer of those own gaming systems. While I own one and wish Nintendo would support it with their next console, I'm among the very small minority. At least it makes more sense than removing their Digital A/V port from the GCNs, which is truly downgrading a console.

Quoted post: I'd say The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will not be as innovative as the upcoming Shadow of the Colossus, although that's my personal assumption.

Of course it won't. You have a unique, new game that's trying new things, and another game that is part of a series, that's introducing a few new aspects, but will only be a better version of an older game.

When it comes to innovation, I highly doubt TP will be a contender.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Crazy K: Im saying what they might improve on, maybe you should open up them eyes a bit and read a little slower so your brain can understand.

No, I understand. You just fail to explain yourself in a manner that people can understand the ****ing point you're trying to make.

Quoting Shade: You really are stupid. Did the word "Boomarang" ever cross your mind? Well no, I mean come on, two sided dildo easily comes to mind before that! Dimwit.

Yea but the vibration control, I mean if i were a girl and my BF just broke up with me I d go out and Buy a PS3 with that controller and A FPS and play all night. Thats all the PS3 will be good for. Gah IT IS A joke anyway they are going to create a new Controller anyway, so lighten up.

Why would you spend $400 on a dildoish controller when you can buy one for twnety dollars at any sex store?

Good Point, never thought of that And lets end the PS3 controller on that shall we.

Posted by Fate

You're a ****ing idiot. Get cancer.

On a side note, you completely ignored what I said. Get out.

Posted by OBHJG

No i didnt i said who in the hell wants to play with that i cant its impossible for me

Posted by Shade

Quoting Demon Soul Cube: Yea but the vibration control, I mean if i were a girl and my BF just broke up with me I d go out and Buy a PS3 with that controller and A FPS and play all night. Thats all the PS3 will be good for. Gah IT IS A joke anyway they are going to create a new Controller anyway, so lighten up.

Did it ever occur to you that Sony specifically stated that the controller (along with the system) shown at E3 were both prototypes? And oh, so the vibrated "double-sided dildo" would be the only good use for the PS3? Please. To me it looks either like a banana or a boomerang. And only somebody with an incredibly sick mind would ever even see traces of a double sided dildo. If such a thing even exists.

Also, it was a bad joke, and a vulgar one at that. Leave please.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade: a double sided dildo. If such a thing even exists.

oh, it does

OH THE THREAD TOPIC WAIT

At this point it looks like the X360's going to dominate unless the PS3 costs the same.

Posted by Shade

Hyper, I'm talking about ones released to the general public, not your "personal" stash. ;)

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade: Hyper, I'm talking about ones released to the general public, not your "personal" stash. ;)

they'd have to be released to the pubic in order for me to get one :mad: its not like I have them custom made :mad:

Posted by Speedfreak

Well, Revolution will definately dominate the "I used to play games but now they aren't appealing to me" audience with the hyper-backwards compatibility. And it seems to have the best chance of attracting non-gamers, if the success of DSs philosphy is anything to go by.

Posted by MichiyoYoshiku

I hate Sony so 360 AND Revolution

Quoted post: a double sided dildo. If such a thing even exists.

What more porn.

Posted by maian

Quoting Fate: You're a ****ing idiot. Get cancer.

On a side note, you completely ignored what I said. Get out.

Cant give rep! :cool:

Anyhow, this thread focuses on who you think will sale and do better, no?

In my opinion, things won't change. PS3, followed by XB360, followed by Revolution.

People now have this image stuck in their heads~

Sony: Has THE MOST games, and the games are all really good. A great system

Microsoft: Has the best graphics ever! And it has Halo, and Xbox Live, and no kiddie games

Nintendo: Childish developer that makes games for 5 year olds. They have a crappy selection, and all the games are kiddy.

All of the above of course, are completely wrong, but that's what the general public thinks of >_>

Then the general public must be made to understand the truth, by someone wiser and more powerful than they.

Posted by Fate

Doesn't matter. Real gamers would get all three systems and stfu.

Some REAL GAMERS cant afford all 3 systems and stuff.

Then they're not real gamers. Real gamers find a way to buy them all.

No they are real gamers just some of their parents dont ****ing make $500000 dollars a year and cant buy 3 systems. ****IT

Posted by Crazy K

Quoting Demon Soul Cube: No they are real gamers just some of their parents dont ****ing make $500000 dollars a year and cant buy 3 systems. ****IT

Well get a job.

Anyways I plan on getting a job this summer. Im going to save up that money for the PS3 then maybe if I have money left over I will buy either the Xbox 360 or the revolution, but im not to sure yet witch one I will choose.

well youll have time to save up 4 the PS3 it wont com out till mid 06
Hey buddy Thanx 4 de reping me when i CANT GET A JOB, I have just gotten out of 13 surgies to my broken infected foot, so i cant!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by maian

Money is not that hard to come buy. Mow lawns, uh, walk dogs.....

whatever would be convienent around your neighborhood >_>

Posted by Crazy K

I heard if your disabled you should be getting checks in the mail. Even if your at a young age. My next door neigbor is on disability, but does not get paid much. If you get disability, I gaurantee that you will have money to get the 3 systems.

Im not sure if teens can get disability, I know one kid I go to school with has disibility because of his asthma and he's around 16 right now.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Demon Soul Cube: well youll have time to save up 4 the PS3 it wont com out till mid 06
Hey buddy Thanx 4 de reping me when i CANT GET A JOB, I have just gotten out of 13 surgies to my broken infected foot, so i cant!!!!!!!!!!

Start sucking dicks at the olive garden. You should be able to rake a few hundreds a night. Plenty enough for multiple launch games, controllers, and memory cards, on top of having all the systems.

Crazy K:

What the hell do you mean "teens can't get dissabilities"? Hell, by standards, you're disabled.

Also, if a kid was to lose his leg or become paralyzed, what the hell do you call that? You act like it's unheard of.

Posted by Shade

My problem will be saving the money. I'm horrible at managing it. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Non-gamers and has-been gamers don't have any of these opinions, and they're who Nintendo are targeting, aswell as the hardcore fans. Casual gamers would just get swept up in the acceptance of Nintendo.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Pit]What the hell do you mean "teens can't get dissabilities"? Hell, by standards, you're disabled.

Well I said I dont know if teens do. That kid I go to school with skips school on purpose until he turned 16 so he can get his disability, so I think you got to be 16 to have disability, but im not to sure.

Posted by Shade

Okay, when you say "dissability" what are you talking about? Because a dissability is something like ADD or having an amputated leg.

Posted by Crazy K

Dissability is like problems with your body, and you get money from the government. My neigbor has a bad back and also is an alcoholic and hes on Dissabilty. But he does not make much money.

ADD I dont think would get you dissablity. Dissability is mostly for injured people or people who cant work or whatever.

Posted by Random

Quoting Shade: Okay, when you say "dissability" what are you talking about? Because a dissability is something like ADD or having an amputated leg.

Rofl I have ADD :-D

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=disability

yea but he didnt have to de rep me, he doesnt know my circumstances or anybosy elses. My bone broke out of my skin cut my skin open dirt gatherd up into my skin, infecting it and i am in a wheelchair formy doctor said DR. Daboue, I fyou must know his name it will be a year before i can walk and my mom had the right to get a dissability tag and everything so we can park in hose spots oh amd by the way< Amputated leg crossed their mind they set up an appointment and everything to do it but they said the did more research and it might not be neccesary.Im underage they are not giving me money to go out and buy a 360 or ps3 moron, they give my parents money to pay of fhte doctor bills. I am also horrible at managing money so their are a lot of people out their who are.

dis

Posted by Crazy K

Seriously man dont take Rep so serious. Rep is just a joke.

Posted by Max Mouse

Playstation 3. Maybe because Sony has more games.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Max Mouse: Playstation 3. Maybe because Sony has more games.

I disagree with that statement. Even though they do have more games, Nintendo has more quality games. That's where it counts.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Protoman: I disagree with that statement. Even though they do have more games, Nintendo has more quality games. That's where it counts.

And I disagree with you. I believe the PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 have more quality games than the Nintendo 64 and GameCube, respectively. In fact, I believe Sony itself made better games in this generation than Nintendo.

Then again, that's all opinion, is it not?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Big Boss]No, he likes Nintendo games. It's more of an opinion based on experience.

Posted by Pit

Gotta agree with Fate and Big Boss on this one. Just because PS2 has a larger library doesn't necessarily mean that it's crap. I mean, Devil May Cry, *** Of War, and other exclusives to PS2 are just as good as any other gamecube game like RE4 (which is not even an exclusive come this year) andRPG's like Baten Kaitos.

Quoted post: And I disagree with you. I believe the PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 have more quality games than the Nintendo 64 and GameCube, respectively. In fact, I believe Sony itself made better games in this generation than Nintendo.

Then again, that's all opinion, is it not?

Indeed. The fact that there ARE so many games, allows for there to be MORE quality games. So it only makes sense that the PS2 would have more quality games than the GC.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Pit: Gotta agree with Fate and Big Boss on this one. Just because PS2 has a larger library doesn't necessarily mean that it's crap. I mean, Devil May Cry, *** Of War, and other exclusives to PS2 are just as good as any other gamecube game like RE4 (which is not even an exclusive come this year) andRPG's like Baten Kaitos.

I didn't say that PS2 had all crappy games. I just said I didn't think that they had as many quality games. I have played games on the PS2, and I only found a few that I actually liked, which turns out to be less than the GCN. So I guess like Big Boss said, it's all a matter of opinion.

Posted by Speedfreak

PS3 won't have more games. Jesus.

Posted by Fate

Well, not at launch.

Posted by Shade

Well, judging by the PS2's game library compared to the Gamecube's and Xbox's, then the PS3 will theoretically have a larger library this time around.

Posted by Mav

Quoting Vampiro: 1st place: PS3

Nothing will change.

"now to get informal"
Personally I think Nintendo has always been the best company when it comes to gaming consoles, we all know they have the best franchises, but thats not enough is it??? No it's not, you see this "console war" is really getting quite interesting (don't you think) . For instance sony and microsoft (great companies don't get me wrong) ideas and perspectives are basicly the same, they think it's all about horsepower, while Nintendo has been all about innovation, nintendo has always been the most inventive system, they've always been watching our backs, there main interest is the consumer, thay want the consumer to feel at home when they play Nintendo, while Microsoft and Sony are just there to take away your hard earned cash. But soon Nintendo will rise to power once again,here is how I can back this up:

- Nintendo will regain it's foreighn market in latin America and asia (mainley) plus everywhere else, this is why:

1- Sony (which had over a million units more sold as opposed to Nintendo) has jus royally ****ed up, theyve changed their disk format ( blue ray, it will offer much more space, so...it will also make the system have slower loading time, the game developers will have a much harder time making games on those disks (not to mention the fact that people will not be able to burn them anymore), royally ****ed up ( we know this is illegal, but do the poor countries give a ****, u can bet ure *** that the rev is gonna sell for that reason)
plus they will have to put much more money and time into those games (and Sony is'nt actually famous for gameplay)

2- Sony's president (Ken) said that the ps3 is not ment for a gaming console (If you work for a game developing company, like I do, you would be ****ed)this has made the game developers furious. If i were a major company I would certainley be reluctent to provide major support to them. Especcialy online supprot.

3- Where does Sony get off charging that ridiculous price ($400 or more)I can see that is a reasonable price for what their machine supposodley has, but why would I spend 400 big ones for a machine that produces the same or lower results as opposed to a Revolution that will cost about $200 - $250 or an x box 360 that will cost $300 or more. Really, do they think they are the kings of the world???

So when you ask me about it...it comes down to the Nintendo's Revolution or MS's Xbox 360, it comes down to quality games and in that i think Nintendo has Microsoft by the ***, no offense but I don't think that an empire can't really depend on one GREAT game (halo). Nintendo loses when it comes to the X boxs' great multimedia system. But then again you will have to PAY for that, and plus Nintendos' online system as opposed to the xbox 360 online system is completely free (Nintendo will also have those new great revolutionary controllers)...Nintendo will win this war, maybe not at the beginning, but they will be leading by the end of this war.

This is pure speculation,guess what, it makes complete sence.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Shade: Well, judging by the PS2's game library compared to the Gamecube's and Xbox's, then the PS3 will theoretically have a larger library this time around.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube. Try again.

Posted by Shade

I'm talking strictly about Revolution games there, Speedy.

Quoting Mav:
This is pure speculation,guess what, it makes complete sence.

Not when the person doing the speculating can't even spell "sense" correctly. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh, well even then. If Revolution really does appeal to a greater market than the other 2, it'll still most likely have more games.

Posted by Shade

Since when did the amount of people that the system appeals to effect the amount of games that come out for it? Explain please, because it's not making sense to me.

Posted by Burrito

If a system appeals to more people, more developers will be attracted to the system wanting these people to buy their games. Therefore, there would be more games.

But since a system only appeals to people because of its game library, it's the most despicable thing in the world for developers to look at demographics like that when determining which system to make their games on.

Posted by Burrito

I can't tell if you're arguing that I'm wrong or that the developers are wrong for doing so.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube. Try again.

But then, that would mean we can also include PS and PS2 games, and unlike the Revolution, all PS and PS2 games will work on the PS3 (give or take a couple of dozen bad eggs or so, as PS2 had about 10 PSOne games with "reported" problems), which are still many more games than Nintendo-owned ones in the past 3 generations (Also consider Rare took games like PD with them, same with other former second party companies), and whatever third-parties decide to support. Even so, the likelihood of having even 70% of the entire SNES or NES library available is pretty low, if you think about companies that have died, changed, been bought, etc... it'd be a huge pain to get the rights to every single game, and this is assuming that all existing third-party companies that have made NES/SNES/N64/GCN games decide to support it, which is unlikely as they can make more money by releasing their own compilations of games, which just so happens to be the trend right now.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Shade: I'm talking strictly about Revolution games there, Speedy.

Then strictly talk about PS3 games, which leaves PS2 out. If you are going to include PS2 and PSOne games, you have to include GCN/N64/SNES/NES games because Rev will have those at it's disposal.

It is true it won't have ALL the games, but hey who's perfect? Besides which, most of the rights of the defunct parties are owned by other major third parties. I am sure it won't be THAT hard for Nintendo to get a lot of those games.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Protoman: Then strictly talk about PS3 games, which leaves PS2 out. If you are going to include PS2 and PSOne games, you have to include GCN/N64/SNES/NES games because Rev will have those at it's disposal.

o_O I was adding the PS and PS2 libraries, not Shade.

Posted by kinco

Reviving an old post.

Posted by kinco

It's been about 2 years since this theoretical feud started, and I wanted to know if anyone's opinion had changed on this matter. All 3 consoles are out now, and the numbers seem to be speaking for themselves.

Xbox 360- Even though it came out a year before the other consoles, its sales still exceed those of the Wii and the PS3. Do a search for the games coming out this holiday season, and you'll see that the 360 has the market all to itself this year.

PS3- As I've said all along, the PS3 has become a victim of its own success. The sales for the PS3 are barely note-worthy, but it's not out of the game just yet. However, with a lot of the once acclaimed PS3 exclusives now confirmed to be multi-platform (Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Devil May Cry) Sony has to go all-out this holiday season if it's going to have any chance of succeeding in the console wars this generation.

Wii- I've smeered the Wii since before it came out. Honestly, I want one now just so I can relax and feel like an idiot. Also, replaying some of the games from my childhood appeals to me. The initial sales for the Wii were great, and they're still hard to find on store shelves. While I don't think Nintendo will outdue Microsoft this generation, I now place it as the #2 console.

But, as always, I'm still avidly behind the Xbox 360. I can't wait to get my hands on Blue Dragon! :D

Posted by Fate

The other consoles haven't been out for a too long. I still think it's too early to go about revising opinions about stuff that happened less than six months ago.

Posted by Roger Smith

Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PS3. That's just how it is.

Posted by Proto Man

DANG, I can't believe this is almost 2 years old...

Quoting Big Boss: o_O I was adding the PS and PS2 libraries, not Shade.

Yes I know you did. I thought Shade was too when he said:

Quoted post: Well, judging by the PS2's game library compared to the Gamecube's and Xbox's, then the PS3 will theoretically have a larger library this time around.

I thought he was adding in the others. Unless he was just making predictions.

Anyways, I think the Wii has potential go surpass XBOX 360. As for the others, well I don't have any intention of getting PS3 for a loooong time. It would have to be a decent price before I do, and even then it would have to have a game I would be interested in, like say a Kingdom Hearts or something. I can see myself getting XBOX 360 soon though. I want to play the new Sonic the Hedgehog game, and a couple of others that have come out on it that my friends at school keep telling me about.

Posted by Vbty3

Wii rules!

Quoted post: Xbox 360- Even though it came out a year before the other consoles, its sales still exceed those of the Wii and the PS3. Do a search for the games coming out this holiday season, and you'll see that the 360 has the market all to itself this year.

Compare numbers of the last six months to the 360's first six months and you'll notice the Wii is drastically outselling the 360. It'll of course die down, but chances are, due to the price, it'll still continue to outsell the 360 month to month.

Posted by Random

At first I was excited to get a Wii.. But i've been playing it lately and i've gotten SO EFFIN BORED OF IT... The Wii needs some serious Games to come out to occupy me.. I've been spending 3/4's of my time on the 360.

Anywho I think the Wii will end its course of selling out.. Infact you can find them on shelves now in a lot of areas. Its low price will help sales but Microsofts huge development in games and massive online collection will pull it in for the win in the end.

Posted by protomanv4

Wii first X-box360 second and PS last
Why I think Wii will be first is cuz since you know the price of the Wii is less than compenders.
X-box 306 second cuz 100 to 200 price difference of the Wii makes the X-box 360 second.
PS3 last cuz you know the price
(no offence to the people that think X-box 360 or PS3 should be first)

Posted by Zeta

The Dreamcast will make an amazing comeback and win this gen.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: The Dreamcast will make an amazing comeback and win this gen.

Only if can over come the PS2, that seems to be doing better in sales then PS3 at the moment.

-------------------------------

Quoted post: Anywho I think the Wii will end its course of selling out.. Infact you can find them on shelves now in a lot of areas. Its low price will help sales but Microsofts huge development in games and massive online collection will pull it in for the win in the end.

O rly?

Where exactly is this at, because I have a ton of people who would fly out there and take those wiis off those stores hands.

Quoted post: Only if can over come the PS2, that seems to be doing better in sales then PS3 at the moment.

It's doing better than most video game systems for obvious reasons.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's doing better than most video game systems for obvious reasons.

So to truly be #1, either MS, Ninty, or Sony would have to outsell the marketshare of the PS2. So technically, wouldn't Sony still be #1 if PS2 is still out there?

Except, you know, console wars usually mean the war within the current generation, which the PS2 is not.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except, you know, console wars usually mean the war within the current generation, which the PS2 is not.

Although it looks like it's somewhat flowing into this generation.

but it's still not current gen

Posted by kinco

You have to think about the fact that all 3 developers have admitted that it's not the systems that win console wars, it's the games. Ignore the fact that the Wii is outselling the Xbox 360 for now. How many Wii games are flying off the shelves every month? The sheer size of the 360's library is what I think will ensure it's inevitible victory this generation. Look at the release date calendars on the big websites, and you'll see that Microsoft has atleast one "instant classic" coming out every month until the year ends. I honestly think games like Blue Dragon and Mass Effect could sway the PS2 RPG fanboys over to the 360. We'll just have to wait until November and find out.

Quoted post: How many Wii games are flying off the shelves every month?

The Wii already has six games that have sold over a million. So a lot, I guess.

Posted by Ant

I like sniper.