Pokemon Characters

Posted by SavingMatthew

I was watching some tv today and i saw pokemon on, so i decided to watch it for a couple minutes. And i noticed that all the characters in that show cannot say one sentence without say ohh, ahh, or uhhh or anything like that twice. Every single sentece they say that atleast twice, and it is extremely annoying

Posted by Sapphire Rose

>_> <_< >_>
Really?
EVERY sentence?
I noticed quite a few sentences where they just talked.
^_-_^
Oh well, I shall believe you........................ for now. ^_-_^

Posted by SavingMatthew

yea im wondering if thats the way they talk in Japan also, it thats where pokemon was made. why do they make them say ohh and ahhh so much?

Posted by bazariah

Quoting SavingMatthew: why do they make them say ohh and ahhh so much?

emphasis im guessing, cartoons are aimed at usually anybody in japan, in america and the uk they are primarrily aimed at kids, for some reason they probably see the ooh ahhh as emphasis to something happening around them, kids may not understand some of the dialogue hence a oohh may be appropriate to convey thought or a ahh may show that somebody in the series is fully understanding something else.... you know it's like if you were to put a nail through you foot during an accident with a nail gun you'd propably scream "oh my!, jesus christ i gott a nail in my foot it hurts, the pain is unbearable" a kid may not understand that, a simple ow! would be fully understood

Posted by SavingMatthew

yea but they do it when they are just sitting there looking at a pokemon walk around or when they run from one town to the next, whatever the hell they are doing, even if they are eating, they always say ohh ahh and all that stuff

Posted by FavoJavo

I can't belive you can stand a few min.

Posted by Mixhael

I wish they'd animate my favorite Pokemon for the TV series...

[IMG]http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~kornfeld/pbowl/pikajew.gif[/IMG]

sorry

Posted by SailorClef

depending on what you're talking about it could have been to make the mouth movements fit... O_o then again, i dunno what i'm talking about

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah. It'll be dubbing synchronisation, if anything. Or compensation for the actors complaining they don't get enough lines.

Posted by Shade

All of the characters in the pokemon anime are annoying as hell. End of story.

Except Brok, he's f*cking awesome. and doesn't have a bad voice actor

Posted by FerreTrip

...I'll tell you why they do that: It's yet another one of the things 4Kids have done to mutilate the series and make it a one-hit wonder in the USA. They do that because, well, it's just how their loony little censor minds work, that's what I think. I KNOW there's a logical explaination, but I'm SURE it's 4Kids to blame. I mean, they've cut some crucial episodes, and even the HARMLESS Ice Cave episode. Of course, they banned the infamous Porygon episode, as it is banned even in Japan itself, although HOW can really bright, flashing lights give you a seizure?! -_-;; Anyway, the show does NOT suck. It's just that 4Kids is dumbing it down WAAAAY too much. I HATE anyone who just hates pokemon without giving a fair reason. I mean, not all of them are annoying. I think that some of them are cool. It's just that us Americans are too focused on what's violent and all that and not enough on variation and story. There is no gunplay in our version of the show, even though in Japan there was some MINOR stuff in not one, but at least TWO major episodes(Dratini and Safari Zone where Ash catches all those f***ing Tauros), which is why...a...*shuts up, seeing as he is going into another of his rants*

Quoting FerreTrip: HOW can really bright, flashing lights give you a seizure?!

Don't be a gigantic tool. OH WATE TOO LATE

Posted by FerreTrip

...I take it that's an insult...But listen: If you're gonna flame Pokemon, please, do it on the flame boards. Please? This is just starting to get out of hand. And I'm saying this in general, not anything to Wings.

FerreTrip, I'm sorry (well actually I'm not really, but whatever), but WHENEVER I've seen you on the boards you've been a complete idiot. And nothing's changed. No, I wasn't flaming Pok

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting SavingMatthew: yea im wondering if thats the way they talk in Japan also, it thats where pokemon was made. why do they make them say ohh and ahhh so much?

I sure hope that's the way they talk, it's a lot better than boring, old, English stoicism. I should make it a point to integrate "ooh"s and "aaaahhh"s into my sentences more.

first post in Pokemon board, ever lol :cool:

Posted by pika_girl

Because 4kids has some stupid problem with people being on the screen and not making a sound..

Ugh, you're all being so thick...

Posted by Master Chief 12

Quoting FerreTrip: Of course, they banned the infamous Porygon episode, as it is banned even in Japan itself, although HOW can really bright, flashing lights give you a seizure?! -_-;;
[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Mass hysteria, a condition in which a group of people may get sick, in this case they have epileptic seizures, and the people around them start to feel sick(more psychology then epidemics). This happens especially in stressed conditions, teens in Japan were getting ready for a final crucial exam(hence-stress) and so mass hysteria caused a large group(5,000-10,000) to think they had seizures during the porygon episode. So that is how bright flashing lights can cause a lot of people to have seizures at the same time(or eventually, at least) Only a few people watching this Japanese episode suffered from epileptic seizures, but mass hysteria caused thousands to have one.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by FerreTrip

O.O;; Oh. Thanks for answering that for me...Yow...Mass hysteria...That's scary.

Quoting pika_girl: Because 4kids has some stupid problem with people being on the screen and not making a sound..

XD NICE!! I'll take THIS as a legit reason!