Should pokemon go to the DS?

Posted by RAHU

With the DS's touch screen it would enable new battle opertunities, and the double screen would come in handy if you suddenly needed an item. But there would also be draw backs if pokemon went to the DS, such as the 3-D format, would pokemon work on the 3-D level? I havent played pokemon coleseum, but i heard the nintendo struglled with the switch to 3-D. So do you thnik the pokemon franchise should go to the DS, or just stay on the GBA?

Posted by inequity

I think pokemon would do very well on the DS. Nintendo doesn't HAVE to put it in 3d, they can easily make a 2-d one with touch screen abilities. If they were to make a 3-d one, I would want them to make it similar to they way super mario 64 was played (similar camera). Hopefully they won't make any brand new pokemon. Everytime a new pokemon game comes out, 150 more idiotic pokemon are made. I would like to see them use the first 250 pokemon.

I still get sick whenever I think about pokemon dash...

Posted by Shade

2D, simple as that. And if they put Pokemon in 3D, I say we all rise as a group, and slay them. :link:

Posted by Klarth

Pokemon IS going to the DS. Diamond and Pearl versions, anyone?

Posted by Tinkleheimer

The touch screen would be efficient for assigning pokemon items, or moving and such. I think it would do well. I need to get back in Pokemon and try and collect'em all...lame.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

No, in terms of Pokemon, they need to focus on a bad-*** 'Cube or Revolution version....
Flame all you want, thats just what I think.

Posted by Shade

Pokemon belongs on the handhelds. I think Colleseum and Gale of Darkness will help you realize that.

Posted by SailorClef

I'd rather GBA but.. as already mentioned it's going to the DS.

so.. That'll be only reason I'll be buying the thing u_u (the DS, I mean)

as for people always complaining about the 'new' pokemon >_> sure, I know the numbers are getting rediculous but from what I've been told by a friend who is Japanese, there was once an article (in CoroCoro? or maybe it was something else but it was a Japanese source, I know that much) that said that Satoshi Tajiri created all the Pokemon at the same time.. and there are apparently thousands of them ._.

so.. saying that you don't like the 'new' pokemon is kinda...eh..
(though, they probably try to pick which pokemon to use by which ones they think will be most popular so I guess they could be running out..)

feel free to flame me now >_>

Posted by Pit

Quoting SailorClef: I'd rather GBA but.. as already mentioned it's going to the DS.

so.. That'll be only reason I'll be buying the thing u_u (the DS, I mean)

as for people always complaining about the 'new' pokemon >_> sure, I know the numbers are getting rediculous but from what I've been told by a friend who is Japanese, there was once an article (in CoroCoro? or maybe it was something else but it was a Japanese source, I know that much) that said that Satoshi Tajiri created all the Pokemon at the same time.. and there are apparently thousands of them ._.

so.. saying that you don't like the 'new' pokemon is kinda...eh..
(though, they probably try to pick which pokemon to use by which ones they think will be most popular so I guess they could be running out..)

feel free to flame me now >_>

Actually, I'd rather have it on the DS. The options should be larger and this should be the largest pokemon game yet. Sure Pokemon made it's debut on the gameboy handheld, but now with the DS, there are plenty of things that you can add. Graphically it should look better, audio wise, just as well, and if it uses a touch screen RPG interface, it can make things easier.

We also see how Fire Red and Leaf Green utilize the wireless feature but since the DS is wireless out of the box, it can only be better from there, not to mention all "multiplayer games on the DS" should be online.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

COULD BE the largest version yet. Not necessarily will be - no game uses the cartridges full potential. It could easily be smaller, or the same size.

I just hope that they enable trading between the GBA versions. Just whack them in the GBA slot and one screen is the DS game, one is GBA. Perfect.

Posted by Shade

Quoting SailorClef: (in CoroCoro? or maybe it was something else but it was a Japanese source, I know that much)

No, it's coromoro. ;)

Online...online...online. You all better battle me.

I definitely will be. In fact on release I'll probably be online as soon as I can.

Getting my butt kicked because the European release is later than the US one.

Actually, if ever there was a game to import, that'll be it.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'll be hooked on this for months to come when it comes out. I'll be online battling everyday.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

If they can think of an innovative use for the touchpad, I would support Pokemon on the DS.

Posted by puppyrock3

i think it would be cool if they gave it a better twist!!!

Posted by junior senior

Pokemon should go on the DS. They've been on Nintendo 64, GameCube, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, so yeah, they should continue. Why not?

Posted by zoey

Nobody said anything about SP. That has a built in light.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=zoey]Nobody said anything about SP. That has a built in light.

Emerald was on the SP. So was every other advance version...

I personally believe that Pokemon needs an overhaul of its battling system. Pokemon fights should be more like the TV show, and less like two Pokemon standing in fixed positions while fireing energy blasts across massive, featureless maps. In fact, if Pokemon was more like a tactics game, that would make my day. The DS would be great for that.

I've been wanting a Smash Bros. esque fighting style since Red and Blue. :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think if anything, a final fantasy tactics type approach would be best for more realistic poke battles.

I would support a DS version, but to be honest, I cant think of a single real change that would be worth the conversion that isnt jsut a cheesey gimick.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Lord of Spam]I think if anything, a final fantasy tactics type approach would be best for more realistic poke battles.

ding

Posted by loony636

Please change your font colour, it blinds me.

About Pokemon, its inevitable that it will come to the DS.

Posted by giminius

Actually, I enjoyed the RPG style systems of the gamecube versions. I have always wanted to see a pokemon game where the monsters were limited to a few out of the whole multitude. (imagine 150 new pokemon, and not being allowed to use one of them)
Maybe a future pokemon game would involve, not catching your pokemon from the wild, but receiving them as rewards or choices, and having each individual person's team molded to their personality rather than a desire for power.
(of course, this would not replace a standard game in the tradition of red, blue, emerald, etc. Something has to sate us long-time fans.)