Music Eras?

Posted by crimsoncinder

Which was your favourite era for new music? 60's, 70's, 80's etc etc..

I'd say mine would be the 90's to now. I mean the 90's had the HUGE grunge revolution, which brought some amazing bands into the spotlight and changed music altogether. And now, I mean the metal scene has changed and evolved so much. Well, thats my opinion at least.

Posted by Altinure

my favorite era of music was the teen pop era from 1997 to 2001. i miss those days a lot.

Posted by Shin-Ra

The late 80's - early 90's is my favorite era. The black metal from this time was at its best, the death metal and thrash were wonderful, and STP, Smashing Pumpkins and Tool had some great stuff out at this time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The late 80's - early 90's is my favorite era. The black metal from this time was at its best, the death metal and thrash were wonderful,

Stole the words right outta my mouth.

Posted by William

Favorite era for new music? What? *oscar*

Anyhow... Probably the early to mid 90s, although the late 70s and (all of the) 80s weren't that bad either.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Honestly, I like late 90's to now best. But there has yet to be an era that I have not liked in terms of metal.

Posted by Klarth

From now to thirty years ago, pretty much. I enjoy a lot of the mainstream stuff that's been floating around (Abba, Madness, Floyd, The Doors) as well as all the un-heard of bands I listen to.

I can't wait for Bext to spot this thread and talk about how good Beethoven and Mozart are. *oscar*

Posted by William

Ohhh! Classical music...I forgot all about that. In that case, add the 1700s to my list. :cool:

Posted by TheSecondComing

Most of the bands I listen to are from the late 80s and early 90s.

Posted by sabre

60s-mid80s for mainstream, and mid80s onwards for underground.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

'77-'83

Posted by Lord of Spam

soem of the swing stuff form the 20s was good.

Some of the hippy music (hendrix for lyfe) was good too.

The eighties sucked overall, but it had some really good stuiff amidst hte sea of poop.

Grunge can suck my balls and die, becuase all it did was pave the way for whiney bastards like staind and nickleback. hairmetal never really died, it jujst calmed down a bit.

90's techno waws good stuff.

for rap, you have to go to the eighties up until mid 90s

country always sucked

thats all i can think of for now...

Posted by auzzman5151

1985-2005. Thats when I started listening to punk, ska, and metal.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting rivercitytecmo: '77-'83

PUNKASFUCK!!!

Posted by NegativeTrend

60's - 80's even though most good bands went to *** in the 80's. Looking at you Moody Blues.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting TheSecondComing: PUNKASFUCK!!!

yeah, i try not to be cliche like that, but so many of the albums i listen to are from that era (especially 1977; there's like 10 albums from that year that are among my favorites).

Posted by Fate

All of the 70s is my era pick, since my favorite band is the Eagles. The 60s are a close second. I can't resist listening to an oldies station.

Posted by Outlaw

From the mid 80's till the mid 90's. Mainly bcuz rap music was emerging in that era and was at its best.