Xenosaga II Should I play this game?

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Xenosaga II has been out for some time now. I bought this game the first day it came. But have been unable to get into it because of the worthless battel system. I just want to know. Is the story line worth it. Or does the battel system suck less as your characters get farther in the game? Should I just wait and see if Namco will release a dvd with Xenosaga III and just watch the dvd?

Posted by Poco

The Xenosaga anime sucks, btw. The battle system gets better, and the story isn't half as confusing as the first games.

Posted by Xenos

A confusing story isn't that bad of a thing to me, though yeah. The anime was terrible, especially in quality. It was just plain cheesy to me.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

No thats not what I'm talking about. When you preordered the second game. You got a dvd with all of the FMV's on it. But the game does become better and is worth sitting throught that horriable pick the zone battle system, right? Which characters should I use. In the first game I used Shion chaos and KOS-MOS. But I never beat the final boss and could not save my game. So which characters should I use?

Posted by kyubi

The zone battle system is only confusing for a little bit. I will admit that the battle system is a tad tedious, but you get used to it. The plot in Episode II is, as said, more interesting and slightly less confusing. The new game+ adds more challenges, and harder bosses.
I highly suggest this game to anyone who played the first game.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

i didn't like the first one i stoped playing the game an hour in. I don't know what it might be but something about that game just make me want to never see it again. guess it just not my style is all. It must have been popular is they made the second one going on third.