Battlefront II

Posted by Pacifico

I just stumbled apon this trailer:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#Home

Yeah, this game looks better than the first. It seems that you have more control over the ships movements and capabilities than the last, and some awesome new levels from Episode III and some of the other movies. The space battles seem to be the great new feature. Can't wait...

Posted by Random

Wow that Trailer Rocked. I can't wait!! I'm so anxious for Battlefront II. It'll probably be the last Xbox game i'll end up buying before the Next Gen consoles come out.

Posted by maian

It looks great. Battlefront has always been my favorite SW game, and this one won't dissapoint. You now have control of Jedi and other characters, as well as (from what it looks like) more choices for ground soldiers. The starfighter mode looks way improved. I hated how in BF1 it zoomed in way too close to the ship, making it hard to control. And, it seems you have much more control and have more choices, such as it's movement. The levels look awesome, and it looks like it'll have more action.

Can't wait.

Posted by Axis

Hopefully it wont lag as bad as the last one did.

Posted by Speedfreak

Are the dogfights any good? Or do they just reduce to flying around in circles after your enemy like pretty much every other dogfighting game?

Posted by nich

Quoting Speedfreak: Are the dogfights any good? Or do they just reduce to flying around in circles after your enemy like pretty much every other dogfighting game?

That's what a dogfight is, but I see your point it is tedious and boring at times. What could they do to make it better though?

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting nich: That's what a dogfight is, but I see your point it is tedious and boring at times. What could they do to make it better though?

Dogfight's aren't flying around in circles until your nose catches up with their tail, or vice versa. Saying so is a great discredit to the art.

To make it better they could give the ships real physics. For example: in a videogame, starting a turn at full throttle, cutting power but still turning, then cutting throttle back on will make you start a wide turn, briefly slow down and turn tighter, then turn wider again.
With more realistic physics, and this goes double for space combat, you'd end up doing a wide turn then when you cut the throttle and turn your ship would actually "skid", and move in a direction different to that which is it travelling, then blast off in it's facing direction when you cut throttle on. Basically, current dogfighting games are like what driving games would be if the cars had infinite traction when turning.

The difference between these two systems is not only in the kind of manuevers you can pull off (much much more with realistic physics), but it also rewards players with a more delicate hand on the stick. Wrenching it around like you do in games like Crimson Skies and Rogue Leader would easily make you lose control in a more realistic game.

That's not so say, of course, that true flight simulators are any fun. They're too realistic. I just want planes that don't handle like Segways.

Posted by Klarth

I play Halo on my school's lan, and now nobody uses banshees for that reason. However, all the ****tards don't seem to realise that suddenly reversing gives you an advantage.

I hope this one gets a PC release at some point.

Posted by Random

Quoting Majesty: I play Halo on my school's lan, and now nobody uses banshees for that reason. However, all the ****tards don't seem to realise that suddenly reversing gives you an advantage.

I hope this one gets a PC release at some point.

uh.. yeah we're talking about Battlefront... haha oh and yeah there will be a PC version. PC Version will Have I think was it 32.. or was it 64 players allowed to play, Xbox Version will have 16 or 32.. I forget haha and the PS2 version will have either 8 or 16. I forget.. The PC Version>XBox Version>PS2 Version.

More or Less.. Don't ask i'm tired.

Posted by Mini Rebew

omfg, i cant wait, i loved the first one SO much, i hope they fixed the laggy online though. But i bet with the jedis, people online are going to be stupid and ALWAYS be the jedi, and b***ch if you decide to try it out, but i guess thats unavoidable. The space battles look awsome, i just hope they give you more control in the vehicles, and consentrate more on making vehicles fight eachother other than having them for getting to command posts faster, and taking out actual people. And some kind of lock-on for rocket launcers would be nice, so tanks arent as unbalanced. But it looks like they consentrated on all of the things people complained about in the last one.

Posted by maian

I'm willing to bet you only get one life as a jedi/main character ;o

...How else would it work?

Posted by Speedfreak

Either that or it's just a novelty character that's seriously off-balance. Like having great close combat capabilities, but terrible long range. So it's really only useful in a few situations.

Posted by Echo

It would, however, be downright awesome to have 32+ Jedi and Sith fighting each other over Bespin, especially if as a Jedi/Sith you get actual moves and not just a single "attack" command.

Posted by maian

Indeed, the Cloud City platforms have always been me and my friend's favorite level. I can't wait to see the maps it has.

Posted by EliteVideoGames

BATTLEFRONT RULES.

Posted by Chronic

I cant wait to play this one the first one was decent this one going to rock.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Despite all the flaws of Battlefront, it's my favorite Xbox game right now. I like the feeling I get 100 ft. up in my AT-AT, priceless. I didn't really notice the lags on the first one(of course I didn't play online). I hope Battlefront ll has more online game modes other than the standard.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]