Which is your favorite MegaMan series/game?

Posted by Concerto

This'll be the ONLY "Favorite game/series?" thread. Any others will be deleted.

Use this thread to say which MegaMan game and/or series is your favorite, and why. ^^

I'm a big fan of all of 'em (obviously ^^), but I particularly like the Battle Network series.

Posted by Roth

For me it has to be the original NES series. Mega Man 2, in particular. It had really cool bosses, and the levels were well done, too. I love the toms in the Mega Man series (kind of a signature), and the "Wily" battle at the end was great! And what about the big green dragon? Awesome!

Posted by LegendsManic

The Legends Series by far. I have been a fan ever sence it came out.

Posted by Legend Saber

I must say, that while the Battle Network series impressed me greatly, my favorite game and series would have to be X. Mega Man X is my second favorite game of all time (edged out only by the wonderful masterpiece that is Final Fantasy VII), and I've beaten it inexcess of one-hundred times, to the point where, provided I'm playing seriously, I get through the entire game without dying once. I used to beat it every week, nowadays I beat it once a month or so, normally when I'm trying to kill time (not to say Mega Man X isn't fun, but I've beaten the thing to death).

Posted by Concerto

Roth: I've never had the oppertunity to play most of the original MM games, but I've always enjoyed the ones I have played. ^^ 2 seems to be the general "favorite" of the Classic series.

LegendsManiac: The Legends games are great, a nice change from the usual side-scroller Mega Man. :) Which one did you like best, 1 or 2?

Legend Saber: X is the series that got me hooked on Mega Man, X2 specifically. It's interesting that you like the original X game best - most people I talk to prefer X2 and/or 3. (I like' em all. =^^=)

Posted by Linko_16

I enjoy all Mega Man Classics, the first six Mega Man X titles, Mega Men Legends and I guess I'll throw in Mega Man Battle Network 2 for good measure.

Zerostar's right in saying that Mega Man II (remember that the classics go by Roman Numerals, if you're picky as I am about it XP) is the most popular of the orginals, but my choice selection is the first. It's the first I've played, the one with all my favorite Robot Masters, and the one that I've mastered it to the point where I can finish it off without Gaming Over, so it's hard for me not to like it most.

It's hard for me to choose a favorite Mega Man X game. I think I'll just leave it as a general affection for X-X6.

Mega Man Legends is one I like more than Mega Man Legends 2 for similar reasons why I like the first Classic over the others: I played it first, mastered it, know it front to back and absolutely adore the bosses.

Mega Man Battle Network 2 is the only title I mentioned because it's the only one I finished... I could never get hooked on the series.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Linko_16: ...(remember that the classics go by Roman Numerals, if you're picky as I am about it XP)

The classics used both numbers and Roman Numerals (not to be too picky).

I also name Mega Man "2" the single greatest Mega Man game ever. It has the best boss "Man"s, the most versatile weaponry, and the most superb level designs of any other Mega Man game I've played. The developers used virtually every platform element that was known at the time, and presented it as some form of challenge. Near perfect playability and perhaps the best action side-scroller of its generation.

Then it's all downhill from there.

EDIT by Zerostar:: Apparently the site you wanted to get that pic from has an anti-hotlinking dealie. ^^;; I took out the picture. XD

Posted by Concerto

Actually, 1 - 7 use roman numerals in-game, and numbers on the boxes. People usually only use the roman numerals to refer to the GB games, and not the NES/SNES ones, but it's correct either way. The only one that doesn't use roman numerals (of the classic series) is MM8. :) All the other series (X, Battle Network, Legends) use numbers. :)

Posted by Dark Link

My overall favorite series is the X series.
I LOVED and still love the first 3 X games. I played X4 at my friend's house, and after that went to X8. since I didn't own a PS1/2 at the time I didn't play X5-6 (X7 is extremely sad)

The Battle Network series closely falls behind the X series. I didn't really think the MMBN series was gonna be interesting, but I got into it by trying out MMBN1/2 as a ROM. Shortly after I bought MMBN3 and got hooked.I introduced my friend to MMBN1/2 and he loved the series, he bought MMBN3. We made a deal where we both get the different version so I would have 3 White and he'd have Blue.

Posted by goku262003

.exe is my favorite!
most unique MM series ive seen!
and bass.exe is tight arse!

Posted by Stalolin

I'm leaning towards Classic series and early X series.

Classic was what started it all, defined the Megaman games, defined the Blue Bomber, and the game play is why the game kept going on.

Early X series were a breakthrough in Megaman, adding new ablities, new characters, and new power-ups. And by early X series, I mean any on the SNES, I can't bring myself to love the ones on the Playstation or Playstation.

Posted by dark_navi1

Its all about BN3!

Posted by Pit

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the Legend series or the new X games. I found X5 - X8 to be the worst MegaMan games yet. Legends was bad, for me. My favorite series has to be... well, there's three. The X Saga, Zero Saga, and the EXE Saga. X has to be my favorite Megaman game, up to date, and Megaman Zero 3 comes close to that. Out of Battlenetwork, I was impressed with 4's battle system. It was great, but the story was just bad and playing through the game 4 times to get everything was not fun. EXE 3, IMO, is the best game in it's series. As for the classic MegaMan games, definately 2, and that's because I love Airman's Theme and Wily Stage 1.

Posted by Krunchy

-Drools- Megaman 8 I just can't resist. Especially, after the little anime clips.. It almost made me pee...

Posted by Crono

Me? I'm totally hooked on the Megaman Zero series, myself. I'll sit and play for hours upon hours upon days upon weeks. LOL. Either way, that's my favorite series, followed closely by the Battle Network/Network Transmission group.

Posted by Slade

Man, I need to play more Megaman... I used to play a lot, and my faves were Megaman X 1-4. I played X8 later, and it was good, but the others stick in my mind a lot better. I hate the direction the series is going with turn-based battles... they'll take the insane action out of the franchise, and that's the main point for me!

Posted by Captain Falcon

mega man x and mega man 4

Posted by Apathetic

Battle Network Series
MMBN2=more than enough to explain why ;)
But seriously, MMBN2 is awesome. The storyline was great. Plenty of butt kicking action. Out of the whole MMBN series 2 was the best and 3 was second. Four was okay but since you had to do the same thing over again 3 times I was bored after going through it the second time. I hardly even got to play the first one so I cannot judge it.

Posted by Barrysun

I'm collecting the battle network series. so far I have 3 white and 4 red sun. the 3 White game is alot more fun then most of the red sun.

Posted by the megaman chat

if u like megaman then go to the site http://themmmc.suddenlaunch3.com/ we need members!!!

Posted by Breakman

The Classic Series is my favorite. Mega Man 3 is my favorite from it, thuogh I love all of them except for 6 (instead of at least adding one or two cool new features, music and good level designs to make it fun to play despite repetitiveness, MM6 offered just annoying stuff, mostly-bland music and was generally just the worst of the series for me). The original Game Boy series was excellent as well.

MMX, I would say, is my second favorite, since 1-4 are excellent (X1 expecially) but 5+ all pretty much suck. I've heard X8 is good but I haven't played it.

Legends is another series I love. I love both of them very much, I originally hated them but when I accepted that they aren't Mega Man games at all but more like a separate Capcom series with heavy Mega Man influences, I really started to love them. I still wanna play The Misadventures of Tron Bonne sometime.

Zero is really great as much as I've played it; not much, but it seems more like the older X games; much more well-made and with interesting storylines. they're very difficult, but I like that, since I'm a MM pro. The 'level up' system is excellent, too; I love any game in which you can level up anything :P

Battle Network is actually my least favorite of all the series. I love how the game is set in an alternate dimension of the Classic series, with all the same characters just in a different perspective, but some things about the story bug me (especially the fact that most of the characters are elementary school students) and the gameplay is the worst. I've only played the first one, but if the others are anything like it, that's enough to make me not interested in them. It's like an RPG, with dungeons FULL of tedious random battles, but in most RPGs I LOVE random battles--and I'm talking games like Lufia 1 and Breath of Fire 1, Dragon Warrior and the older Final Fantasies, where random battles were very, very often and dungeons could be insane without a map. I love them because you get experience afterwards which is used to build up your characters further and further, a feature in gaming that, like stated in the paragraph about MMZero, I absolutely love. However, in Battle Network, you have to endure these battles time and again, suffer through a horrible 'card battle'-derived system where you will only get powerful cards if you're LUCKY, and try to beat the battle as fast as possible for more rewards...over and over...with NO experience. You never build up Mega Man at all, you just hope that you can find some better cards for his deck. And once in a GREAT while you will find a chest with a power-up item, or be able to buy one from a merchant for a /massive/ sum, which very, very slightly increases one of Mega Man's original buster's capabilities. And that's it. No experience in a random-battle-infested 'RPG', and also a card-battle system (I HATE all card-battle games. ALL). A lot of people really like this series, but it's just not for me.

...........and that's my 2 cents <3

Posted by protomanEXE

my favorites are megaman x5 and x6

Posted by Supermario

I like the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Mega Man series the most. My favorite game is probably Mega Man 6.

Posted by Fpsmastaps2

i like the original the best, because it's simply easy to follow through and way harder than megaman games today. but i also like the battle network series because it makes you use stratedgy, in which i like.

Posted by Corrupt

It's all about the original; the one that started it all.

But then again, it's the only one I've played, so yeah.

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

I liked MegamanX for the SNES and MegaMan Battle Network series.

Posted by Light

i've only played the mega man 2 battle network game but from it i've come to love them all i'm working on collecting them all when time permits and i cna find them at a gaming store

Posted by Pit

Megaman 2
The best game in the NES series. The difficulty was at it's best, the levels were well thought out, bosses were a great fight, and the platforming element in that game are unmatched by any other Megaman game in the "classic" series. Yes, not even 8.

Megaman X
My favorite X game in the series. It departed from the "classic" feel and gave the Megaman like character (X is still to be confirmed by Capcom whether he's an upgrade of Megaman or a new creation all together) new powerups and gameplay elements. Collecting subtanks, heart pieces, and armor upgrades led the series into a brand new direction.

Megaman Battlenetwork 2
Megaman Battlenetwork 4 may have the superior battle system but the difficulty fails in comparison to Battlenetwork 2. Battlenetwork 2 had the better and more challenging bosses, better story, and you didn't have to replay it 4 times to get everything. 4 may have the best battle system and vs. mode for you and you friends, but the one player is just garbage.

Megaman Zero 3
Takes place after the X series, the Zero series has made a name for itself in the GBA. The most challenging Megaman games, ever. With the mix of RPG elements, weapon upgrades, and armor upgrades, Zero 3 is a great game. It also explains more about Zero's past and was an excellent game all together. Never in a Megaman game have I ever seen such platforming and precise timing in a task to get from point a to point b.

Posted by FavoJavo

Megaman Anaversery
1.2 player
2.why the F**K

Posted by Miles Tails Prower

I have all of the battle network series except the two new one's. I also have MegaMan 8 and I've played the X series and the MegaMan Legends series, BUT my favorite would have to be the battle network series. I especially like 2 and 3.

Posted by Megabuster23857

Ok well i got to say the Battle Network series is my fav. and the game would be MMBN5 Team Protoman!!!

Posted by megaman91

I got to say MMBN5. I love the liberation missions and how you can play all those different navis. I also like MMBN3 and 4.

Posted by TmhwkSoul

Both the orignal, the battle network and the X series are kool. But if you ask me, X series RULE!
[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/megaman511/Xlogo.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've seriously only played these:

Megaman 1-8
Megaman X 1-4
Megaman Soccer

And of those games, Megaman Soccer is probably my favorite.

Never played Legends, Battle Network, or any of that junk.

Stick to the classics, I do.

Posted by gamer_net

I've always enjoyed the classics. The ones on the nes/snes the best.

Posted by CS Ryan

It would have to be the Battle Network series. It got me started on Mega Man games, so I checked out other ones. Now I have a ton from all of the series of Mega Man games, except Legends. That 3D concept dragged MegaMan kicking and screaming into 3D 'cause of Sony's demand for a unique MegaMan.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

i like all of em' but there are some that i liked best but some that i liked not so much...down here are the ones that i liked best

from the classics the best for me was megaman1

from the x series...x4

from the battle network series...M.B.N.1 and 3

from legends series....legends1

from ps2 series...megaman x command mission

gameboy series....megamanxtreme 1 and 2 and megaman 1

and megamanzero series.....none

oh and megaman soccer that was a cool game

Posted by Seres Aran

*Sigh* People people people... they never cease to amaze me. I don't mean to get on a great series, but Battle Network sucks. It is the poorest excuse for Megaman games since Legends. Hey, don't start scoffing at me yet, I have Battle Network 3, and can own anybody in any of the Battle Network games. So I know from experience. The only thing I found cool was the character makeovers (Bass! Woot!). The storyline was stupid, and it was dumber still how Megaman was a "Net protector". He went from a robot to computer data. Talk about lame. And I don't have anything against RPGs, either. But RPG style does not suit any Megaman game. Capcom just needs to stick to the side-scrolling goodness that is the original, X, and Zero Megaman games. My favorite series is the X series, but my favorite Megaman game is none other than Megaman and Bass. It has my two favorite robots in it; Bass and King. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah... Zero (even though he doesn't add up to the awesomeness that is Bass and the craftiness that is King). Although the X series is my favorite, the more recent games are giving it a bad name. I mean come on, Axl? How Kingdom Hearts! Axl needs to take himself apart and return to the scrap heap from whence he came. Hey, I'm not trying to get on the minor setbacks of the Megaman series (*cough cough* Megaman Legends, Battle Network, Axl *hack hack*), but I'm just trying to prove that if Capcom keeps it original, they're all good. :)

Posted by Alex_DX

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Well to tell u the truth i like Megaman Battle Network 3 cuz its a nice and long game, its a little hard too but i managed to finish the game without cheating or something else(like faqs or walkthroughts) .... The ones you played must know how hard it is without help :cool: ;) [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Posted by Grave Wisdom

For me? i'd say Mega Man 2(duh!), Mega Man X1 and 8, as well as Command Mission.

Posted by Flame Master

Mines is battle network 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by gamerz

Mine is Megaman 1-6 on the nes. old school Mega Man.

Posted by Red

X1 was pretty great

Posted by poisonblood

I realy like Megaman2 NES and the legend games

Posted by Destructoid

Call me old fashioned, but Megaman 2 is by far my favorite one, and also my favorite game of all time. I never get sick of it. I think it's the mix of really precise gameplay, the infectious music (the airman stage is amazing, bubbleman, so many good tracks) and I'll never get over the shock of being chased by that gigantic full screen robot dragon. I have a thing for robots. This is it for me, despite the hideous cover art that plagued the series :D

Posted by Roxas23857

Wow this is an old thread. Anyways I like the X series and the battle network series too.

Posted by ShadowWizard

Easily the Classic series, Mega Man 1-6 were all spectacular. The X series was also really good.

Posted by Gregaman91

X series were good to me, but i like the battle field for the battle network series. Megaman battle network 1-6 are great, but my favorite game of all time has got to be MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST GREGAR!!!

Posted by Fullflamealchemist

I like network 5.

Posted by Cruxis

Megaman collectors edition. (LOL) I know I cheaped out there. Well, i guess I would have to say my favorite title was either Megaman X or Megman X8. Just because these titles felt very solid to me. I also Like the remake of Megaman X (PSP), it was almost better than the origonal.

Posted by SaintNerevar

i would have to say megaman 64. it shows a little bit of megamans history and the origin of data.

Posted by CS Ryan

In other words, MegaMan Legends.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I've always prefered the X series for several reasons, the animal robot models are one of them.

Plus, none of the original Mega Man games have a boss with a name as cool as Storm Eagle.[/COLOR]:cool:

Posted by Zeta

Zero series.

Favorite game in each series would be MM3, MMX4, MMBN3, and MMZ3. Lots of threes...

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Aioros: Plus, none of the original Mega Man games have a boss with a name as cool as Storm Eagle.[/COLOR]:cool:

What about...Tengu Man?
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Rm8_te.PNG[/img]

Posted by Dog

X and Battle Network series. Mainly MMBN 1,2,3,4.

Posted by Breakman

Classic Mega Man, Early X (up to X4 or so), and Legends are definately my favorites. Mega Man 3, Mega Man X and both Legends are my specific favorites. 2, 7, and Bass are also huge hits with me.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Arcadios: What about...Tengu Man?
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Rm8_te.PNG[/img]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Looks cool, but it sure doesn't sound cool.

Storm Eagle. . . yeah.[/COLOR]

Posted by Litbut

Love Battle Network 3 and Powered Up.

Posted by coolness432

the original numbered megamans were my favorite series but my favorite game... probably Megaman X.

Posted by MrQuicksilver

[COLOR="Navy"]Legends, by far is the best![/COLOR]

Posted by Creedence

My favorite by far is Megaman X(1). Also i liked Legends (aka Megaman 64) and Megaman 2.

Posted by Red

have you played Megaman Legends 2 yet? or is that what you were refering to when you said megaman 2?

Posted by Creedence

I have played legends 2. It was also good. When I said Megaman 2 I was actualy refering to the one for the Nes.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Megaman X series. 1-3 were the best of them all.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The original series, specifically 1-3 on NES. I can bust through any of those three games with very little effort, and rather quickly. Oh, and Megaman Soccer. Awesomeness.

Honestly, I've never played Battle Network, Zero, or Legends. They just didn't seem that cool compared to the original Blue Bomber. I'm not even sure how Bass and Treble fit into the game.

I mean, in those games, do you even get to do the whole choosing a level, fighting the boss and then gaining his power thing? They kept the concept prettymuch intact for the X series, and added a few cool things (Ride Armor!), but I still prefer the old series.

Serious, those three games (Megaman 1-3 on NES) have some of the coolest music ever composed.

Posted by TMNT Freak

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mega Man II and Mega Man IV were my two favorites... and I guess Mega Man Legends and Mega Man Legends 2 werent too bad... they were different.

Leaf Shield, hell yeah. [/COLOR]

Posted by coolness432

l like megeman X(SNES)
and 2(NES)

Posted by O.T.L

my favorite was the MEGA MAN X i loved the way he slide around and wall jumped... liked getting the upgrades too.... cool bosses cool powers.. I love it !!!!!! its for the super and i still got that ho !

Posted by Roxas23857

I like the Battle Network Series. They were fun.
But Megaman X was awsome!!!

Posted by O.T.L

yeah i played battle network 5.... talk about confusing ????

i needed help every 2 sec....... i beat it .. I like 2 think IM pretty good

Posted by Creedence

I wonder if they are planning on making a X 9, I'd buy it just so I can keep on saying I've played every MMX game. Even that crappy Comand Mission one.

Posted by Phantom75230

i cant decide betweenbattle network and Megaman Zero.
i cant wait for star force

finally, someone else likes the zero series besides me

Posted by Phantom75230

finally, someone else likes the zero series besides me

Posted by megamanzerox2

for me megaman star force

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Megaman 2 and 3, Megaman X4 (the best one in the X series IMO), and Legends/Misadventures of Tron Bonne (which we direly need more of).

I have not tried the newer games (i.e. everything beyond X7) because I was kind of disappointed with X7. Should I?

Posted by MEGA MAN 23

mine is battle network 5. It rocks!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Megaman 3 is my favorite in the classic 6 for NES.

Posted by BlindMind

MegaMan X and X2 stand out as my top choices in terms of comparison, for sure. I've always found the 'X' series to be far more engaging and stylized than the originals, and the gameplay remains quite timeless after nearly fiftteen years; (I still enjoy playing through them today.)

I think the series lost most of it's luster after 2001-2002-- during which the endless spinoffs seemed to mark the unfortunate decline of quality in the games.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I got that feeling too, with the X series. However, the DS games are keeping the game play alive IMO.

Posted by Nessiah

I think mine is Megaman X3-4.
Megaman Zero Series isn't bad at all too.

Too bad I can't remember the name of the old school Megaman Game I had at home, I love the high jump cheat with the player 2 controller and you'll survive the water stages.

I played Megaman Legends, but 3d isn't just for me X_X;

Posted by neo prime

This is a tricky one, so im gonna list a few.
Mega Man 7.
Mega Man X5, Mega Man X: Command Mission
Mega man legends 1&2

I havent played enough of Zero Series or ZX Series to find which is the best in those.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Nessiah: Too bad I can't remember the name of the old school Megaman Game I had at home, I love the high jump cheat with the player 2 controller and you'll survive the water stages.

That would be Mega Man 3, if I'm not mistaken. Hold right on the second controller, right? And that water stage would be Gemini Man?

Posted by neo prime

lets see.... gemini man, his doc bot stage.... and the first Dr. Wily stage if I'm not mistaken. Rush Marine was so awesome. It could even hop on land....ah, the good old days.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Linko_16: That would be Mega Man 3, if I'm not mistaken. Hold right on the second controller, right? And that water stage would be Gemini Man?

But why on Earth would you want to walk through the pits during one of the only two part of the game where Rush Marine can actually be used? Rush Marine is so much fun!

There are also many instances where you can become 'undead' in a sense while in the pits, like in the first pit of Spark Man's level. Just fall down really quickly and when the little plug guy flies over and shoots sparks, you'll 'die' but then you can just jump out of the hole with your life meter totally empty and proceed through the level quite invincible. The only draw back is that you can't fire your regular gun, which you can remedy by simply putting on your Rush Coil and never jumping on Rush when he comes down (since you can shoot your gun while he's down).

Posted by Ashen

I actually really like the Mega Man Zero series, mainly because it has a pretty darn awesome story. Though Wily >>> Wiel. Wait, what am I saying.

Wily > *.

Still, being a native RPG player, I love the amount of storyline that Zero has. I still have yet to actually FIND hard copies of them, though... I have MMZ3 on my computer. Kind of still have to get used to playing it, though. Forgot that dashing allows you to duck.

Though, I love watching the original series on YouTube. And MMX1-3. Some of the later MMX games were... not so cool.

Posted by addison

My faves are the first 2 X games, but as a series I feel old MM is stronger. X had some downs in the form of X5, X6 and X7 while all old MM's are simply good games. I think MM5 and MM6 are slightly weaker than the rest, but not by that much.

Posted by addison

a very interesting game is Gitaroo Man Lives. It's got very unique gameplay, but don't mind the bad dubbing. awesome.....