Underworld

Posted by Raptor

Today, I scooped up the deejaying duo's 'best of' album (Underworld 1992-2002) at Best Buy. It turned out to be the best musical purchase I have made in awhile. I love their progressive techno sound, and this two disc collection includes all my favourite songs: "Dark and Long," "Rez," "Spikee," "Pearl's Girl," "8 Ball," "Two Months Off," and "Push Upstairs." Amazingly, there isn't a song present on this album that I don't enjoy. I was delighted when I discovered that the version of "Pearl's Girl" on this album is twice as long than the one I had already heard. This is the kind of music that is just screaming to be played loud, hard, and long. They deserve more recognition, but of course, they will never whine about it.

CD 1:
1. Bigmouth
2. Dirty
3. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You
4. Rez
5. Spikee
6. Dirty Epic
7. Dark and Long Dark Train

CD 2:
1. Cowgirl
2. Born Slippy Nuxx
3. Pearl's Girl
4. Jumbo
5. Push Upstairs
6. Moaner
7. Shudder/King of Snake
8. 8 Ball
9. Two Months Off

Posted by Corrupt

Hell, there are some songs that even I haven't heard on there. And a longer version of Pearl's Girl? Sounds kicka[b][/b]ss... I'll make sure that we burn a copy for me when you come down here. ;) I already love Underworld's stuff, and I'm sure that this won't disappoint.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Two Months Off was pretty shallow. I guess it would be awesome in a club, but not really sitting at home listening.