DS time.

Posted by junior senior

Okay, I'm rolling in $560 from JUST ONLY my Confirmation. My graduation is in two weeks, so imagine how much money from that I'm going to get.

So, I've decided that I'm going for a Nintendo DS. I like Mario Games, some fighting, and puzzles. Can someone help me out with some titles that I'll probably like? Thanks.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Shake It Brother:
So, I've decided that I'm going for a Nintendo DS. I like Mario Games, some fighting, and puzzles. Can someone help me out with some titles that I'll probably like? Thanks.

What fighting game and what decent puzzler is out? :(

Just get Castlevania, Viewtiful Joe, and other games that come out.

Posted by Shade

GET MARIO 64 DS AND POLARIUM OKAY HI

Posted by junior senior

I'll play Pokemon, racing games, classic games (Pacman, etc...) and like, things like Mario Party.
I know I'll get Yoshi Touch-N-Go.

Posted by Echo

Get Polarium. And later this month Meteos is being released, so get that, too. And Bomberman DS is coming this month, too.

Posted by Mini Rebew

i'd recomend warioware ds, maio 64 ds, retro atari classics, yoshi touch and go

and maybe mr. driller since you like puzzlers

Posted by Klarth

Mario 64 DS, obviously. Afterwards, wait for Nintendogs and Electroplankton. Polarium isn't worth buying, in my opinion.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Mini Rebew: ...retro atari classics...

Are you kidding me? I can't even begin to explain how incredibly lame that game is. It would be a little more worth it if they gave you more games on it. I'm glad I rented that one rather than just buying it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

KIRBY: CURSED CANVAS

It comes out tomorrow and supposedly kicks a large amount of ***.

Posted by Axis

Yes, IGN gave that game a 9.0. I believe the highest rated so far.

Posted by junior senior

I just want to know what the hell Meteos, Electroplankton, Bomberman, Mr. Driller, Warioware, and Castlevania are about.

Posted by nich

meteos is like tetris with missiles, electroplankton is a music making software where you use the stylus to touch and manipulate these...things (plankton?), how could you not know bomberman? anyway your a little dude with a bunch of bombs and you blow enemies up, Mr. Driller you drill down through these bricks (presumably the ground) and collect air and things, Warioware is a bunch of super short microgames utilizing the stylus and mic. Castlevania, another classic you should look into, its a platformer.

Quoted post: I just want to know what the hell Meteos, Electroplankton, Bomberman, Mr. Driller, Warioware, and Castlevania are about.

IGN.

Posted by junior senior

IGN = the suck. I'm never going there again. :(

You know, all of those games I didn't know I am going to get. Thanks! :)

Post more, though. :-*

Quoted post: IGN = the suck. I'm never going there again.

I know where you're coming from, but still, they give pretty good news and have quite a few previews and whatnot. No better place for that kinda stuff IMO.

Posted by junior senior

They banned me when I made one post because my name was "innapropriate."

Oh, I've been hearing Animal Crossing is good, but can someone please sum that up; what it's all about?

Posted by nich

your a little animal in a town inhabited by animals. You just have to live pretty much, do jobs get money. That sorta thing, it's very addictive and there are alot of things in the game that keep you playing.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Kirby Canvas Curse is going to be good (getting it on Monday)
CastleVania is a great Platformer for GBA, Will be great for the DS
If you want fighting, I think there's going to be a Super smash bros. for DS and a game called Guilty Gear.
Need for speed Underground 2 is a fun racer and so will Mario cart DS.
Puzzle... Meteos, Polarium. Nuff' said! (I've always wanted to say that)

Posted by Pit

Quoting NightmareBassX:
If you want fighting, I think there's going to be a Super smash bros. for DS and a game called Guilty Gear.

No. Guilty Gear is Guilty Gear.

Quoted post: No. Guilty Gear is Guilty Gear.

I think he means, SSBDS AND GG.

Posted by Pit

Gotcha, misread it.

Posted by junior senior

Alright. Next time I go to the mall I'm going to buy the DS. Thanks! :)
But I'll only get one game or so, just for now. I'm getting more money from my graduation this week, so that'll all be good.
Still, you can post more games.

Quoted post: But I'll only get one game or so, just for now.

Kirby.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Vampiro: Kirby.

Take Vampiro's advice. Get Kirby: Canvas Curse is one of the best DS games out there. He conveinced me to buy it in the first place : ) Thanks Vampiro

Posted by junior senior

I'm definately getting Polarium, concidering that it'll keep me busy for hours, and I guess Kirby, if someone can describe it for me.

This is a quote from me on 6/20/05

Well I should start out saying Ive been dying for a great game to hold me over until Animal Crossing DS and Nanostray come out for the DS later this year.....KIRBY CANVAS CURSE IS THAT GAME!!!

EDIT: Check this clip out. Its about the game. Just click the link.
http://www.comcast.net/providers/fa...n/fan/games.xml

Here is Nintendo's Review of the game:

Kirby: Canvas Curse delivers classic Kirby action with a fun twist. Using the stylus to control Kirby's movements is surprisingly intuitive, and the new control scheme provides many unique gameplay challenges. The rainbow paths you draw guide Kirby through the game, but they also can protect Kirby from falling icicles, lasers, cannon blasts and other hazards. In addition to drawing paths, the stylus can also be used to stun enemies, destroy barriers, detonate bombs and much more.

Each of the game's seven levels is divided into three stages, and each stage holds three hidden medals. Some are easy to find, while others are either well-hidden or heavily protected. You can also earn medals by completing other tasks in the game. You don't need to find these medals to complete the game, but the medals you recover can be traded in to unlock special features like new ink colors for the paths you draw with the stylus.

Finding all of the medals in the game will be a tough task even for experienced gamers, and a collection of unlockable minigames adds even more replay value to Kirby: Canvas Curse.

I dont know if you all needed to read that....Ill shut up now : D

Quoted post: I'm definately getting Polarium, concidering that it'll keep me busy for hours, and I guess Kirby, if someone can describe it for me.

Polarium isn't really worth it. Nor does it last as long as Kirby potentionally can. If you want a puzzle game, stick with Kirby. It's more fun, there's more to do, it's more unique, et cetera.

Posted by Speedfreak

Dude, Polarium is awesome and half the price of a normal DS game. How isn't it worth it?

Quoted post: Dude, Polarium is awesome and half the price of a normal DS game. How isn't it worth it?

I just didn't find it particularly enjoyable. Especially when you have a budget it's not worth it. It may cost less, but that's because there's less to it. If she can only get one game, it would be smarter to get one that has more to it, one that will last a bit longer, right?

Polarium can be fun, but eh, it feels repetitive.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's a puzzle game, what do you expect? If she likes puzzle games she can't go wrong.

Quoted post: It's a puzzle game, what do you expect? If she likes puzzle games she can't go wrong.

Then get Kirby. It may not be a pure puzzle game, but there's puzzle elements to it, and it's more fun.

Though, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to argue about this...

Posted by junior senior

VRZ...I think I love you.

I have $600 so yeah trust me that's not what one game costs.

I saw a preview of Polarium and it seems really good, and I'll take Speedfreak's word on the games because he's right and sexy.

Trust me...it'll be enjoyable. If I find CD cases enjoyable, then I'll enjoy Polarium.
I'm not going to get Super Mario DS because there's no way in hell I'll ever finish it and I'll just give up.

Quoted post: I'm not going to get Super Mario DS because there's no way in hell I'll ever finish it and I'll just give up.

... it's free.

Posted by junior senior

Yeah I noticed that after I posted.

Posted by Drewboy64

Get meteos. That's a good puzzler.
Mario 64
Warioware touched
Kirby

Posted by junior senior

Is Waroware Touched hard? If it is, there's no way in hell I'm going to finish that game.

Posted by Pit

No. It's just fast paced 5 second mini games. It's just really fun as hell.

Posted by junior senior

Alright, I'll get that, too.
'Cuz yeah you all know that I couldn't get off the first level of Super Mario Sunshine.

Posted by junior senior

Yay I got my DS on Saturday for $135 with Tiger Woods PGA Tour (SUCKS) and Super Mario 64 DS. :-*

I am going to trade in PGA Tour because it just basically blows (IMHO.) I'll get Kirby, Meteos, or Polarium in its place, and I'll buy the other two.

...Maybe WarioWare Touched.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

I'd get Castlevania DS (forgot it's subtitle) when it comes out. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for the GBA was a blast, and I'm sure the DS iteration won't be any worse if not better.

Also, I'd recommend getting the GBA Castlevania games, if you can find them.

Posted by Bebop

I've heard nothing but good things about Nintendogs. Also Kirby is apparntly very good.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: "I've heard nothing but good things about Nintendogs. Also Kirby is apparntly very good."

People are probably only saying that about Kirby because you can lead him to his deserved death in several ways.

I believe there was a VGCats comic about that.

Posted by Echo

Quoting boomstick: People are probably only saying that about Kirby because you can lead him to his deserved death in several ways.

I believe there was a VGCats comic about that.

But Kirby really is a great game.

Quoted post: But Kirby really is a great game.

Quite true.

Posted by junior senior

Nintendogs isn't even out yet, but I'll get that.

But besides Kirby, WarioWare, and Meteos, what else is really good? I have dumbassses saying that the "DS DONT HAV GUD GAMEZ"

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Junior Senior: Nintendogs isn't even out yet, but I'll get that.

But besides Kirby, WarioWare, and Meteos, what else is really good? I have dumbassses saying that the "DS DONT HAV GUD GAMEZ"

heh. the dumassses at my school always say how the DS is kiddy because it doesn't have this extra stuff that the psp does and how all the games are for little kids, like Mario and Yoshi (When Touch and Go was the most recent DS game out). Plus their freaking Xbox and psp fanboys anyways. I always think that I'm the only nintendo person left in my school :(

Posted by junior senior

Oh yeah, I love a huge system made by someone everybody hates.

Posted by verystrait42

GET THE URBZ!!!

Quoted post: GET THE URBZ!!!

Bad game.

Quoting Vampiro: Bad game.

True!

Posted by junior senior

I don't even hear about that anymore. ha.

I got Meteos and I played it for 3 1/2 - 4 hours today at a Baptism party.

Posted by Proto Man

Definately get Mario Kart DS, when it comes out. It's coming out this year. That game is going to be online.

Also, another great game coming out will be The New Super Mario Brothers.

Posted by NightmareBassX

If you like tactics games, I recommend Advance wars : Dual Strike