Battlefield 2

Posted by Axis

Anyone gotten to play the new demo? I just saw it on my desktop from when my brother downloaded and I got a chance to play it. It's ALOT better than 1942. So, what are your thoughts on it?

Posted by Poco

does it have massive slow down like 1942?

Posted by Axis

No. It runs really fast. I had no problems with it.

Posted by KoH

Really great game. I played the demo, but bought the full version of ebay yesterday. Should get it here tomorrow or day after.

The demo though, oh man, it was sooo good.

Posted by thelaststand

i just finished playing a couple rounds, and its a very sweet game. graphics are good, you can choose different specialties, and there are all sorts of vehicles (the air vehicles are kind of confusing to learn to drive). this game takes a decent computer 2 run it though (512mb ram, 128mb graphics card, the game takes up 2.3 gbs), there is a problem i have been having w/ it though sometimes i have to restart my computer for the game 2 run, after i restart it, it runs fine so idk what the deal is, any suggestions?

Posted by KoH

Could be that after a while you have too many processes running in the backround and only after a fresh reboot can you have enough ram to play the game. I take it you have 512 mb? If not, what is it? Just sounds like you run some program that take up too much ram.

Posted by thelaststand

i mean i have a gb of ram and i did try ending all useless processes, but that didnt help

Posted by Rampage

well of course you've gotta have wut the requirements say, if not it wont work.
It seems to be a good game. I want it but I dont have my super computer yet -_-...

Posted by KoH

Quoting thelaststand: i just finished playing a couple rounds, and its a very sweet game. graphics are good, you can choose different specialties, and there are all sorts of vehicles (the air vehicles are kind of confusing to learn to drive). this game takes a decent computer 2 run it though (512mb ram, 128mb graphics card, the game takes up 2.3 gbs), there is a problem i have been having w/ it though sometimes i have to restart my computer for the game 2 run, after i restart it, it runs fine so idk what the deal is, any suggestions?

Go to run and type "msconfig." See if there's anything obviously bad that's booting up.

Quoting Rampage: well of course you've gotta have wut the requirements say, if not it wont work.
It seems to be a good game. I want it but I dont have my super computer yet -_-...

Not necessarily. You can boot games even if you don't meet requirements.

Posted by GreyFox36

Will somebody please tell me what's going on? OK I just bought the game on Tuesday, and I installed it and it didn't work, so then I tryed it on my mom's computer which is really fast, and I downloaded the gamespy arcade thing, I created an account but everytime I go into the arcade thingy and find the server and the game that I want to play in, I double click it and the voice says, Loading game or Starting game or whatever it says, and then the screen comes up that says Battlefield 2, then it pretends to load, then the screen turns all black and then it goes back to the desktop and nothing ever happens? Any suggestions? Did I forget to do something? I thought I was supposed to subscribe or something like that where I pay 7.00$ a month but I didn't know if I was supposed to or not, plus I don't know how. What do I do?