Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory

Posted by Pacifico

I am sort of dissapointed that there remaking an already great movie, but since Johnny Depp has the starring roll of Willy Wonka and Tim Burton is directing it, I am pretty assured that it will not be a dissapointment.

Here's the trailer : http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1808403419&intl=us

Posted by Mystic Hero

Uh, I don't know about anyone else, but I think the movie will be bad. They make make Johnn y Depp look like a women almost and from what I have seen of the movie so far it looks awful. I am mainly a guy that appreciates the classics. When you remake a movie from a classic original, it better be a dam* good remake for me to pay money to go see it and this movie just doesn't look that way to me. Willy Wonka is more of a nut than before and seems to act like an idiot from what I have seen of the film too. It just doesn't appeal to my liking.

Posted by Pit

Don't know what the hell you're talkin bout Mystic, but I like this remake :(

FROM WHAT I SEE, OKAY!?

Posted by Average n00b

Yeah..I'm going to think it's going to suck. I don't see the point in re-makes. It just makes the original look bad...But this...This looks worst it's gone from bad egg, to bad nut.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Average n00b: This looks worst it's gone from bad egg, to bad nut.

I love this sentence.

Posted by Pit

Quoting MetalVox~55: I love this sentence.

You also love not making sense.

Zing!

Posted by junior senior

This will be very bad.

Watch; all of these 16-year old girls with Gucci bags will go see it and then put it in the profiles.

Posted by Axis

Done now about these 3 bad nuts, but, I'm looking forward to this movie. Tim Burton is one my favorite directors.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

But make-up makes Johnny look even hotter. :-*

I actually didn't like the original much. And I'm not exactly looking forward to this remake, either.

Posted by Poco

Tim Burton will turn willa wonka into the hot topic trend of decade.

Posted by El Capitan

Looks creepy, but most of Tim Burton's movies are creepy.

Posted by G-Sides

*Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

From what I've seen, I think this movie will be more accurate on what Road Dahl had really intended since it seems to be a lot darker than the first, and, if any of you have read a few of Dahl's books, Road Dahl was a pretty strange person. :-\

And also from what I've seen, this one seems to center around the events the occured in the book, not the ones from the first Chocolate Factory.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting G-Sides: *Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

From what I've seen, I think this movie will be more accurate on what Road Dahl had really intended since it seems to be a lot darker than the first, and, if any of you have read a few of Dahl's books, Road Dahl was a pretty strange person. :-\

And also from what I've seen, this one seems to center around the events the occured in the book, not the ones from the first Chocolate Factory.

[COLOR=Yellow]Exactly. The movie adaptation of the book was toned down i think in order to appeal to the younger audience they were going for. In order to get a feel of how much darker the actual story of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was, watch the movie again and fast-forward to the scene where they get on the boat for the first time, once the boat starts moving, the movie changes completely from a kids film to a horror film for the next 5 minutes. Suddenly Willy Wonka starts singing a terrifying song ("there's no telling where we are going") and puts on this face that makes him look as if possesed by a demon, while in the background you see horrible images like a chicken getting it's head chopped off and such, but once the boat ride is over the movie goes back to it's PG rating. I imagine the director decided to add a scene like that in the movie to remind and/or please fans of the original darker story.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is simply Tim Burton's take on the story you know and love but with a much darker (and accurate) depiction of the book. If Tim Burton is directing it and Johnny Depp is starring in it i can't not like it, i'ts like if Steven Spielberg was directing a movie and Denzel Washington starred in it, it's a given i'm gonna love it. I don't understand people who get so upset when a remake is announced, whether it's good or bad, it's not like the original is going to vanish from existence, it will always be there.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

How is it a remake? It's based on a book, not a film.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Quoting Mystic Hero: They make make Johnn y Depp look like a women

He did that on himself...

Posted by SuperSoupy

Roald Dahl hated the original film, thats a fact.

If this new film is the remain more true to the story than the original film, then surely that can only be a good thing?

Posted by Arczu

I'm exited about seing the movie. I have not read the book, and I saw the older version. This looks like a movie I can enjoy. Especially since things have changed around quite a bit. Probably including sceenes that weren't there before. The acting seemed to be quite good too according to the trailer.

Posted by Boner

I have not done much reading up about this movie. However, I heard that it wasn't a remake, but a sort of "follow up" of the original. Like I said, it's only what I heard. Anyone care to clear this up for me?

Posted by Shade

See, why can't they make a re-make of Matilda? Because as far as the books go: Matilda > Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Never the less, for the some reason I'm seeing it on opening day. :(

Posted by SuperSoupy

Quoting Shade: See, why can't they make a re-make of Matilda?

Because Matilda is a great film that doesnt need remaking :)

Posted by XxLINKxX

Whats messed up is that there are no more oompa-loompas.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I think it'll be good, better in my opinion. It seems like it's going to be more like the book. Yes, the first was a good movie, but I was not as impressed with it as everyone else.... thats what I get for reading the book first. >_> <_< >_>

Posted by Pacifico

Quoting XxLINKxX: Whats messed up is that there are no more oompa-loompas.

Did you even watch the trailer??

Posted by Shade

I didn't. And if I don't see Oompas...*grr* Then you all better hide for a week or two. :mad:

Posted by G-Sides

There are Oompa Loompas, they're probably just going to look like how they were described/illustrated in the book. I remember when I read the book and saw the illustrations of the Loompas, they looked like little indians.

Posted by Tails

I was thinking on seeing the movie, but once I saw the Oompa-loompas: I quickly changed my mind. They shouldn't have changed them! Now they just look like a bunch of... uh... I don't know, but it's just not right! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is diffenently on the bottem of my "To See..." list just because they changed the Oompa-Loompas for the worst...

Posted by Jordan Asakura

I think it looks pretty good.

Posted by Alaster

i hate willy wonka

Posted by Alaster

well

Posted by Alaster

not that much

Posted by Alaster

the thing i hate is those oompa loompas

Posted by Shin_Akuma

This movie looks like a piece of crap. I'm not going to see it.

Posted by Pacifico

Quoting Shin_Akuma: This movie looks like a piece of crap.

How so??

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Pacifico: How so??

Retarted and not even somewhat funny lines like "durrr don't touch that squirrels nut!". And ****ing Johny Depp...as Willy Wonka...what the hell are they thinking. Also whether or not the oompa loompas in the movie are more like how they are described in the book, i've gotten so used to the other ones that it's just not right. The movie doesnt spark any interest in me...thats pretty much it.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Shin_Akuma: And fu[i]cking Johny Depp...as Willy Wonka...what the hell are they thinking.

This is what really bugged my. I truely think that Gene Wilder would have done a FAR better job, and I'm sure that he is open for work at his current age, but being a big fan of Tim Burton's work, I still have an open mind about the film, and will be seeing it right off.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: This is what really bugged my. I truely think that Gene Wilder would have done a FAR better job, and I'm sure that he is open for work at his current age, but being a big fan of Tim Burton's work, I still have an open mind about the film, and will be seeing it right off.

Yeah, there's a good idea, let's recasr Gene Wilder... in the remake.
I'd rather see a fresh, new cast, instead of the same old actors trying to do the same thing they did forty (or however many) years ago.
Depp is fine for the role. Someone liked Wilder would be to easy to embrace, sure he was wacky, but Depp is supposed to portray a more stand-offish Wonka, instead of a teddy bear like Wilder way.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, there's a good idea, let's recasr Gene Wilder... in the remake.
I'd rather see a fresh, new cast, instead of the same old actors trying to do the same thing they did forty (or however many) years ago.
Depp is fine for the role. Someone liked Wilder would be to easy to embrace, sure he was wacky, but Depp is supposed to portray a more stand-offish Wonka, instead of a teddy bear like Wilder way.

Vampy with the win :link:

Posted by Iris

Johnny Depp has never been so ugly.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Johnny Depp seems like a strange choice for Willy Wonka, but this movie looks pretty good. I'll probably go see it, the original didn't really strike my fancy anyways.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Pacifico

Probably one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen, but I still seemed to enjoy it.