Prince of Persia 3

Posted by omegga

ok, there are loads of rumers floating around about a sequal to Warrior Within, i, myself, would like to see this, anyone else have any thoughts?

Posted by Fiindil

Ubi-soft have destroyed a game i was brought up on.

The Amiga PoP was a good game, a fun platformer that didn't take itself too seriously. Sands of Time...dear god.... what have they done?!

First of all, the guy you control is supposed to be an escaped prisoner from a foreign land (hence the white skin and blonde hair in the first game). Score minus points there.

Then Time Control. The most overpowered ability ever dreamt of, mastery of everything, slow down time, how can you die?

WW is alledegy ( i have no wish to play it) fairly poor, and has boring conversations.

3rd PoP, they're just grinding the series to death for profits, 'tis a sad tale

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The second one has only just come out. I haven't even played the first, although I own it. I tried it out for a few minutes, but didn't find it very captivating. So I'm not even thinking about the third one.

Posted by Burn

I think they should rejuvinate the series with another one. yes, WW was different and probably not as good as SoT but it still has some really good parts. Like the time tricks (I like em), the platforming, and a really good story. I think they need to improve the aura and the fighting mechanics still but that is doable and then they will have a good game on their hands.

Posted by Fiindil

they had a good game on their hands years ago, and :D:D:D:Ded with it to make it what it is today...a horrible bloated feature :D:D:D:Ded mess

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Fiindil: they had a good game on their hands years ago, and :D:D:D:Ded with it to make it what it is today...a horrible bloated feature :D:D:D:Ded mess

[COLOR=Yellow]It's been more than 10 years since the original came out, did you expect the 2004 Prince of Persia comeback to look and play exactly like the original? I liked the original as well, but change is good, and even necessary for some franchises to survive. Ubisoft really did a great job, and managed to translate the game into 3D, you have to hand it to them for bringing the series back to life.

You should be proud that the remake was as succesful as it was, it could have turned out much worse. A lot of the classic game remakes don't turn out as good as PoP, just look at Pacman World (i think that's what it's called. No matter, it's a crappy 3D platformer). Like i said, change is good. Do you really think games like Mario, Zelda, or Metroid would still be around if the developers hadn't taken the risk of going 3D and experimenting with new gameplay elements?[/COLOR]

Posted by Bloodflow

Burn i think u r REALLY stupid! u think that SoT was bttr than WW?!?! I have played both and when SoT came out it was incredible. But compared to WW it's pathetic. It is soooo easy to beet that game. The boss (the vizier) was a freaking joke! Try playin WW on hard and THEN come back and try to talk smack about the game. Freakin amateur...

Posted by Prince_of_Time

I think it would be awsome if they made a 3 game, the second ended at a place where another game could be started. The game play in both games are both awsome. I would like to see how well they can make a third and see what they change and improve on the game, like if they took both the possitive point in SOT and WW, it could be a really great game.

Posted by White2912

new guy so dont think i no everything.lol
the SoT was gd but i do agree the final boss was stupidly easy, even on hard. WW, however, much better (partly cos of the blood n gore feeling of the game!!!). at the moment i doing it on hard n this time tryin to get all 9 life upgrades, cos i dint no that u get a new sword n u get to 2 kill the stupid darhaka thingy.
a couple of problems that i do have with the game is the empress of time. she just 2 stupid 2 b even remotely realistic. the next is the mask of time thingy. that is a waste of time, they shouldn't have done that, something more flowing. it was like " oh now she dead and the sands of time have been created, how can we get round that problem?...i no we'll just make it so he can go bk in time n 2 fix it!!! yea that'll do."

at the end of the cinematic, there was ol babylon on fire and under siege, so if there is gunna b a sequel then it'll prob b a game were u slice'dice'n'maim ur way to reclaim the throne. thats my theory

Posted by ARC

Now that you mention that prince of persia stuff, i've played the first game but im willing to try the second one. and yeah, that would be ausome if there was a third one but i hope that it would have a good story line and good graphics.

Posted by geroro

Well, of corse their will be a seqal!