Final Fantasy VII For The PSP

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

A friend of mine sent me an email which contained these pictures, which you should see before we move on:

The pictures appear to be of a battle scene and of Wall Market.

What he had to say was that it could do with the following statement, from ACNet:

"The latest issue of Dengeki Playstation features an interview with Yoshinori Kitase, director of FFVII and FFVII Tech Demo.
The interview is about a Final Fantasy for PS3, but in response to speculation about it being FFXIII, Kitase gave out a hint that the FFVII tech demo was supervised by him aswell and that the development of the FF for PS3 or another platform is happening via a similar process..."

Because of this, I am lead to believe that the secrect title that is under development is actually a PSP remake of FFVII! Would'nt that be awesome? All that I can think is that the Tech Demo could be the quality of the cut scenes for the PSP version. Although I do hope that there will be a PS3 version available at some point, I still would love a PSP version as well.

Posted by Random

Yeah I heard of them making a few FFVII Games. One a 3rd Person Shooter with Vincent for the PS2, One a snowboarding Game (Like the game in the arcade), and a Prequel I do believe for the PSP. Also they may do a remake of FFVII. Which is all cool and what not. I loved FFVII :)

Th preqel is for PSP and stars Zack. The game is entitled "Crisis Core," and is due out January of next year.

Posted by Klarth

I thought the prequel was for mobile phones?

Whatever. I'm more excited about FFVI on the DS. :)

Quoting Majesty: I thought the prequel was for mobile phones?

No, the cell phone game is "Before Crisis, and stars the Turks

Quoting Majesty: Whatever. I'm more excited about FFVI on the DS. :)

Don't you mean [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/finalfantasyiii/index.html?q=Final+Fantasy+III]Final Fantasy III[/URL] on the DS?

Posted by Klarth

*** ****it, I thought it was the American FFIII that was being ported over. Ah well, it's just as good.

I agree. I've played the japanese version of FFIII, and it seemed slightly boring. But an emulator really cannont compare, imo, to an actual game played on a system.

Posted by Random

I can't wait.. It's Jizzum Goodness...

Posted by El Capitan

Couldn't that have been photoshopped or it is an emulator?

Posted by Vampire Slayer

That PSP Final Fantasy VII looks like it was doctored onto the PSP. But if it is a remake I'm really excited. I also hope that they that the Final Fantasy VII tech demo on the PS3 is really too. That would be cool if they remade it on the PS3 and a portable version that you could take on the road on PSP.

Posted by Klarth

They look like they've come from the same guy who photoshopped those GTA pics. Look at the carpet.

Posted by Chronic

Hey if you look closly to the backround of the first pic you can see the shape of someones head

Posted by Klarth

May your future be filled with incurable genetic diseases, child.

Posted by speedemon35

If they do remake FFVII for the PSP I'm defenitly buying it. The game i always loved the most with now even better graphics. Sounds like a dream come true:D I wonder if they're release the second part of the game like they're doingwith the moive FF7 AC

Posted by Legend Saber

I can't view the second pic, but there are so many things wrong with that first one that it's not even funny.
For one thing, Cloud's casting Bahamut in a location that's about ten hours before you ever touch the Bahamut materia, as you get Bahamut in the Temple of the Ancients, just a few hours before the end of Disc 1. Speaking of which, after you leave the Temple of the Ancients, Aeris leaves your party for good, and yet, in that shot, she seems to be fine and dandy. As well as that, the HP and MP is way unbalanced. 930 HP and 201 MP? I think not. My Level 37 Cloud has about 2000 HP and 241 MP, and he also has no HP or MP Pluses. You could say that the player there simply had a couple MP Pluses on his Cloud, but you don't get those until Cosmo Canyon, and the player in that shot is on the road to Fort Condor, well before Cosmo Canyon.
This actually leads me to believe that it's an official shot from Square, as they would have the power to manipulate just about everything in their game as they saw fit. Either that, or some guy took a shot of Final Fantasy VII, and photoshopped the thing to the nth degree. Either way, if this is true, I'm so getting PSP, lol.

Posted by Chronic

Quoting Majesty: May your future be filled with incurable genetic diseases, child.

My mom says that to me. :(

Posted by speedemon35

Your mom has problems.....I wouldn't allow mine to tell me something like that

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting Legend Saber: I can't view the second pic, but there are so many things wrong with that first one that it's not even funny.
For one thing, Cloud's casting Bahamut in a location that's about ten hours before you ever touch the Bahamut materia, as you get Bahamut in the Temple of the Ancients, just a few hours before the end of Disc 1. Speaking of which, after you leave the Temple of the Ancients, Aeris leaves your party for good, and yet, in that shot, she seems to be fine and dandy. As well as that, the HP and MP is way unbalanced. 930 HP and 201 MP? I think not. My Level 37 Cloud has about 2000 HP and 241 MP, and he also has no HP or MP Pluses. You could say that the player there simply had a couple MP Pluses on his Cloud, but you don't get those until Cosmo Canyon, and the player in that shot is on the road to Fort Condor, well before Cosmo Canyon.
This actually leads me to believe that it's an official shot from Square, as they would have the power to manipulate just about everything in their game as they saw fit. Either that, or some guy took a shot of Final Fantasy VII, and photoshopped the thing to the nth degree. Either way, if this is true, I'm so getting PSP, lol.

Or they just photoshopped a file of Final Fanstay VII that they used a gameshark on. Its wouldn't be that hard if you know how to photoshop.

Posted by vgmaster13

well im a fan of the final fantasy series and i would buy the psp just fot Crisis Core and enjoy it. and i would buy other games too for it such as the new GTA, Hot Shots Golf, and NFSU

Posted by Random

I'd hate to waste $250 on a Console for buying 1 game. Though FFVII is one of the Elite Games of all time. I don't think it's hardly worth purchasing til better releases come out.

Posted by TendoAddict

Now, I dont want to be a nay-sayer, I mean ff7 would be crazy good on the psp.

But I have to doubt the truthfulness of pics of a game with the backround being the living room carpet.

Posted by Klarth

I thought it was gravel... :/

Posted by TendoAddict

nah, if you look closely at the first pic (becuase its brighter) you can tell its carpet because of the patters.

Posted by Tolanya

Quoting Legend Saber: I can't view the second pic, but there are so many things wrong with that first one that it's not even funny.

Holy crap, you're sharp. But as someone else said, it could mean it's a gamesharked up file. Still, if it were real, I'd be really excited.

I wish you had to go through a screening process to join VGC.

Posted by NegativeTrend

That was one skilled DDoS.

Posted by Marluxia

Sry guys, this is really off topic, but i didnt know where else to go. Can anyone tell me if they ever mention marlene being an ancient at the end of FF VII??

Posted by juliebriggs

im pretty sure its photoshopped. i think ive seen those pics on another site

Posted by Stalolin

'eh, not too excited about this if it turns out to be true. Might go for the remake provided Cloud doesn't look like he did on Advent Children, what with him looking way too female and all.

and where the hell is crystal chronicles for the ds. they promised that like, years ago.

Posted by Selkath

I love FF7, i hope it is true. i'll buy a PSP just for that game, and for the Breath of fire 3 Remake as well...

Posted by Pit

Isn't it out as a PSP in japan which came along w ith FFVII Advent Children?

Posted by Lord of Spam

So far the prequel is the only one that sounds interesting, and only that to see how they try to make sense of the idiotic story that ff7 was cursed with.

Posted by Slade

Last Orders was pretty dang good. Ever since I've seen that I've wanted more backstory... but I may have played VII enough times that I'm not too thrilled about the PSP version. If it's released I'll probably get it and beat it outside whilst camping since I've never done that before.

How many times would I have to charge the battery for that..?? lol:(

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Quoting Klarth: I thought the prequel was for mobile phones?

Whatever. I'm more excited about FFVI on the DS. :)

ummm its final fantasy 3 on the ds not VI

Posted by juliebriggs

u realize ff3 and ff6 are the same ****in thing in this country right? squares new marketing plan is to always use the japanese numbers. so ff6 is coming to the DS. sks ff3 in the states

Posted by Klarth

Quoting XxLionheartXx: ummm its final fantasy 3 on the ds not VI

I found this out nearly a year ago. Good thread-reading skills there :)

Posted by Pit

Quoting juliebriggs: u realize ff3 and ff6 are the same ****in thing in this country right? squares new marketing plan is to always use the japanese numbers. so ff6 is coming to the DS. sks ff3 in the states

No. They even said Japanese NES version of FFIII is coming to DS. The never released one.