What ever happened....

Posted by SavingJohnny

What ever happened to the Phantom Game System??
was it a rumor or just delayed

Posted by POKEMANIAC

yea i know i was wondering that myself

Posted by Axis

Well, from what I know, it got cancelled.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

According to their website URL=http://www.phantom.net/investors/news_watch.asp]Source[/URL]
Coming 2005. Phantom Game

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Do you mean this?

If so, it is being released this year.

Posted by Random

Ugh I heard about 3 months ago that it wasn't cancelled, just delayed a while. Chances are it'll fail anyways. It had a long liste of Game Titles and all, but it doesn't have much support from anything. it's honestly a gaming PC more or less. Might as well buy Alienware to be honest.

Posted by powerpuff

Is that the one that was supposed to play games from all the systems?

Posted by Random

Errr no.. There was never to be a console that did that. That will probably never happen unless one company buys the others out. No it's a Gaming Console sort of like a Gaming PC where it allowed you to download the Games off the internet for a monthly fee.

Posted by boomstick

I think the Phantom's actually a good concept, for a decent price, it'd be kinda like gamefly in your own house.

But unless the price is acceptable and not too outragous and the game library is pretty heffy, then it's likely to go bottom up quick.

Posted by Random

Well another problem being that I highly doubt Infinium Labs has money to really mass produce for most people. They could keep it up only for a little bit. They Ran out of money then MS sued them. So they're probably pretty sore in the pocket.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It constantly got bounced around, someone would put a lot of time and energy into it, run out of funding and toss it to someone who could afford it.

Basically, it finally got to someone, completely ran out of funding, and never made it anyone else.

This concept has been around for years, and chances are, Duke Nukem Forever will come out before this.

Posted by Klarth

Duke Nukem Forever? Man, what are you talking about? The new release date is September, it's gonna rule!

cough

Posted by TendoAddict

So the phantom is still alive or is it dead?

I personally think it shouldnt come out for awail. With the gaming market alreadygoing to be stiff as hell with the next gen I just dont think the phantom can survive.

Posted by KoH

Okay, obviously the people who say that the Phantom is a **** idea have no idea of its potential.

As is stated before, it was never cancelled, although it seemed that way due to lack of new information. But if you go to [url="http://www.infiniumlabs.com"]www.infiniumlabs.com[/url] you can see all the good stuff there is about the Phantom.

Now, here's what I see the Phantom as: A nex-gen console with incredible specs that would make an Alienware system **** itself. A nex-gen console with these specs costing only a few hundred dollars, with a spanking case, both of which Alienware and other gaming computer makers would charge over $1,000 for.

Not only does it come with the hard-ware, but the games shouldn't cost as much compared to if you were to physically pick them up at the store. Why? Because, as Boomstick stated, it's like Gamefly. The way it should be is that have an option to either buy a game or rent a certain quota every month. The games you buy can be played whenever you want to, and the games you rent can be traded in for other games. And the best news is: It's instantaneous. Just download the games, what could be better?

So... anyway... yeah... Phantom is good... Yup.

Screw you if you think otherwise.

Posted by Random

I think otherwise. It doesn't sound like that good of idea. I doubt it'll even launch well. It was poorly funded to begin with. It's probably going no where.

Posted by NegativeTrend

I feel sorry for the people who pre-ordered it.

Posted by Random

I don't even know that you can Pre Order those.. Maybe online.. But not in any gaming store.