Of wireless connections, GBA games and the DS, oh my!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I heard today from my friend and game retailer, who says he heard it from Nintendo, that the newer games that support the wireless adaptor - Pok

Posted by Proto Man

This is the first I've ever heard of it... it could be possible though. The DS has two wireless adapters, a Wi-Fi, and Nintendo's Proprietary wireless adapter. There could be a chance that the GBA adapter is compatable with the proprietary adapter in the DS. This is just speculation though, let us know when you find out for sure.

Posted by Speedfreak

It doesn't have wireless "adapters" at all, it uses 2 protocols.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: It doesn't have wireless "adapters" at all, it uses 2 protocols.

Your right, for some reason I was hooked on the word adapter... anyhow do you think what he said is possible or not?

Posted by Speedfreak

Maybe, if the wireless protocol is identical to the one used in GBA wireless adapters. I doubt it though, the DS would most likely have a larger bandwidth to support it's more complex games. Certainly worth a shot.

Posted by wolfmaster

It dosen't work I tried the other day prior to reading this post.

Posted by Shade

Maybe that's why the Wireless Adapter that came with Fire Red/Leaf Green doesn't fit onto the DS. Because there's no need for it.

Posted by Speedfreak

...except there is.

Yeah, this should really be locked - I can confirm that it doesn't work, having annoyed all the nice people in GAME by stealing their DS every Saturday lunchtime, I finally checked it with my Pok

Posted by Speedfreak

Nope, it is. GBA carts can access every feature of the DS.

Posted by Mystic Hero

[QUOTE=Wings]I heard today from my friend and game retailer, who says he heard it from Nintendo, that the newer games that support the wireless adaptor - Pok

Read the rest of the thread. It's not possible with current wireless games, but it may well happen in the future - according to Speedfreak.