Galaxy Angel

Posted by Fate

Any of you guys watch/read this series? I mean, it's not the best show or manga, but it has cute little quirks that mark it as one of my favorites. It's mostly a girly-girl series that is made specifically for thirteen-year-old girls, but I was wondering if any of you collect the series anyways.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

My sister picked it up. It's pretty funny at times, yes. I wish the episodes were longer than 15 minutes, though, and had more substance to them. Either comic substance or storyline depth, whichever. Ranfa is great. Such a melodramatic, tragic heroine. Millefeuille is funny, but they could have explored her remarkable luck a tad more.

Posted by Fate

I also wish the series was a bit longer. I read somewhere that the show served as simple comic relief, not really needing to be serious.

Milfie's luck issues are exploited in the manga. I think in the American version, Ranfa's name is "Ranpha." Her character is much better in the manga, too. The series follows from the anime to the game to the manga.

Posted by Dexter

Fun show. I just watched it with my nieces. I laughed the most with the snake that tied itself into a knot. "Shuffle French Without Dessert" was my favorite episode. Lots of cosplaying and laughs.

I liked the quick, goofy style and unique situations they'd get themselves into. Vanilla was my favorite character, closely followed by Mint Blancmanche (she loves cosplay!). Vanilla reminded me of a mixture of Zooey Deschanel and Silent Bob. Every time she would speak, because it wasn't as often as the others, I would listen avidly.

On the bonus features, there's this concert they show, and the girl with the red glasses was hilarious. I couldn't believe how horrible she sounded. Her movements were awful and just didn't seem to go with the song at all. I actually tried to focus in on the peculiar lyrics but was too distracted by her abysmal performance.

Posted by Fate

My favorite is Forte. bounce bounce bounce

Posted by Xenos

I watched a bit of it ... erm, not really my type of stuff, if you get all get my drift.

Posted by Fate

It's a pretty dumb show, to tell you the truth. I get it because it's a guilty pleasure. I love it so much. <3

Posted by Dexter

It took me sometime to get into it, but by the end of the first disk, I was very interested. I got to know the characters and I looked forward to each coming episode, probably because I liked to see what goofy situation The Angel Brigade would fall into. I find myself enjoying the overly happy petite and perky girl anime. My nieces are here with me now and that makes it even better.

Posted by Arczu

Hmm... I need some more information on this one.

I was assuming this was some Mecha/Dramatic thing, but this threads redefined it. This sounds like something I could enjoy.

Posted by Dexter

Nah, it wasn't so dramatic. I hear the books are more dramatic, or at least more emotional. The series though is really cute, perky, energetic, goofy, fast-paced, and fun. Just a bunch of girls constantly falling into troubles or mortifying situations, such as when Mint Blancmanche was secretly cosplaying in the dark and the duck-helmet she puts on takes away all her hair! She has to find a way to cure herself while keeping her bald head a secret from the rest of the angels.

Posted by Fate

You'll love the second season. There's this robot they keep trying to assemble to save the day and they sing their own theme song.

Posted by Dexter

haha. That sounds rad. I'll line that up for this coming monday. How's the third season? What season's your favorite?

Posted by Dexter

Just watched the 2nd disk. I enjoyed this one more than the first. I'm not sure if it was actually better or if I simply got to know the characters and have grown more attached to them, therefor making it more fun to watch. The episodes expressed their distinctive characteristics well and it was fun seeing how they mixed them all up in goofy, unique ways. My favorite part about the 2nd disk would easily be Mint and her costume disease in the Painful Walnut Pie episode. She's the best of the group, definitely. And I liked it when Vanilla turned into a Viking boy!

I'll be watching the third disk tomorrow night. I have a feeling I'll like that one even more. The more we watch it, the more we seem to enjoy it.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

that show is awsome, I have the first two seasons of the anime on dvd
the manga is more serious than the anime which is a straight comedy, however season two, galaxy angel z, had less comidic sequences, and the story seemed sub-par. The anime foceses on the galaxy angel brigade and their quest for the lost technolgy, which, as luck would have it, nobody knows what it looks like, the manga however focuses on the galaxy angel brigade, however instead of being headed by cournal volcott, is headed by Takuto and is charged with protecting the heir apparent to the transbaal empire, the games however, I have not played, so I cant give you an accuate representation of them, however when the first game comes out I plan on bieing it and then I can and will give you a review of it.

Galaxy Angel AA just started coming out on DVD. Seems like they're leading into the next series with all-new characters a bit. I'll miss you, Millefeuille!

Posted by Fate

Is that the third season? I have the first two but I never saw the third one.

AA would be the fourth season, I believe. There was Galaxy Angel, Galaxy Angel Z, and then Galaxy Angel A, so yeah.

Posted by Fate

I thought A was part of the third season but another A was added mid-season. :(

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Mint<3

Posted by Fate

I'm more of a Forte fan myself. <3

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Mint<3

<3<3