Final Fantasy Unlimited

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Has anyone seen this anime. It is by far my favorite, I own Phase 1,2,7. It has a great story line.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I didn't like it to much. Final Fantasies have much more Intense and deeper storylines.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It has its moments, but overall it was shoddily done. The distinct lack of shading in most episodes makes the characters look flat (except the particularly well-endowed Lisa, of course) and unexciting. The writing and characters were boring except for Kaze and Makenshi's story. The CG was well-done, but clashed rather sharply with the animated majority of the show. The music was great, at least.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I see where you are coming from, they have a lack of consistent animation. The first ep proves it. That mushroom dude (second form) looks like it is from He-Man like animation whilst the Phoniex is CG.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Really? Maybe I should look into it. I've been meaning to, anyhow. How many episodes are there?

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I believe 27 but I could be wrong. Mid-20s

Posted by Legend Saber

There are probably 26, that's the standard anime length.

Anyway, I only saw three episodes of FFU, and all three were pretty subpar. There wasn't anything directly good that I can point out about it, in terms of animation, story, characters, and everything in between, I felt it was simply inferior. Perhaps if I saw the full series, I'd feel a different way, but as it stands, I can't honestly say I feel it's a good series, or even a mediocre one, for that matter.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

We were both wrong, I just went and checked it out. 25. It ends with "Kaze :: The Way of Life". It is truly emotional in end, even if you have only seen the first two discs.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I only own Phase 1, and from what I have seen, it really hasn't impressed me all that much, story wise. I think that if the art was better as well, then my attention could have ben captivated more easily. Good animation, imo, can make up for some mistakes if a show has made them.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Phase 2 explains a lot more. It kind of develops more of the main stories, Kaze/White Cloud/Lisa and Kigen Arts/Cid/Chaos etc.

Posted by vgmaster13

i want to buy it cause final fantasy seires is one of my favorites and i want to know
1-if i can buy it
2-if i can buy it how much is it

Posted by Tinkleheimer

I agree 100% on the shading. Lisa was well figured though

Posted by Marluxia

Sry guys this is really random i know but im trying to find out. Does anyone know if in Final Fantasy VII Marlene is ever mentioned as an ancient?? Me and my friend are trying to find out. Thanks.

Posted by Xenos

That question should belong in RPG boards, but to answer the question, no - Marlene was the gun guy's daughter. In fact, I never heard "Marlene" and "ancient" used in the same sentence throughout the whole game. So there ya' go. :)

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]Its alright, ending suked I think. Good music though, like thats ever a dought for FF.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Leaves alot story to the wind I think, nothing solid.[/COLOR]