RULES - Read 'em or weep!

Posted by Concerto

[COLOR=#33ccff][FONT=comic sans ms]All the usual rules apply, but there are a couple of extras that apply here as well.

Firstly! NO CHARACTER COMPARISON THREADS. i.e., no "Who's better?", "Who's Cooler?", "Who's stronger?" threads. NONE. These will be deleted.

Secondly! Grammar and punctuation is your FRIEND. Use 'em. [COLOR=white]<-- Not absolutely necessary, but please, try to type well.[/COLOR]

Thirdly! USE THE STICKIES! Please. They're NOT that hard to miss. -.-

Fourthly! If you have any issues with anything here in the MegaMan forum, please feel free to PM Stalolin.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

I was just coming here to remake all these stickies. You're a peach, Zerostar. ^^;

Posted by the megaman chat

if u like megaman then go to the site http://themmmc.suddenlaunch3.com/ we need members!!!

Posted by punkonjunk1024

I hope this is allowed here, I made a thread about a Mega Man (MM) like game I made up its bosses are MMX (Mega Man X) however.

Posted by Linko_16

Threads regarding personal affairs are generally not allowed, but I'm sure yours will be okay since we've had zero traffic in the Mega Man forum anyway.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Linko_16: Threads regarding personal affairs are generally not allowed, but I'm sure yours will be okay since we've had zero traffic in the Mega Man forum anyway.

:(

Posted by Red

when I was here before we were never allowed character comparisons I thought by now that might change :( I never understood why we were'nt allowed though?? also weren't you or Zerostar the Mod of this Board? I forget.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]when I was here before we were never allowed character comparisons I thought by now that might change :( I never understood why we were'nt allowed though??

Because they generally degenerate into little kids screaming at each other because one thinks that Protoman.exe is cooler than Zero.

Posted by Red

ah, I see nevermind then. I will however have a few problems with the punctuation thing. I almost get banned for that:(

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]ah, I see nevermind then. I will however have a few problems with the punctuation thing. I almost get banned for that:(

Don't worry about that man, your posts are easy enough to read, that's good enough for me.

And I should probably lock this and say that you should PM me, but that discourages forum wide discussion of the rules, and I want that to stay.

Posted by Red

Quoting Stalolin:

And I should probably lock this and say that you should PM me, but that discourages forum wide discussion of the rules, and I want that to stay.

cool so then, I have a question, would it be alright to make a Megaman general thread, because theres only a help thread. I just think it would be cool to just start some conversation and see what people have to say about the blue bomber haha

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]cool so then, I have a question, would it be alright to make a Megaman general thread, because theres only a help thread. I just think it would be cool to just start some conversation and see what people have to say about the blue bomber haha

Honestly, I don't want it to be just a general topic. I know I've been lenient, but that's just an invitation for others to spam. If you can find a way to narrow it down a bit then let me know and maybe I'll approve it.

Posted by CS Ryan

There's already stuff like that for each series of the games. I see no need for another one.

Here's a question for you. Can you get rid of the threads on this board that are already closed. I see it all as wasted space.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=somewhat117]There's already stuff like that for each series of the games. I see no need for another one.

Here's a question for you. Can you get rid of the threads on this board that are already closed. I see it all as wasted space.

I've honestly got no problem with them, they can be useful as references about what people shouldn't do in certain cases. And I know there are people out there who will wonder 'why was this thread locked?' and click on it, see the reason, and then leave with a greater comprehension of the rules.

Did you want the Canadian Battle Tournament deleted or something?

Posted by Red

Quoting Stalolin: Honestly, I don't want it to be just a general topic. I know I've been lenient, but that's just an invitation for others to spam. If you can find a way to narrow it down a bit then let me know and maybe I'll approve it.

You've got a good point there. meh forget it, it was a pretty dumb idea

Posted by CS Ryan

Quoting Mr.Red: You've got a good point there. meh forget it, it was a pretty dumb idea

It was a good idea to try anyway.

And yes Stalolin, that includes my closed tournament thread.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=somewhat117]It was a good idea to try anyway.

And yes Stalolin, that includes my closed tournament thread.

Right then, two choices from there, want them permanetely gone? Or leave them like they are now (or should be in a couple of seconds)?

Posted by Zeta

[quote]And I should probably lock this and say that you should PM me, but that discourages forum wide discussion of the rules, and I want that to stay.
Well, that explains what I was about to ask.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]Well, that explains what I was about to ask.

Yeah, 'tis much better open.

If someone wants to bring up a new policy or concern, then I figure it's better that the community gets some notice and input about it.

Posted by Red

I really like the megaman forums for this, other places dont feel this welcoming or community envolved, or at least to me they don't.

Posted by CS Ryan

Permanent. Same with all the other closed threads. Takes up space on my monitor.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]I really like the megaman forums for this, other places dont feel this welcoming or community envolved, or at least to me they don't.

I see it as my job, the site itself is a community, figure I should do what the community wishes.

[quote=somewhat117]Permanent. Same with all the other closed threads. Takes up space on my monitor.

Done. (`-')b

Posted by CS Ryan

Thank you. It must be great to be a moderator.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=somewhat117]Thank you. It must be great to be a moderator.

Depends on the board and depends on who visits it.

The Megaman board is okay to moderate, it's got fairly low traffic and most of the posters know what they need to be doing.

Posted by Red

I like the posters here everyone seems to get along ITS A VERY HAPPY PLACE
how did you get picked to be a mod?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]I like the posters here everyone seems to get along ITS A VERY HAPPY PLACE
how did you get picked to be a mod?

Posted here a bunch, gained respect, mods voted me in.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stalolin: Posted here a bunch, gained respect, mods voted me in.

Oh, THAT'S what I'm doing wrong!
*Smacks forehead*

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta: Oh, THAT'S what I'm doing wrong!
*Smacks forehead*

don't worry Zeta I'm sure your day will come sooner or later.

Posted by Zeta

You know there's a birthday thread in the Community Board for you, right?

Posted by Red

WOO HOO SOMEONE NOTICED :D

Posted by Red

sorry for the bad post, but now I have a question that may be more ON topic, is there someway to get rid of the box for when u delete a post it sometimes gets annoying.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]sorry for the bad post, but now I have a question that may be more ON topic, is there someway to get rid of the box for when u delete a post it sometimes gets annoying.

You mean, like, remove the whole post itself?

Only moderators can do that, you pretty much have to live with the thing.

Posted by Red

ah I see cool. also would it be alright to start a charcter comparrison thread just once, I mean I know its against the rules but with Mods permission it would be alright right? as long as things don't get out of control.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]ah I see cool. also would it be alright to start a charcter comparrison thread just once, I mean I know its against the rules but with Mods permission it would be alright right? as long as things don't get out of control.

Sure, the rule was made when there was a lot more activity here and the Battle Network series was at a peak in popularity. People made loads of "PROTOMAN.EXE VS. *insert other character here*.exe" threads.

So yeah, go ahead and try one.

Posted by CS Ryan

I'll support it.

Posted by Zeta

Just don't degenerate into little kids screaming at each other because one thinks that Protoman.exe is cooler than Zero. =P

Posted by Red

haha alright then let's see now whos a popular character everyone seems to be having fights over?...alright I've got it let's see if we can settle this long argument finally without the crying and child like stuff.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]For the KH fans & posters.

This is NOT the KH board, so do NOT spam off topic [COLOR="Black"]sh[/COLOR]it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="1"][spoiler]i get ****ed off easily =([/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Phantasmarx][COLOR=Black]For the KH fans & posters.

This is NOT the KH board, so do NOT spam off topic [COLOR=Black]sh[/COLOR]it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Black][SIZE=1][spoiler]i get ****ed off easily =([/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR]
I WILL WORK TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. As I've noticed a few out of place posts in the BN 6 thread. thx though

edit: oh wait, and stuff every where else too. =(

Posted by totAcatly

So heres the tally so far gang...

The section has been open again for about 24 hours now and Ive already wiped out 3 posts about... you guessed it... buying pieces as kits.

Do me a favor please... if you dont want to read the rules... dont post in this section. Apparently a few days off from this section wasnt enough to have this warning sink in.