I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

Posted by Ch

What are some songs that leaves you humming or whistling them alllllll day long? Please, share your thoughts.

Mine have to be
Crosstown Traffic- Jimi Hendrix
Lowrider- War
Jumping Jack Flash- The Rolling Stones.

Posted by Dexter

"Homage [Magni Nominis Umbra]" by Hollenthon.
"Dark Whispers" by Silentium.
"Holland, 1945" by Neutral Milk Hotel.
"Jason Lee" by All Girl Summer Fun Band.
"One Rode to Asa Bay" by Bathory.

Those are just a few that have been stuck in my head lately.

Posted by Klarth

Iced Earth - "Dracula"
Estatic Fear - "Chapter V"
Supreme Beings of Leisure - "Under the Gun"
Sonata Arctica - "The Cage"
...And the Teletubbies theme. =D

Posted by Fiindil

Sonata Arctica- Don't Say a Word

The Cage is also **** catchy

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I saw some Barbie commercial on TV, didn't know it was stuck in my head until someone said "wft" when I was midlessly singing it.

Posted by Klarth

Add Bathory's "The Land" to my list.

Posted by Gollum

One Road to Asa Bay by Bathory
The Wreckage of my Flesh by My Dying Bride
Skeksis by Strapping Young Lad
Daylight Misery by Draconian

Posted by Axis

One
Orion
Banana Phone *shrugs*
Trapped Under Ice
2 Minutes To Midnight
Aces High
Creeping Death

Those are just a few.

Posted by Caryatid

"Toxicity" by System of a Down
"The Ham-Lemur-Bot Song" by noone of consequence(made up by crazed friends during lunch)
"Chapter Four" by Avenged Sevenfold
"Love is a Place" by Metric
"Eye" by Smashing Pumpkins

Posted by Dandelion

I always get choir music stuck in my head...like Dirait-on, or Death, or weird crap. That or band music..Loch Lomond, The Light Eternal.

Posted by D.J Cat

In no particular order...

Borange Submarine by Excuse-Me-Keith (http://www.rossandterri.com/audio/borangesongs/borange_submarine.mp3)

anything by the Whitestripes.

C'mon Aussie C'mon by Shannon Noll :)

random things from video game, usually the ones I've been playing recentley

random things from the radio...
at the moment:
DJ's got a gun (something like that...thats how it goes at least) by Robots in Disgiuse
2000 Places by the Polyphonic Spree

If anyone can read that, then good for them...or not...i'll shut up now.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I have no idea how anyone can get metal music stuck in their head. 99% of it is near impossible to sing, so I never get it stuck in my head

Posted by Boner

Quoting Abraxas: Iced Earth - "Dracula"

If I hadn't recently given you some rep, I would give you more for this.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Mushroom, Mushroom!

Posted by Fiindil

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I have no idea how anyone can get metal music stuck in their head. 99% of it is near impossible to sing, so I never get it stuck in my head

how so? most melodic metal is very easily singable, so is glam metal, as well as most classic metal, and bands like Opeth are very easy to sing along to as well.

so, how that's 99%...

Posted by Xero

Different songs from commercials and linkin park. You know, when you have a new CD, you listen to it and you like a song and you listen to it like 5 times in a row, when I close it, I start singing it into my head all day... :devil:

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I have no idea how anyone can get metal music stuck in their head. 99% of it is near impossible to sing, so I never get it stuck in my head

That's interesting. I find that I have metal music stuck in my head more than anything else. While on my forests adventures, it seems like I usually have some sort of metal song going through my mind. It won't necessarily be the singing that is running through my mind, but the instruments.

And I don't find it too difficult to sing. When I have something stuck in my head, it doesn't really mean that I am singing it out loudly, so I don't understand how that matters much. When I do sing it, I might just sing it quietly, without the death-metal vocals.

Posted by ZEN

Some songs that have recently taken over my sanity...

"Infected" - Bad Religion
"Orestes" - A Perfect Circle
"Shake Hands With Beef" - Primus
"Starmaps Of The Ancient Cosmographers" - Bal-Sagoth
"When The Heart Rules The Mind" - GTR
"Over The Hills And Far Away" - Gary Moore

To name a few.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Pure Evil by Iced Earth.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Funntroll: Pure Evil by Iced Earth.

Nah, not catchy enough.

Good riffage though. One of Schaffers more "imaginative" songs

I could never understand how people can have more than one song stuck in their heads.

Anywho, the song I have stuck in my head is the one that goes "You can always get what you want" or something like that.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I could never understand how people can have more than one song stuck in their heads.

Sometimes, especially when songs have similar elements, I'll get them mixed up or I'll flow from one tune into another and swing from each.

Quoted post: Sometimes, especially when songs have similar elements, I'll get them mixed up or I'll flow from one tune into another and swing from each.

Ah, good point. That's happened to me many times. I just figured people meant each song as a whole.

Posted by Captain Kais

I always seem to get Baby got Back by MC Hammer or Satisfaction by Benni Benassi stuck in my head.

Posted by TheSecondComing

I've actually had 'No Fun' by the Stooges stuck in my head for weeks now.

'No fun... my babe... no fun...'

Posted by Richaod

Honor Thy Father - Dream Theater
Benighted - Opeth
Bike - Pink Floyd

And the dodgy ones...

Lala - Ashlee Simpson
Karma - Alicia Keys
I Like To Take My Shirt Off Too Much - Usher
I Have A Lot Of Money And Pretend Not To In A Weirdly Phrased Way - Gwen Stefani

I think the last two do exist, in essence.

Posted by William

"Aenima" - Tool

"Dracula" - Iced Earth

"The Number of the Beast" - Iron Maiden/Opeth/Dream Theater/Iced Earth (yes they all did it, although Iron Maiden was the original :p)

Those are the songs that's been getting stuck in my head most recently.

Posted by cheese_muncher

Crossroads - Cream
little wing - jimi hendrix
i find them the most catchy tunes i've ever heard

Posted by Boner

[URL=http://db.playego.com.br/orafiles/01122005120941567g.swf]http://db.playego.com.br/orafiles/01122005120941567g.swf[/URL]

This is now the song that is stuck in my head.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i've had "six months in a leaky boat" by split enz stuck in my head for a few days.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Dragostea Din Tei - Ozone
Runaway - Del Shannon
I Think We're Alone Now - Tommy James and the Shondels
Jam On It - Newcleus
Space is the Place - Newcleus
Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

And, of course, old school funk music. The Gap Band, anybody?:p

Posted by Hyper

I had Slim Shady stuck in my head today because some wannabe gangsta was singing it :(

Posted by Mixhael

Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus

Bazowwwww Bagizzard! La-zig-a-di-tee. sorry

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Raimundos - Deixa Eu Falar
Falkenbach - When Gjallarhorn Will Sound (one day I whistled this at work for about 3 hours straight)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Falkenbach - When Gjallarhorn Will Sound (one day I whistled this at work for about 3 hours straight)

I get that song stuck in my head so often. The only cleanly done part that I know by heart is the "morning arose that day long time gone" and then I whistle the rest. I feel your pain bro :(

I have a Good Charlotte song stuck in my head... and this makes me hate life. I walked into a store and they were playing some song by them that was popular there for a while. I have no idea what the name of the song is, and I don't care, but I hate it in all its catchy glory.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Skitzo Control: Dragostea Din Tei - Ozone

Ahaha... sent eu, un haiduc. :P At one point I had practically everyone I knew hooked on that song... I still have like six different remixes of it. And yeah, it is catchy as hell.

As for me, "Don't Let the Man Get You Down" by Fatboy Slim and "Ignition Sequence Start" by System F constantly get stuck in my head. There are a lot of other songs that do the same thing, as well.

Posted by The Punisher

Dimmu Borgir-Prodigies of The Great Appoclapyse
Slayer-Reing In Blood
Mario Brothers Theme.

Posted by Killer Jordo

for me today i got Cant touch this the family guy version stuck in my head. Great song, chatchy, gets stuck in your head.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

The chorus to Blood Of Heroes by Megadeth.....Bloooood Of Herrrrroes, they never die!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

opeth, I saw Iced Earth in concert 2 years ago. Give me rep, bihatch

currently stuck in my head is "ode to joy". . . ugh

Posted by Poco

Dragostea Din Tei - Ozone
Sealab 2021 Theme
Fascination-Human league
5/4-Gorillaz

That's it for right now.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Stuck In My Head: The retarted song "1985" GOD, I hate it, and the worst part of it is that it's so **** catchy.

Posted by DeathScape

I don't know why, but Give Me Novacane, by Green Day.

Posted by Richaod

Iron Man - Black Sabbath
The Scorpion - Megadeth
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
School of Rock (entirely my own fault, but I'm not complaining)

Posted by Ch

I've got Tequila by The Champs stuck in my head now....

Posted by Raptor

[url=http://www.e-trinity.org/mp3/rex_%20navarrete_-_lets_party_like_its_1904_(etrinity_remix).mp3]Party Like it's 1904[/url] by [url=http://www.rexnavarrete.com/]Rex Navarrete[/url]. Not only do I find it highly amusing, it is also incredibly catchy, and perhaps even somewhat addicting.

Posted by thug2777

American Idiot=green day

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting thug2777: American Idiot=green day

So... unique.

As for me, I've been having quite a hard time getting "Torn" by Gary Numan out of my head for the past two days or so. It's just so bada[b][/b]ss, yet incredibly catchy at the same time. Love it.

Posted by Trigger

Puke by Eminem
Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue
Day Three: Pain by Ayreon
Two Minutes to Midnight by Iron Maiden
Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles

I blame Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for the last two tracks.

Posted by Ch

I'm trying to get these songs out of my head:
"Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players
"Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder
"Eggplant" by Michael Franks
"The Blessed Hellride" by Black Label Society
"One Toke Over The Line" by The Grateful Dead

Posted by rivercitytecmo

"today your heart, tomorrow the world", "judy is a punk" and "chainsaw" by the ramones.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

how do you people have multiple songs playing in your head at once??

I have the Harlem Globetrotters theme stuck in my head (the whistling song)

Posted by Richaod

Damage, Inc. - Dream Theater

You wouldn't believe this is the kind of song that you could get into your head, but it happened. And yes, Dream Theater did cover the whole Master Of Puppets album.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz]how do you people have multiple songs playing in your head at once??
I don't have all these songs 'playing' at the same time in my head but often they will change during the day. In the morning I may have Two Minutes To Midnight in my head, then later on in the day it may be Video Killed The Radio Star.

Posted by mis0

"Grand Illusion" by Styx... g0d, for TWO DAYS. PLEASE KILL ME.

Posted by Corrupt

I can actually have more than one song playing in my head at the same time. Or rather, various parts from two or three different songs playing in my head simultaneously. I kind of combine them into one little weird song mix, often containing songs from completely different genres. It can be amusing.

Right now I've had "Mr. Roboto" by Boole stuck in my head for quite a while... three days, to be precise. It's the industrial remix of the original, just in case anyone was wondering. It's so catchy that it's not even funny...

Posted by MetalVox~55

I've had Paradigm Shift in my mind as of late.

Posted by Richaod

Reise, Reise - Rammstein

I love how the vocalist trills teh German "r"s and stuff. It's fun.

Posted by Gollum

Skeksis by Strapping Young Lad. I was trying to concentrate on writing a French quiz today but it was difficult with this song in my head.

Posted by Corrupt

I've had "Under the Blue" by Tomcraft stuck in my head all day.

And today I learned from my English teacher that there is a word that describes combining layers of different things (i.e. songs in this case) into one fluid mix.

So, yeah... sometimes I get an amalgam of different layers of different songs stuck inside my head. Knowledge is power, baby.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Richaod]And yes, Dream Theater did cover the whole Master Of Puppets album.

we know. We have done for several months now. You can stop living beneath your rock.

Liquid Tension Experiment - Paradigm Shift. Very fast, very irritating to hear someone whistling it, very... Unique. Universal Mind's not bad either.

Posted by Ch

Down On The Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Posted by Al Borland

Lately I've had a lot of different songs stuck in my head.
Nothin But a G Thang
Hulk Hogan's Old Theme Song
And of course, there is always some Herbie Hancock going on in my head. I'm usually whistleing the tune to Watermelon Man.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Majesty: we know. We have done for several months now. You can stop living beneath your rock.

****, i've known for months and i don't even like dream theater (and haven't since '98).

Posted by CRAZY HANDS

the seasame theme song. also the song that elmo sings when he is in the crayonn world.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Genocide, by the Offspring

HOPE YOU LIKE MY GENOCIDE

Posted by brownoystercult

RAPPERS DELIGHT BY SUGARHILLGANG

Posted by Mixhael

Nena - "99 Red Balloons" ; Prince - "Raspberry Beret"

Someday a Rapper will cover both of those songs, do a good job, and I'll be in heaven.

Posted by Ch

I've had the chorus to Some Kind Of Wonderful by Grand Funk Railroad stuck in my head for two days now...

Posted by Caryatid

That song that they play in the Six Flags commercial...

Posted by The Judge

Gay Bar by Electric 6.

Posted by Porcupine

Mother Russia by Iron Maiden. :)

Posted by Ch

Green River by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Posted by Euthanasia

It's true....I think commercial jingles get stuck in my head most often. People get paid to do this to people....O.o

Posted by The_Thing

Hmm... I've been whistling Banana Phone for a while now.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Banana phone
Banana phoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've got this feeling
It's so appealing
For us to get together and sing
SING!
Banana phone! (burn!)
Din

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz