Chrono Cross..

Posted by crimsoncinder

I currently started to replay it. It's always one of my favourite games. But I want to know, what do other people think of it? (I'm sure a lot of people will say, CT is WAY better than CC, but let's go on about, CC and NOT CT.) And who's your faveourite character from the game?
Mine would be Karsh, Serge or Grobyc

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Moved to RPG's.

I personally love Chrono Cross. There aren't many fans here, but I really enjoyed it. The music is so wonderful (opening scene, Times' Scars...how could you not love it). The soundtrack is one of my all time favourites from any video game I've ever played. The storyline is interesting, and I like the graphics. The only thing I dislike is how Serge doesn't ever speak. I haven't played this game for years...I think I may re-play it sometime soon. Anyways, some of my favourite characters are Kid, Karshe, Solt and Peppor.

Posted by crimsoncinder

Yeah, the no-talking Serge is kinda annoying sometimes.

Posted by Sean Fury

I generally like the none-speaking main characters, it gives them more mystery and makes the game feel more like you are the main character: games like Fable and Knights of the Old Republic for example.

But anywho, I've always liked Chrono Cross, it was another one of those RPGs I got into when I first started gaming, so it'll always be a favorite of mine. Although fun and an interesting style, I thought the Element system was a bit lackluster, but the weapons system could not of been better. The graphics were good, especially for a PS game, and though they did rather...fall short...with their attempt to combine Sci-Fi and, what would you call it? Fantasy-realm, I guess? Whatever, trying to combine those too together, but it did mesh together nicely, but it took a bit of getting used to (like those movies on the Sci-Fi channel). I loved most of the characters, but Harle and Glenn were always my favorites, I personally loved Lynx too for some reason. The music wasn't the best RPG music ever, but I think it was still pretty **** good, and I loved the replay value of this game, and all the secrets you could unlock. Very nice.

Posted by crimsoncinder

What I did really like about the game was how they took our histoy and put it into the storyline. Example: The Reptites (dinosaurs) where around for millions of years, then the comet (Lavos) wiped them out. Not a huge part of the storyline, but interesting. If you don't know where they talk about it, it's when you turn back to Serge from being Lynx. And I did like the way they used Time as such a big part of the storyline.

Also, the weapons, I found, where very well done. Some of the coolest were the Spectral/Prism weapons.

And I personally liked the element system. It was easy and rather effective to use. I just wish you could use them more than once a battle.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, it is interesting, and I, too, really enjoy the element system. Challenging, yet fun.

And whenever a game incorporates time travel, I'm bound to be interested.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

I like the game I Like the unique battle system and all the characters I get to choose from.For a playstation game it had good graphics. Too bad when I try to play it. it has to freeze due to to many scratches :(

Posted by Xenos

I like the sound track--it is AMAZING to me. Though there are not that many special songs, like games that have all mediocre songs and one amazing tune, Chrono Cross's songs are all high quality. As for the game itself... eh.

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Chrono Cross has to be the game that catched my attention for the longest time (I beat it like 60 times if not more and still play it),I liked basically everything,first of all the music of Chrono Cross is the best G0d **** music I ever heard in a game,the quality,the tunes,so melodic and it blends so well with the game,BEAUTIFUL,it's that kinda game music that makes you stand like an idiot in one place just to listen to it,Yasunori Mitsuda became my favorite composer,I basically like 95% percent of the songs,that's amazing,anyways.

Graphics were superb for a PSOne game,I can say that with total security,they were beautiful and natural,and the poligons were,if I may say so,worked to it's max for a PSOne game,pretty impressing.

The story was good too,some people would say the story is "weak",but IMO it blends pretty well with its prequel.CC's story may be confusing if you haven't played CT first,in fact you cannot enjoy the story fully just by playing CC,so I guess you played CT and then CC and still think the story is weak,then it's ok,but I think if you played CC only,you should play CT first and then give yer veredict.I also liked how they used the reptiles and humans,story,it makes sense too,that part could be real,if you think deeply about it like I have.

The fun factor,is out of the question it was SO Fun IMO,I found it so fun to play that I haven't stopped playing it in 5 years,and it's still just as fun,heh heh.

In short,Chrono Cross is a piece of art in everyway,honestly,no game to date has impressed me as much.

Posted by Arczu

I have to say, though, there were A LOT of characters to get in that game. I had like... 28 people to choose from into my party, and there were many more.

One thing that I wished was done better were double techs. There was only a few in the game. Ther should have been HUNDREDS considering how many characters there were, but I suppose that would have been a bit too complex, different animations each time.

This game is fun. when you get the hang of it, you really learn where to place elements and mix up your strategies.