MAYBE YOU PEOPLE FORGOT THE RULES.

Posted by Speedfreak

GOLDEN RULE: IT HAS TO BE FUNNY. I AM THE JUDGE OF FUNNY.

SECONDARY RULE: DO NOT DIVULGE PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONVERSATIONS.

TERTIARY RULE: IF YOU WANT ME TO TAKE DOWN A CONVO BECAUSE IT HAS PERSONAL INFORMATIOM ABOUT YOU IN IT, PM ME.

By the way, Soul might have left, but the Speed and Soul Chronicles WILL return!

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Speedfreak: GOLDEN RULE: IT HAS TO BE FUNNY. I AM THE JUDGE OF FUNNY.

[quote=Speedfreak]ZterlingZen: hi
AdTheLad998: WHO ARE YOU?
AdTheLad998: YOU HAVE 3 MESSAGES
ZterlingZen: who are you
AdTheLad998: NOW 2
ZterlingZen: i just saw your name in kodachi's sig
AdTheLad998: NOW 1
ZterlingZen: i'm from VGC
ZterlingZen: ok
AdTheLad998: THAT'S MINUS ONE, GOODBYE

So this is funny, because I don't see it.
And further, I don't see why this place should be limited to chats which are funny. Casual chats shouldn't be included in here, but perhaps serious discussions?

Posted by Last Fog

Now, now. Don't insult Speedfreak's logic. This is his board, he shall run it as he wants.

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Last Fog: Now, now. Don't insult Speedfreak's logic. This is his board, he shall run it as he wants.

He's not a good mod in my opinion. This board should be for more than one person's opinion of funny or not funny, not the mod's. Otherwise it seems like he's ruling with an iron fist.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Stalolin: He's not a good mod in my opinion. This board should be for more than one person's opinion of funny or not funny, not the mod's. Otherwise it seems like he's ruling with an iron fist.

Exactly....

Posted by Dexter

Humor is different where he comes from. He doesn't allow my funny conversations. :(

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Dexter: Humor is different where he comes from. He doesn't allow my funny conversations. :(

That's what I mean, he's too selective. Sure, it's his board, but if he's going to be this picky, it should be a weblog again. A moderator's job is to clean up trash left behind and to enforce rules, and the rules should be reasonable. Not something that you have to know Speedfreak to be able to post.

Posted by Kodachi

I thought his conversation was funny.

Posted by Trigger

That's Speedfreak for you, he's been this way for ages and it won't be changing any time soon. I didn't see what was so funny in that quote of Speedfreak's conversation either but since he posted it and he said it, he thinks it's hilarious. Learn to live with it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The conversations that he deleted weren't funny, but nor are his own. Or at least, that particular one. No, he isn't a good mod, but neither is Jesse a decent admin. So what are you going to do.

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Trigger: Learn to live with it.

I'd rather not. It seems to me as if this is Speedfreak's personal little "blog" like board. The first rule doesn't benefit VGC, the other two are agreeable, however the first one makes me think Speedy is more like a dictator here. A mod shouldn't rein over a board completely, VGC isn't a totalitarianism. There are freedoms, and Speedy's just taking away from them.

[quote=Angelwing]The conversations that he deleted weren't funny, but nor are his own. Or at least, that particular one. No, he isn't a good mod, but neither is Jesse a decent admin. So what are you going to do.

Humor is opinionative, and sure you're going to find things that are and aren't funny. Speed's just inforcing his own opinions onto ours. I can't say I like that, I believe this board should be open to different forms of humor.

As for Jesse, he really isn't a good admin, however it's the mods and super mods that seem to be doing most to keeping this board out of chaos, so Jesse doesn't matter all that much, he keeps the site going, but the number of mods and super mods outweigh him, so they do more.

And what am I going to do? There isn't much I can do. I can speak my opinion, and that's it, I have little power when it comes to this forum, or VGC as a whole.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

What you say is true. I wasn't directing that 'So what are you going to do' comment at you...I realize that Speedy is abusing his powers, and we could always bring it up somewhere. But I doubt Jesse would do anything about it unless he were endlessly pestered.

Posted by Hyper

hahaha you're not funny speedfreak :(

We should get a co-mod for this board to balance it out a little.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Hyper: hahaha you're not funny speedfreak :(

We should get a co-mod for this board to balance it out a little.

Are you volunteering? And no I am not, besideswhich, you don't like my IM Policies. :(

As for you Speedy, rules like that get you nowhere, I am sorry to tell you. Sure it has to be funny, but you aren't the almighty funny god either. As long as you take out the stupid stuff, things should be fine.

And you call me a Nazi, Hyper...

Posted by Hyper

No, I'm not volunteering. I just don't like the fact that someone so one-sided is modding the place.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I also thought speeds convo was funny.

Posted by sabre

I think he's just stating in an amusing way that they'd have to have some comical value. There's a difference between finding something amusing, and not finding it funny but being able to see why some people would. Not to speak for speedy as such, but I think he's more referring to the latter.

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Sabredog]Comedy still changes with the person who views it. Therefore comical value cannot be set to one thing. Comical value that only exists to him and perhaps some of you, however, the comical value changes with others, maybe as myself.

The thing I quoted from him is being found as both funny and unfunny from users here.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Stalolin]I'd rather not. It seems to me as if this is Speedfreak's personal little "blog" like board. The first rule doesn't benefit VGC, the other two are agreeable, however the first one makes me think Speedy is more like a dictator here. A mod shouldn't rein over a board completely, VGC isn't a totalitarianism. There are freedoms, and Speedy's just taking away from them.
Well, it was a blog to begin with and it was his blog, then the moderators decided to move it to the main page, along with Skitzo Control's flame board. That is how both of them became moderators of a board, rather than a blog. I don't agree with him but essentially, it was his blog and has now become his board, which is why I say 'deal with it'. It isn't going to change any time soon and it never has. I used to point out how retarded Speedfreak was being when this was a blog; he had very similar rules and was just as pathetic when it came to threads, posts and people challenging him in general.

He's just a child; let him wallow in his pit of mud. If the board dies, maybe he'll learn from his lesson and suffer the repercussions of his "rules". If it doesn't die and you continue to have a problem with it, don't bother visiting the board, just post the conversation to friends over AIM or e-mail it to them, if it's that important or funny.

Posted by Speedfreak

I am a Nazi and I decide what's funny. I get to be a Nazi because this board used to be my blog, and was made a board without my consent!

I'm really quite fair everywhere else. Well, okay, there's only one other board I mod, bleh.

Seriously, though, I've got to regulate it somehow, otherwise there's no need for my existance other than to delete SPAM!

Besides, I got quite a few complaints that went something along the lines of "Judge's convos aren't remotely funny. I tried to be quite open minded, but there weren't even any punchlines, cruel treatment of idiots, witty remarks or anything, it just seemed like a random conversation.

Posted by Meru

If you're all that worried about Speedfreak's opinion, do not post here. However, should you prevent people from posting here because you, Speedfreak, deem it not to be funny? Why not have different criteria for IMs to be posted? Why not look for the quality of the IMs? These forums were meant to be a democracy. If you think an IM isn't funny enough, dock reputation points. Simple as that.

Posted by Hyper

[quote]there's no need for my existance other than to delete SPAM!

You're finally seeing it my way.

Posted by Echo

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. A rule has to be made to keep the conversations funny, and who better to chose what's funny and what isn't than the mod? If a specific person or group of people weren't in charge of deciding what's funny and what isn't, than there will just be arguments between what should stay and what should go. There has to be a standard set by someone, so why not the mod? If you don't like the rules, don't post in this board. It's not like what's going on here is actually affecting you in anyway. And if it really means so much to you, PM a super mod and see if it will be brought up in the mod board. If an s-mod considers it worth their time, a poll will probably be made about whether Speedfreak should be forced to change the rule or not. But posting here, complaining about his rule on his board probably won't get you anywhere too fast.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Stalolin: Comedy still changes with the person who views it. Therefore comical value cannot be set to one thing. Comical value that only exists to him and perhaps some of you, however, the comical value changes with others, maybe as myself.

No, you missed my point entirely.

"My dog's got no nose?" "How does he smell?" "Awful." Now, you may not find that funny at all, much like any sane person, yet you can see how humour is created through a pun. There are differences between being amusing and comical.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Meru: If you're all that worried about Speedfreak's opinion, do not post here. However, should you prevent people from posting here because you, Speedfreak, deem it not to be funny? Why not have different criteria for IMs to be posted? Why not look for the quality of the IMs? These forums were meant to be a democracy. If you think an IM isn't funny enough, dock reputation points. Simple as that.

:D:D:D:D right! If speedfreak thinks he's funny (he is REALLY funny) then he might be for certain people! If you dont find him funny then dont post it for god's sake! I find him so funny! I read some of his posts and I gotta say that I enjoy reading his posts. You dont have to gang up on him! :devil:

Posted by Ant

Who cares? -directed at anyone who does-

Posted by Ant

who cares?

Posted by Speedfreak

Alright people, here's my logic. People who think I'm funny and think the same stuff is funny as me totally rock, and I only allow totally rockin' posts on here!

Posted by Meru

I like apples.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well seeing as everyone agrees, I hereby lock this thread!