Cold Fire as Replacement

Posted by The Judge

Coro will be gone for some time (or so I was informed), and as such, Cold Fire desires a position of modship in Coro's absence. It'd be the Game Cube and GBA sections, I believe. I say he should be given the chance. After all, it's only temporary.

Posted by coromoro

I think temporary moderation is a great idea, and I would encourage it to be used more often.

Even though I always ask for the super moderators to take care of the boards I moderate while I'm away, I find the boards to be filled with spam whenever I come back. Tons of spam, and it's not pleasant having to clean it all. :(

I am going to leave to Mexico this Summer once again, and after that, I will be moving. I don't know how long I will take to come back, but I'd prefer to have a co-moderator for the Game Cube and Game Boy forums while I am gone rather than having to clean the whole boards, and I think Cold Fire is great for the job.

I'm pretty sure we'll get some, "But we have perfect candidates who are already moderators who could fill in the spot just fine instead of Cold Fire!" but I have more trust in Cold Fire than any other member here, so if you don't mind, I would like to leave it up to him, rather than anyone else.

Posted by Altinure

since little bby coro wants it, yes.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Although the word temporary is used, I doubt he would be demodded once Coro leaves for vacation. I just don't see that happening.

If the current mod of the board agrees, which he does, then I'm in favor of it regardless.

Posted by Iris

It seems like it may be challenging for him, but it's also a good way to test if he's ready for a permanent mod spot. He definately has enough posts, and an obvious loyalty to the board. Yes.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Iris: He definately has enough posts

I'd argue that point, but forget it.

EDIT: Forget that, I thought you said "Good enough," but I can't seem to delete my post.

Posted by Hyper

I really don't think he's mod material judging by most of his posts. =/

Posted by Kodachi

We usually don't get new mods when one is just going to be away for a bit. I like Anty, but I don't think he's needed.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Hyper: I really don't think he's mod material judging by most of his posts. =/

I'd actually have to agree.

Although I do like him, I don't think he's ready.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Kodachi: We usually don't get new mods when one is just going to be away for a bit. I like Anty, but I don't think he's needed.

Agreed.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Kodachi: We usually don't get new mods when one is just going to be away for a bit.

I know what you mean, but I don't know how long I'm going to be away for. It could be one month only, or it could go up to six months, so I think it would be best for him to cover for me for as long as I'm away. :cool:

Posted by Hyper

Why can't we replace you with someone who's already a mod, though? That way we know they're qualified and there's someone there to do your work.

Posted by coromoro

I know Cold Fire would do a great job, and it is the trust that I have in him that makes me want him to have the temporary spot more than anyone else.

Posted by The Judge

I am also not doing this based on the fact that he's my friend. I do think he'd make a good mod for some of the smaller boards.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: I am also not doing this based on the fact that he's my friend. I do think he'd make a good mod for some of the smaller boards.

But these aren't smaller boards we're talking about.

Posted by The Judge

Game Cube isn't, but GBA seems to be pretty small.

Posted by coromoro

The Game Boy board we wouldn't have to worry about too much. I don't like to admit it, but it's the second least active board on VGC. :(

Posted by The Judge

What's the first?

Posted by Hyper

And that leaves Gamecube, one of the most popular.

Posted by The Judge

Well, perhaps we could get someone as a replacement, and let Cold Fire mod the GBA boards? Seriously though, I think he can handle it. He's had even more modding experience than me, regardless of whether his posts show it or not.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting The Judge: Well, perhaps we could get someone as a replacement, and let Cold Fire mod the GBA boards? Seriously though, I think he can handle it. He's had even more modding experience than me, regardless of whether his posts show it or not.

He has modding experience? Where? Or do you mean posting experience?

Posted by The Judge

Perhaps you forget that blogs even exist, but they happened to be my only modding experience prior to my current state as well.

Posted by coromoro

And Cold Fire did a better job with the blog than The Judge, let me tell you. :cool:

Posted by The Judge

That's a filthy lie, but I'll let it slip this once.

Haha. But the point is, his posts don't show it, and that's what matters.

Posted by coromoro

I don't see how posts have any relation to moderation skills. :cool:

...you don't?

Posted by Hyper

Mods need to give off a certain vibe. Not an unprofessional, hentai-loving vibe.

Posted by coromoro

[quote]...you don't?Not really, no.
Every time we vote on a mod, most of us usually look to the quality of their posts, instead of the people themselves and their personality.

I know I am repeating myself a little, but when I'm voting for or against a new moderator being placed, I tend to look at the trust I have for the person, and not so much at the quality of the posts.

But the posts are what make the person. Post content will show whether or not that person is suitable as a mod. Personality is shown through an individuals' posts.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah... I edited my post right before you posted. I meant to say "quality of the posts."

Sorry. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Hyper]Mods need to give off a certain vibe. Not an unprofessional, hentai-loving vibe.

But I love Hentai, and look where that got me!

As long as he's capable, I think he should have at least a chance at it.

Posted by Xenos

hes my buddy so i am going to vote yes...

Quoted post: But I love Hentai, and look where that got me!

You suck anyways Jack, so frankly, it doesn't matter. Besides, I did a quick search on Cold Fire--he barely posts in the forums that Coromoro moderates. About two in GC.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, I was kidding. He isn't. :(

Posted by Xenos

I know what you do in your dormatory Jack, don't lie!

Posted by The Judge

OK, Sh*t, he won. Mod him already.

Posted by Hyper

By 1 vote, and I think there has to be a bigger majority than that if I remember correctly.

Posted by The Judge

I would have thought that after 11 days of inactivity, the margin no longer mattered, because people obviously stopped voting.

Posted by Hyper

And again, if I remember correctly, once people stop voting it goes by how big the majority is or something. I though there had to be a 50% majority or something, I could be wrong though.

Is coro even gone yet?

Posted by The Judge

Not yet. Ok, how bout we actually tell people to come and vote? Manditory voting isn't the best thing, but it'd be best if this poll wasn't left hanging.

Posted by Hyper

There really aren't many more mods who care enough to vote / haven't voted yet.

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's usually around 2/3rd yes vote before something actually passes for a yes vote. (Think US Senate votes.) Heck, I could vote no right now and it would be a tie! The 'while he's gone' has kept me from voting, since obvieously if he get's it, it'll most likley be for good, so I wasn't sure how to vote!!!!

Edit: What the heck, Colf Fire isn't even a mod yet! *Votes yes, we need more new mods!!*

Posted by sabre

There, 10-6 is fine.

Posted by Raptor

Not mod material, eh.

Posted by Corrupt

Go ahead and replace me with him, or something. Anything.

Man, I'm desperate...

Posted by The Judge

Actually, Jesse, Corrupt had previously offered to give up his spot as Super Moderator to me in exchange for him being demodded. I think we should listen to him, as he is a wise and thoughtful member.

Posted by Ant

Alright, cool. Thanks to all those who voted for me. To all those that didn't...burn in hell. Just kidding. I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong.

Posted by Hyper

It's nothing about proving anything, I just think somebody with more experience could have filled the spot.

Posted by Ant

Seriously Hyper, I've been here way longer then most of the moderation team here. Yet I don't have enough experience? It's not really that hard to moderate...Although my only "experience" is in the blogs, it's some nonetheless. How the hell do you gain experience...if you were never a mod in the first place? Just saying.

Posted by Hyper

Uh, I had modding experience prior to becoming a mod here. Also, posting experience is not modding experience, don't get them confused.

And blogs really don't count, there isn't much moderation to be done in them.

Posted by Ant

Not when you take it as seriously as I do! Alright I'm done now... -hides in corner-

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I had previous modding experience before I came to VGC too. Only thing is, I do such a pi[b][/b]ss-poor job at it, and Jesse's stubbornness to get rid of me is really unnecessary...

But yeah. Welcome to the mod base, Ant. Now that you're a mod, there's nothing I can do except watch you and see how you do. I'm rather curious, I will say. Hope you do a good job out there.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Corrupt: Go ahead and replace me with him, or something. Anything.

Man, I'm desperate...

Whoa whoa whoaaa.

When did this come about?

Posted by Corrupt

PM me if you want to know more about it, Rob. I don't want to clog up this thread with more of my useless ramblings.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er u r da only Super Mod here that's not corrupt!!!! Fear not, the naughty nastey hacker'll come along any time now and de-Super Mod you. :(:(:(