La Pucelle Tactics

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

As you may have guessed from the title, this is a tactical RPG. The battle system is similar to that of Disgaea's and Final Fantasy Tacics', and although I've just started to play it, I can already tell that I'll enjoy it. I really love the tactic battles, and I've come across the shop music from Disgaea in it. So, who's played it, and can tell me approximately how many hours it took to complete?

Posted by KuraiKitsune

I've played it, and I loved the game far more than Disgaea... perhaps it's because I got used to La Pucelle's battle system before I even picked Disgaea up. No offense to Disgaea fans. ^.^

I've yet to complete the game; I'm actually taking some time off from the main quest to visit Dark World. It's a very good place to level up my weaker characters.

Just a hint; raise the spell Iyashi until you get Cure. Do not ignore that spell; you'll regret it later. Trust me... I did, at first. ^.^

Oh, yes... and killing your own party members will raise the Dark World index while giving them quite a good experience boost. The only problem is, only special attacks work. I must confess, I was quite the brutal one to Croix. :3

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I remember reading about it in a magazine ages and ages ago. I thought it looked brilliant. I will buy it sometime because it sounds really fun,[/COLOR] *oscar*

Well, the battle system is more dragged out than Disgaea's, what with going to that extra screen at your turn, then your enemy's. I'd rather it be just like Disgaea; a lot faster, and overall more enjoyable. But, I suppose I'll live with it. The story is interesting so far, and I'm liking the characters.

Posted by Philsdad

Cool, thanks for the recommendation, sounds like an interesting game. I've been looking for some other tactical RPGs to play. What system is it for by the way?

It's for the PS2. I haven't seen it around too much, actually. Never in Wal-mart, and ocassionally ebgames may carry a used copy (at least, in my area). I picked up my used copy at Microplay, though.

Posted by Philsdad

Oh, when that guy said he read about it ages and ages ago, I figured it was for SNES or a console of that era. I don't have a PS2 anymore so I guess it will be awhile before I can try it out.

Posted by neonmole

Quoting Philsdad: Oh, when that guy said he read about it ages and ages ago, I figured it was for SNES or a console of that era. I don't have a PS2 anymore so I guess it will be awhile before I can try it out.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Hehe, I should have just said a while ago because I have just found the magazine I read it and it's only Septermber 2004s edition.[/COLOR]

Aw, you should buy a PS2, so you can play other great games, such as Disgaea.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I recently bought this game at EB games for 17 dollars. And it doesn't work. Has this happened to anyone else. The disk isn't scratched up or anything. But when I try to load the game up it shows that Playstation 2 logo and then the screen goes black. Kind of like its trying to load the game but its unable to. Has this happened to anyone else or is my copy just messed up?