124. Super Scope 6
125. Super Soccer
126. Super Soccer 2
127. Super Tennis
128. Tetris & Dr. Mario
129. Tetris Attack
130. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
131. Tinstar
132. Uniracers (Unirally, the game sucked bad you raced unicycles with no rider)
133. Winter Gold (FX Skiing)
134. World League Baseball
135. Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2
136. Yoshi's Safari

Nintendo 64

137. 1080

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Whoa, I didn't know that there was an Animal Crossing released for N64. This is excellent. I look forward to more that will be release. Thanks for the info.

Posted by Echo

Oh ***, if some of those Japanese games like all of those Fire Emblem games are really available for download.... wow. That's just amazing. The Revolution is gonna be awesome, if for nothing but this.

Posted by Axis

No Conker's Bad Fur Day?? :(

Oh well, I'm sold on the Revolution now.

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Angelwing: Whoa, I didn't know that there was an Animal Crossing released for N64.

If I remember correctly, Animal Crossing was planned for the N64 in Japan. But it got delayed and was released for the Gamcube. Sorta explains why the graphics look like they do on the cube.

This gives me a reason to buy two next-gen consoles.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Ohh, I see.

Quoting Dyers Eve: No Conker's Bad Fur Day?? :(

Well, I'm fairly certain that more games will be released for download, so keep checking back for it.

Posted by Random

MARIO RPG!? Wow... I never thought I'd say this.. Get ready.. but.. I THINK I'M GOING TO PRE ORDER A REVOLUTION... O_o... OOT too... :') I'm so happy... :')

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

3 smash bros

one system

not healthy, not healthy at all. bet you all my revolutions breaks down first.

****, perfect dark, goldeneye, kriby =o. Mario kart 64, cruisin usa and world, 1080 =o so many games I enjoyed in the past are going to come back XD

Paper mario, star fox from snes and 64, omfg, and lol, pokemon snap!!!

Bigger shnap, all the fire emblem, mario, kirby games. WTF ORGAZM1!!! omg awesome, and every donkey kong game on the super nintendo XD... but.. how would you play mario paint... and duck hunt :mad:?

Oh goody goody goody, I can't wait now. I can't even keep my pants on right now.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: There's some disappointing news for those expecting these classics to be available for free. Nintendo is planning on pay downloads as being the standard for this download system. There will be many types of services, though, including limited time free downloads. One possibility mentioned by Iwata is free downloads as bonuses for buying new games.

Backwards compatibility for GameCube goes beyond just the software. You'll be able to use all controllers (Wave Bird included), memory cards, the Mario Party microphone, the Dance Dance dance pad and even the Donkey Konga konga controller.

The downloads will, as previously announced, be stored in flash memory. You'll be able to store games in the 512 megabytes built into the system, but should this fill up, you can transfer your downloads to an SD memory card and use your computer to manage the files. Iwata didn't elaborate, but did state that copy protection is in place (so don't expect to simply send downloaded game copies to your friends by e-mail).

Nintendo's use of flash memory rather than a hard disk was very much intentional. The company believes that kids as young as five years old will use the Revolution and could damage a built-in hard disk. Additionally, Iwata points to longevity, reliability and cost as being part of the decision to go with flash.

The internal flash memory is being used for a few areas besides the download of game classics. You'll be able to save games to the flash area, update the Revolution's firmware (adding new features along the way, presumably) and download game demos! That's right, Revolution game demos, downloaded right to your Revolution hardware.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Angelwing: Whoa, I didn't know that there was an Animal Crossing released for N64. This is excellent. I look forward to more that will be release. Thanks for the info.
Actually, Im sure that when N64 was still popular in Japan, Animal crossing was made, never got to us though. Then they finally remade it for Gamecube.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: MARIO RPG!? Wow... I never thought I'd say this.. Get ready.. but.. I THINK I'M GOING TO PRE ORDER A REVOLUTION... O_o... OOT too... :') I'm so happy... :')

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw "Super Mario RPG"... (Except the whole pre order)

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Uchiha Itachi: If I remember correctly, Animal Crossing was planned for the N64 in Japan. But it got delayed and was released for the Gamcube. Sorta explains why the graphics look like they do on the cube.

This gives me a reason to buy two next-gen consoles.

Animal Crossing was actually released in Japan on the Nintendo 64. Then they released it for the GameCube and released it again but with the E-Reader card feature. Since the E-Reader wasn't out when the first AC GC was released in Japan.

e;f;b

Posted by nich

I think this is quite possibly the greatest news about the next-gen yet. If nintendo is gonna charge you to download how much could it be? I mean they are old games. Oh boy I'm excited!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: 3 smash bros

one system

not healthy, not healthy at all. bet you all my revolutions breaks down first.

Lol, you said it. Us hard core smashers are going to be hooked playing at least one, if not more of the SSB titles on the Revolution.

As for the rest of the titles, I just simply can't wait. I'm going to download a whole bunch of these ones. I'll put all my favorites on them as well as try some new ones. This is going to be great. I'll throw in some Mario Kart, a few Zelda games and tons more.

Posted by Speedfreak

That list isn't real.

Posted by nich

Quoting Speedfreak: That list isn't real.

How can you tell? Seems reasonable to me.

Posted by Burrito

Quoted post: The latest issue of Famitsu Magazine in Japan reveals that all of Nintendo's first party-published NES, S-NES, and Nintendo 64 classics will be available for download on Revolution.

The publication offers no specifics on games, but an overzealous message board poster calling himself 'myahon' put together a preliminary list of some 214 possibilities based on their first party status. Following, that list:

Yeah, it's not real, but it's a list of all Nintendo's first party-published games. So, it's pretty much true. Although, We don't know if they're going to release the Japanese only games, or games like Gyromite.

Animal Crossing came out for the N64 in Japan, but it was called Animal Forest.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because it isn't. That list is a list of all NES, SNES and N64 games published by Nintendo. Famistsu made the list as if to say "if Nintendo put all their published games online for free, you'd have this many games".

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting nich: How can you tell? Seems reasonable to me.

Well, I was "crying" while doing this, but hey, I did it. :(

30. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones license doesn't belong to Nintendo.

36. Mario Time Machine
Wasn't developed by Nintendo.

37. Mario is Missing!

38. Mario:Fun with Letters

39. Mario:Fun with Numbers

41. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Nintendo stopped making Mike Tyson versions of Punch-Out after he got in jail.

52. R.C. Pro-Am

56. Slalom

57. Snake Rattle & Roll

68. Tetris
Nintendo doesn't own the Tetris license anymore.

69. Tetris 2
Nintendo doesn't own the Tetris license anymore.

84. Derby Stallion 98

85. Donkey Kong Country

86. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

87. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

95. Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and they need to re-license the game.

96. Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and they need to re-license the game.

97. Killer Instinct

109. NCAA Basketball
They need to re-license the game.

110. NHL Stanley Cup
They need to re-license the game.

115. Sound Fantasy

116. Star Fox

120. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

133. Winter Gold (FX Skiing)

134. World League Baseball
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and they need to re-license the character names.

138. Animal Crossing
It needs to be translated into English.

139. Banjo-Kazooie

140. Banjo-Tooie

141. Blast Corps

142. Bomberman 64

143. Bomberman Hero

148. Command & Conquer

150. Cruis'n USA

151. Cruis'n World

166. GoldenEye 007
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and EA owns the Goldeneye license.

169. Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and needs to be re-licensed.

172. Kirby's Air Ride
Was never released.

173. Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
Needs to be re-licensed.

174. Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and needs to be re-licensed.

181. Mickey's Speedway USA
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and it needs to be re-licensed.

185. NBA Courtside 2: Featuring Kobe Bryant
Needs to be re-licensed.

187. Perfect Dark

194. Ridge Racer 64

199. Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and the Star Wars license isn't owned by Nintendo.

200. Star Wars: Battle for Naboo

201. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

205. Tetrisphere
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and Nintendo doesn't own the license for Tetris.

209. The New Tetris
Wasn't developed by Nintendo and Nintendo doesn't own the license for Tetris.

Posted by Burrito

I beat you to it, speedfreak. You got something wrong thoug, it wasn't even famitsu that made the list. It was just a message board poster. Famitsu just said that all nintendo first-party published games would be available for download.

Wicked Sushi, it says all first party PUBLISHED games. They don't have to be developed by nintendo, but the ones that weren't translated to English seem right. You might be able to download the original Japanese games, though.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Burrito: Wicked Sushi, it says all first party PUBLISHED games. They don't have to be developed by nintendo, but the ones that weren't translated to English seem right. You might be able to download the original Japanese games, though.

Yes, those titles do have to developed by Nintendo!
See, I left in the Kirby series there. Why? Because HAL made them and, well, Nintendo and HAL are working together.
What about Donkey Kong Country? Why did I put it on the list? Because they were made by Rare. And Microsoft owns Rare. Microsoft won't let Rare to give Nintendo those games for free nor will Nintendo be able to give them away for free when Rare made 99% of the game.

It goes with the other games. Like Mario's Missing. I think it was developed by Creative Tools. I'm not sure though.

Quote from IGN:
"It's worth noting that Nintendo may no longer own the licenses to some of these games, including the Rare-developed Banjo-Kazooie franchise."

See? It's there, on the bottom of the article.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Nintendo is planning on pay downloads as being the standard for this download system. There will be many types of services, though, including limited time free downloads. One possibility mentioned by Iwata is free downloads as bonuses for buying new games

Well, this puts a big damper on the news. :(

Posted by Burrito

Nintendo did publish the games, though. Famitsu says that all Nintendo published games will be included. That's why Conker's Bad Fur Day isn't there. It was made [highlight]and[/highlight] published by rare.

Posted by Bebop

Wicked Sushi-Donkey Kong Country belongs to Nintendo. At the time it was made by a 2nd party but Rare does not hold the rights for DKC. Ninty does. They are Ninty characters afterall, despite being re-invented by Rare.

Animal Crossing has been translated into English. Animal Forest is the Jap version. Crossing is the US and PAL version.

I'm pretty sure Ninty developed Starfox.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Burrito: Nintendo did publish the games, though. Famitsu says that all Nintendo published games will be included. That's why Conker's Bad Fur Day isn't there. It was made [highlight]and[/highlight] published by rare.

I edited my post. See, even IGN says that I'm right. :P

Quoting Bebop: Wicked Sushi-Donkey Kong Country belongs to Nintendo. At the time it was made by a 2nd party but Rare does not hold the rights for DKC. Ninty does. They are Ninty characters afterall, despite being re-invented by Rare.

Animal Crossing has been translated into English. Animal Forest is the Jap version. Crossing is the US and PAL version.

I'm pretty sure Ninty developed Starfox.

No, Donkey Kong Country does not belong to Nintendo. The characters, the themes and the such does. But the programming, the code does not. Did you play the GBA version of Donkey Kong Country? It was made by Rare. :)
The only reason DKC can be found on the GBA is because GBA does not conflict with XBOX sales, so Microsoft let Rare to release the game.

Animal Crossing was never released on the Nintendo 64 in the US or Europe. The GameCube version was, but that's different from the Nintendo 64 one. It contains more NES Games, E-Reader capabilites, more vilagers, more dates etc.

;)

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Bebop: I'm pretty sure Ninty developed Starfox.

Nope, It was developed by Rare Ware Inc.

Posted by Burrito

You're thinking of starfox adventures. The other starfox games were made by nintendo.

Edit: IGN said, "it maybe worth noting". It still doesn't mean we have to lose hope.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wicked Sushi: Yes, those titles do have to developed by Nintendo!
See, I left in the Kirby series there. Why? Because HAL made them and, well, Nintendo and HAL are working together.
What about Donkey Kong Country? Why did I put it on the list? Because they were made by Rare. And Microsoft owns Rare. Microsoft won't let Rare to give Nintendo those games for free nor will Nintendo be able to give them away for free when Rare made 99% of the game.

It goes with the other games. Like Mario's Missing. I think it was developed by Creative Tools. I'm not sure though.

Quote from IGN:
"It's worth noting that Nintendo may no longer own the licenses to some of these games, including the Rare-developed Banjo-Kazooie franchise."

See? It's there, on the bottom of the article.

Rare was 2nd party when making DKC. Nintendo own the rights to DKC. Rare simply added to an exisitng series. Microsoft do not own the writes to Nintendo characters. The same ois said for Micro owning rights to Grabbed by the Ghoulies and not Nintendo.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Burrito: You're thinking of starfox adventures. The other starfox games were made by nintendo.

Actually, we are both wrong. It was developed by Argonaut.

Source:
http://www.planetnintendo.com/nindb/sns/fo.shtml

This is what happens when I don't work for a videogaming website for months. I mess up. :(

Posted by Bebop

Donket Kong Country 1 and 2 were going to be the first games i download with my Revolution. If these games are not included I shall still purchase one to take advantage of the other games at hand but I shall be very disappointed and cry. :bowser:

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Also, I'm sorry if I seem anal or annoying about this, I just like to correct things about Nintendo related stuff. ^_^
As a matter of fact, I don't know crap about Microsoft or Sony.

So yeah, sorry.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Well this hits the nail on the head, I'm getting the Revolution. I don't like the fact that you have to pay but if you have a HD it can be softmodded. :)

Posted by NightmareBassX

Well Im sure they wouldn't charge alot anyway, Maybe it will be like a monthy fee kind of thing. To play any selection of games over a monthly fee. I may be wrong, but wasn't Sega channel like that?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting NightmareBassX: Well Im sure they wouldn't charge alot anyway, Maybe it will be like a monthy fee kind of thing. To play any selection of games over a monthly fee. I may be wrong, but wasn't Sega channel like that?

As far as I remember, it was like that.

I hope they won't charge us more than $10 though. :\

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Wicked Sushi: As far as I remember, it was like that.

I hope they won't charge us more than $10 though. :\

I don't think they could charge much more. You could go out and buy most of those games for less than that.

Posted by Bebop

The bonus for buying certain games is a likelihood. Nintendo need to make profit from this afterall.

Posted by Echo

It'd be great if they were just, say, $5 a piece.

I really hope some third parties get on this.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Well it could be more then $10, It is a wide selection of games.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Just noticed the lack of Ganbare Goemon for SNES and Mystical Ninja for N64. :( How could the not add those. :(

Posted by Burrito

Quoting NegativeTrend: Just noticed the lack of Ganbare Goemon for SNES and Mystical Ninja for N64. :( How could the not add those. :(

That's not the official list. Nintendo said they would work with 3rd party developers to try to get as many possible games. I find it likely that konami will cooperate and have that for you.

Posted by Arczu

Wait... are they gonna charge you that many per-game? $10 a game is rediculous to download...

Posted by Speedfreak

No one's stated a price. Nintendo themselves don't know what they're going to do.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Dyers Eve: No Conker's Bad Fur Day?? :(

Oh well, I'm sold on the Revolution now.

Dont you remember xbox bought rareware.

Posted by Poco

I'm hoping Nintendo will get Final Fantasy 6 on there, but it seems liek a far cry away. I'd really hope they get some 3rd parties to ok it.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Commisar Yarrick: I'm hoping Nintendo will get Final Fantasy 6 on there, but it seems liek a far cry away. I'd really hope they get some 3rd parties to ok it.

'Tis coming to the DS, so I'm ok if it's not available to download.

Posted by Burrito

I don't doubt it. Square-enix is likely to give them permission to distribute the game. They are one of the first 3rd party companies to confirm a game for the revolution.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Echo: 'Tis coming to the DS, so I'm ok if it's not available to download.

I think you have that mistaken for Final Fantasy 3 coming out for the DS my friend.

Anyhow I bet I know what those USB ports are for. Note how they have two? I bet Nintendo will re-release the classic controllers as USB so you can use them to play the classic games.

It can't be done with Revolution controllers because they will not have the traditional A, B, Start, and Select format. It could be done with GCN controllers, (we have seen that with LOZ: Ocarina of Time, and LOZ: Majora's Mask), but it would be very awkward for NES and SNES games.

Which is why I suspect Nintendo will release classic controllers that will plug into the USB ports. There are two for two player games.

Posted by Speedfreak

1) why the hell would it be awkward for NES games?
2) Nintendo never said the Revolution's controllers wouldn't have buttons on them.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: 2) Nintendo never said the Revolution's controllers wouldn't have buttons on them.

All they've really said was that it has to somehow incorporate all of their past generation's controller interfaces. So that's a pretty big hint.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: 1) why the hell would it be awkward for NES games?
2) Nintendo never said the Revolution's controllers wouldn't have buttons on them.

Have you ever tried playing The Legend of Zelda, on the GCN? Much easier its respective console. Also, it is a known fact that Rev controllers won't have the traditional buttons.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Protoman: I think you have that mistaken for Final Fantasy 3 coming out for the DS my friend.

I could be wrong, but I always thought that it was the American FF3, which IS FF6, in Japan. Is that true, or are they making the original, Japanese FF3?

Posted by Speedfreak

No, it's not. It's just one Japanese newspaper reported Iwata to have said. No one's ever mentioned anything since, not even at E3, so you can call it bunk.

Posted by TendoAddict

Nintendo will most likely have plenty of third party games. This idea is straightened by the fact nintendo will charge for games. Because of this 3rd partys will get money and free pablicity.

But we dont know how much or how the system will work. Personally I think it will work on a point system. So you can purchase points or get points when you get new games which is similar to the x-box live mouthly system. I think this would be the most facile way to do this. Lets face it , a nes game most likely not worth the price of a snes or a n64 game; So if you were to use creadits you could have a system that would use a balanced cost, be user friendly, and not have people scared away by a cost in big blod red letters.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Apathetic: Dont you remember xbox bought rareware.

Yeah, I knew about it a while after it happened. But that doesn't really mean anything, because Donkey Kong, Perfect Dark, etc. are all on that list and they're developed by Rare. Oh well, the list is fake anyway.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Echo: I could be wrong, but I always thought that it was the American FF3, which IS FF6, in Japan. Is that true, or are they making the original, Japanese FF3?

Nope, this is the Japanese FF3, never released in the US. Although that would be cool if it was availible for download in the original 8 bit format.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Arczu]