Mega Man X Collection Announced!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Mega Man X fans who've been dissapointed by the last 2 titles finally have something to rejoice about. And you thought Mega Man Anniversary Collection was as good as it could get:[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Mega Man X Collection Announced
Capcom creates new box with old games.
By Ivan Sulic
February 4, 2005 - The mighty Mega will see daylight yet again thanks to Capcom's Mega Man X Collection, a title that combines seven Mega Man X games onto a single disc.

Capcom has not been forthcoming with the details, but acclaimed Studio 1 producer, Tatsuya Minami announced on Wednesday that Mega Man X Collection, a product that symbolizes the height of the Capcom platforming era, would release later this year. Though no further details were revealed, a brief video displayed showed the title in action. At least, we can only assume it was the title and not emulated or original versions of the Mega Man X games it promises to include.
The bundle will apparently be comprised of the first three SNES Mega Man X games as well as the PlayStation versions of Mega Man X4 through X6. Additionally, Capcom will include the import Mega Man Battle & Chase. This Japan and Europe only PSOne cart racing game was not approved for North American distribution by Sony, so it should be quite a treat for fans of the series that shy away from imports.

Specific release info is to be announced. Expect more details at this year's Electronic Entertainment Exposition in May. For the full trailer, please direct yourself to our media page linked below.

[COLOR=Yellow]Awesome! I have yet to play X5 and X6, so up til a few days ago i was thinking of buying them separately. No word yet on wether the Gamecube version will suck by using the A button to shoot, and B to jump.[/COLOR]

[URL=http://ps2.ign.com/articles/585/585733p1.html?fromint=1]Link[/URL]

Posted by Proto Man

It's a dream come true!!!!

I have never touched a MMX game actually. Can't wait till it comes out.

Posted by Concerto

^(^^)^ Huzzah! Hope this actually comes through. Battle & Chase sounds like a spectacular bonus addition. :)

Posted by Linko_16

Yay! Now I don't have to worry about hunting down the SNES ones!

*dances*

Posted by Stalolin

I can play Megaman X2 without having to spend over 50 to buy it!

Posted by Dark Link

OMFG!!!

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

Finally I'll be able to play X5/6 as I never played those and X4 as I never finished it (friend's game)
I'll never get tired of this collection because X1-3 IS ON IT!!!

too bad there's no ACTUAL release date =(

Posted by Madame Flurrie

This is great news! I've only ever played the original. :) I own it and X2, but X2 is so beat up that only my brother knows how to get it to run anymore.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Stalolin: I can play Megaman X2 without having to spend over 50 to buy it!

Oh, you mean the limited supplies of X2 copies... yeah, bids go up to as $300. Megaman X2 on SNES is one rare game.

Posted by RockMan

[color=navy]You all could've downloaded an Emulator an a ROM for SNES Games, for free. But for the PS Games, it's good to know that you will be able to buy a new game. CAPCOM doesn't sell them any more, and I don't trust used games.[/color]

Posted by Dark Link

Reported.

NO SPEAKING OF ROMS/EMUS!!!

Plus that's just stupid

Posted by Zeta

I've never really cared for the MMX series, since I've only played a little bit of X4 (Slash Beast pwned me.) and Xtreme 2. I might change my mind after getting this though ...If it comes out on Gamecube.

EDIT: Just checked GameFAQS. MMXC is on the Gamecube list. HAHA! Finally, after 5 long years I'll be able to get revenge on Slash Beast ...And Cyber Peacock ...And Magma Dragoon ...And Storm Owl ...And-

*Continues listing all the bosses that pwned me*

Posted by Brandizzle

Does anyone know if this will be available for x-box. i sure hope so...wow that would be soo cool cuz I was dum and sold my SNES a while ago along w/ my MMX and MMX2 games and now I regret it ever soo much!!!

-Im retarted... YAY!!!!!

Posted by Concerto

RockMan, mentioning ROMs/EMUs once is fine, but try not to bring it up again. Keep in mind, providing links and such is against the rules. Plus, just buy the game, it's easier, it's more reliable, and best of all, it's LEGAL. ;)

I don't know if it'll be on XBox or not. Thus far I've only seen it mentioned for PS2 and GameCube.

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]This is kick ***. I always wondered if they would come out with this type of game and they did! I'll will definitly be getting this game when it comes out.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

uh, i thought that the rules pertaining to roms here were that you're not allowed to give info as to where to provide them. which is silly, as rom/iso images of obsolete systems are now perfectly legal. dark link, you are an idiot.

Posted by RockMan

I never said where to get the ROMS or EMUS, so it's not against the rules

Posted by Concerto

If it was a major no-no, I'd have deleted the post long before now and reported you to the Super Mods. ;)

However, I feel I should point out that ROMs and emulators for OBSOLETE systems are no longer illegal. i.e. systems that no new games are being made for (NES, SNES, etc.). This is a NEW game for systems that are (obviously) not obsolete, which means getting ROMs and emulators to play it IS ILLEGAL and posting about them is against the rules of VGChat. It'd be best if you didn't continue chatting about it. ;)

BTW, RockMan, your font's kinda dark. It might just be me, but I think it's a little hard to see against the dark background. ^^;

Posted by Crono

Whoo. As long as they fix the retarded button switchup on my Gamecube version, I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out. Although I could always work at reversing gameplay, or just turn dyslexic. Either way, it's definitely at the top of my games to buy list.

Posted by RockMan

Concerto, if you can't see well my font, just highlight it.

Posted by Crono

Two things I thought of--

A- Are they putting the Megaman Xtreme games for GBC on the collection?

and

B- Rockman, you do know that you can get banned for having unreadable font colors, right? I'd advise you to simply change it instead of telling a mod that she should have to highlight your badly colored text.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Crono: Two things I thought of--

A- Are they putting the Megaman Xtreme games for GBC on the collection?

Doubt it. Seeing as how those are GBC games, they'd prolly put that on a seperate collection for the Advance.

Posted by Crono

We can only hope. It'd be nice to get those and the other MM games on one GBA collection...

Posted by Litbut

Awesome. If they make a GC version I'm going to get it. It seems fun.

Posted by megamanfan

Dude, i hope that game comes out soon. i LOVE megaman x games, and i dont have a snes to play the old ones on. and i really hope axl gets sliced in two by sigma or something in an upcoming x game, cuz hes a jerkoff.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting megamanfan: Dude, i hope that game comes out soon. i LOVE megaman x games, and i dont have a snes to play the old ones on. and i really hope axl gets sliced in two by sigma or something in an upcoming x game, cuz hes a jerkoff.

You're an idiot. Axl won't die. I mean Zero was killed in X6 yet he still came back.
and the X collection is coming out in Q3 2005. No official Month and date.

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Dark Link: You're an idiot. Axl won't die. I mean Zero was killed in X6 yet he still came back.
and the X collection is coming out in Q3 2005. No official Month and date.

Technically Zero was killed in X5 and came back in X6 and then "supposedly" went to sleep for 100 years after X6 but if you count X7 and X8 as continuations then someone woke Zero up. Capcom is just screwing the storyline over now, especially with the addition of Megaman Zero's storyline.

And personally, if Capcom intends to really tie up this storyline together then Axl is going to have to leave or die. The Zero series has not mentioned him yet. Maybe Axl is just an additional character they're using to try to make the series more interesting. X8 had lots of team play with it's team attack and ability to switch whenever you wanted. I just see Capcom using this to try spice the games up more. Axl's staying for now no matter what people think of him.

Posted by megamanfan

I believe they may have wrapped up the megaman zero series, because at the end of number 4, he dies to kill weil. but capcom has a strong habbit of bringing him back from the dead. i played the game in japanese, so i didn't catch the storyline too well, but i think hes dead.