Shooby Dooby Doo...

Posted by PaintItBlack

Skibely dee bop a dee bop doo.....

Ummmm....Hey guys, what's happening?

I think I might waste some of my extrememly open summer hours around these parts, maybe keep my writing skills fresh.

Someone want a challenge? I want to have one that lasts, too. I won't leave it die, it should finish by summer's end, too. I'm tempted to write an entrance but I really should be studying for finals...particularly my French oral. Je ne sais pas quoi parler pour mon examen en mardi.

But alas, the temptation overpowers...I'm rusty:

The cavernous depths of one's mind, mimicked only by the limitless expanse of space, the vast openess of twilight sky spanning overhead. The girth of such empty space contained more mass than humanly conveivable, though in proper realtion, it was more nothingness than you could imagine. Sort of like how New York could fit into a matchbox if you only took physical matter and compressed it sans space. It was easy to get lost in such a deeply lacking air, one could fall into the holes created by clouds and swirls of reflective color.

Sadly, or hopefully, as a matter of viewpoint, the range of earth at this perspective did not refute its heavenly counterpart. The divine reaches were mocked almost by the barren ground, full of substance but without any real character. Short blades of sahel grass, having been grazed and left to death by herds of wild beast, carpeted the rolling hills. Twisted, gnarled looking trees were sparse and grasped at hope in the promiseless dusk. Looking far enough into the distance, the lushness of savana was visible just on the horizon, so close but altogether unatainable.

Ace, that's what he'd been called since his early years, and having no desire to create a new person of himself he'd maintained the moniker, strolled gallantly (but not too audaciously, for he was always wary of himself, a self-conscious habit he'd acquired somewhere over time) out from some obscuring shadow, now making himself known to the entirety of the deserted existence. He expected a challenge, like the old days.