Groudon or Kyogre

Posted by Master Chief 12

Ok, this poll should seem obvious. Anyways, which would "mega" Pokemon do you like more. I myself go for Groudon. Although I was a retard and didn't capture Groudon(I forgot to save before him).

Posted by Average n00b

Groudon for me. I don't know, something about that pokemon is really cool. I just can't put my finger on it. Either that or I love fire pokemon over water.

Posted by Corrupt

Groudon, hands down.

Posted by Klarth

Rayquaza.

er, well, Groudon then.

Posted by sabre

Kyogre's more powerful, but Groudon's cooler in general.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I side with Groudon on this one. AMF Pokemon that is able to learn powerful fire type moves is aMF favorite of mine. Plus his special ability and Solar Beam make an excellent battle combo. He may not be as strong as Kyogre in some areas of status, but he is still highly powerful and one of my favorites at that.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Sabredog: Kyogre's more powerful, but Groudon's cooler in general.

Actually no. Kyogre has SP Def and SP Attack, whereas Groudon has Defense and attack over Kyogre.

Their base stats are pretty much the same cept just different on those. Kyogre is more useful since he has high special def. If Groudon uses Solar Beam, at most it would cut out around 1/4. Kyogre can get Groudon with a water move and since it's a water type, it adds %10-15 more damage to that attack, and since Groudon isn't really high on Special Defense, he dies quicker on the hands of a Kyogre. Their stats, again, are pretty much the same, but in a straight battle between the two, Kyogre has the upper hand.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

that is some cool knowlij you got there pit. nice one.

i like kyogre. you see, i had pokmon saphire before ruby, so kyogre was the first 'legendary' i got between the two of them. he is very good.

Posted by Barrysun

Groudon for me.
it seems that Earthquake is it's strongest attack. it can wipe out many enemies with just one hit. if you use it right, then it can be your best friend against many other trainers who tries to defeat you.

Posted by Faulty

i like kyogre better, i never played with groudon.

Posted by FerreTrip

I don't know what's up with all of you guys, but I think that Kyogre is the bomb. I mean, sure, I got her before Groudon, but I just like her over him. Yeah, I know, I'm giving genders to them, even tho it's like a rule to make all the legendaries without gender boys, or something...ANYWAY!! I like Kyogre better because, not only does her name not hint to what she is based off of(an orca whale), but because she's just, well, better. Elementally, Groudon would lose versus Kyogre. Kyogre can use water and ice, both super effective against ground, whereas Groudon can use fire and ground, both not very effective on water. Besides, I know that lava-swimming is cool, but imagine pulling up to a huge event (ie, GPhoria) on a frikking huge, seriously badass-yet-beautiful thing like her!

^_^ Yeah, I'm a devoted pok

Posted by kissdude_44

hmm....kyogre. definately. no doubt. it may be a matter of opinion, but think about it. if the world's crust is 70% water, that means kyogre won so long ago, and would win today. yay loopholes!

Posted by finalfantasylover

groudon has a massive amount of attack points. Groudon is my fav.

Posted by jack A.K.A cooldude

why did you have to make me choose.... i like groudon for his power, combo , and look. kyogre for HIS power HIS looks and being a water type. i cant choose!

Posted by junior senior

couldn't resist this thread turning 2 years old, huh?

Posted by cool gamer dad

I like this thread; not only because Groudon is statistically the better pokemon, but because he looks nicer. But really, switch a Groudon into a Kyogre's surf, it does nothing because of its sunny day effect.

Posted by Zeta

Huh, I like Kyogre more. The design looks better to me, and I've never really cared for fire & earth elements in videogames. =/