Velvet Nightmare for PSP?

Posted by Pit

The reason I'm re-doing this is because last time people said he was "not ready" and "perhaps later on".

Well, the way he's been posting in game sections lately is good and he's an active member who always provides with good information on games. Myself, I'd think he'd do a great job co-modding the PSP forum with me. He knows a lot on the system, more than I do, contributes with good topics, and hangs around there for the most part. He writes FAQ's and helps members out as well with system information, so I don't see why not he's not fitted to be mod of the board.

Posted by The Judge

This is half based on personal friendship, and half based on the fact that I think he'd make a good mod. But that's just me. It's only the PSP board, after all.

Posted by Klarth

I don't know him personally, but he's a) a nice guy and b) knows his way around his psp, evidently. I say yes.

Posted by Iris

I don't know. He's probably be more at home in thh Art and Graphics forum.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Iris: I don't know. He's probably be more at home in thh Art and Graphics forum.

But there's already three mods there.

I personally do not think he is ready. He's improved since his 3dguitar days but I can still tell it's the same guy.

Posted by Raptor

The board doesn't get nearly enough activity to make adding another moderator prudent at this juncture. I don't trust him to do a decent job, anyway.

Posted by Iris

Quoting Hyper: But there's already three mods there.

Exactly. I'm saying, in the only place where it'd kinda make sense to put him, doesn't need him. Maybe when there's an opening for something we know he's good at. Otherwise, it may be a good diea for him to wait.

Posted by Dexter

Is this a joke? We don't need him. That board doesn't need him. If it did, why can't we just add someone who is already a mod? We still have a pawful of mods who could easily take on more responsibility.

Posted by MetalVox~55

vXChrisVGvb (5:51:29 PM): k, well do me a favor. Mod forum vote Velvet Nightmare to co-mod PSP with me, no. He's cheating his way in, ie. telling people to vote for him
Xx Scott (5:52:40 PM): ok

Posted by Pit

This is true. I understand him wanting to be a mod, but asking people, well I'm just not down with it. I'm not against him, because he's my friend and I think he is good for the job, but PM'ing people, and constantly IM'ing them to vote for him seems like a terrible way to become a mod. I don't think people should be pressure to vote for him just because he's a friend. I wanted him to co-mod because like I said, I think he's ready. Obviously, may here think differently, which is just fine with me. Either way, it won't affect me.

When I created this poll, it wasn't because he asked me, but my own free will. Now I feel like he's basically taking advantage of the whole situation and telling people to vote for him.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Pit: This is true. I understand him wanting to be a mod, but asking people, well I'm just not down with it. I'm not against him, because he's my friend and I think he is good for the job, but PM'ing people, and constantly IM'ing them to vote for him seems like a terrible way to become a mod. I don't think people should be pressure to vote for him just because he's a friend. I wanted him to co-mod because like I said, I think he's ready. Obviously, may here think differently, which is just fine with me. Either way, it won't affect me.

When I created this poll, it wasn't because he asked me, but my own free will. Now I feel like he's basically taking advantage of the whole situation and telling people to vote for him.

Yeah, he seemed ****ed at me when he found out I voted against it. :/

Posted by Jesse Smith

Next time don't tell him you made the poll until after every one votes!

Posted by Hyper

Ha, now that's a good idea. And it came from Jesse!

wewt 2000 posts!

Posted by Shin-Ra

Raptor already covered a little of this, but I'll elaborate on my own opinion anyway. The board doesn't need another mod. I don't want to hear him complaining either because I believe I was here longer than him without ever being modded and I never posted as badly as him (first two weeks excluded). The fact he spent so long making poor posts doesn't help me like or trust him either. Plus, he's asking for to be a mod anyway isn't he? There has to be a board that needs another mod and there has to be someone more qualified for it anyway.

Posted by sabre

Um, no. He seems a nice enough guy, but I doubt he can take the job.