Scariest game you ever played.

Posted by Ch

Whats the scariest game you've played? Mine has to be Silent Hill 3. pretty strange game. the enemies were all disfigured & mutated. My secondary scariest game has to be Resident Evil Zero. Just because of leech zombies. please share with me your thoughts.

Posted by Unite

back in the day resident evil 2, I can't recall any other games.

Posted by Prince Redon

Resident Evil really wasn't that scary to me....I think Silent Hill was one of the scariest games...The Suffering would have to be another one of them...

Posted by Xenos

I'm not a sucker of horror titles, so I'll go with the only considerably creepy game, Parasite Eve. I didn't finish it, because my mom would have killed me, as a little kid, playing a "violent" game... and because I was a cowardly little 4 graders when I first laid hands on it.

Posted by Mixhael

Resident Evil 2 kept me on the edge of my seat. I was easily scared by the zombies and zombie dogs.

Posted by Fiindil

i haven't played too many scary titles, probably playing the first Devil May Cry in the dark, first time around, the marionettes scared the living hell out of me

Posted by inequity

Pokemon channel. Now that game was scary.

*oscar*

Posted by Speedfreak

None, really. Games just aren't very scary at all.

Posted by Dexter

Turok 2. Trying to preserve my ammo was difficult. It kept me on the edge.

Posted by Bebop

When I was younger I got scared easily. I got nightmares from Resi 2 and even though Speedy was in the room with me I was still scared in Turok 2.

Hell, BOTH of us CRIED when we came to Bowsers door in Mario World. But thats because we were young

Posted by Proto Man

Heh, it doesn't have to be a 3D graphic game to be scary.

Try a little game for the NES called Uninvited made by Kemco. It is this First Person/RPG type game where you wander around in an old house, checking it out. The game is creepy enough in itself, but try playing it the dark! *shivers*

Another game is Deja Vu by the same company for the same system. Not as scary as Uninvited, but playing it in the dark gives me the shivers. Especially when you run into guys like him!

Posted by Dexter

Shadowgate was another spine-chilling game.

Posted by Fiindil

oh yeah that reminds me, Dino Crisis one, the year it came out, in the dark, and i was about 10-12?, scary ****

Posted by Shin-Ra

A few games have their moments, so I'll go through some. Resident Evil 2 was my first. I played it right after it came out and it literally made me too terrified to sleep. I had never seen anything like that... then I played the Silent Hill series (except the first, I haven't gotten around to it). Silent Hill 2's story was absolutely horrifying and some of the events in the game were pretty disturbing (moster rape anyone?). Silent Hill 3's settings were pretty creepy but the game as a whole didn't do too much for me, though it was fun. Silent Hill 4 (which I'm playing now) is probably the best in the series in the scare department. Feeling absolutely helpless against some enemies (the ghosts), watching people that you meet die in horrible fashions with numbers carved into their flesh, and the claustrophobia of the room itself where you're unable to control your surroundings which slowly turns against you.

The most original 'scary' game I've ever played is Eternal Darkness. Any game that makes me think my system has reset, I've lost saved data, or made me watch my death over and over again doesn't necessarily scare me, but provokes an enthusiastic 'wtf' and frustrates me to no end. It's still a good game and I'd put it up there with the best of the Horror games if only for uniqueness.

Also, I'm pretty interested in playing the Fatal Frame games. Are these any good?

Posted by Foxy McCloud

Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Please understand, I was very young at the time and through stereo speakers the sound was very chilling. Especialy at night. Since then I've grown up and no video game has been able to scare me.

Posted by Dexter

I think one of the very first games that scared me was Willow on the NES. The caves were terrifying, especially with that dark, ominous music playing. *quivers*

Posted by Proto Man

Descent, is another game that gives me the shivers. I guess it's because you are going through tunnels, and you don't know what is around the next corner.

Posted by Corrupt

I'm going to copy/paste a post of mine from elsewhere, because it explains everything I wanted to explain. Plus, I'm too lazy to type a new one.

I love the survival horror genre of games, but it's a shame, because I don't have many of them.

One that instantly springs to mind is The 7th Guest for PC/Macintosh. This was back when I had my old Macintosh Performa, before I could connect to the internet... ahh, but the memories, the memories. One of the more stand-out memories involves staying up until 4 AM playing The 7th Guest... it scared the hell out of me back then, since I was around 8 or so... but really. It was a great game, and I'd do almost anything to get ahold of a Windows XP copy, even though I've been through hell trying to find one.

I also wanted to get The 11th Hour by the same creators of The 7th Guest, but... alas, I didn't. Bummer.

And one other game that springs to mind is Zanac for the original NES. Now, some of you that've played the game may be wondering, "What's so scary about it?" Well... you see, I was around 3 or 4 when I first played it. My mom and I really enjoyed it... but one night right before bed, I was playing it, and got really far, almost to the last boss. I then ran out of lives, and the pure black "Game Over" screen showed up. Well, there was this music that played when that happened... I still remember exactly how it went, even though I haven't played it since I was really young. Anyway, later that night, I had the most horrific nightmare I can recall to this day... and during the horrible dream, that "game over" music from Zanac was playing. I won't go into details, though... *shudders* It popped up in my dreams quite often throughout the years... I'm glad I never remember my nightmares anymore. And on a side note, the "Game Over" screen from Zelda 2 on the NES also has a significant history in scaring the living **** out of me... but I won't go into detail on that, either.

Oh, and who can ignore Eternal Darkness? *grin* Last summer was full of nights of heavy doses of caffeine, friends spending the night, midnight walks to the beach, and staying up until 5 AM being scared ****less by none other than Eternal Darkness. I really need to pick that game up again and re-visit its twisted world... ahhh.

Oh, and I DID find a PC copy of The 7th Guest at a thrift store a week ago... I was really excited, but I knew deep down that it would be way too old to run on my PC. :( Oh well, I'm over it...

Posted by Speedfreak

[QUOTE=Bebop]When I was younger I got scared easily. I got nightmares from Resi 2 and even though Speedy was in the room with me I was still scared in Turok 2.

Hell, BOTH of us CRIED when we came to Bowsers door in Mario World. But thats because we were young

Posted by gamecorner

resident evil 2

Posted by Dude-A 34

Hell mine was parasite eve when I was little.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Playing Hexen late at night. I don't usually find games particularily scary though.

Posted by Nizmo

I've never encountered a really 'scary' game before. Most of mine are either sports games, racing simulators, combat games or platform ones. And they can't get very scary, obviously, because of the genre. The only game I can think of atleast flinching at is Alien Trilogy for the PSOne. I can remember a couple of times I'd jump up at seeing the site of opening an elevator and being jumped on by some spooky aliens. Killing the Queen Alien was pretty creepy too. That's about it, really.

Posted by Boner

DOOM III. Playing this game in the dark before you go to bed makes for some very interesting dreams. Also, walking through a dark hallway in your house after playing this in the dark is kinda creepy. You know nothing is there, but you can't help but be ready for something to jump out at you. I love this game :devil:

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Protoman: Heh, it doesn't have to be a 3D graphic game to be scary.

Try a little game for the NES called Uninvited made by Kemco. It is this First Person/RPG type game where you wander around in an old house, checking it out. The game is creepy enough in itself, but try playing it the dark! *shivers*

Another game is Deja Vu by the same company for the same system. Not as scary as Uninvited, but playing it in the dark gives me the shivers. Especially when you run into guys like him!

Yeah, sometimes those old games are the creepiest. Something about the outdated graphics and simplicity just makes it erie. Kind of like black and white films.

Anyway, the scariest game I've played is either silent hill 2 or REmake.

Posted by The Nomad

I would have to go with Doom 3 because the zombies always surprised me. Also I usually played it in the dark so that also could have been a scary factor.

Posted by Crazy K

Silent Hill 2 most definetally. I get so scared when playing it.

Posted by Dexter

Taboo: The Sixth Sense. I really don't know how that didn't cross over my mind before. Maybe because I put it above scary, maybe threatening and star-crossed. I had tremendous difficulty sleeping the night after I played this game because of the way it set my imagination towards certain thoughts. I didn't play it again until an entire year later, when NES Queen mentioned something about it. Malicious spirits.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Crazy K: Silent Hill 2 most definetally. I get so scared when playing it.

Believe it or not, I get creeped out just by looking at the box! The game is strange and gloomy. Playing any silent hill kind of puts you in a depressed kind of mood, if you know what I mean. Its just so sad and melancholy.

Posted by buddha

Scariest game I ever played would be the first resident evil on playstation because I was only about 10 when I played it but even now the music is enough to bring back the fear!.

Posted by Buneasta

Resident Evil. Then Silent Hill 3.

Posted by Night Owl

right when Max Payne came out, i beat almost the whole game but i just couldnt do the rest.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I know this might not be the scariest but Max Payne. This one level where you're in a dream like state and you have to stay on the trail of blood. Very difficult. That and Resident Evil 4. freaky

Posted by Cena

my most scariest played game was SIREN and second was RESIDENT EVIL ZERO

Posted by Brenty

I would say, Silent Hill 1 for playstation, I can remember walking to my cousins house and he was playing it in the dark when I was only about ten, I had to walk home I almost **** myself when I saw a dog run across the road, The second scariest game would have to be Resident Evil 2`s Music in the mansion, It scaried the hell out of me.

Posted by -Shadow-

Yes I'll go with the typical Resident Evil and Silent Hill, but a game that really creeped me out was Sanitarium (Pc) the whole premise of the game was spine tingling. Another game that (for some reason) creeps me out is the first Myst. It's probably due to the fact that everything is abandoned throughout the game.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

I say Alone in the dark it freak me out alot

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

I'd have to go with Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Reqiuem. Pretty f***ing scary if you ask me.

Posted by Slade

This is a little embarrasing, but one of the scariest games I've played was 40 Winks for the PSone. I rented it when I was pretty young, and had no idea what it was about. As soon as I started a game, two things freaked me out:
1. I couldn't figure out the controls(and no manual), so I felt powerless against the mosters, and...
2. The animations when the dark monsters are swallowing your character whole were creepy, and pretty much the way the things moved scared me.
Sanitarium was really creepy, too, with the deformed, deranged children... Peg-leg! >:0

Posted by Communique

Scariest game for me was Silent Hill. The invisible ghost babies with knives freaked me out.

Posted by Bebop

I jumped once at Luigis Mansion. Midnight, big screen, loud speakers, sitting close to TV, blackout in Mansion and a ghost suddenl- BOO!...Did I sace you? ;-*

Posted by Saruin

Clocktower 2. I remember when I first came to relize; No matter what I did or where I went, The son-of-a-***** would get to me. That was actually one of the first and only open-ended horror games made. I kinda wish they would make more, the replay value on games like that are almost limitless.

Posted by Colonel

Super Mario All Star. **** those baseballs travel faaaast! :eek:

Posted by Domino

Resident Evil 4 = scary shiz