Advent Rising

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Has anyone played this game yet. I haven't really heard alot about it, but from what I have heard. This game looks cool. Can someone tell me if its worth renting or buying.

Posted by kinco

I couldn't tell you. I was going to check this game out, but from what I've seen in the reviews, it isn't even worth a rent.

Posted by TwilightPrincess2

anybody here want to give me a blowjob??
anybody at all? ill pay u handsomely any body want to give me a blowjob

Posted by Dmaster_chief

Ya man, I just got it the other day and I was so addicted! I played through it in two days. And for me to say its good means its good, its the first game Ive played in 6 months thats not Halo 2 on Live. It has an awesome story line and plays as good as it looks. I reccomend it. The game itself progresses amazingly and has some pretty sweet cutscenes. And the music...DOPE! Im ready to buy the CD. I already downloaded some of the songs. So, Advent Rising is a pretty good game. Give it a try sometime, you wont be disappointed.

Posted by Mini Rebew

i heard it was allright but the bugs make it really hard to play, i think ill rent it and see how i like it

Posted by William

Well, I haven't played it and likely never will, but from what I've seen...

The graphics as well as the gameplay sucks ***.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, pretty much what William said. This game is a waste of money, but if you must, at least rent it.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

OK I rented the game and beat it in about 3 days. It took me this long because at times I would have to quit playing because of the bugs. The game is buggy and its hard to hear the dialouge at times. But you people who are not going to play it jsut because it looks bad are not being far. The game is fun and when you turn the volume up and listen to the story...its pretty good. Before you just throw the game to the side you should at least rent it and play it some. Its really fun when the frame rate keeps up.

Posted by Revolver Ocelot

I haven't played this game myself. I really want to. Looks awesome!!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I heard the game was good but its graphics are a little dated and there are a lot of frame rate issues.

Posted by Arczu

I'm surprised about what i'e heard about this game from this thread so far... man. I was so exited to play it when it came out. A part of me has stirred away from playing. That's the weak "lazy" part.

I'm still going to play it, because it, to me, looks like a good game. Shifty stuff going.

Posted by boomstick

I've played it and I think that most of the reveiws are very harsh, espically Gamespot's 5.6/10, way too low.

It has it's fair share of problems, like the framerate, the somewhat lacking element of storytelling, not necessarily story, itself and the targeting system, but overall it's a pretty solid fun game.

The story is the usually mankind on the brink of ending, few or one person must save or revive it type of deal, but it's just not presented all that well, but if you dig abit you'll find you'll like this as much as most Sci Fi driven movies or games.

The gameplay isn't bad, at all, if not for the crazy targeting system and usual choppy framerate you can easily get past those flaws.

It's not revolunitary or innovative by any means whatsoever, but it's a solid and fun game that I'd give about a 7/10, worth a rental.

Though I must say the music is great, probably the best aspect of the game.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]From what i've been reading, i'm really interested in the storyline, it's quite unique, and can't wait to hear what all the hype is about the music. Because of that i'll most certainly buy it eventually, even if the game itself isn't too great.

It reminds me a lot of Beyond Good & Evil which had a decent gameplay mechanic, but other attributes like the music and story made it an excellent game nonetheless.[/COLOR]

Posted by EliteVideoGames

Its ok...

Might as well play HALO

Posted by vgmaster13

well just rent it im sure its not a complete waste of time
the graphics are a little outdated but it has a flick targeting system and has a good soundtrack and noises. but alaways rent it if you want to know if its any good cause never belive what some of those websites give it they do it on a strict basis and just rent it to find out if you like or not