TrickyPockets vs. Lunairetic

Posted by TrickyPockets

OOC: I'm still pretty new to the unorthodox style, but not to sim-battling. Feel free to give me any comments about that, or anything else. Sorry for taking so long to do this, as well.

IC:
Trichius Mindwaker, an odd little man, stood there stoicly, reflecting on random things going through his head. At least they were somewhat related to his situation. No one knew about Trichius around these parts, because he was a complete stranger to these lands. The only people that would know about him were back home... but then again, back home was destroyed.

Whatever strange fortune, fate, or turns of events had brought him here didn't really matter. Questions were for the unstable and the unsure. The only question Trichius really had was what this new group he joined was going to be like. He wondered if they would appreciate his unique and foreign skills. After all, there was no one else in the universe who used the Edana Arts. He liked this group's name, though, 'The Thunder Clash Clan.' Trichius was very fond of thunder.

Now Trichius stood in a large arena, maybe it was an ancient battlefield. It was basically a very green, grassy plain stretching for a mile lengthwise before hitting rolling hills and forest on one side, and a steep cliff on the other. The width was about half a mile, and on the edges of the plain were large boulder buildups. Trichius found the incredibly large amount of rocks found on the width's edge of the plain rather fascinating.

Trichius just stood there in pretty much the center of the grassy plain. He wore the usual, his heavy body armor which all his weapons hooked onto somehow, his tight but flexible undershirt under that, his belt holding his loose pants up, two Edana wristbands, and special shoes. Man those shoes still felt nice, and they still looked nice too.

By the time Trichius drifted his from the sky, down to his shoes to adore and smile at them, and back to the sky, dark, ominous clouds gathered overhead and it started to sprinkle ever so slightly. The funny non-Earthling smiled at this. He knew that his scheduled opponent, although he didnt' know much about this opponent, would be coming to the plain soon. Yet forgetting about that, he smiled up at the sky, not so stoicly now.

"I like rain, and I certainly like lightning..."

Posted by S

OoC: Y'know... I don't normally do this, but I feel like letting you have first strike as well. I just set up the meeting, do the rest as you like.

"So... I'm not supposed to kill him?"

"
Yep."

She stared blankly in Crono's direction. "
But... but... dude! You so killed my mood."

He grinned, she loathed him. That's how it pretty much went with everyone she tolerated. "
So... I can't do the whole-"

"
Nope," he chuckled, as he cut her off.

"
**** you."

Thunder roared in the heavens above, she could feel the electricity between them reflected in the atmosphere; forboding the event that was about to unfold. The little man stood quaintly in the middle of their destined meeting place, a very basic grassland bordered by several different types of terrain and life forms. Nothing special, nothing odd about him either. She couldn't help but inquire what perked Crono's interest in this commoner... but then again, she had always known better to judge someone before they've thrown a punch in her direction.

She gazed at him from a distance, his features barely discernable in the darkness that covered the earth from above. Now how should she do this? He's a team mate it seemed... Thunder Clash, she couldn't help but grin at her own stupidity, being tied down to an organization. He's a team mate... so should I blow his socks off? Or... what? She couldn't make up her mind, this was always the hard part in her book. The entrance, the first strike. How to carry it out. She prefered to attack before even exchanging words; it was easier to respect a warrior upon merit rather than their frame of intelligence, because a lot of the time... that was lacking. Yet she'd been taught to be humane by him, that man... so she would do just that.

A single bolt of lightning tore through the sky, light blaring from it's pure force; a blinding flash enveloping the entirity of the arena. Striking the earth before Trichius, the ground sizzled and a cloud of dust raised from the smoldering ash. Shielding his eyes with his arm, he slowly brought it down to inspect what laid before him. Focusing his eyes, he wondered if this was his opponent. "
Nope."

A voice came from the east, a good fifty yards to be aproximate. It was the voice of a woman, very powerful in tone but she wasn't shouting. Somehow her voice carried to his ears without losing any luster nor any volume. "
That was just random... I'll never do that. Too flashy, way over rated."

He turned his body to meet her general direction, she was still far off but he could make out her figure. She was slender it seemed, but the large trench coat she wore covered her figure. As she grew closer, he could see the white-to-black camo-cargo pants that laid neatly upon her boots. "
The name is Seraph... or Serra if you please. Anyone who is acquainted with me calls me Serra."

He paused, gathering himself for a response, she continued to speak as she drew closer. "
He wants to test you I guess... I don't know why Crono sent me."

This time she paused, her step stopping. Bringing her hand to her chin and surveying the area out of habit, thinking, she continued. "
I'm not exactly... a people person, nor am I someone you can really trust once I enter a fight. That said... take care of yourself or I may eviscerate you quite fast."

Closing the gap between them to about five meters, she finished off her rambling, "Not to sound cocky either... please don't take it that way. I'm just speaking from experience," she laughed, "
I'm just... that... way."

Raising her index and middle finger to the top of her brow, she tapped it to her forehead and then away from instantly. A sloppy salute, to portray some sort of respect for a fellow fighter... or something.

Posted by TrickyPockets

As Trichius waited for his opponent, a single lightning bolt shot down, singing the ground directly in front of him. He at first wondered if his opponent would be entering like that, but obviously not. Then he heard his opponent speak, it was a female's voice from far away, yet still clear and crisp as if spoken up close. [COLOR=Navy]"That was just random... I'll never do that. Too flashy, way over rated."[/COLOR]

Then Trichius turned to see his female opponent, donned in a large trench coat and white-to-black camo-cargo pants, ever approaching. She continued to speak.

[COLOR=Navy]"The name is Seraph... or Serra if you please. Anyone who is acquainted with me calls me Serra." "He wants to test you I guess... I don't know why Crono sent me." [/COLOR]

Then after pausing, she continued, [COLOR=Navy]"I'm not exactly... a people person, nor am I someone you can really trust once I enter a fight. That said... take care of yourself or I may eviscerate you quite fast."[/COLOR]

Trichius was thinking of what to say to this fighter, for he had not yet spoken. He didn't get a chance to reply just yet, because she stopped now, five meters in front of him to say, [COLOr=Navy]"Not to sound cocky either... please don't take it that way. I'm just speaking from experience," she laughed, "I'm just... that... way."[/COLOR]

Then finally after what seemed like a silly salute to Trichius, he responded. [COLOR=Gold] "Yeah... back at you. Let's just go then, you can judge me by my skills, not by whatever else," [/COLOR] Trichius paused for a moment, then continued, [COLOR=Gold]"And that lightning thing? Don't try it." [/COLOR]

Trichius instantly took advantage of their close range. After taking but two steps forward, he was ready to dish out an Elronian technique called Treku. In those two steps, Trichius noticed the size advantage he had, which he surmised would give him a power advantage as well. Trichius stands at about 6 feet and 2 inches, weighing around 200 pounds, making him at least half a foot taller than the girl he now faced. Noticing her build, though, he knew she would be very fast. Now Trichius focused on his attack, seeing his opponent brace herself in a defensive stance since she noticed him approaching. Right away with this technique, Trichius threw his right arm in hard to divert the blocking attempt. As his opponent moved her arms to stop the advancing right arm of Trichius, Trichius instantly stepped into the next part of the attack with great agility. He swung his left hand in for a quick, unblocked punch to her abdomen. Still not allowing her any time to react, Trichius punched her five more times in the same fashion, alternating fists each time.

As she took all that pain to her abdomen, all dealt to her in less than a second, she started to back up a little, with Trichius advancing with her to still land every punch. Then right after the last punch, he kicked with his right foot upward. This kick didn't exactly launch her, but it made her clutch her abdomen and pelvis area in pain, allowing Trichius for one last punch he decided to throw in- a wicked uppercut. Now this punch sent Serra rocketing up in the air, perhaps higher than 15 feet. Then after spinning from the power of his punch, Trichius braced himself against the ground, saying something in Elronian. Edana runes on his wristbands and belt sprung to life with a bright aura.

While Serra was in mid-air, Trichius threw his hands down from above his head, all the way to the ground, perhaps looking rather funny, like he was playing a vicious game of patty cake with the ground. However, with this motion, he summoned a lightning bolt to strike his opponent. The lightning bolt shot down right through Serra, sending her back down to the ground as it thoroughly shocked her. Trichius wasn't quite sure of her elemental relationship to lightning, but Trichius did know that as he backed up from where he stood, ready to defend himself, the ground where the lightning bolt shot down Serra to was singed, smoke and bits of raw energy rising up from it, and Serra didn't look to good.

"Eh, she'll be fine. No matter what wounds she sustained, I'm sure she will be eager to come back for more."