DS pwned PSP at E3

Posted by Speedfreak

Here's something you might find interesting. The amount of DS and PSP titles shown at E3 are as follows:

DS: 72
PSP: 66

Now, that's 6 more games than PSP. Let's subtract ports of games, rehashes or compilations from both figures.

PSP: 37
DS: 62

OPPS LOL.

DS is clearly producing more titles and more orginal titles right now, than PSP. And given the fact that DS games are quicker and cheaper to produce, DS will consistently have more original titles than PSP. With a good 20ish AAA titles (my personal opinion, and I'm quite picky) coming out by the end of this year, the DS is really going to start to rocket away from the competition. Hooray for innovation and originality.

Posted by Boner

Here's another little fact. Nintendo has yet to put out more than 3 titles that appeal to me. I'm still a Nintendo fan. But, if I don't start seeing more titles out of them that gain my interest, then my DS will be going up on ebay. I will then use those funds to replace it with PSP games.

Posted by thelaststand

i would have to agree w/ opeth on this one

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Here's another little fact. Nintendo has yet to put out more than 3 titles that appeal to me. I'm still a Nintendo fan. But, if I don't start seeing more titles out of them that gain my interest, then my DS will be going up on ebay. I will then use those funds to replace it with PSP games

Soon :D

Posted by Apathetic

****** announce Shin Megami Tensei >.<

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Speedfreak:
DS is clearly producing more titles and more orginal titles right now.

Too bad almost all of them suck.

#1 pushed game? Nintendogs. For the DS gamer with pet Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Quoted post: Too bad almost all of them suck.

Castlevania, Viewtiful Joe, Sonic, et cetera. All seem pretty awesome to me.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Velvet I want you to explain why they suck.

Great games coming out...
CastleVania
Advance wars
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Mario and luigi Superstar saga 2
New Mario bros
007 - (Golden eye or rogue agent) (Can't remember)
And more, Just cant remember them.

Oh yeah, Vietiful Joe also. Supposedly going to be the best game out for DS.

Quoting NightmareBassX: Velvet I want you to explain why they suck.

CastleVania
Advance wars
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Mario and luigi Superstar saga 2
New Mario bros
007 - (Golden eye or rogue agent) (Can't remember)
And more, Just cant remember them.

Oh yeah, Vietiful Joe also. Supposedly going to be the best game out for DS.

Edit:

Quoting NightmareBassX:
CastleVania
Advance wars
New Mario bros

Posted by Speedfreak

[url="http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?wherefrom=comingsoon&web_dept=Nintendo+DS"]http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/deptpage.asp?wherefrom=comingsoon&web_dept=Nintendo+DS[/url]

If you can't find more than 5 games that interest you, you're turning a blind eye, frankly. Here's my wanted games from that list:

Kirby Cursed Canvas
Bomberman DS
Meteos
Nanostray
Pac'n'roll
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Nintendogs
Lost in Blue
Viewtiful Joe DS
Castlevania
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Tony Hawk: American Wasteland
Mario Kart DS
Electroplankton
Metroid Pinball
Pheonix Wright: Ace Attourney (hell it just sounds odd)
Snowboard Kids DS
Sonic Rush
Animal Crossing
Mario and Luigi 2

That's 20 games this year.

Quoted post: Pheonix Wright: Ace Attourney (hell it just sounds odd)

There's a game I'm very interested. I've only heard good things about the series, and the concept just seems far to original (for North America) to pass up.

Quoting Vampiro: There's a game I'm very interested. I've only heard good things about the series, and the concept just seems far to original (for North America) to pass up.

I'll admit, I would like to play it as well. The concept feels very Katamari Damacy or Mr. Mosquito-ish

Posted by Random

Yeah honestly nothing in the DS line up even semi makes me want to buy one. It's just not worth it. I like maybe 1 or 2 titles. Speedfreak i'm disappointed in you... It should be quality over quantity. It's like the PS2 against the Gamecube lets say. Sony has way more games but the majority suck B*lls. While the Gamecube has way less but better quality in Gaming. Sure the DS Has 6 more games but the PSP has games that are perhaps better in quality. I am highly looking forward to getting my own PSP with Twisted Metal, GTA, Metal Gear Acid, Tales of Eternia, Final Fantasy VII Chrisis Core, Gran Turismo 4, Mobile Suit Gundam, and those are just a few of the many Titles I look forward to. So far I don't desire to have a DS. The PSP Looks like a great thing and it's fairly beasty.

Thats just my argument but what can I say thats why I'll probably never buy a DS.

Quoted post: It should be quality over quantity

Looking at the list, I say it's both.

Posted by Arczu

I'm not sure why people hate the DS so much anyway. It's nearly the same thing with the Gamecube

I mean, sure not all of the titles sound interesting, but everybody should at least know what's in a game before tossing it out the window.

Posted by boomstick

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers
Castlevania DS
Mario And Luigi 2
Metroid Prime Hunters
Advance Wars DS
Viewtiful Joe DS

Those look good.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Arczu]play the games, arguing is pointless rather than just proving a number collectivly.

Posted by Random

Actually few games I see for the PSP are ones that are on the PS2/PS... Example GT4. The New GTA, Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, Final Fantasy and so on and so forth are exclusive titles to the PSP. Those are huge titles that aren't fully promising to be the Best but probably promising to be good. But your right it is oppinion and im just using my oppinion. ^_^

Posted by Drewboy64

I honostly think DS is owning PSP in its gameplay. DS has way better games coming out, while PSP is staying boring. While PSP has all those great functions, DS has coming out soon: Kirby: Canvas Curse; Meteos; Nanostray; Metroid Prime Hunters; Advance Wars Dual Strike; Viewtiful Joe DS (which has amazing graphics); Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow; Sonic Rush; Age of Empires: The Age of Kings; Shogun Empires; The Sims 2; Mario Kart DS; Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; Animal Crossing DS; Prince of Persia 3; Final Fantasy III; Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles; Trace Memory (Another Code); Harvest Moon DS; Katamari Damacy; Legend of Zelda DS; New Super Mario Bros (with co-op play); Nintendogs (three versions); Pokemon Diamond; Pokemon Pearl; Super Princess Peach; Mario and Luigi 2; Elektroplankton.

And that's just some of the games coming out. DS games > PSP games

Posted by TendoAddict

Even though nintedno is showing many popluar titles, most of them are still sequals for games that already exsist. But the thing about that is that every game will be most likely innovative even if it is a sequal.

Which is more that I can say for the psp titles. Does any one think GTA-psp is going to be near as fun or as innovative as GTA:SA. *** I hope not. So I can forsee while some games being good, most will just be downgrades of previous titles. And many people will be ok with that. But then again I dont buy new systems to play the same games.

Posted by powerpuff

What happened to the American play-yan

Posted by Night Owl

i would have to so the only DS game that looks good to me would have to be...uuuh...wait...NONE!

Posted by Random

Quoting TendoAddict: Even though nintedno is showing many popluar titles, most of them are still sequals for games that already exsist. But the thing about that is that every game will be most likely innovative even if it is a sequal.

Urg... I have to say so far the Best DS Titles or the Best Titles to come out were already out. Not so much the Sequels. Mario 64, WarioWare, Final Fantasy III, Animal Crossing, and so on and so forth. They were already out. There are some sequels like Metroid with Hunters, and Mario Kart with Mario Kart DS. But honestly I don't see much to phaze me into buying one. If I bought one, there'd be a price drop and I'd probably just buy Final Fantasy III until something better came out. Perhaps a 3D Zelda Game.

Posted by Mini Rebew

pretty much im going to buy and decent game that comes out for the ds because it offers a uniqe and fresh expirience that i enjoy.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Vampiro: Castlevania, Viewtiful Joe, Sonic, et cetera. All seem pretty awesome to me.

Castlevania looks quite tempting but Im holding back on it.

Posted by Pit

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Urg... I have to say so far the Best DS Titles or the Best Titles to come out were already out. Not so much the Sequels. Mario 64, WarioWare, Final Fantasy III, Animal Crossing, and so on and so forth. They were already out. There are some sequels like Metroid with Hunters, and Mario Kart with Mario Kart DS. But honestly I don't see much to phaze me into buying one. If I bought one, there'd be a price drop and I'd probably just buy Final Fantasy III until something better came out. Perhaps a 3D Zelda Game.

WarioWare isn't a remake, it's a new game.

And what about New Super Mario Bros., Viewtiful Joe DS, Metroid Dread, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Advance Wars: DS, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers, and other original titles shown?

Posted by Random

Meh... But still theres nothing super there. I mean most of the games are 2D. They have some 3D Games but it just seems boring. I mean most of the games coming out for it, if they aren't already out, they look to be doll and boring. I'm not saying they'll all be bad or anything but if their at all like their prequels, they'll probably be fairly poor. At least for me. I didn't like Viewful Joe. I liked Mario and all so that'll probably be a decent title, not sure about Guilds of War, and Metroid was... Ugh... Blah for the DS. I played Metroid Hunter Demo and it was terrible. I couldn't get into it at all.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Night Owl: i would have to so the only DS game that looks good to me would have to be...uuuh...wait...NONE!

I'm sorry that this is off-topic, but what was the point of this post? Oh yeah, I forgot that you strive to make yourself look like an idiot with every post you make.

[quote]

Nanostray
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Lost in Blue
Viewtiful Joe DS
Castlevania
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Mario Kart DS
Snowboard Kids DS
Sonic Rush
Animal Crossing

My games.

Posted by Random

No I think he posted that to show that he doesn't like any of the Games for the DS. Nor do I. Other than Mario. I can't really stand the DS. I think it's a poor quality system, and I bet Nintendo will make another handheld soon. I'm sure the Rev will be great but the DS was poorly thought over.

Posted by Shade

You see, it's the way he said it. He made himself look like the six year-old I always thought he was. You said in a way that was thought out, and somewhat eloquent.

The main reason I got my DS. Animal Crossing.

Posted by Pit

Quoting SomebodyRandom: No I think he posted that to show that he doesn't like any of the Games for the DS. Nor do I. Other than Mario. I can't really stand the DS. I think it's a poor quality system, and I bet Nintendo will make another handheld soon. I'm sure the Rev will be great but the DS was poorly thought over.

The DS wasn't... poorly thought over at all.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting SomebodyRandom: No I think he posted that to show that he doesn't like any of the Games for the DS. Nor do I. Other than Mario. I can't really stand the DS. I think it's a poor quality system, and I bet Nintendo will make another handheld soon. I'm sure the Rev will be great but the DS was poorly thought over.

I bet you don't even know what half it's games are. :rolleyes:

Posted by Shade

Half? Don't give him so much credit. Pft, I don't even know what half of them are.

Posted by Random

Oh so you mean 5 Games? lol jk.. but it doesn't have a large library at all so far...

But Quality over Quantity but nothing so far is very suprising... I like Mario 64 don't get me wrong but what honestly is awesome about the DS? I'm not even slightly amused by it.. ugh im goin to bed

Posted by Mini Rebew

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Meh... But still theres nothing super there. I mean most of the games are 2D. They have some 3D Games but it just seems boring. I mean most of the games coming out for it, if they aren't already out, they look to be doll and boring. I'm not saying they'll all be bad or anything but if their at all like their prequels, they'll probably be fairly poor. At least for me. I didn't like Viewful Joe. I liked Mario and all so that'll probably be a decent title, not sure about Guilds of War, and Metroid was... Ugh... Blah for the DS. I played Metroid Hunter Demo and it was terrible. I couldn't get into it at all.

thats why the ds isnt for you, i like the ds because i like 2d games.

Posted by Bebop

Woot! Snowboard Kids!

Posted by Klarth

There's a Snowboard Kids DS?! Where!

Posted by Bebop

Just take a look at any game site really.

The kids have grown off and seem to be hardcore. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

ha, i cant even name 10 ds games off the top of my head. 60+ is amazing. i never new taht many existed. the psp, with all those ports, just seems like another ps2 realy. 'cept it'll be handheld. still worth buying i spose.

Quoting Jak Pattinson: with all those ports, just seems like another ps2 realy. 'cept it'll be handheld.

Please explain why you can get the same experiance playing a driving game on the PS2 as you can on a PSP. Or any game, for that matter.

Posted by Random

Yeah honestly I can't name many port games at all so far... Mostly new Games. DS Has some Port Games aswell.

PSP>PS2 :-P

Quoting SomebodyRandom:
PSP>PS2 :-P

True, by way of processor power, actually.

The PSP has a 333MHz processor, while the original PS2 had a 300MHz processor. The PSTwo has a 294.9MHz processor, which really does put the PSP on top. [spoiler]Thank you Google[/spoiler]

Posted by Speedfreak

PSTwo doesn't have a weaker processer than PS2. If it did, it wouldn't be able to run PS2 games now would it?:) PSP also lacks a graphics chip, so PS2 is still more powerful.