If you could get 30 gigs of space & 200 gigs bw for $20, would you?

Posted by scylla22

If you could get 30 gigs of space & 200 gigs bw for $20, would you?

Because I know of a site offering this current promotion right now.

Posted by Ant

Thanks for the hot info! Perhaps if you actually gave the name of the site...

Posted by sabre

That'd all depend on whether I was trying to set up a website or no.

After that, on whether the site looked professional or reputable, or no. I guess, provided it is real, that it's theoretically a good offer.

[edit: with a name like that, i personally wouldn't accept the offer, purely out of principle.]

Posted by scylla22

[quote=ColdFire]Thanks for the hot info! Perhaps if you actually gave the name of the site...

Just take a peek at my sig..

Or, heres the actual thread saying this: [URL=http://forums.pwnagehost.com/index.php?showtopic=79]Donations + Customers[/URL]

Posted by Raptor

Too bad it's called "Pwnage Hosting."

Posted by scylla22

Quoting Raptor: Too bad it's called "Pwnage Hosting."

hmm? What's so bad about it's name? I just help to moderate it, it used to be spartanx.net

Posted by Klarth

It reeks of pre-pubescent DBZ-obsessed script kiddies, that's what's wrong with the name.

Posted by Trigger

Not with a name like that. I know it's really critical to judge something purely because of its name, but if you walked into a store that was called Cons'R'us, would you buy anything from them?

Posted by Raptor

Oh dear, the server is down right now. How reliable. Maybe I've just been pwnaged.

Posted by Trigger

That's their plan, baby! Take your twenty then down-time all of you! PWN3D!

Posted by kinco

I personally went with startlogic.com. It might not have the greatest features, but 10 gigs space and 200gig bandwidth is plenty for my personal site.

Posted by scylla22

Quoting Majesty: It reeks of pre-pubescent DBZ-obsessed script kiddies, that's what's wrong with the name.

Actually majesty, take alook around vgchat. This place has tons dbz fans and even an anime forum, and also, this place is filled with the school brats, not pwnage host, stupid.

[quote=Raptor]Oh dear, the server is down right now. How reliable. Maybe I've just been pwnaged.

Yes, every server goes down, if you've ever been hosted you would know that. BTW, I've only seen them down for 10 minutes at the most, so check back right now.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting kinco: I personally went with startlogic.com. It might not have the greatest features, but 10 gigs space and 200gig bandwidth is plenty for my personal site.

200 GBs of bandwidth way too much. Video Game Chat gets a lot of hits each day, uses a lot of storage, and each month only uses about 30-40 gigs of bandwidth. If he's offering 300 for $20, then you can bet he doesn't have a clue. Do yourself a favor and find a more reliable host. Try [url=http://olm.net/]OLM[/url] or something.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Trigger: That's their plan, baby! Take your twenty then down-time all of you! PWN3D!

Talk about PWNRSHIP. :bowser:

Quoting scylla22:
Yes, every server goes down, if you've ever been hosted you would know that. BTW, I've only seen them down for 10 minutes at the most, so check back right now.

Uhm, I am hosted, and I have never seen my host server go down. It's hard to get enthused about a web hosting service whose server is down the second and fourth times you check it.

No thanks; not interested.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Kind of skimpy on the info. Doesn't mention anything about how many MySQL databases you can have, subdomains, email, telnet or SSL, or anything about the hosting server for that matter. Just numbers from what I see, so no. Until I get definate info on it I wouldn't use it.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=scylla22]Actually majesty, take alook around vgchat. This place has tons dbz fans and even an anime forum, and also, this place is filled with the school brats, not pwnage host, stupid.
The only difference being that vBulletin is managed by professional adults that know what they're doing and to register with VGChat and be a member, it's not causing you to put your hand in your pocket. You're comparing a free forum where people merely exchange ideas and openly converse as themselves to a server that's meant to bring reliability, functionality and service at a price. If anyone is "stupid" around here, it is you.

[quote]...every server goes down, if you've ever been hosted you would know that.
Funny, my hostings have never needed any downtime. If you knew anything about quality and professionalism, you would know that a good server would constantly be in control of their service and always be professional and qualified enough to ensure that down-times never happen.

Simply put, you get what you pay for. A service that costed twenty dollars, with those "offerings" would reek of downtime and instability, to be honest. The downtime that actually has taken place at Pwnage seems to confirm this.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Majesty: It reeks of pre-pubescent DBZ-obsessed script kiddies, that's what's wrong with the name.

Absolutely.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoted post: Actually majesty, take alook around vgchat. This place has tons dbz fans and even an anime forum, and also, this place is filled with the school brats, not pwnage host, stupid.

1. The 'tons dbz fans' are gay n00bs who go 'omfg dBZ pWnz0rZ!!111!11!!!11111'
2. "and also, this place is filled with the school brats, not pwnage host, stupid." We might be able to understand what you said, if you ever learnt grammar, stupid.
3. If majesty's stupid, than what are you?

Posted by Hyper

Pft, they've obviously got no idea how to run a hosting site. I'd go with [url]www.mechhosting.com[/url] - at least they're reliable.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting higbvuyb: 2. "and also, this place is filled with the school brats, not pwnage host, stupid." We might be able to understand what you said, if you ever learnt grammar, stupid.
I understood it.

[quote]3. If majesty's stupid, than what are you?

Th[SIZE=6]e[/SIZE]n.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Trigger: I understood it.
Sarcasm. I understood it as well.

[quote]Th[SIZE=6]e[/SIZE]n.

You said yourself that you shouldn't correct spelling mistekes if they aren't excessive. I know the difference between then and than.

Posted by Nep0

Nope.
I'm a cheap fellow like that ;) . stooopid!