A few music board rules... READ FIRST

Posted by Raptor

1. No slandering/insulting others because they happen to like different styles of music than you. What you consider the worst song in the world could be someone else's favourite song, and they don't deserve your abuse just because they expressed how much they enjoy it. Put someone in their place only if they are truly being ignorant, but don't get on someone's case simply for stating a preference.

2. No "what's your favourite song/album/artist" threads. The [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=72]Musical Favourites[/url] thread was designed for the very purpose of keeping the board from being cluttered with "what's your favourite/best artist/album/etc." threads.

3. Take a good look around on the forum before making a new thread, as someone else may have already created one on the same subject. We don't need more than one thread on the subject of Mudvayne, for example.

4. If you're going to make a statement like "power folk aluminum metal rules!" tell us why you think so. Put a little thought into your posts.

5. Enjoy yourself.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Raptor:
4. If you're going to make a statement like "power folk aluminum metal rules!" tell us why you think so. Put a little thought into your posts.

This one has been a problem recently. Let this be a warning that all threads (especially) or posts similar to the example that Raptor listed will be deleted on sight, no warnings. I'm tired of correcting people on this and kindly asking them to elaborate. If you want to remake the thread or post with more personal input, go for it.

For your own sake people, have enough dignity to stop mindlessly listing songs in the "currently listening to" thread and not giving any input of your own besides proving to us that you have the ability to perceive sound. That thread in particular has been deleted (moved, rather) before because it was abused by people such as this. I'm not saying I'm going to start deleting all 'BAND!!! - "SONG!!!"' posts, but some of the other mods have taken action against it in the past. Don't ruin it for everyone else, put some thought behind your posts and like Raptor said, enjoy yourselves.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Expanding on what Shin-Ra said, in the Currently Listening thread:

I want to see at least two posts between each post you make. Or an hour plus at least one post between each. Simply to cut back on the "spam" as it's not necessary. I especially don't want to see double posts with five minutes separating them.

Since it's obvious most people won't put a lot of thought into their posts in that thread, this is the next best way. No substance, fine, but don't go crazy because I will delete as many posts as I care to that break those simple rules. They really serve no purpose than to bump up your post count, since I'm sure no one cares what you're listening to every five minutes of the day.