Anyone getting Phantasy Star Universe?

Posted by kinco

I was just watching the E3 wrap-up on G4 and they gave the award for best multi-platform next-gen game to PPU. I was just wondering if anyone besides me was planning on getting this.

Posted by Burrito

I don't believe it's coming out for next gen. I just did a search for it on IGN and it says that it's only coming out for PS2 and PC. That doesn't sound like a multi-platform next-gen game. Are you sure that's right?

Posted by Poco

Heh. I thought they cancelled that. I remember I had a gamepro from November fo 2002, and a PSO ad that said "Look for Phantasy Star Universe coming summer 2003!" or something. I'll get it, though.

Posted by boomstick

It's not a next-gen, it's coming out this year for PC and PS2.

As far as getting it, no, I have no plans to get it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If it came to GAMECUBE or X-box, I'd pick it up, since it reportedly has a much better single-player mode this time. I kind of enjoyed playing even the first PSO offline, so with a more in-depth offline mode, I'm sure the game would be really fun.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

its going to come to the xbox and the gamecube as well..

Posted by Burrito

Quoting segashadow128gcn: its going to come to the xbox and the gamecube as well..

No, do a search for it on IGN.com. It says that the Gamecube and Xbox verions were "cancelled", but they made those sections before they knew what system it was coming out for. It was only really announced for the ps2.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

I wish they still let you customize your character but beside that Im going to rent it to see if I even like it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Is it actually fun this time?:)

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Is it actually fun this time?:)

Says the guy who played a few hours everyday after school! >:o

Posted by Axis

zing!

Posted by Speedfreak

I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET FUN OKAY.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

To be fair, you decided rather quickly that KOTOR wouldn't "get fun."

Posted by Bebop

I did quite enjoy PSO1 and 2 on my GC. I neevr played it only but I'd be willing to give it a go. But this game isn't a must have titel for me. UNLESS it's really special.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: I did quite enjoy PSO1 and 2 on my GC. I neevr played it only but I'd be willing to give it a go. But this game isn't a must have titel for me. UNLESS it's really special.

But this new one isn't really like PSO's, it's more like the Phantasy Star games on like the Genesis and Saturn, except with real time battle system.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Prince Shondronai: To be fair, you decided rather quickly that KOTOR wouldn't "get fun."

[COLOR=Yellow]zing zing![/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Prince Shondronai: To be fair, you decided rather quickly that KOTOR wouldn't "get fun."

That's because KOTOR was incomphrehensible.

I think I phrased it wrong, anyway. PSO was fun, just not for very long. And there were bloody great awful amounts of levelling up in it. That and finding out it comes to a dead end very quickly isn't fun.

Quoting boomstick: But this new one isn't really like PSO's, it's more like the Phantasy Star games on like the Genesis and Saturn, except with real time battle system.

You mean the games that everyone says there's a ridiculous amount of levelling up in? Fantastic!

Posted by brownoystercult

Well, if you're a Phantasy Star fan, then I recommend that you download Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst. You can download the game at [url]www.psobb.com[/url].

Posted by Poco

The open beta for it ends tomorrow, mind you. So you'll have to start paying for it.

Posted by Random

Quoting boomstick: It's not a next-gen, it's coming out this year for PC and PS2.

As far as getting it, no, I have no plans to get it.

Which sort of stinks. Originally when I saw this game, it was also supposed to come to the Box and the Cube. Which I thought would have Rocked. I'm sure it'll still do well on the PS2 and PC. I'll probably pick up the PC version though. I've developed into a PC Gamer as of late. Or at least I saw this game on the Xbox/Cube Sections on GameFaqs.