Revolution Launch titles: (suggestions)

Posted by BigBoss

For the revolution i suggest the launch titles would include:
New Mario
Super Smash Bros. Online
Mario Kart Revolution
Timesplitters 4
Sonic Adventure 3 (heroes sucked)Metal Gear Sloid 4 (i wish)

Posted by Axis

I looked at the name of the creator of the thread, and couldn't believe it. Then I realized it's just a newbie.

Anyways, I like the sound of Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, some new franchises, and may'be another Wave Race.

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

Well They NEED a mario at launch, they NEED super smash brothers at launch. And the last spot for 3 launch titles is up to them. you see, they have annouced a zelda in the works for the rev, so it's a posibility. Of course, I might just be overly optimistic.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

The New zelda is coming out for the Nintendo Gamecube I have not heared if there was one coming out for the Revolution.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

They announced it during their E3 press conference.

Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart
Mario 128/Whatever they want to call it
Metroid
And whatever else they wish to throw at us

Posted by boomstick

New Mario Platformer, No Mario Dating Sim, No Mario Rugby, No Mario Kombat, ***, please not another Mario Party, a Mario Platformer, Nintendo.

A new SSB is a no-brainer, SSBM sold 3 million+ GCN's.

Posted by powerpuff

A new Animal Crossing

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well we know that they'll continue with the Mario Party series. I think they come out with about 3 per system since the first 3 were on the 64 and the last three on the GCN. We all know that a new SSB will have to come out since it's the main reason why GCN sold so much. All I'd like to see is all those multiplayer games have online play.

So some possable titles may be:
Super Smash Online
Mario Kart Revolution Online
Animal Crossing Online

We'll just have to wait and see what the games will actually be called.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Well, I do have alot to say but a limited amount to remember, so feel lucky.

Metroid Prime 3 (Online play)
Super Smash Online (Obviously, Already announced)
Animal Crossing Online - (Both Suggested by Mystic hero)
Mario Kart Online - /

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Mystic Hero: Well we know that they'll continue with the Mario Party series. I think they come out with about 3 per system since the first 3 were on the 64 and the last three on the GCN

With Mario Party 7, it'll make the fourth game to come out on the GCN, they milk it for every penny it's worth and then some.

Posted by Speedfreak

Is it really worth that much, though? It's not like it sells more than Pok

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: With Mario Party 7, it'll make the fourth game to come out on the GCN, they milk it for every penny it's worth and then some.

It has got the point where it's just annoying. The Mario Parties seem to be getting suckier and suckeir. I hate games that become an annual thing. Mario Party for instance, Burnout becomign one and ANY EA game.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I think the only decent one was Mario Party 2.

Posted by Last Fog

Donkey Kong Country 4

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Last Fog: Donkey Kong Country 4

Is there any reason you said that?

Posted by Hyper

Hmm, how about some original titles instead of all of those sequels you mentioned?

Posted by Burrito

I think that it would be a bit hard to speculate what new franchises would be brought to the revolution. It might be easier if we had seen the controller.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Burrito: I think that it would be a bit hard to speculate what new franchises would be brought to the revolution. It might be easier if we had seen the controller.

I guess that makes sense, there might be totally different controls. But then again, you are(Dragged) a burrito. :)

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Sim City: Nintendo World
A simpler port of Sim City 4000 with incredibly nice 3D graphics, with a Nintendo theme.

Super Smash Bros. 3: Hazard
Must be included: Wario, Kid Icarus and Little Mac.

Super Mario 256
A side-scrolling, old school Mario, in 3D, with cel shaded graphics. :P

Metroid Prime 3
Without the stupid Dark/Light World crap.

Donkey Kong Party
Like Mario Party, but with using the GC Congos. Heh.

Pokemon Adventure Online
A MMORPG with Pokemon.

Posted by Jarulara

I would like to see a Mario, SSB, Zelda, Final Fantasy (a good one), and Animal Crossing 2. But I would like to see some nice new rpg's come out.

Posted by bazariah

i would like to see an updated gyromite and balloon fight and maybe a new version of unirally :D

Posted by Demon Soul Cube

A new resident Evil.

Posted by Axis

Oh yeah, I also want a new Earthbound game.

Posted by verystrait42

Guild wars online
animal crossing online
pheonix wright: ace atourney
Some kind of star wars game
bomberman
monster rancher
ninja game
world of warcraft

feel free to add coments :rock:

Posted by segashadow128gcn

totally would love a timesplitters 4 and yeah heros did suck
!! i have always wanted a sonic adventure 3 **** it!! well i think the super smash bros. title is key a mario kart or mario platformer would be vitle a zelda game would be asking for to much, so maybe thoughs and some sports games and stuff will do fine a new pokemon online would be amazing there are a lot of possiablitys..

Posted by Sean Fury

All I really want to see with the Revolution is that Mario quits sports. For good.

I'd like to see a decent Cel-Shaded Pokemon RPG with Real-Time Combat (Like in Dark Cloud, Sudeki, Fable, etc.) and it would only include the first 151 Pokemon, you know, instead of having nearly 250 extra ones that you don't need. It'd have a customizable main character, but not as far as Fable goes, just something where you could choose hair style, clothes, something like that (Gender too obviously). The Pokemon wouldn't suck either, and instead of saying their names like in the show, or making grunts/growls like in the games, they actually make worthwhile sounds, perhaps like the animals they represent. And when a Pokemon faints during a battle with you, it wouldn't just dissappear, it would fall over and then slowly get up and run away, THEN dissappear.

But you know I'm just a PokeFreak.

I'd like to see another Mario Kart though, that'd be nice. More tracks and more characters too. Forget the stupid changable karts, and bring back the GOOD battle system like in Mario Kart 64 (it had cool battle levels too).

Posted by Drewboy64

Maybe a good FPS? Not a crappy one.

Posted by Random

Heres what I want to see

Zelda: Twilight Princess (it'll get bumped to the Rev)
Mario 128 (Already bumped to the Rev)
Metroid Prime 3
SSB Online
and a Mario Kart

Seems like it'd satisfy me more than enough. If Nintendo Released those 5 Games, there would be a lot of Fun Quality Gaming. Rather than Sony who I believe would Release 200 Games, but would probably all suck.. Maybe a couple good Titles... (MGS)

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I would like:

New Resident Evil
New Mario platform game
New Zelda game
New Banjo game

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

SSB WiFi is all I need.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampire Slayer: I would like:
New Banjo game

It's not happening... It's a Rare Game which Microsoft owns. Although Microsoft has had Rare Develope a few games for Nintendo even after Microsoft bought them out, but still I don't see it happening.

Posted by Bebop

Rare also said they weren't making any new Banjo games. They didn't plan on making Banjo pilot in fact but copyright laws said they had to.

Oh, an a new pilotwings game ;-*

Posted by Shade

How about a Pokemon game that doesn't blow?

Quoted post: How about a Pokemon game that doesn't blow?

I assume you mean a home console Pok

Posted by Shade

Yes.

Posted by Drewboy64

metroid prime with a better multiplayer. Why would you want Zelda: TTP bumped to Revolution, though? I'd want that for the cube and a new zelda for the revolution.

Posted by Random

But thats the Thing. I highly doubt they'd have a new Zelda for the Revolution. They have to have not just the older games, but a Great Selection of New Games for the Revolution. For Nintendo to Compete for Top Spot, they have to make the other consoles game selections look obsolete. Basically Zelda TP was the Last Great Gamecube Game I think everyone wants to buy for the GC. But The GC Itself is sorta dying down in a hurry. I think at this point in time, it'd be smart of Nintendo to release it on the Revolution. People complain and say there will be angry Nintendo Fans.. Maybe so.. But if they are true hardcore Nintendo Fans, they'll buy a Revolution and Pick the game up anyways, am I right? Not to mention they could enhance the game. Besides we might not see a Zelda game on the Revolution til sometime Later.

Of course I don't know when the Revolution comes out, but if it's 2006, I highly think they should move Zelda TP for the Rev. Agree or not, it would be a good marketing Strategy.

Quoted post: Of course I don't know when the Revolution comes out, but if it's 2006, I highly think they should move Zelda TP for the Rev. Agree or not, it would be a good marketing Strategy.

Well, if it will obviously be a lot later in the year. I say this because if TP is delayed past March, the Reve can't be anywhere in sight.

Of course, I could be wrong, and Nintendo is pretty crazy.

Well, it will obviously be a lot later in the year. I say this because if TP is delayed past March, the Rev can't be anywhere in sight.

Of course, I could be wrong, and Nintendo is pretty crazy.

Posted by obryen

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Besides we might not see a Zelda game on the Revolution til sometime Later.

The home-console Zelda games have always been a high point in the lives of said consoles. The problem with making a game early in a console's life is that the developers don't yet know the ins and outs of the console, they can't push it to its absolute limits. If Zelda comes out early on Revolution, there's a decent chance there will never be another Zelda game for the console. I'd rather see it be a later title for the Gamecube, then have another one a few years from now for the Revolution. Besides, it's a game designed for the Cube. It'd feel like all those "Super" versions of games that originally came out on the NES, then were ported to the SNES.

As for the main point of this thread:
Didn't Nintendo announce a new Kid Icarus? I'd like to see that, myself. And if Nintendo can get Capcom to do it, a new Firebrand game (Gargoyle's Quest I & II, Demon's Crest) would be great. And Hell, while we're on the angels and demons theme, how about another Actraiser?

Posted by Aioros

[SIZE=6][COLOR=Yellow]KID ICARUS, BIT[COLOR=Yellow]C[/COLOR]HES![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Posted by Klarth

I don't understand why people are saying Twilight Princess is going to be bumped to the Revo. Really, it isn't. It's not going to be. Get that out of your head. THE GAME'S FINISHED. IT HAS BEEN SINCE JUNE OR SO. IT'S COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER. Christ.

Uh, Smash Bros'll do me.

Quoted post: I don't understand why people are saying Twilight Princess is going to be bumped to the Revo. Really, it isn't. It's not going to be. Get that out of your head. THE GAME'S FINISHED. IT HAS BEEN SINCE JUNE OR SO. IT'S COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER. Christ.

Delay of game

Posted by Klarth

ok maybe

Even so, I've been hearing from just about everyone I've been talking to that it's finished and undelayed.

wait, is it delayed?

Quoted post: ok maybe

Even so, I've been hearing from just about everyone I've been talking to that it's finished and undelayed.

wait, is it delayed?

Nintendo comfirmed it. Pushed back until March or April, possibly later.

But you're right, it is "done". They just want to add more, and polish it up a bit.

Posted by Drewboy64

I don't see why zelda would go to the rev, or why people would want it. Gamecube needs this to tide players over till revolution. Smash bros will be a great launch game. I'd like to see a new and original FPS game, too.

Posted by Burrito

They already said that Twilight Princess would not be moved to the revolution. They wanted Twilight Princess to be the epitome of the zelda gameplay we know now, before the new type of gameplay in the revolution. They didn't want to dissapoint gamecube players, either.

So, I would say the chance that Twilight Princess will come out out for Revolution is very low.

Posted by Drewboy64

Well, I would like to see a new real time RPG game too, one where you use two controllers perhaps?

Posted by ExoXile

They're probably working on a new Zelda right this moment.
Other than that, i guess:
MetroidPrime 3(Thinkin' of the Echoes ending)
SSBM- (Iwata mentioned wanting to have it at the release, online?)

....other than that i'am clueless.

Posted by Spaz

Titles that are probably in the works: (Yes, I'm assuming)

Metroid Prime
Zelda
Mario
Mario Party 29138923
Mario Sports titles
Super Smash Brothers
Animal Crossing
There's gotta be plenty.

Posted by Drewboy64

I hope Nintendo can make a really good FPS. Nintendo's never really done an FPS, so I don't know if one they made would turn out good, although many other games they have made are super. It'd be nice for Nintendo to have its own FPS franchise.

Posted by Spaz

Super Mario Goldeneye 007 Revolution?

Posted by Random

Honestly after thinking about it, it doesn't really matter which launch titles there are. I think i'll be way more interested in playing the older games. I mean sure i'll play games like Mario 128 and what not, but I think honestly overall i'll be quite satisfied with the older games. i heard the KOEI Games aren't coming to the Revolution.. is this true? That would stink but not ruin my chances of buying one none the less.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: i heard the KOEI Games aren't coming to the Revolution.. is this true? That would stink but not ruin my chances of buying one none the less.

Were did you hear it, from somewhere offical or just common heresay?

Posted by Speedfreak

Uh, KOEI are officially supporting it, it was announced a day or two ago. They join EA, THQ, Konami, Square, Capcom, Namco, Sega and a few others I've forgotten.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: Uh, KOEI are officially supporting it, it was announced a day or two ago. They join EA, THQ, Konami, Square, Capcom, Namco, Sega and a few others I've forgotten.

Sweet.. I'm glad KOEI is supporting it. It was just a rumor where I heard it. KOEI has produced some of my favorite games of all time. Glad they jumped on the ship.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Sweet.. I'm glad KOEI is supporting it. It was just a rumor where I heard it. KOEI has produced some of my favorite games of all time. Glad they jumped on the ship.

Unless you hear it offically announced from a place like Gamespot, I wouldn't believe it.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Nintendo comfirmed it. Pushed back until March or April, possibly later.

But you're right, it is "done". They just want to add more, and polish it up a bit.

What? Twilight?
Why?

Just like I said, they want to polish it up a bit, add more content, et cetera.

Posted by ExoXile

That's just SAD!
...And i was looking forward to november :(

(Is this delay official?)

Quoted post: (Is this delay official?)

As official as it can possibly get.

Posted by ExoXile

Now i'm sad...........

Ah well, now i can finally focus on getting a new grapic card. (My G-card fan has no hope left)

Posted by Random

Yeah lets not rush it.. Remember fable? Yeah totally rushed and basically 6 1/2 hours long. 7 if you do all the side missions.. Microsoft rushed it too fast, so Ninty's takin their sweet old time. I probably will wait til the Revolution comes out to get it. Afterall hte Revolution plays GC games correct? i don't feel like spending money on the GC when it'll shortly be obsolete.

Posted by Burrito

The fact that it is delayed is good thing. I would rather have to wait a bit for a complete game than have to get an incomplete game. Nintendo wants this to be the best Zelda possible before they move to the new play style.

Posted by ExoXile

A new resident evil would be nice too....

Posted by Axis

I wouldn't be suprised if Resident Evil 5 was announced for the Revolution in the future.

Posted by ExoXile

Hopefully.

Posted by Burrito

For resident evil 5 for the revolution, they should let you choose between aiming regularly and using the movement sensors to aim.

Posted by psp

Any game that uses ur hands will probably come out for it. Cooking, writing, sword fighting, conducting music. IDK, something along those lines. Although, a star wars game would be pretty cool for it. I can just imagine using the controller as a light saber.

Posted by Klarth

I thought most controllers involved some degree of hand usage. Could be wrong, though; I've played Zelda with my feet before.

Posted by Drewboy64

He means motion sensing movement, but whatever.
What do you think would be a cool idea/story for a new FPS?

Posted by Darkbackward

What I want from nintendo.

Mario.

No mario party, No mario golf, No super Smash bros., no Yoshi's spam, no mario kart, no mario rpg, no mario pizza maker, no luigi knock off, no toad knock off, no tennis game, no puzzle game, no first person shooter mario game, no knockoff.

Simply, Mario.
Simply, Mario.
Simply, Mario.
one more time
Simply, the red italian plumber made in japan, Mario.

Posted by verystrait42

Quoting sephiroth_theunborn: The New zelda is coming out for the Nintendo Gamecube I have not heared if there was one coming out for the Revolution.

just download it from the online service

Posted by Zeta

Metroid Prime 3 (2 games and Prime (The Boss) hasn't died yet. This time she's going down! And hopefully the game will take place wherever the Phazon originated from.)

Metroid Prime Online (It would be cool to make a character. You could be a Chozo, Space Pirate, Luminoth, Ki Hunter, whatever the hell Trace is, human, those other two alien race mentioned in MP2's Luminoth lore, etc. If they worked on it enough, Retro could make a really amazing Multiplayer.)

Bomberman Online (Imagine having a huge arena that could have 100 players in it. Add to that the bombs from B64: TSA, and some Charoboms to ride.)

Startropics Revolution (I always wanted more sequels to this game. Heck, Wind Waker could have been a Startropics game.)

Posted by Drewboy64

A mario game with lots of things involved; all the characters would be in the story at one point or another. You could use gadgets like the vacuum, Fluud or the paintbrush if you wanted, and the you could fight normally, like in Mario 64, just with better controls. It'd just be a huge mario game.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

New Super Smash Bros.
Mario 128 or whatever its called
A real seuqel to Chrono Trigger, not any Chrono Cross bs. *I wish*
New Powerstone *once again I wish*
New Metroid
New Resident Evil Game

Posted by inequity

There really shold be a new star fox game. Just like the N64 version, not SF Assault. And with that motion controller, piloting the aircrafts will feel more accurite and real.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Zeta:
Metroid Prime Online (It would be cool to make a character. You could be a Chozo, Space Pirate, Luminoth, Ki Hunter, whatever the hell Trace is, human, those other two alien race mentioned in MP2's Luminoth lore, etc. If they worked on it enough, Retro could make a really amazing Multiplayer.)

A zelda online would be great. With all the species and the huge worlds.

Quoted post: A zelda online would be great. With all the species and the huge worlds.

I can't see that working...

Unless you meant a co-op type multiplayer.

Posted by Burrito

I was thinking of a mmog. I can see it working, but it's a bit farfetched. I doubt it would ever happen. Co-op would be lots of fun, too. Maybe something that's like a 3D four swords.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Yeah lets not rush it.. Remember fable? Yeah totally rushed and basically 6 1/2 hours long. 7 if you do all the side missions.. Microsoft rushed it too fast, so Ninty's takin their sweet old time. I probably will wait til the Revolution comes out to get it. Afterall hte Revolution plays GC games correct? i don't feel like spending money on the GC when it'll shortly be obsolete.

Yeah, and look at Halo 2... It was rushed, so it didn't have ATV's, more than one Spartan like in the books, Covenant engineers, a mind-blowing story, more than a few levels on Earth, and an ending.

An online RPG would be pretty cool. I'm sure they'll continue the Animal Crossing series. Maybe a First Person Slicer, where, like in the video, the revote is the sword.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Burrito: Maybe something tht's like a 3D four swords.

That would mess up the whole "Zelda" feeling.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, it would if it were a massive online zelda game, although not if it was a 3-d fourswords. It's just that it'd be a bit hard to use split screen while co-operating and such. Although I would love to see a 3d fourswords.

And man, four years ago i was coming up with a first person game that used swords and stuff rather than guns, and then comes oblivion forthe 360. Anyway, I think a first person game like that would work perfectly with the Revolution.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting ExoXile: That would mess up the whole "Zelda" feeling.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Burrito: I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

You can't, since i'm right :D

Posted by Drewboy64

are you saying that the 3-d would mess up the feeling? Because I'd dissagree too. But if you are saying the online part would, I'd agree.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Drewboy64: are you saying that the 3-d would mess up the feeling? Because I'd dissagree too. But if you are saying the online part would, I'd agree.

I'm saying the online part would mess it, personally i loved the 4-S to the GC so...

Posted by Burrito

Quoting ExoXile: I'm saying the online part would mess it, personally i loved the 4-S to the GC so...

Oh, I thought you were talking about the 3D part. Still it would be hard to have a Four Swords on one console because of the split screen. I think split screen would mess up the whole "Zelda" feeling. Online or at least LAN would work better. I'm still talking about playing it with people you know, instead of random strangers over the internet. Playing it with random strangers over the internet might mess up the "Zelda" feeling, though.

Posted by Drewboy64

I think it'd be cool to have a multiplayer mode (like shadow battle) that you could play online or something.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Drewboy64: I think it'd be cool to have a multiplayer mode (like shadow battle) that you could play online or something.

Zelda.... just isn't a game play online with.
Co-op, perhaps.

But i would rather not have one of those either.

Posted by Burrito

Co-op would not be done very well with online or at least lan.

Posted by powerpuff

pokemon mmorpg

Posted by Drewboy64

Pokemon online... That is a good idea.
I wish I still played pokemon though, because I remember thinking to myself: Why can't they have a 3d version of this that is a true RPG? But now I'm out of hte franchise and tehy made one. But a pokemon online game really is a good idea. It would attract tons of people.