Win a free game of your choice. Arcade contest is on!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's summer again, and once again the Arcade contest has started!! All scores have been deleted. Who ever has the most titles at the end of August wins a free game of his/her choice.

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/arcade.php?do=highscorers]Click here[/url] to see the current winner.

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/arcade.php?]Click here to play games![/url]

Posted by NES Queen

dang nammit jesse, you suck-diddely-uck!

why must you always have the contest during the summer, when i'm not around. and helloooooo..... its the first day of june. how in the world does that classify itself as "summer".

once again, you suck

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting NES Queen: dang nammit jesse, you suck-diddely-uck!

why must you always have the contest during the summer, when i'm not around. and helloooooo..... its the first day of june. how in the world does that classify itself as "summer".

once again, you suck

:D:D:D It's called Summer vacation. You kids just got out of school, so you need something to give you all a life! Live here for three months!! :D:D:D:D

:::when i'm not around.

er didn't you win last year??!!! So it's very good that you'll be gone!!!!!

Posted by loony636

I live in Australia. If, though it isn't likely, I win will you send it all the way over here, free of postage? The same goes for Trigger, ????? (he never posts), Richaod and higbvuyb. That's all the people I know that live in Australia, if I missed any, don't shoot me.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Any location. If the winner is out of the US or Canada, it'll probably have to be through ebay, unless Amazon has a store for your country.

pze no flame iPod!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Jesse Smith: er didn't you win last year??!!! So it's very good that you'll be gone!!!!!

no, I came in either 2nd or 3rd. that gravitar kid ended up winning after i was away the whole month of July. I came in first amongst the girls participating but you refused to acknowledge me as the "arcade queen"

couldn't you have at least saved the all-time high scores for the games like you did last year rather than completely wiping out everything?

(you suck!)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Fear not, you'll be here in August, right!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Arczu

I was actually in good contention for this, then halfway, all my titles were stolen and I lost interest due to scoring glitches... grr.

Posted by NES Queen

Jesse.... *ahem*

Quoted post: couldn't you have at least saved the all-time high scores for the games like you did last year rather than completely wiping out everything?

also, any plans on getting rid of the games with either a max high score or a known scoring glitch (magatack, railwayline, super mario rampage....) to keep the contest fair?

for everyone else...
i've already been called a cheater twice today alone and i havnt even claimed half the titles i had before the scores were wiped out. i do not cheat and anyone who was around last year knows how vehement i am about others not doing it. these are the same games which have been here all year and i've played them quite a lot. i know how to score high in them simply because during the week i suffer from no-life syndrome and play them incessantly. if i take a title from you don't be a baby about it and declare i'm a cheater, just go ahead and take it back. 'nuff said.

Posted by Legend Saber

If I wanted to, I could get ultra high scores on all the games that require lots dexterity and a high reaction time, because my computer is slow to the point where ultra fast games go to a snails pace.

Oh well, the only game I even like playing on that Arcade is Pac-Man.

Posted by Gravitar

Howdy Folks!

Glad to see the contest is running once more. I see NES Queen is in the lead by a few games. She's one tough gal thats for sure. Gave me a good run for the money in the last contest. Thanks Jesse for the "BurnOut3" game! I'm still playing it!

Should I participate or not?

Contest Winner 2004
GravitaR

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Hey, I would love to take part! I didn't last summer for some reason. Anyway, this year I have almost 3 month of summer with nothing better to do! I have just 5 exams left and then I will have all the time in the world hehe![/COLOR]

Posted by William

You're just lucky I'm too lazy to participate Gravitard. *oscar* :cool:

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting William: You're just lucky I'm too lazy to participate Gravitard. *oscar* :cool:

Bring it on! I'm sure others would like you to compete as you can Williamette.
As for your scores so far, I can easily beat the following:
------------------------------------------------------
Simpsons Shooter Champion, with a score of 2475
Pencak Champion, with a score of 2600
Netblazer3D Champion, with a score of 26
3D Car Driver Champion, with a score of 2630
Candy Tetris Champion, with a score of 232
Asteroids2000 Champion, with a score of 2750

Time to start picking off Williamette's scores since the challenge has arisen!
GravitaR

Posted by William

Of course you can. I haven't played the arcade in quite a while (back when I first registered as Paraschism). However, the 3D Car Driver game is really just a game of patience. As long as you have enough patience, you or anyone else for that matter, can beat the highest score (even if it's let's say...50,000).

Hehehe.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Quoting Gravitar: Bring it on! I'm sure others would like you to compete as you can Williamette.
As for your scores so far, I can easily beat the following:
Simpsons Shooter Champion, with a score of 2475
Pencak Champion, with a score of 2600
Netblazer3D Champion, with a score of 26
3D Car Driver Champion, with a score of 2630
Candy Tetris Champion, with a score of 232
Asteroids2000 Champion, with a score of 2750

Time to start picking off Williamette's scores since the challenge has arisen!
GravitaR

Todd?? Wow you are a smack talker.

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting Tinkleheimer: Todd?? Wow you are a smack talker.

Smack Talkin? Nah, just a little dose of reality :)

I love a challenge as you all know. So couldn't refuse the invite to rumble with William in the arcade.

GravitaR

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Gravitar:

Should I participate or not?

Contest Winner 2004
GravitaR

No! I already have enough competition this summer from Zen without the reigning champ joining in as well.

:p

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting NES Queen: No! I already have enough competition this summer from Zen without the reigning champ joining in as well.

I see that! Competition is healthy!
GravitaR

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]You're all so good. I see I have a lot of catching up to do![/COLOR]

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting NES Queen: No! I already have enough competition this summer from Zen without the reigning champ joining in as well.

Got a nice email that said NES Queen beat my Candy Tetris score today. Thought you wanted me to stay out of the competition. Looks like you just declared WAR!

GravitaR

Posted by NES Queen

how do you turn those notifications on? i was never able to get it to work for me so every time i come here i have to scroll though all 12 or so pages and try to remember which games i once had.

(my all time high for candy tetris was 602, so you go right ahead and take it from me so i can take it right back ;))

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Say if I won this challange, which isn't likely to happen, would I be able to get a rare game like ICO for free?[/COLOR]

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

****, I had the high score for the bubbles game and it made me feel so good.

Then NES queen beat it about 15 times over

NES queen is just too good.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

I wont say it here but i know this cheat to get anyscore in any game, im not sying it or anything i just think the people who get ludicrous scores in games do this, give me a game and then tell me any score and i can get it. therefore the person who wins is the one who cheated most. I pm'd jessie but no response as yet. People who know what the cheat is and use it should be ashamed, cheating the honest people out of a free game.

Posted by Gravitar

She is good, I'll give her that.
GravitaR

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: ****, I had the high score for the bubbles game and it made me feel so good.

Then NES queen beat it about 15 times over

NES queen is just too good.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Hey see my pm on GE.

And I just got the Look Alive Championship, that game is so easy.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting I feel Yellow?: I wont say it here but i know this cheat to get anyscore in any game, im not sying it or anything i just think the people who get ludicrous scores in games do this, give me a game and then tell me any score and i can get it. therefore the person who wins is the one who cheated most. I pm'd jessie but no response as yet. People who know what the cheat is and use it should be ashamed, cheating the honest people out of a free game.

not all games with mega high scores are from cheats though. with embassy sharp shooter last year, i had a score in the billions while no one else could break 100 for the longest time. doesnt mean i cheated, just means i hit more targets in a row than everyone else.

same thing with crazy block breaker. im waiting for a day when i have a few hours of my life to waste before claiming that one. scores for that game can go well into the multi-millions (do not fear the chicken!) so long as you have the time to waste (or a good internet connection where you can walk away and come back).

i wish Jesse would get rid of the "no life syndrome games" though, the ones where it takes no skill to score high, just patience and free time. what a waste those are.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Also games with with a max high score that everone can get.

Posted by Gravitar

Ah! Another couple users have declared war on thee! Welcome to the skirmish DDRFreak and Quake125.

GravitaR

Posted by Gravitar

Ah! Another couple users have declared war on thee! Welcome to the skirmish DDRFreak and Quake126.

GravitaR

Posted by darkwhispers

hey how can I join in too? I am the ultimate gamer bring it on!

Posted by ZEN

Quoting I feel Yellow?: I wont say it here but i know this cheat to get anyscore in any game, im not sying it or anything i just think the people who get ludicrous scores in games do this, give me a game and then tell me any score and i can get it. therefore the person who wins is the one who cheated most. I pm'd jessie but no response as yet. People who know what the cheat is and use it should be ashamed, cheating the honest people out of a free game.

I assume you used it [url=http://www.vgchat.com/arcade.php?do=scores&name=yeti1_5shots]here[/url].
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/zen3/impossible_score.jpg[/IMG]

Explain.

Quoting NES Queen: i wish Jesse would get rid of the "no life syndrome games" though, the ones where it takes no skill to score high, just patience and free time. what a waste those are.

Like the 'Super Mario Rampage' games. Those are so unbelievably lame.
Naturally, I have the titles to those and can tell anyone not to go over 999 points on 'SMR2/3' or the score wraps back around to "0".
(No seriously, it does.)

Posted by Gravitar

There are many others that fit into that catagory Zen. Some games have bugs/exploits in them like Stick Avalanche, Arkanoid to name just a couple.

Will be starting a thread listing all the effected games and the ways to score heaven soon. Same thing happened last year. Jesse handled it very well I have to say.

Game On!
GravitaR

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Gravitar: Same thing happened last year. Jesse handled it very well I have to say!

I did??!! :D I don't even remember doing anything to the games last year!!!! I don't know flash, so I can't fix them!!!!!

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting Jesse Smith: I did??!! :D I don't even remember doing anything to the games last year!!!! I don't know flash, so I can't fix them!!!!!

Actually I just listed the games that I and others proved to have maximum scores easily achieved, exploits, and/ or cheats. Then they were eliminated from peoples title stats. Worked well I thought.

GravitaR

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Hey Gravitar, any on GE by chance? :p

Posted by Gravitar

Quoting Tinkleheimer: Hey Gravitar, any on GE by chance? :p

Yep!

Posted by smg1891

hi

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I don't know, but I have feeling some people use ArtMoney, which hacks hexadecimals in flash games. What does that mean? It means in one click, the person who uses the program can get the maximum ammount of points possible.

Thought I should just point it out.

Posted by NES Queen

there's a lot of cheating going on in there. some are just "smarter" about it than others and dont make it blatantly obvious like ifeelyellow did.

its not a fair contest in the slightest.

Posted by NES Queen

stop bumping old threads, cant you see the last post was over 8 months ago and the contest ended in August?

Posted by Xero

The previous post (the one before you NESQ) is in 2005. I seem to miss the point of your post...

Posted by NES Queen

there was an idiot running rampant through the arcade board replying to every single thread with either a one word answer, or a link to some ebay auction. i believe all his posts were finally deleted and he was banned, which is why my request for him to stop makes no sense now since he is no longer there.

but he was there... i assure you, i'm not seeing ghosts again

Posted by Xero

Ah ok. The post was deleted thats why...Thanx for telling me ;)

Posted by ZEN

Quoting NES Queen: couldn't you have at least saved the all-time high scores for the games like you did last year rather than completely wiping out everything?

Permanent all-time high scores would be great. It would be a better way to keep track of how good the competition is/was before the scores are reset.
That way the best scores of the year could be separate from the best scores of all-time.

Or something.

Posted by Xero

I agree with ZEN. I'd like a lil memory of what we've accomplished.