Request - Sim Board

Posted by S

Excuse my ignorance if this is impossible but, I'd like to remove the "Agree" function from the sim board. It's useless and merely spam on good posts in my board. People "Agree" just to spam the threads with mindless none-sense. I'd delete them if possible but I cannot.

Posted by Iris

Care to provide proof? I don't feel like going into "there," and it seems silly to disable reputation because people appreciate with the "creativity" a lot of sim battlers put into their posts.

I doubt it's possible to change which forums you can receive reputation in, anyways...

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Iris: Care to provide proof. I don't feel like going into "there."

I doubt it's possible to change which forums you can receive reputation in...

false

It's possible for Jesse to turn off reputation comments on a per-forum basis. Whether or not he will is a different story.

Posted by Iris

It's not false that I doubted it.

Posted by Hyper

I felt like saying "false." Rape me over it.

Posted by The Judge

I don't see how it ever spams boards. A lot of high and low reputation ona post gives the poster, probably more than anywhere else, a good idea of how to act. If you're using a character you made up that's a blatant copy of some character everyone's already seen before from TV or what have you, people probably aren't going to want you to stay as that character, nor read your posts as that character. Hence, they will negatively rep you and tell you to change. If you make something inventive, you get praised for it. It seems like it is a fair enough idea to keep it there.

Posted by coromoro

Oh, she will. :(

EDIT: **** you, Judge. Posted before me. :(

Posted by S

[URL=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=979&page=1]Proof[/URL]

Fact is, we don't use it. Only the amatuers do and they add nothing positive about it. Yes, it could be used positively. Will it be? I doubt it. Therefore I'd just like it to be removed, please just save Crono and I this headache.

We don't appreciate anyone posting in our threads that isn't supposed to be active within that thread, agreeing is just posting without adding a post to the count.

Posted by Iris

Well...

Maybe you have good characters. And I'm guessing Maian only did it because he's friends with Pacifico, and repped everyone else on a whim.

Posted by Klarth

Does it really do any harm? Can you not simply ignore it? Am I the only one who thinks that Sean Fury needs to get laid?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

There's no need to remove it unless it's removed entirely on every forum. The posts in the Sim Battle forum are no more important than the posts in any other forum, and dont deserve special treatment.

Posted by S

Yes, it can be ignored. But so can posts considered spam. Do you ignore those? No you delete them. Correct? I cannot delete these even though, they are in fact, spam. Spam that inflitrates other people's posts that they spend time on.

The sim battle forum is seperate from the rest of the board. People spend time on their posts, on average alot more than the rest of the forum. It's art. These 'agreements' deface the art in my opinion.

Posted by Crono

*sigh*

People, when I look back at a great post I've made in a Sim Battle, the last thing I want to see at the bottom of a brilliant post is "So-and-so agrees!".

What the hell are they agreeing to? Do they think that your attack is within the rules so it's fair and they have to agree? The point is, it becomes irritating after a while to see the same stupid rep on every post, especially since the majority of it doesn't even get a comment left with it. If they left reasonable comments or something, I might overlook it, but it's merely irritating at best.

And Luna, don't expect any decent reaction. I already pushed to get siggies banned from the forum to prevent cluttering too, but Jesse wouldn't have it. Said that once per page was enough.

Then again, people have ****ing ginormous signatures these days.

EDIT: Oh, and on another note...I don't see why people who never look in the Sim Battle forum are replying to this. If it's never going to apply to you, then why are you here? We have our reasons, you have yours. Unfortunately, your opinions don't count in our forum because you're never there. Don't like it? Too **** bad. Suck it up and deal with it.

Posted by sabre

There are only two mods who even look at the sim battle board, when it comes to it. :/

Posted by The Judge

Perhaps you are unaware of the fact that the rep always says "agrees" or "disagrees?" Seriously, people are just repping you as a sign of the fact that they enjoyed your post. You should stop b eing so rude and learn to take the compliment.

Posted by S

I'm not going to debate the good points and bad points of the 'Rep' system as a whole because frankly I don't care. But when it comes to Simming, posting in another persons thread is prohibited and I will ask for a ban from that forum if those rules are broken. This is just a way to get around that. Please help us uphold our rules and just heed this one request. We rarely make them, humor us.

Posted by Iris

You TOTALLY aren't overreacting.

Posted by Echo

As the third of three mods who visit Sim Battle, I have to agree with Crono and Luna. Posting in someone else's battle without good reason is against the rules. Why? Because it clutters the thread and detracts from the battle. Repping, while maybe not to the same extent, does the same thing. Why should one be against the rules and not the other? While I honestly probably don't think it's quite as big of a deal as these other two do, it should still be fixed. And it's not like it's a hard fix, it's fairly simple. I see no reason why NOT to fix it, and I see reason to fix it. So, why not fix it?

Also, I'm kinda curious why anyone here other than me, Crono, and Luna actually post in this thread. Whether it gets fixed or not doesn't affect you whatsoever, so I don't see what the point in arguing with it is. Just an observation.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Crono: And Luna, don't expect any decent reaction. I already pushed to get siggies banned from the forum to prevent cluttering too, but Jesse wouldn't have it. Said that once per page was enough.

Duh!!! Maybe because every one would cry and wine if I deleted signitures. Once I disabled images in signitures and every one cried about it. Give it up, people hate change.

pze no add comment to this post. it's annoying. :D

Posted by S

I don't necisarily disagree with the one time sig... at least it shows sigs once. -shrug-

But back to the point... Jesse, can we please remove it from the sim board? It's just one area. If not then give me the ability to remove them if possible. And if nothing, I'll just re-inforce the rule I made with extreme prejudice.

Posted by The Judge

So you're basically making an ultimadum stating that you'll end up having your own way even if you don't get it.

Posted by Iris

Sure, rep clutters a post, but you're going to have to get used to it. All mods have a right to post here. Just because the Sim Battle forum's posts contain extra "creativity" doesn't mean it should get any special treatment. It's either you can rep everywhere, or you can't rep at all, and I doubt Jesse will go for the second option.

Please don't go into specific forum rules and how Sim Battle's "good posts" need to be protected, or I'll use my katana and slay you with fire magic in less than 3 posts.

Posted by S

There is no ultimatum about it. Sim rules and board rules have always been different. I'm just asking if it can be removed to save me the headache of doing so.

[quote]Sure, rep clutters a post, but you're going to have to get used to it. All mods have a right to post here. Just because the Sim Battle forum's posts contain extra "creativity" doesn't mean it should get any special treatment. It's either you can rep everywhere, or you can't rep at all, and I doubt Jesse will go for the second option.

As stated earliar, Hyper said it is possible to take it out from 1 forum and leave it in the rest. So obviously, that is not true.

[quote]Please don't go into specific forum rules and how Sim Battle's "good posts" need to be protected, or I'll use my katana and slay you with fire magic in less than 3 posts.

Aww, how cute. She's trying to be a smart ***.

Posted by The Judge

Shush. It's fine and dandy if you feel you are a better RPer than most, but seriously, it looks as though your requests are not going to be put into action, so stop before you sound way too pompous, to quote that last little statement.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Rep some one on a blog that's not Bjarni's. Do you see the comment show up??!!! :D

Posted by The Judge

Fine, Jesse, mind shutting him up and making the rep invisible on that board?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Lunairetic]Aww, how cute. She's trying to be a smart ***.

No, she's pointing out how ridiculous killing people with text is.

Seriously, ignore it. Nobody gives a flying fu[color=3][/color]ck if it "ruins the atmosphere" or whatever the reason is you're campaigning for it to be removed. Jesse's a ****ty administrator and doesn't listen to anyone. Deal with it. It's doing no harm.

Posted by S

[quote]No, she's pointing out how ridiculous killing people with text is.

Yeah... I got that captain obvious. Or... did you just realize it now? Seems so, if you just had to repeat it as if it was an epiphany that no one else would ever have grasped without your help.

Look, diss simming however much you want; it really doesn't matter in the end. I'm asking a favor of Jesse, and waiting for a proper response.

Posted by Iris

Quoting Lunairetic: As stated earliar, Hyper said it is possible to take it out from 1 forum and leave it in the rest. So obviously, that is not true.

What I meant by that is that those are probably the only two options Jesse will allow.

Quoted post: Aww, how cute. She's trying to be a smart ***.

I think it was a pretty good reenactment of what happens in the sim boad.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Lunairetic: Look, diss simming however much you want; it really doesn't matter in the end. I'm asking a favor of Jesse, and waiting for a proper response.

Well, you wont get it, so just stop. Jesse never takes stuff seriously, and he never will.

The only way he will go through with this is if more mods agree on this then not. And considering you, Crono, and Echo seem to be the only ones who care, that's not going to happen.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Luna d00d: I'm asking a favor of Jesse, and waiting for a proper response.

Quoting El Smith: Rep some one on a blog that's not Bjarni's. Do you see the comment show up??!!!

There you go, think tank.

Quoting Teh Link: And considering you, Crono, and Echo seem to be the only ones who care, that's not going to happen.

And the fact that he's being a rude SOB might add a bit more hoplessness to the cause.

Posted by Crono

Quoting Majesty: Nobody gives a flying fu[color=3][/color]ck if it "ruins the atmosphere" or whatever the reason is you're campaigning for it to be removed.

If that was true, we probably wouldn't be here saying this, would we now *******? Personally, I think it's ridiculous. Luna, Echo, and myself have been here longer than most of the mods here in all likelihood, with the exception of Raptor and a few others and you all ***** at us because we ask Jesse a favor.

And we act like rude SOB's? Too bad, my attitude's here to stay. Live with it. *** knows that dozens of past mods long gone have.

It's a simple yes or no, Jesse. Give up the stupid games and amusement and give us a **** answer so we can move on here. I'm sick of all this bull****.

Posted by S

Hah. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*** ** ***** There, happy?! :D

Posted by S

No.

Posted by Crono

Not particularly, why? Or were you expecting something different? Sorry to disappoint you.

Posted by The Judge

He's saying no. When he does stupid crap like that, he means no.

Posted by S

Then he should say that. Jesse, we're waiting.

Posted by The Judge

You don't read many of Jesse's posts, do you? He's not going to answer you. He's just dangling it over your head and watching you try to grab it. The answer is no.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: He's just dangling it over your head and watching you try to grab it.

Arn't I annoying??!!! :D

Posted by Crono

Quoting Jesse Smith: Arn't I annoying??!!! :D

Not particularly. I know people much, much worse than you, trust me. A mere irritant, at best.

EDIT: Oh, and Majesty, don't lecture me on how Jesse acts. I've been here since before VGC was a vBulletin, so I daresay I know Jesse well enough by now. Enough said.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Crono in my rep: Crono Disagrees: Are

Ooooooooooooooooh shhhhh-shhhhh-shhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, the board! It's, it's, IT'S GETTING CLUTTERED! QUICKLY JESSE, SHUT OFF THE REP SYSTEM ON THE MOD BOARD IMMEDIATELY!

Posted by Crono

Gee, I'm sorry. I was trying to figure out what you found so great about the pointless matter at the end of our posts. And apparently it didn't even get my whole message either. Piece of **** hack...