Sega Dreamcast Fans

Posted by Oilslick

Im a huge Dreamcast fan, and im still buying games to build my collection for this great console. It is a shame that the public never took to it due to Sony boasting about PS2 when the Dreamcast was released, but even though Dreamcast has died out it has become a classic console that still suprises me with the high definition graphics and brilliant games, so basically Dreamcast fans can post here about thier memorable times with thier Dreamcasts and share thier views on why its still a great console today!

Posted by Arczu

Yes, I don't know why this system was largely overlooked the way it was.

It's a shame too. Some really great games came out on it. Like Skies of Arcadia.

Posted by ZEN

I enjoy my DreamCast quite thoroughly. My import copy of 'Ikaruga' never gets put away. 'Soul Calibur' never gets old. 'Rayman 2' is one of the greatest 3-D platformers ever!

I need to pick up 'Grandia 2' and 'Shenmue 2' sometime. I hear that 'Shenmue 2' (the DreamCast version) carries over your old save data from the original 'Shenmue', so I would rather have that one than the X-Box version.
I'm slowly building up my DC collection.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I will never get tired of the systems classics. I, too, am still buying games for it.

Posted by Dexter

I don't miss it, personally. I got it cheap with tons of games and gave it away a few months later to a friend of mine. It seems as though all the games I did enjoy on that system got released for the Game Cube, with the exception of one. The only systems I seem to keep are my Nintendo systems, except for the original Sega. I couldn't deal with the emotional trauma of not having Sonic there for me when I feel the need to visit him.

Posted by Random

I bought a DC :') I was happy too. When I purchased my DC, I purchased GTA 2, Grandia II (Great Great RPG!!), and Unreal Tournament. Great Games. I even got to play Unreal Online. Haha I love the DC. It was an awesome system.

Posted by Apathetic

I love it even if I have one game :) Capcom VS SNK is great. I am so glad I bought this, I can always have fun with it beating the crap out of geese ;)

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have a Dreamcast and I am still buying games for it aswell. I love the Dreamcast, it has so many great games. There are many I have yet to try aswell. [/COLOR]

Posted by Proto Man

Question: I had bought a Dreamcast that came with two controllers, two used VMU's one brand new one, a bunch of demo discs, about 4 2K2 sports games and 1 2K1 NFL game. It also has all the hookups and it seems to be working nicely. I bought all this at a garage sale for $20, is that a good deal, or did I pay too much?

Posted by Megatron

That is a great deal.

Posted by Dreamcast-Jack

My love for DC has came back alive recently, playing through Shenmue again, got Bangai-o and Crazy Taxi a few days back and ordering a Treamcast soon (I have to have one) right now I have about 33 games I think on DC a few are imports (SF3:WI,FPD,KoF02) I'm basically not buying crap for my PS2(never do anyhow..only got it cause my friend sold it for 50 and I wanted KoF 02-03 on it) my XBox never gets played but then again there is nothing out I want on it. but, anyhow the next 6 or so months will be dedicated to making my DC collection huge. I still need around 68-70 games on it still.. gonna be sweet. DC is STill THinking and Very ALIVE in my house.

Posted by Crazy K

I was going to buy a dreamcast from a kid in school for 40 bucks. But I never did. Instead I think I bought WWE Smackdown Here Comes the pain. ;)

Posted by Mr. Pistol

My Dreamcast got to a point where it kept resetting itself, even after I cleaned out the bits of fluff inside it. Which is a real shame as I thought it was a great system and had a lot more potential left in it.

My first ever online experience was with the Dreamcast, believe it or not.

I used to practically live in the Chu Chu Rocket online network.

Gutted. R.I.P.

Posted by Random

it wasn't my first Online experience for I have played many PC Games online but I did enjoy being able to browse around. I did play Unreal Tournament Online and what not. I love The Dreamcast. I still have one and I have about 7 Games for it, and 4 controllers. It was worth purchasing =)

Posted by KMFDM

I love Sage and I'm so sad that the stopped making systems. But I love my dream cast I play it all the time. So far I only have about 5 games for it but I'm getting more soon.

Posted by Major Kitty

Sage lol yea too bad there like a games company now.

Posted by Azusa

[quote=Mr. Pistol]My Dreamcast got to a point where it kept resetting itself, even after I cleaned out the bits of fluff inside it. Which is a real shame as I thought it was a great system and had a lot more potential left in it.

My first ever online experience was with the Dreamcast, believe it or not.

I used to practically live in the Chu Chu Rocket online network.

Gutted. R.I.P.

Unfortunately the Dreamcast always seemed more prone to falling apart than most other consoles. I've went through two already, but it's still my favorite outlet for obscure Japanese fighting games. I think the only ones I have left that still work anymore are Last Blade 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Project Justice, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, though. :( The rest all freeze at the Dreamcast logo, and are too difficult to find anymore.

Posted by Random

Really? Never had a problem with my dreamcast breaking. Thought it was way more durable than the PS2, and probably built better. Sony tends to use cheap hardware to build their systems. Like the Lenses.. -_-'

Posted by theshadowfan

Dreamcast for life! =)

Posted by Millertime2325

I Love the dreamcast!

Right now im trying to find games on the cheap.. eventually I hope to complete the dreamcast collection.

I bought the system around November, and I have been loving it ever since. I think I am at about 25 games right now. Also my dreamast is Pink! lol.

Posted by TheSorrow

yeah for some reason i have started to play my DC more often now. but for some reason it wont read my discs right and they are clean. Any suggestions?

Posted by bustedxup

Get another dc.

Posted by Random

Tis truley sad... Chances are.. This week I will be selling my Dreamcast

*DUN DUN DUN*

I'm sort of broke and need money to y'know.. live on and I have a buyer :(

*Sniffle* I WILL MISS IT..

Posted by TheSorrow

i dont want to buy another dc theres got to be a better way then that to fix it

Posted by The Pain

Dreamcast was really a great system and it is a shame it is so overlooked. I'v only owned one for a short time but during the time I had it it was great. Jet Grind Radio and the Power Stone series were probably some of the best games i'v ever played.

Posted by Poco

Ok, guys. i'm buying a dreamcast here in the next xouple of weeks because consoles from that era have caught my eye. i already Collect Nintendo and Atari 2600/7800 things. Honestly, what games should I buy? I know I'll get all the FPSes. Are the 2 PSO playable offline? I really want to give those a try.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Dreamcast = Greatest System of All Time

'Nuff Said'

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Poco: Ok, guys. i'm buying a dreamcast here in the next xouple of weeks because consoles from that era have caught my eye. i already Collect Nintendo and Atari 2600/7800 things. Honestly, what games should I buy? I know I'll get all the FPSes. Are the 2 PSO playable offline? I really want to give those a try.

I'm not sure if the PSO are playable offline, but I can suggest 1 game to get: Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

PSO is playable offline. I say that because I never played online and I recall playing PSO from time to time.

Posted by Poco

MvC2 is on my most wanted list. My friend was lucky enough to get that. It's so ****in fun.

Posted by Roger Smith

I've played it on the PS2, but I don't know it plays on the DC, though I heard better then the PS2 version. I'll find out when I get one along with a DC.

Posted by Apathetic

Love the system, has great games. Powerstone, Capcom VS SNK, Marvel VS Capcom and plenty others. Im thinking of getting the powerstone thing for the PSP, (I heard something about it?). I miss those games though a lot. I never got really into the DC to buy a lot of games, I bought mine when it was discontinued.

Posted by Anasurimbor Kellhus

Curious. Sega Dreamcast fans have this tendancy to sprout up at the most inopportune of times, like, after the console was released. Just a minor observation.

Posted by Roger Smith

I loved the DC ever since it got released.

Posted by Apathetic

I heard there were mini games on the VMU's, can anyone explain?

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Anasurimbor Kellhus: Curious. Sega Dreamcast fans have this tendancy to sprout up at the most inopportune of times, like, after the console was released. Just a minor observation.

I was one of the many 1999 DC buyers who waited in line and got several games. I also abstained from the Playstation 2 in 2000 and didn't support it until 2001 when it finally was worth owning.

Posted by Random

Quoting Darkbackward: I was one of the many 1999 DC buyers who waited in line and got several games. I also abstained from the Playstation 2 in 2000 and didn't support it until 2001 when it finally was worth owning.

Correction, it still isn't worth owning. I mean I guess it varies on what type of games you like but I find a much larger selection in games that are "DECENT AND WELL WORTH PURCHASING" on the XBox or Gamecube by far than I do the PS2..

Hell I picked up a DC about 2 months after it came out and I own more DC games that I enjoy more than I have PS2 games that I enjoy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoting Apathetic: I heard there were mini games on the VMU's, can anyone explain?

Under certain conditions, for several games: you could unlock or access secret mini-games on your VMU. For example, once beating Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage, you were able to manipulate and play with Puck on your VMU.

Posted by Axis

Ahh, yes, the Dreamcast. My favorite game for it still is Metropolis Street Racer. One of the many reasons it led me to Xbox... because of PGR.

Posted by Zapper

I had a Dreamcast a few years back. I loved it and bought quite a few games. Although, it ended up dying :( and I haven't played one since.

Spartan: I'm not sure, but I may have had the same problem as you. I can't remember if I actually sold mine or just trashed it and sold the games. I'm pretty sure I sold it though.

But anyway, DC was a great system and i'd like to buy another.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Sadistic Grin: Under certain conditions, for several games: you could unlock or access secret mini-games on your VMU. For example, once beating Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage, you were able to manipulate and play with Puck on your VMU.

****, I was hoping it would be more easy haha :)

Posted by neofreak91

sega Dreamcast is really a great system