Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess discussion thread

Posted by Ex-Linkman

This thread is for general topic discussion for the new Zelda game being released sometime in I wish I knew. Anyway, here you can post everything from new news to timeline therories. Basically, anything to do with the new Zelda due sometime late this year for the Gamecube.

Posted by Noir

This just looks so sad and lonely I have to post.
Well, for the Americans, I believe the game is coming out June 1st. (or so says a handful of websites) Europe, they say, is March 1st. But it seems too good to be true. *hangs head* Oh, I will not get my hopes up too high.

Posted by Ch

hey can someone give me a website where i could find any info on this? I saw someones avatar with a pic of this new zelda game and want to know more about it. it looks amazing.

Posted by Last Fog

There's really not much known about this game as of now. Nintendo is pretty hush as usual.

[URL=http://cube.ign.com/objects/572/572738.html]You can go here for some details on the game, screenshots, and the gorgeous one minute trailer.[/URL]

Oh, and whoever said June 1st, don't count on it. That's pretty just a made up date, so I've heard. I wouldn't expect it till probably very late in the year, just in time for the holidays. Hate to break it to you. But then again, who knows.

Posted by Ch

oh man. I'm really excited about this game as much as i was San Andreas. You can knock enemies off their horses too! wow. looks amazing. I'm buying a GC for this game.

Posted by Last Fog

Did you see the trailer? I drooled over the first few seconds, when it gives a view of the beautiful hills with the water streaming down the creek and that bridge crossing over it.

Posted by Bebop

I can guarantee this game will be delayed. Games always are, espcially Nintendo ones. And especially Zelda.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Bebop: I can guarantee this game will be delayed. Games always are, espcially Nintendo ones. And especially Zelda.

Delayed from when till when? There isn't even a release date yet. I just hope it's out during 2005, which they said time and time again it would be.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Delayed from when till when? There isn't even a release date yet. I just hope it's out during 2005, which they said time and time again it would be.

June 1st to November/December.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

I think it is most likely for it to be released in November. All of the big AAA titles that are released in time for the Holidays all are always released in November. Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, Half Life 2, GTA you name it. The only other date I see it getting released if not in November would be durring the summer, which is unlikely given how much these games are delayed.

Posted by Bebop

Zelda as a Xmas pressier will be the best move. It's porbably a long way to getting done and a Xmas release will mean more GC's getting sold.

Posted by Noir

Quoting Bebop: Zelda as a Xmas pressier will be the best move. It's porbably a long way to getting done and a Xmas release will mean more GC's getting sold.

But isnt it too close to the end of GC's "life span"? *sniff* I really wish it would come sooner.

Quoted post: But isnt it too close to the end of GC's "life span"? *sniff* I really wish it would come sooner.

Possibly. Though the Rev may come out before E3 '06, or after. Most likely depend on what happens in this years E3 ('05). If Nintendo simply announces what to expect, what will happen, what it will look like, et cetera, you can expect to wait until after the following E3 ('06) to buy one. But if they have the system actually there (whether on display or playable) it could come out at anytime (most likely Q4 2006).

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Possibly. Though the Rev may come out before E3, or after. Most likely depend on what happens in this years E3. If Nintendo simply announces what to expect, what will happen, what it will look like, et cetera, you can expect to wait until after the following E3 to buy one. But if they have the system actually there (whether on display or playable) it could come out at anytime (most likely Q4).

I find it hard to believe that the Revolution will come out this year. It very well may be, though, since Ninteno blamed their lack of Gamecube's sales on a late start and will try to get ahead of competitors this time around. It would probably be a better plan to hold back for awhile, this new Zelda being a prime example why. This game alone will sell systems, but not if the new console is comes out at the same time.

Quoted post: I find it hard to believe that the Revolution will come out this year.

It won't and I never said it will. I implied more than I said, so it's more confusing than it had to be.

Posted by Last Fog

So if they simply announce it, it will come out earlier than if they have it there playable? Explain.

No.

I mean if they simply give the specs, chances are the will for sure wait until after E3 '06 to release it. This will give them a chance to debut the system and have people get used to it.

However, if they unveil it at this years E3, they could suprise everyone and release it Febuary, March, April, May June, July, et cetera of '06. Basically, they have nothing else to show, it's all out there, everyone has seen it, everyone is used to it. They don't have to wait around for E3 '06 to show their creation, so they are free to do as they please (though they can do whatever they want, it's just a smarter move).

But like I said, they will still probably wait until Christmas to put it on the shelves. More people are willing to spend money on a new system around that time, and chances are, that's the time Sony and MS will be releasing their consoles.

Posted by loony636

They will probably announce the release date about a year before it comes out. The screenshots and the trailers look awesome. Does anyone know what the storyline will be?

Quoted post: They will probably announce the release date about a year before it comes out. The screenshots and the trailers look awesome.

It's being released this year, and if what say is true, a date would have already been released by now.

Quoted post: Does anyone know what the storyline will be?

Probablly along the lines of OoT, with a few variations.

Posted by loony636

But normally they specify the year like (TBA 2005), and then in 2005 they would release the specific date. They haven't even got a title yet. They have said they will release it in 2005 but they still say [QUOTE] Stay tuned for more information![QUOTE]

They also said in an interview last year at E3:

[QUOTE]Aonuma: Unfortunately I can't reveal information (about the storyline) at this time. Wait a little longer.[QUOTE] That was a year ago.

(Can someone tell me how to get those stupid quotes to work!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Posted by ScudZteR

there was a time when there was a lot of talk about it being called Legend of Zelda: Gates of the Realm. but that looks like a bunch of balogna to me. especially because of that doctored picture thay had that had that title on it.

Posted by NegativeTrend

New news. :)
[quote]
Aonuma, who was the level designer for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and directed the follow-up Majora's Mask, is currently overseeing the new GameCube Legend of Zelda. "I'm two-hundred percent involved in its development," he told the publication.
Shigeru Miyamoto's right-hand man was slim on details about the game. "The next episode in the Zelda series for GameCube is already coming, but I can't say absolutely anything about it," he explained. "You know the deal -- even the title and theme are still secret."

However, he did confirm two never-before-known facts about the project. "The next grand Zelda game, which follows chronologically after the Wind Waker, will be released at the end of 2005 in Japan," Aonuma revealed. The late 2005 release date in Japan would indicate that a simultaneous launch in the US could be planned.

Quizzed for more specifics on the game, Aonuma held firm, but did say: "I can reveal one lone secret: it'll be very, very beautiful."
Looks like a later release date then we had hoped. :(

Quoting loony636: But normally they specify the year like (TBA 2005), and then in 2005 they would release the specific date. They haven't even got a title yet. They have said they will release it in 2005 but they still say Stay tuned for more information!

Quoted post: Aonuma: Unfortunately I can't reveal information (about the storyline) at this time. Wait a little longer.[QUOTE] That was a year ago.

Nintendo is incredibly tight-lipped on everything, especially when it comes to highly anticipated things. It will come out in 2005, you don't have to worry about that.

[QUOTE](Can someone tell me how to get those stupid quotes to work!?!?!?!?!?!?)

You can either highlight the text and press the quote icon (speech bubble one). You you can wrap the text [QUOTE ]like this[/QUOTE ] (No spaces)

Quoted post: Looks like a later release date then we had hoped.

Not really. Late 2005 is what was already expected.

Quoted post: But normally they specify the year like (TBA 2005), and then in 2005 they would release the specific date. They haven't even got a title yet. They have said they will release it in 2005 but they still say [QUOTE] Stay tuned for more information![QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Aonuma: Unfortunately I can't reveal information (about the storyline) at this time. Wait a little longer.[QUOTE] That was a year ago.

Nintendo is incredibly tight-lipped on all their projects, espcially when it comes to highly anticipated things. So you'll hear very little about the game until the release date get closer, and even then you may not hear much.

Posted by loony636

Quoting ynotme_89543: there was a time when there was a lot of talk about it being called Legend of Zelda: Gates of the Realm. but that looks like a bunch of balogna to me. especially because of that doctored picture thay had that had that title on it.

Ummmm.... Where did you get that???? Can you give me the website????

Stupid people with their doctored pictures. DIEEEEEEEEE :flame:

Posted by buddha

Will the next zelda be more difficult? I dont know but it better be because wind waker was just to easy and the difficulty combined with the cel shading kind of led me to believe it was aimed at a young audience.I liked wind waker but I personnaly thought OOT was much better and harder for that matter.However I was younger when i bought OOT so I dont know.................... Whats everyone elses opinion?

Posted by Borealis

I'm assuming it's the most difficult version of the Zelda saga. From the trailers alone, it looks too intricate to pass effortlessly.

Posted by Bebop

If the overall visual presentation of a game represents its diffiuclty than. yes. The new Zelda will be so hard it will kill your mum.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Quoting Bebop: If the overall visual presentation of a game represents its diffiuclty than. yes. The new Zelda will be so hard it will kill your mum.

Wow...thats hard.

Posted by Last Fog

I don't know... I doubt it will be very difficult. Probably more than WW, but still not all that hard. How difficult do you want a Zelda game to be? The focus of any one of them to date isn't so much on combat but rather exploration and puzzle solving. In that sense, I think Zelda is pretty difficult. I felt overwhelmed the first time I saw Hyrule field. At any rate, though, it's a good guess that this next one will be more centered around fighting and combat, so if that's the case, yes, it will be harder. Much.

Posted by Random

The trailers for it so far look really good. I hope it's way better then windwaker. Honestly as a pre guess to game of the year 2005. I'm saying it's going to The Legend of Zelda. I could be wrong and it's way too early to judge but it just looks godly.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Borealis: I'm assuming it's the most difficult version of the Zelda saga.

I find it difficult to believe that it'll be harder than The Adventures of Link for the NES, which in my opinion was the most arduous of the Zelda games. Games today, especially big games such as this, are made far easier than they were back in the NES days.

Posted by Slade

Who can say how hard it is, unless you judge just by the graphics or the stern expression on Link's face in the screen shots. I'm just about to **** my pants over being able to behead enemies from Epona's back(and will actually look realistic!). That's what the new Zelda means to me- Realistic graphics, mass-exploration, and huge bosses.

Posted by Last Fog

Beheading? I doubt it. I saw the trailer, and though it may appear that way, I believe it's just their armor that goes flying.

There's no real way to know, BUT:

Quoted post:
Matt responds: Well, Zelda masterminds Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma have indicated in the past that with the new Zelda, Link is grown up, which allows for more complex situations and controls. Also, Miyamoto said that he wanted the game to really emphasize more challenging puzzles. Both of these statements bode well for an overall more difficult and ultimately more satisfying experience.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

i dont know if this is true but i have heard that u can reserve for the game now and if you do you will get a copy of windwaker with the new and improved cool graphics(same as the new gamecube one) with extras.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting inuyasha kicks: i dont know if this is true but i have heard that u can reserve for the game now and if you do you will get a copy of windwaker with the new and improved cool graphics(same as the new gamecube one) with extras.
It's defiantely not true. I read an article disproving it on IGN, but I don't feel like searching for it right now.

Quoted post: i dont know if this is true but i have heard that u can reserve for the game now and if you do you will get a copy of windwaker with the new and improved cool graphics(same as the new gamecube one) with extras.

Nope. That appeared in an EGM article and was only an April Fools joke. You can't even reserve the game yet.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Dexter: I find it difficult to believe that it'll be harder than The Adventures of Link for the NES, which in my opinion was the most arduous of the Zelda games. Games today, especially big games such as this, are made far easier than they were back in the NES days.

I agree. Though most people shun the fact that The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link even existed, the fact is it did, and play a big role in the story line. Overall, The Adventure of Link was indeed the hardest.

As for the new Zelda for Gamecube, I don't expect it to be that hard or even that long. If there's one thing I noticed about people's opinions on Zelda games after OoT was released, it's that everyone has something to complain about in all the other Zeldas. A lot of people deem Ocarina of Time not just the perfect Zelda game, but the perfect videogame in general. I think that's why a lot of people wanted this Zelda to take place around the time of OoT, despite the fact the story line wouldn't allow it. If it looked like OoT and played around the same time as OoT, maybe it'd be as good at OoT. It's completely illogical though, considering it's been confirmed that this Zelda will be a sequel to Wind Waker.

So, judging by the screenshots and video, it's obvious there's a lot less water than there was in Wind Waker. there also appears to be temple designs similar to those in OoT, so maybe something epic will happen unflooding the old Hyrule. There's also a possibility it could be related to Majora's Mask. Maybe Link and Zelda found a new land (Termina which wasn't flooded). The fact is, no one knows how it'll play into the story line, or anything else, but I for one can't wait to find out.

Quoted post: So, judging by the screenshots and video, it's obvious there's a lot less water than there was in Wind Waker. there also appears to be temple designs similar to those in OoT, so maybe something epic will happen unflooding the old Hyrule. There is a possibility it could be related to Majora's Mask. Maybe Link and Zelda found a new land (Termina which wasn't flooded). The fact is, no one knows how it'll play into the story line, or anything else, but I for one can't wait to find out.

Well, remember that they prayed to the ***s for Hyrule to be flooded so the evil could be vanquished (I can't remember the exact details, but I believe that's how it went). So maybe now that the WW Link succeeded in doing that, the water was no longer need. Thus the ***s came down and took the water away. Time passes, people de-evolve (?) back into their old forms.

Posted by FagMo

dudes i dont know what you are all talking about. I have the game and i got it on Febuary 28. i played it for a few days and it wasn't all that good. Really i sucked. Oh *** look at me I've stooped down low enough to buy another dissapointing Zelda game. This will never happen again. Oh and all the good graphics that you saw were just in the beggining scene the rest of them sucked. I almost liked Windwaker better. But all in all the game sucked and dont buy it unless you have lots of money to spend and if you do go burn in a bond fire you buy it cause it sucks.

Posted by loony636

Ummm, you have some serious issues. You must be thinking of Zelda: The Minish Cap or maybe you were playing the old LOZ games.

Quoted post: Legend of Zelda, The (tentative title)
. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TITLE. So Mr. I am really stupid what was the name of this New Zelda Game that you got?

And if you and you're small brain need more proof, look at the screenshots and sample videos on the nintendo website:
(http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=54610f14-1826-4d46-9981-8f72874aee2e). the graphics are much better that windwaker. I even have a picture in my signature if you can't be bothered to look in the nintendo website.

Quoted post: the graphics are much better that windwaker.

No they aren't.

Posted by loony636

Really. So compare these two:
[IMG] http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/games/images/game737-647.jpg[/IMG]
(New unnamed one)

VS

[IMG]http://gamer.no/bilder/gamecube/the_legend_of_zelda_the_wind_waker/25.jpg[/IMG]
(The Wind Waker)

Somehow I think that the new Zelda, with its more realistic look, is better the windwaker with its very animated look.

You can't compare the two. Opinionwise you can, but not if you're going to base it off of facts. They are two very different art styles. And basically WW's cell-shading is about as good as it gets.

If you wanna compare LoZGC's graphics to something compare it with OoT.

Posted by loony636

Ah, touche. Yeah, I guess you're right.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Close. After Ganondorf broke free from the Dark Realm, the people of Hyrule prayed to the ***s in hope that the Hero of Time (Link) would return to save them again. During OoT, because Link just appearing at the Temple of Time, people thought he was sent from the ***s, not from 7 years in the past. Over the period of a couple hundred years, the legend of the Hero of Time had evolved into a legend of a hero sent by the ***s to save them in their darkest day. When Ganondorf escaped, the people thought that Link would return, but in truth, Link had left Hyrule many years ago, and was long since dead.

When Link didn't return to save them, they begged the ***s for help. The ***s decided to seal Hyrule in time until a new Hero of Time was chosen by the Triforce. Because the Master Sword could only be pulled by someone chosen by the ***s, it became the key on the seal of time. But before sealling Hyrule, they sent a selected few people to the highest points in hyrule, these people would rebuild Hyrule after Ganondorf was stopped. But after Hyrule was sealed in time, massive floods sunk Hyrule under a massive sea. The people saw this as a sign from the ***s to forget the old Hyrule, so the elders kept all but the story of the Hero of Time from the young.

At the end of Wind Waker, the King of Hyrule tells Link and Tetra to forget about the old Hyrule, and find there own land.

That's why there aren't many theories as to why the land in the new Zelda game looks so similar to the old Hyrule. We know it takes place sometime after Wind Waker. How it'll play into the rest of the storyline is a mystery.

Posted by FagMo

so when do you kids get a real life?? Oh wait thats right you fags have no girlfriends to look at so you have to convert to games. You losers need to get a life and get off the computer and dont worry about the games name cause when you hear it you will cry from laughing so hard. Oh and did you get a big picture frame for that "signed" picture? Are you going to put it over your bed???????? SO WHY DONT YOU GROW UP GET YOURSELVES SOME GIRLFRIENDS, COME OUT OF THE DARK CLOSET, AND GET SOME REAL FRIENDS, YOU NEED THEM!!!!!!!

Posted by Last Fog

Da[COLOR=sandybrown]m[/COLOR]n... I already dereped this shitface on his last post. Whatever.. this may very well be his last post.

Posted by FagMo

YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!! YEAH RIGHT!!

Posted by FagMo

IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST???? IS THIS MY LAST POST????

Posted by FagMo

Whatever.. this may very well be his last post. SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!SHUT UP YOU FAG!

Linkman: Ah, ok. Guess I haven't played the game in awhile. Should be interesting how it fits together then.

Posted by loony636

Yeah, I mean it does say on the Nintendo website that it is when Link has grown up and take on the adult link role. I wonder if they're doing a sequel to Majora's Mask or whether it is a continuation of the Wind Waker storyline. Very interesting....

By the way, who was that FagMo guy and why have all of his posts been deleted?

Quoted post: Yeah, I mean it does say on the Nintendo website that it is when Link has grown up and take on the adult link role. I wonder if they're doing a sequel to Majora's Mask or whether it is a continuation of the Wind Waker storyline. Very interesting....

They've already said that it's comes sometime after WW. So it's not a MM sequel.

Posted by loony636

Oh yeah, thats right, sorry about that.

[QUOTE]According to GC Caf

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Vampiro: They've already said that it's comes sometime after WW. So it's not a MM sequel.

Not necessarily. At the end of Wind Waker, Link and Tetra set off to find a "new land." If the new Zelda, though not likely, were to have that "new land" be the ruins of Termina, it might have something to do with Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask didn't really set itself up for a sequel though, so if it did take place in the old Termina, it probably wouldn't have a lot to do with the MM storyline.

Quoted post: Not necessarily. At the end of Wind Waker, Link and Tetra set off to find a "new land." If the new Zelda, though not likely, were to have that "new land" be the ruins of Termina, it might have something to do with Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask didn't really set itself up for a sequel though, so if it did take place in the old Termina, it probably wouldn't have a lot to do with the MM storyline.

I thought WW mentioned Link's adventures in MM though?

Posted by loony636

Where did it do that? I've played through the game and I didn't see or hear any reference to MM. I even did it a second time with the walkthrough. No reference. Maybe I didn't hear it becuase I didn't listen to the cutscenes.... Even if it was mentioned, it could still be a sequel, they just skip a 1,000 or so years and fill in the gaps. For example, they say; The Whole of Termina was sunk....over a thousand years later, a new hero arrived...etc,ect.

Though I would like them to do a sequel for MM, I doubt they will.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

There weren't any referrence to Majora's Mask in Wind Waker. The only thing the people in Wind Waker knew about The Hero of Time was the legend at the beginning of the game. It stated that after Link defeated Ganon, he left, never to be seen again. They probably assumed he went back to the heavens. Link in The Wind Waker learned a lot about the Hero of Time and what he did for Hyrule, but nothing about what he did for Termina.

Posted by Last Fog

[URL=http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html]2005 NEW TRAILER!!![/URL]

Posted by Dexter

Whoa, the ending of that was most excellent. The scenery looks absolutely amazing, as do some of those creatures.

Posted by Kamek

As soon as I came home I rushed to the computer to see this. I believe i just ejaculated all over my keyboard.

Posted by Dexter

I thought I saw a creature that resembled a pachycephalosaur! Looked as though it was one of the major bosses too. I hope there are many new, intriguing, endearing, and bloodcurdling creatures in this game and not too many duplicates from past installments, although those are welcomed as well and I can tell there are several of them already included.

Posted by Alastor

...holy shat I'm in love.

This thing's gotta be pre-WW. There's a Goron, and lots of Hyrule-esque scenery.

Posted by Bebop

YES! EVERTHING I COULD POSSIBLY WANT FROM A ZELDA GAME!

FIGHTING GORONS! RIDING PIGS! GHOSTS! KITTIES!

CAPITALS ARE SHOUTING!

The graphics and scenery are, like Dex said, stunning. Alot of new enimies all bearing LOTR traits. I wasn't actually that excited about this new Zelda beofer. I just sure it as a game I would buy regardles ebcuase I'm a fan. A zelda game has never had a high spot on my wish list but after seeing that trailer I can safely say this little gem has crawled to the top.

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]I think the water and lighting effects are sure to be spectacular. That video really can't do it justice.

And holy crap! You get to ride a wild boar!! I was also intrigued when Link picks up and runs off with the stray cat into the depths of that lush forest, blades of grass being kicked up from his feet and all. I can only imagine the extreme attention to detail in this game.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Bebop

I didn't notice the grass being kicked up but now i see it. Nintendo aren't holding any punches.

I really wonder how long Ninty has been working on this.

HOLY CRAP! CRAZY BABOONS WITH BOOMERANGS? IS THERE ANYTHING THIS GAME DOESNT HAVE? *not: no evidence of flying naked monk*

Posted by VicE

REOINJREIPOGJR[IRTPROIU98E479486!!! NEW TRAILER! PRETTY! MUCH LOVE!

Yep, I'm officially blown away know. To tell the truth, I was a bit concerned about this game at first - I wasn't sure if suddenly switching from the TWW style to this one was such a good idea, and to be honestly, I actually loved the cel-shaded look and hated to see it go. But after seeing this movie... holy crap, I'm in love. The water effects, the scenery, the monster designs, EVERYTHING in this game looks fantastic. I still love the Wind Waker look, of course, but as far as I'm concerned Zelda 05 can't come soon enough ^_^

Oh, and the game has KITTIES. <3 Yay, kitties!

Posted by maian

I saw this video about 2 hours, but I was in shock, so I couldn't post. :(

This is unimaginably awesome. I was blown away by the first trailer, but this is crazy. Needless to say, it looks amazing. The detail is probably the most I've seen in a Gamecube game.

Satoru stated that it's a continuation of wind waker. So, my only theory is that they found a new land, or that Old Hyrule was unflooded. (Which I would very much love) There's going to be so much to this game. It looks as if our old goron buddies have returned. I hope to see a Zora in there. It looks like a very dark game, too. It almost looks like it's in the middle of a war. If so, all my hopes about this are fulfilled. The beautiful ending with the wolf is just another clue to it's darkness.

Can't wait.

Posted by Hyper

I made a new thread on the video before checking this thread as there wasn't already a thread about it. Mods can delete if they want but this is big news, maybe it should have its own thread instead of confining everything to this one?

Well ****. What more can I say that hasn't already been said?

Posted by maian

Ugh, watching it just makes me weep for the fact that I can't have my hands on it till the end of the year.

Posted by Pacifico

It just makes me weep knowing the fact that I can't have my hands on it till Fall...

Quoted post: It just makes me weep knowing the fact that I can't have my hands on it till Fall...

If it means I'll be able to play a fantastic game like the one I see in the trailer, I'll gladly waity another year.

Posted by loony636

Wow.. incredible. Link can now swim? Amazing. The graphics were awesome.

I agree with the people that it looks like Hyrule and LOTR combined, but I don't think that Hyrule would have been unsunk.

Quoted post: So, my only theory is that they found a new land, or that Old Hyrule was unflooded.

I agree with the new land statement, but not that Old Hyrule was unflooded, didn't the king say at the end of WW to forget about Old Hyrule? I think that the new land could either be a copmletely new land or Termina.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I fell into a state of shock after watching that video. I'm still not sure what to say about it. I didn't think it was possible, but Shigeru Miyamoto, and everyone else who worked on this game, just put every other game's graphics to shame. If the game turns out to be just as good as that video makes it look, it may just out do Ocarina of Time.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, this looks incredible. Rarely do I purchase games immediately upon their release, but I may have to make an exception for this one. It looks fantastic.

Posted by Alastor

That trailer's already proved that the game'll surpass OoT, in my opinion. Just imagine. The graphics will get even better than that before the release rolls around.
I think, roughly, the game's about 70-75% done. I think I remember them saying it was 50% when the first trailer came out...

Anyway, like Vampiro said. If I can get my hands on a product that good-looking, I'll wait however long I must.

Life is good.

Posted by starwolf

i think the game is being realest this autum so time yeah

Posted by ScudZteR

from the looks of the second trailor these graphics will easily rival those os RE4 and dare i say, even Halo 2 :sniper:

Posted by loony636

Quoting ynotme_89543: and dare i say, even Halo 2

Why would you dare to say that about Halo 2. Halo 2 was good, but it was very overrated. Zelda Oot and MM were both better that Halo 2. They had the ability to rome around and do side quests. Halo and Halo 2 have fixed storylines that offer no ability to 'roam'. They get boring after a while becuase there is no variety in them. The zeldas were clearly superior.

Posted by ScudZteR

the graphics and "physics" in Halo 2 were amazing, the whole problem with it was that it didnt really expand or improve upon the old Halo. but Zelda looks like it may even have better graphics than that..

and on the lines of the trailor...i just noticed that there is a glitch in it! has anyone noticed that there is a glitch in the new zelda trailor? its in the begining when link is swimming and he dives down...this "hood" is half way through the sheild, like the matter is passing through solid matter... its hard to believe that they would let this go, espesially in such a highly awaited game, they would want to make it look as good as possible

Posted by ScudZteR

and on the lines of the trailor...i just noticed that there is a glitch in it! has anyone noticed that there is a glitch in the new zelda trailor? its in the begining when link is swimming and he dives down...this "hood" is half way through the sheild, like the matter is passing through solid matter... its hard to believe that they would let this go, espesially in such a highly awaited game, they would want to make it look as good as possible

Posted by Alastor

It's in the works, man. Hundreds of completely finished games do that. You can't expect perfection, no matter what the franchise is. Every game has its faults, no matter how good. There is no "ultimate game". -_-

And I personally thought Halo 2's graphics were only good in game. The cinematics made me want to vomit. :(

Anyway, stop talking about Halo in the freaking Zelda forum. 'tis off topic and will be deleted.

Quoting ynotme_89543: and on the lines of the trailor...i just noticed that there is a glitch in it! has anyone noticed that there is a glitch in the new zelda trailor? its in the begining when link is swimming and he dives down...this "hood" is half way through the sheild, like the matter is passing through solid matter... its hard to believe that they would let this go, espesially in such a highly awaited game, they would want to make it look as good as possible

OMG HIS HAT GOES THROUGH HIS SHIELD! WORST GAME EVER!

Christ, how many times have I heard this in the past three days. It's called clipping. Every 3-D game has clipping.

Posted by ScudZteR

thats not what i meant at all, ur twisting my words, i meant that i thought they would want to put only the very best clips into the movie. i think its going to be an awsome game.

Posted by Last Fag The Faggot

I think the water and lighting effects are sure to be spectacular. That video really can't do it justice.

And holy crap! You get to ride a wild boar!! I was also intrigued when Link picks up and runs off with the stray cat into the depths of that lush forest, blades of grass being kicked up from his feet and all. I can only imagine the extreme attention to detail in this game.

HEY FAGGOT WHY DONT YOU JUST BLOW YOUR LOAD ON THE LITTLE BOYS THAT YOU F

Posted by loony636

No, you are the faggot. Why do you think that we are faggots?

Posted by Arczu

I saw that trailer, and It's great. I'd say more, but stuff to do.

Posted by Gamemakinryis

when do you think it is coming out?

Quoted post: when do you think it is coming out?

As mentioned probably a few times in this thread already, Q4 '05. So it could be any time between October and December.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Gamemakinryis: when do you think it is coming out?

There has already been much speculation on this topic. Here are some of the replies:

Quoted post: The late 2005 release date in Japan would indicate that a simultaneous launch in the US could be planned.

Quoting Vampiro: Not really. Late 2005 is what was already expected.

Etc.

Posted by Andrewbulls

wait i dont understand this man if it takes place after wind waker then that link isnt the original link right i mean whats the deal witth all these zelda games its like playing the same role but different storylines i think it takes place after mm if im wroung then whatever i dont care i just wana play it ha que no

Posted by loony636

Quoting Andrewbulls: wait i dont understand this man if it takes place after wind waker then that link isnt the original link right i mean whats the deal witth all these zelda games its like playing the same role but different storylines i think it takes place after mm if im wroung then whatever i dont care i just wana play it ha que no

That is probably the worst piece of punctuation and spelling I have ever seen. But putting that aside, I think you were trying to say that every Link plays the same character but in a different storyline. This is true because in every game, it is a different Link. So, for example, the Link in Oot may have been Link VII, and the Link in WW may be Link VIII.

Posted by powerpuff

They all look very alike to be different people. I think this has something to do with the clone wars!

Posted by loony636

They are different people, but Nintendo just make them look the same.

Posted by Andrewbulls

thats sucks man i would much rather be the original through the hole way. but o well. and another thing u little ***** if i wanted to know ur fu cking opinion on my spelling i would have ask i dont care if u kick me off like a little bit ch that u are cause u aint got **** better to do anyways. have a nice day. (inside your house on ur chair sitting on ur fattass)

Posted by Andrewbulls

i would much rather be the original link through the whole way but o well. another thing if i wanted to know how my ****ing spelling was i would have asked a little smartass ***** like you. go ahead and kick me off this **** i dont ****ing care you aint got **** better to do anyways. ****ing inside your house all day sitting on that fattass of yours day dreaming of stuff u will never be able to do how ****ing pathetic. have a good day..................................*******

Posted by Dark Link

New Zelda Details: Part I
That's right. All-new infomation!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/606/606585p1.html

April 21, 2005 - A flood of all-new information on The Legend of Zelda came pouring through the Internet this morning, thanks to Spanish games publication Hobby Consolas. Fans of the Zelda series have faced an arduous wait for details, since Nintendo has kept most everything concerning the game a guarded secret. Apart from an aesthetic makeover, most gamers could only speculate as to what elements would separate this new Zelda from previous titles in the series.

The new report points to several key aspects which should pull the new Zelda ahead of its older brethren. For starters, The Legend of Zelda for GameCube promises some 70 hours of gameplay spread across a world eclipsing that of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. In fact, the new adventure sports a gameworld two to three times larger than the classic Nintendo 64 title. With such a massive play area, Link will need serious transportation. As seen in previous trailers, Link will once again call on a loyal steed to carry him around Hyrule.

That chunk of information seemed obvious given the official trailers. It was also easy to guess combat on horseback would play a significant role in the game, but now it's confirmed thanks to recent reports. Gamers can fully expect spectacular horse battles. Whether gamers will fight bosses on horseback remains uncertain, but it seems likely. According to the publication, this new information comes from three separate game demos shown to the writer of the article. Link sports a new farmer's outfit in one of the demos, which takes place at the beginning of the game in Tauro Village. At this point in the game Link is said to be 16 years old. But according to the report, Link will mature during the course of the adventure. Whether this means he will simply "grow up" in terms of character or age physically remains unknown...it could be both. But the direct Spanish tranlsation of a passage in the article states that "although Link will be an adult at the start of the adventure, he will also mature little by little, over the passage of time."

From screens printed in the magazine, the new outfit looks to blend "peasant" clothes of different cultures to achieve an altogether unique style. These same screens show the Triforce emblazoned on Link's left hand. Cool indeed. Link himself looks different from any other Zelda title. Eiji Aonuma wanted Link to sport a manga-inspired look, partly because the Link shown in the Space World 2000 looked like a lifeless puppet. Link and other characters still look more realistic, especially considering the visual style employed in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, only with slightly exaggerated facial features. It's an interesting blend of realism and fantasy.

According to the report, Taoru Village looked huge and boasted several zones. It also acted as a tutorial of sorts, much like Kikiri Village in The Ocarina of Time. Eiji Aonuma designed the tutorial as a fun, seamless experience so fans of the series and newcomers alike wouldn't get bored or frustrated with it. In one instance, Link needs to help a pregnant women carry heavy objects into her house as a way of teaching players specific skills. Another demo has Link on horseback herding cows into a ranch. This mini-game has a time limit, so players need to guide Link quickly to achieve the goal.

Yet another demo, arguably the coolest, saw Link battle a horde of armored minions while riding his horse. The article stated a player could choose between Link's sword and bow to take down the enemy riders. Apparently, Link's bow no longer boasts infinite range, so players need to move in for the kill with both weapons. Players will also need to dodge long-range and short-range attacks from enemy riders, making room for strategic battles. The battlefield featured in the demo seemed massive, according to the publication, with ample room for each rider to maneuver his horse, or bore, whichever the case.

Unlike the aesthetic elements, controlling Link will feel familiar to anyone who has played the last two games in the series. Jumping will be automatic, for example, and gamers will once again use "Z targeting" to lock on enemies. Only now, of course, the GameCube controller's L trigger replaces the N64's Z trigger. Unfortunately, there's no new info regarding the game's story or title, since Eiji Aounuma wants to save all the "big" surprises for the Electronic Entertainment Exp next month. Well, Aonuma did let something slip. He said the reason they chose to go with realistic, transparent water as opposed to the type seen in The Wind Waker, is that it simply makes the world more beautiful and also opens up a new "subaquatic" world. A new, underwater temple, perhaps?

And there you have it folks, new information. Such a rare thing these days.

Stay tuned for more.

Posted by loony636

*Jaw Drops* I NEED THIS GAME!!!

Posted by Al Borland

What is with all of this wolf stuff I'm hearing about? Apparently Link can morph into a wolf or something like that. If this is true, then Nintendo sucks.

Posted by Last Fog

Yea, I'm not at all thrilled about the morhping thing. It's not known if you can actually do that, but you can at least communicate with animals. At any rate, no need to say Nintendo sucks. This game will rule no matter what.

Posted by loony636

Morf into a worf, that would be SO COOL!!! Imagine all the things you could do as a wolf! That said, I really doubt that Nintendo would do that. Talking to animals would be good aswell.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting loony636: Morf into a worf, that would be SO COOL!!! Imagine all the things you could do as a wolf!
You mean... the same stuff you could do as Link, only less? Pfff....

Quoted post: What is with all of this wolf stuff I'm hearing about? Apparently Link can morph into a wolf or something like that. If this is true, then Nintendo sucks.

'tis all sepculation my friend

Posted by Al Borland

They seem pretty positive about the whole thing over at IGN.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Al Borland: They seem pretty positive about the whole thing over at IGN.

Yeah, still speculation. They see a wolf at the end of the video and are like, "wow, Link can maybe transform into a wolf", and how would that make the game suck?

Posted by loony636

Or maybe its just a random wolf that Link has to kill during the game.

Quoted post: Or maybe its just a random wolf that Link has to kill during the game.

I don't believe something that random would get that much screen time.

Plus, it's a wolf... and you have a sword and arrows that can explode.

Posted by loony636

Arrows that can explode? Sweet.

Posted by powerpuff

Maybe the wolf is a spirit guide.

Posted by Pit

****, I just thought of the role the wolf may play. Maybe, like the Owl, the wolf is Link's new guide. Link always had someone talk to him, whether it'd be a talking owl or a talking boat. Maybe the wolf carries the spirit of a sage or just a spirit that will aid Link throughout his adventure.

Posted by powerpuff

I just said that!

Posted by Pit

Quoting powerpuff: I just said that!

Yeah, but when Pit says it, it's cooler. :mad:

And more detailed.

I could understand it being a guide, but not like the owl, where it actually talked. I imagine the wolf being a lot more distant and mysterious.

Posted by Andrewbulls

so whats up with gannon anyone know yet?

Posted by loony636

No.

Just a hint, fix your grammer.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting loony636: No.

Just a hint, fix your grammer.

Stop posting in an attempt to get others to fix their grammar when you can't even properly spell the word, 'kay? ;)

Posted by loony636

Well, I fixed that up, I've never been able to spell grammar, but I still have pretty good grammar, unlike Andrewbulls.

Posted by maian

His post was fine. If you can comprehend it easily, no need in posting about it.

Posted by Pit

Storyline thusfar:

Link is a snot nosed teen, 16 years old living in Taoru village. What's their ties with Hyrule? Well, they grow crops and trade with Hyrule. The Mayor of Taoru village who usually goes to Hyrule is unable to go, so he calls upon Link to do it. Of course, as you go to Hyrule something happens.

OKAY, GUYZ, SOMETHING QUICK:

Who is this mysterious figure behind Link? Ganon? I think not. Look at the robe carefully and you see something... like perhaps an eyeball. Yup, that's the Sheikah sign.

Don't know if anyone else caught this, but of course, this is what's weird. Is this the mysterious figure that aids Link throughout his quest? And is he/she able to transform/morph into a wolf? Zelda who had magical powers passed down from the Sheikah tribe was able to transform from Zelda into Sheik at any moment she chose.

Gah, I never even noticed that eye. Whoever saw that has amazing eyesight.

Just adds more mystery.

Posted by loony636

That is very impressive eyesight.

Posted by Pit

Quoting loony636: That is very impressive eyesight.

Plus, another thing that I left out in my previous post. In that picture, they show the wolf howling at the moon. Now, maybe it's Nintendo hinting that the wolf will play a role in the game or maybe it's like what speedy said to me, it's to set the dark theme, which is also cool I guess. I mean, it does make the game look darker, well darker than any Zelda game I know.

Now, about the speculation about Link transforming into a wolf, here's my thoughts on that.

Real? In no way, shape or form do I think it's real. I'd understand if perhaps the wolf, well, just wasn't a regular wolf. What abilities is Link to gain that will aid him on his quest and solve puzzles by turning into a wolf... howling and making blocks go away? See, in MM it made sense for Link to transform into those 3 entities. It made sense considering the events that were going on and it gave Link abilities and helped him solve puzzles. The wolf shown in the video is nothing more than a wolf howling at a full moon. So I think that theory is just bizarre.

Posted by Andrewbulls

Yeah no kidding, we had no problem with the masks huh lol. was that good enough grammer you *******. whats your problem man?

Posted by loony636

*sigh* When you type, you can correct your grammer. Not correcting it means that you either don't care, or don't know how to type with good grammer.

But back to the topic, I don't think that transforming into a wolf would really add much to the game. I personally disliked in MM how you had to keep on changing masks. Especially the Deku Mask.

Posted by Dark Link

New Zelda Details: Part II
That's right. Even more all-new infomation.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/607/607433p1.html?fromint=1

April 25, 2005 - Late last week, the Spanish games publication Hobby Consolas gushed new information on Nintendo's upcoming The Legend of Zelda for GameCube. Up until that point, the ever-secretive Nintendo had barely released any information at all, opting to keep Link's latest adventure buried under hype and speculation. A few days after Hobby Consolas exposed the new information, another games publication, Electronic Gaming Monthly, hits newsstands revealing even more details.

For starters, Link doesn't come from Hyrule. Instead, he hails from a quaint farming community called Taoru Village, which also marks the geographical location of the start of the game. Hyrule and Tarou form a partnership, with Tarou raising the livestock used and eaten by its much larger neighbor. Every year, each village or town sends its mayor to a meeting in hopes of strengthening or maintaining the overall sense of community. One particularly year, however, the mayor can't make it and sends Link as the town's last-minute representative. During the trip, Link encounters something that triggers the start of his epic adventure.

In the article, director Eiji Aonuma reiterated that Legend of Zelda for GameCube would eclipse The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in terms of gameplay length and overall physical size. The combat system, however, will feel very familiar to those who've played Link's previous outing on the Nintendo GameCube, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. That's not to say it's identical. Aonuma states the team has reworked the system to include new moves, such as a downward stab, plus other refinements. Also, the cool counter-attack move from Wind Waker will make a comeback.

It should seem pretty obvious, but Aonuma confirmed both Zelda and Ganon will appear in the game. And yes, Link needs to rescue her. Also, gamers can expect to spend time fishing. And not just for treasure, as in Wind Waker, but for actual fish like in older Zelda titles. Unfortunately, the new Zelda title is still unclear, but Aonuma hints it will be "mysterious" and could allude to something major that only players knee-deep in the adventure will understand

Furthermore, Link will gain the ability to communicate with animals. Aonuma didn't go into any details, so it's anyone's guess as to how Link will do so. Maybe this has something to do with another one of Aonuma's revelations: that there is one very important item Nintendo has yet to disclose which greatly influences the flow of the game. Sounds very interesting, no? In addition to all the aforementioned info, Aonuma and company have not yet decided when exactly this new Zelda adventure takes place in terms of the grand Zelda timeline.

But there will be much more information soon, so stay tuned.

Posted by Andrewbulls

:link: :bowser: :link: well this ****ing room dont have standards you stupid ****. i can type however i want why the hell does it bother you anyways?

OH! but back on topic. :link:
wasn't that posted already? i could be wrong but, i think it was.
the funny thing is that, less then half the stuff we say about the game in this forum is actually true lol o well just to give us an idea. hey maybe you can go to the dark world or something like that.... you know like in a link to the past. sorry i dont really know much about these zelda games. and i know that mushroom guy is gonna say something dumb about me and i dont give a ****. :link: :devil: :link:

Posted by Dark Link

Nah...The one I posted above you was Part II of the new details...I posted Part I a couple of pages back

Posted by FLiPBoY

Heres what I think... Since Link will be able to communicate with animals, the wolf will maybe be an aid to him, like Navi was to Link in OoT where she told him where to go.. Well maybe not, but I'm sure the wolf will have an important role in the game.

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

OK..I am going to end all the rumors about the release date of this game-----I work in a game store ..... OFFICAL WORD FROM A NINTENDO REP...the EARLIEST date it will be released in Early DECEMBER OF 2005!!! between 12-01-05 and 12-12-05 The title is simply "Legend Of Zelda".

Best regards
MetroidPrimeMan

Quoted post: Heres what I think... Since Link will be able to communicate with animals, the wolf will maybe be an aid to him, like Navi was to Link in OoT where she told him where to go.

Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking. Though the wolf would be to cumbersome to be an aid like Navi was. So I'm not sure.

Quoted post: OK..I am going to end all the rumors about the release date of this game-----I work in a game store ..... OFFICAL WORD FROM A NINTENDO REP...the EARLIEST date it will be released in Early DECEMBER OF 2005!!! between 12-01-05 and 12-12-05 The title is simply "Legend Of Zelda".

Not even Nintendo knows the specific date ;)

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting MetroidPrimeMan: OK..I am going to end all the rumors about the release date of this game-----I work in a game store ..... OFFICAL WORD FROM A NINTENDO REP...the EARLIEST date it will be released in Early DECEMBER OF 2005!!! between 12-01-05 and 12-12-05 The title is simply "Legend Of Zelda".

Best regards
MetroidPrimeMan

Yeah...so you work in a game store...It's Not Official Regardless. Plus you never ended ALL RUMORS about the game. Only a Tenative Release date.
I mean the way it's going...it might come out November, or Early December.
How do you know they won't suddenly Push it back to January or something?
and I doubt the title will be "Legend of Zelda" There's gonna be an addon to the title...they can't have two Zelda games with the same name.

Remember the very first Zelda game is called "The Legend of Zelda"
If it is true about early december then they slightly pushed it back. First I heard June/July A while back. Then we have November...now it's Early December. Early December is NOT Early Q4.

Ok...I'm done :p

You said far to much there, Dark Link.

Posted by loony636

*sigh*. Why don't we all just wait to find out when its released?

Posted by Pit

Quoting loony636: *sigh*. Why don't we all just wait to find out when its released?

Last I thought speculating was allowed in a forum.

Posted by Chronic

I cannot wait for this game to come out it looks dam.n close to real.

Quoting Vampiro: And more detailed.

I could understand it being a guide, but not like the owl, where it actually talked. I imagine the wolf being a lot more distant and mysterious.

Maybe...maybe it's like Lassie!

Quoted post: Maybe...maybe it's like Lassie!

Nintendo needs to hire you.

Quoted post: Last I thought speculating was allowed in a forum.

Plus, speculating is fun.

Posted by loony636

Okay, you like speculation hey....Well then, HERE'S SOME SPECULATION THAT WILL [SIZE=5]BLOW[/SIZE] [SIZE=6]YOUR[/SIZE] [SIZE=7]MIND[/SIZE]

The moon has a face because the moon is in fact the moon from Majora's mask who is now helping Link in his quest. The wolf is like hundreds of other animals that Link can now control with his flute. The name of the game is probably going to be Legend of Zelda: Ocariana of my ***. I DON'T CARE FOR SPECUALTION!!!

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/411/1/
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7739

Quoting ZU:
Rumours have emerged stating that this will be the official subtitle for the game which is just currently tentatively titled Legend of Zelda GC. Get the full scoop inside!

I've gotten numerous e-mails about this the past two days or so, and the main sources for this rumour is Cube-Europe and the June issue of the magazine GameInformer.

I can not verify the validity of the GI tips I got, but I see no reason why people would report this to us as a hoax, and as you can clearly see Cube-Europe seems to be convinced that this is indeed the real title for the game.

Quoting Cube-Europe:
# GAMECUBE Battalion Wars
# Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix
# Donkey Konga 2
# Mario Party 7
# Pokemon XD (a full-blown RPG)
# Super Mario Strikers (a Mario soccer title)
# The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Formerly listed as The Legend of Zelda)

Make of it what you will.

Posted by Linko_16

Better than "Blades Will Bleed".

Posted by VicE

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/eternalsaturn/twilight_logo.jpg[/IMG]

Looks legit... pretty logo, anyways.

Posted by Last Fog

It can't be. Nintendo won't reveal the actual name until later this week at the big expo. Twilight Princess?? That doesn't seem to fit the game at all. Where'd you get that from?

Logo looks photoshopped by fan. Not official anyways...

But I've heard many people say they hate the new title (if it is the new title), but I love it.

Quoted post: Where'd you get that from?

I posted two links...

Posted by VicE

I just heard someone say that Gamespot acidentally put up their info too early and then took it down, and that's where the logo came from... don't know how true that is, though. :/ I dunno, I got it off a post someone made on another board; it's on my photobucket account as I didn't feel like finding the site again so I just uploaded the version of it I had saved.

With a little touching up, it could be a great logo. The wolf is quite awesome.

Posted by Linko_16

Twilight Princess may sound like some kind of Magical Girl Anime, but I'm sure it'll seem better when you understand the context. Remember how dumb "The Wind Waker" sounded before its release? There's probably a character in the game, Zelda or not, who's known as the Twilight Princess whose power's derived from day and night or whatever.

Posted by Siazo

If you go to Zelda.com they've got the logo with the word Zelda up near the top, although chances are you've already seen it.

Once again, I love the title. I don't understand why pople think it sounds girly. Wow it has the word Princess in it. Look at the actual francise name Legend of Zelda. It's always had a girly name in it.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I agree. It doesn't sound "kiddy" at all to me. In fact, the first thing I thought of when I found out the title was "Are they going to make Zelda the villain!?"

Posted by loony636

Quoting loony636: Okay, you like speculation hey....Well then, HERE'S SOME SPECULATION THAT WILL [SIZE=5]BLOW[/SIZE] [SIZE=6]YOUR[/SIZE] [SIZE=7]MIND[/SIZE]

The moon has a face because the moon is in fact the moon from Majora's mask who is now helping Link in his quest. The wolf is like hundreds of other animals that Link can now control with his flute. The name of the game is probably going to be Legend of Zelda: Ocariana of my ***. I DON'T CARE FOR SPECUALTION!!!

Oh noes!!! Nobody in this forum can see SARCASM when they see it.

Posted by Pacifico

Quoting loony636: Oh noes!!! Nobody in this forum can see SARCASM when they see it.

That wasn't sarcasm. It was pure stupidity.

Posted by loony636

Obviously everyone in this forum hates me.

Quoted post: Obviously everyone in this forum hates me.

You don't make it easy to like you.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Vampiro: You don't make it easy to like you.

For real. :cool:

Posted by maian

Quoting loony636: Obviously everyone in this forum hates me.

True. :)

If you'd stop acting like an idiot and making a moron out of yourself, it could help. But, you apparently aren't capable of doing that. :(

Quoting loony636: Obviously everyone in this forum hates me.

Boo-hoo. Either shape up, or leave.

Posted by loony636

I'm not saying it bothers me, I'm just stating the obvious.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting loony636: I'm not saying it bothers me, I'm just stating the obvious.
In that case, shut up.

Back on topic... I saw in my most recent Game Informer a list of Nintendo's releases for 2006. Issue 146, Page 28. And there, at the bottom, was Twilight Princess! I got pretty ****ed. But I figured it was a careless mistake.

So I checked ign's release dates and it says Oct. 2005.

Can anybody fill me in?

Quoted post: Can anybody fill me in?

As far as the general public knows... it'll be released some time in the fourth quater (September, October, November, December). Chances are, November right before Thanksgiving.

Unless Nintendo can't finish it of course. And even then, they might rush it out the door in hopes of getting it on the shelves to get as many sales as possible.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: As far as the general public knows... it'll be released some time in the fourth quater (September, October, November, December). Chances are, November right before Thanksgiving.
Yea, I've known this for months now. It's just weird that it's listed as a 2006 release, especially in GI. Thats a pretty highly regarded mag.

[quote]Unless Nintendo can't finish it of course. And even then, they might rush it out the door in hopes of getting it on the shelves to get as many sales as possible.I highly doubt Nintendo would rush a game just for sales. They'd rather make it as good as possible to make up for whatever sales.

I mean, after all, Nintendo is practically synonomous with delay.

Quoted post: I highly doubt Nintendo would rush a game just for sales. They'd rather make it as good as possible to make up for whatever sales.

You're telling me Wind Waker was a complete game? Yeah, it was pretty good, but there's no way it's as finished as it could be.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: You're telling me Wind Waker was a complete game? Yeah, it was pretty good, but there's no way it's as finished as it could be.
Well no, from what I've heard, it was disappointingly short. But then again, it came out in March, right? So why would they have rushed it? I think it was just a short game. Also, it may have been just a "test" game with the cel shading and all. Who knows. There's rumors that TP was in development before WW's release.

Quoted post: Well no, from what I've heard, it was disappointingly short.

Yeah, that's unfinished for a Zelda game. There's no excuse for it's length.

Plus, March and around that time are an important time in gaming.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Apparently, Twilight Princess has actually been finished for quite some time: http://www.jeux-france.com/news8581_zelda-ds--gamecube.html

[quote]Le prochain

Posted by Alastor

I thought Nintendo themselves had actually confirmed it to be 100% complete. It's just under postgame development, last I heard.

Quoting Alastor: I thought Nintendo themselves had actually confirmed it to be 100% complete. It's just under postgame development, last I heard.

Huh. Still though, I wouldn't call that technically complete. A game could be finished, but it could also be broken.

Posted by loony636

Well, regardless of whether its finished or not, Nintendo still aren't releasing it for several months.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

There's [url=http://cube.ign.com/articles/621/621258p2.html]a new article[/url] about Twilight Princess on IGN that confirms some things seen in the new trailer as well as reveals some new info on the game. According to the article (Possible spoilers!!!!):

-The game is set between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker
-Zelda is the cloaked figure seen in the trailer and artwork
-Ganon is in the game
-Skull Kid, or at least some incarnation thereof, makes an appearance in a newly released video.
-Midna and wolf Link are "inseperable" in the Twilight Realm (though I believe you still control Link and Midna acts independently)
-Midna, like Link and everyone else in the evil world, has a different form in normal Hyrule. Of course, Nintendo has yet to reveal what it is.
-The Twilight Realm has a "sci-fi" feel to it, though the game is still very fantasy oriented
-The world of Twilight Princess is apparently so large that Epona is absolutely indespensible to travelling it. It would simply take too long to hike across it. There might also be another mode of transportation available to Link- a winged creature!
-Locations in the game (dungeons and such) will also be so huge that they practically dwarf Link.
-There will be more dungeons in Twilight Princess than there have been in any previous Zelda game
-There will also be many more items and weapons than there have been before, some of which are entirely new to the series.
-You will be able to combine items, such as bombs and arrows to make explosive arrows.
-Fishing and using Cuccos to hover are back. :)

Posted by loony636

On the Nintendo website it now says that the release date it Holiday 2005. Is that the coming holidays? I live in Australia and I really have no idea when Holiday 2005 is...

Also, this seems very similar to a Zelda game released for gameboy where Link has to go into 'Shadow Hyrule' as well as 'Normal Hyrule'. I believe it was called 'A Link to the Past' but I can't remember if that's its real name...

Quoted post: On the Nintendo website it now says that the release date it Holiday 2005. Is that the coming holidays? I live in Australia and I really have no idea when Holiday 2005 is...

Holiday season refers to the time around Christmas/Thanksgiving.

Quoted post: Also, this seems very similar to a Zelda game released for gameboy where Link has to go into 'Shadow Hyrule' as well as 'Normal Hyrule'. I believe it was called 'A Link to the Past' but I can't remember if that's its real name...

Yeah, similar mechanic, light and dark. Different though.

Posted by loony636

Thanks for that Vampiro.

Posted by SavingJoesph

when exactly does this game come out

Posted by Madame Flurrie

This October, if I'm not mistaken.

Quoted post: This October, if I'm not mistaken.

November more likely, what with the American Thanksgiving and all.

Posted by loony636

On the official Nintendo website it just says 'Holiday 2005', when is that?

Posted by maian

Holiday 2005 would most likely refer to October-January, most likely November/December.

Quoting Vamp: [QUOTE=loony]On the Nintendo website it now says that the release date it Holiday 2005. Is that the coming holidays? I live in Australia and I really have no idea when Holiday 2005 is...

Holiday season refers to the time around Christmas/Thanksgiving.

Quoting maian: [QUOTE=loony]On the official Nintendo website it just says 'Holiday 2005', when is that?

Holiday 2005 would most likely refer to October-January, most likely November/December.

What the hell?

Posted by Alaster

i like zelda its a great game

Posted by Alaster

i hope the twighlight princess will be as just as good as the other ones

Posted by loony636

Wow, a double post. At least Alaster is banned....

Quoting Vampiro: What the hell?

I apologise for that. I forgot I asked the question before.

Posted by Riku

me and my freinds are in an argument over if zelda would be considered an rpg. help?!!!

Posted by loony636

Are you kidding? What else would it be? All the other Zelda games are RPGs and this one is no different.

Quoted post: me and my freinds are in an argument over if zelda would be considered an rpg. help?!!!

A/A with RPG elements.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: A/A with RPG elements.

It's all 3. By simply having RPG elements, you'd be saying that Zelda isn't an RPG at all. It is, but breaks off from the traditional RPG games like Final Fantasy or other Action games with "HP" and "MP", which Zelda has, but in form of a heart gauge and a magic bar, which serves in the same way.

Posted by Drewboy64

When this game comes out, sorry for the profanity, I will ejaculate massively.

Posted by Alastor

RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED

November 11, 2005

Can't wait.

Posted by Last Fog

Don't count on it.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Nov. 11 2005 is the release date. I preordered it : )

Posted by Klarth

Not a bad date. I'll probably ask for it for Chrimbo.

Posted by Zeratul

im sick of everyone saying that this game is going to be the best Zelda game ever. people in my town wont shut up about it, i mean of course its gonna be the best Zelda game until another Zelda comes out and so on.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Zeratul: im sick of everyone saying that this game is going to be the best Zelda game ever. people in my town wont shut up about it, i mean of course its gonna be the best Zelda game until another Zelda comes out and so on.
Not necessarily. It's not like every single one in the series was always better than the one before. Not many people liked the adventures of link. But this one, though, does look to be spectacular.

Posted by maian

A lot of people hate Majora's Mask (even though it's my personal favorite :cool: ) or, even Wind Waker. For a while, LTTP was the best Zelda game ever. Then, OOT came out. OOT has been holding it's position, even after 2 3D games were released, and many Gameboy games.

Posted by Fantum

Quoting maian: A lot of people hate Majora's Mask (even though it's my personal favorite :cool: ) or, even Wind Waker. For a while, LTTP was the best Zelda game ever. Then, OOT came out. OOT has been holding it's position, even after 2 3D games were released, and many Gameboy games.

Enthusiasts still say LttP was the best Zelda game ever. I personally like Majora's Mask out of the 3D series. It offered something new to the series. Allowing you to wear a mask inhabited by the dead spirits of the 3 important races over hyrule (or what are considered the 3 important races) it adds more depth. I mean, thanks to Link's new skills as a different race, the way you solve puzzles and complete sidequests and tasks are surely different.

In terms of story, I'm just tired of people arguing over which games has the better story. When it comes down to it, Zelda never has been much about story, but more on core gameplay. Each story has been the generic "good vs. evil" with things imbetween. While OoT's story was deeper than LttP's, when it comes down to it, each Zelda games story is so similar, well, it doesn't really matter.

IMO, Majora's Mask takes the cake for originality, hard dungeons, and awesome gameplay elements.

On Twilight Princess, I expect to see the same thing. The Wolf Mechanics should be something new and fresh, Link fighting on horseback has never been done before, and the realism aspect of things (you could 'feel' Link's weight), should add plenty of new gameplay elements. This is a title Zelda fans and game fans alike shouldn't miss.

Posted by Arczu

It's funny. I've yet to hear one single person say anything bad about the game.

I mean, hype can be pretty dangerous stuff. It can set up a game perfectly, then when the hidden flaws are revealed, there goes a large slice of respect for it. I'm hoping that doesn't happen at ALL.

Posted by Fantum

Quoting Arczu]
[/size]

if you want to hear something bad about oot ok:you can't get the whole triforce

Posted by RedLeprechaun90

This game looks awesome. The best part is definately going to be the horseback fighting!

Quoted post: The best part is definately going to be the horseback fighting!

I doubt it will be the best part. It may be great, but chances are it won't be the best. It's the first time they are introducing it, so I have a feeling it won't feel very fluid.

well.....here ler me put it this way
It is the feature that i am most looking forward to, I've wanted to fight on horseback ever since OOT

Posted by LinktothePast

I've heard about it, it's really sweet but the thing is i don't have a Gamecube, i just love zelda games. there my favorite games, i can play unstop!.

Quoted post: but the thing is i don't have a Gamecube,

Buy one, how can you not afford it?

NO!!!!!!!!!! Dont buy one! Wait until the Revolution comes out and then buy the Twilight Princess game

That's going to take a full year probably. Who wants to wait that long?

Posted by LinktothePast

Quoting Vampiro: Buy one, how can you not afford it?

Well my parents won't let my buy it because i got a ps2, i didn't want ps2 but i had to, they was making me like it, i keep asking them and telling him but they just ignore me.

Posted by NegativeTrend

The game is delayed until atleast March 31st BTW.

Posted by Alastor

[quote]Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."

Twilight Princess, developed by Nintendo and directed by Majora's Mask overseer Eiji Aonuma, was previously set to be the company's big holiday game. In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch. The delay leaves Nintendo without a major holiday release on GameCube.

In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Speaking with IGN, Kaplan elaborated on the delay of the new Zelda. She explained that Nintendo has not yet committed to a new release date for the game, except to say that it would arrive sometime after March 2006. "But it will be worth the wait," she added.

Asked whether Nintendo would launch any previously unannounced GameCube titles this holiday to stand in for Zelda, Kaplan pointed to already-shown software.

"Of course, we don't suggest that any game can replace the unique nature of Zelda. However, GameCube owners have an excellent lineup of new games from which to choose, including Battalion Wars, Mario Super Baseball, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Strikers, Pokemon XD, and a host of great new games from third party publishers," the Nintendo executive stated. "Add to this a plethora of great DS games, the launch of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and several Wi-Fi games (Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, etc.), plus the launch of Micro (which will be hot!), and there is a lot for consumers to choose from."

With Twilight Princess being pushed in 2006, some Nintendo fans are wondering if the game might ultimately be killed for GameCube and instead repositioned as a launch title for Revolution, the Big N's next-generation platform. Revolution is set to launch sometime in the second half of 2006, according to sources. According to Kaplan, though, the game is still scheduled to ship for GameCube.

"In effect, because of the backward compatibility built into Revolution, every GameCube game also will be a Revolution title," she said. "But we feel a commitment to the GameCube owners who've been patiently awaiting this new Zelda title, and don't want to force them to wait and buy a brand new system in order to play the game."

Kaplan dismissed the notion that the delay of Zelda would put Nintendo in a tricky situation as GameCube owners decide whether or not to stick with the system or purchase Microsoft's new console this November.

"I think we are talking two different things here," she said. "Those who love Zelda will be thrilled when it arrives, and we believe will still want to purchase it even though the wait might have been a disappointment."

The Nintendo spokesperson also had a message for GameCube owners deflated by this latest delay. "Our message is that we understand what a disappointment this is solely because we know people are eager to play Zelda," she said. "The philosophy of 'quality-first' still lives within Nintendo and it's something we won't compromise on. When Zelda game arrives, we hope to hear that players are thrilled with it and believe the wait was worth it. We think it will be."

Nintendo has released seven new screenshots of the game in motion. Readers are directed to our images section for new shots of Link exploring a populated town and manipulating the snow as the wolf.

Source: IGN.

Posted by Random

Unfortunately it has been held back. I'm starting to become Skeptical about buying another Gamecube at this point to see if it's further delayed or moved to the Revolution. I plan on buying the game no matter what, but i'm planning on waiting to see if I can save myself from spending extra cash.

Posted by loony636

Oh ****. A delay, hopefully there won't be too many of those. I hope the wait will still be worth it.

Posted by Drewboy64

TP isn't gonna go onto the revolution, so don't worry about that. But man, we won't have it in time for the holidays. I'll have to play with my DS.

Posted by Arczu

Oh well... if it makes the game that much better, then they may as well do it. I really don't want to see anything rushed in this game at all.

This could truly test the Gamcube's maximum power though. The graphics are going to be a thing to look at.

Posted by Alastor

Box art?

Found it through an Amazon.com link on 4chan.

Edit: Maybe not. If you look up in the corner below the 'Only For' box, you see Kakusha. Artist name, I'm betting.

They probably have an idea of what the box art is going to be, but I doubt they have it all finalized like that.

There's still a long time for them to figure it out.

It's nice though.

Posted by ScudZteR

that box are is also a backround thay they are giving away on zeldauniverse (minus everything exept the actual artwork [including the title]) and i have it as my computers backround! (i have for almost 2 weeks)

Posted by loony636

I have seen a box of Twilight Princess in my local EB games store. I can't actually find a picture of it on the web, because the Australian EB games for some retarded reason doesn't have a website. The game was to pre-order. It didn't mention a release date for obvious reasons.

Posted by loony636

OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 17 2006!!!

Quoting loony636: OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 17 2006!!!

Source?

Posted by ExoXile

I know it's sometime in april here in EU.
And that i got from the official Nintendo Mag so...

It'd been strange if Nintendo launched it 3 months earlyer in the states.
Wouldn't it ?

Posted by loony636

Actually I got that off the Amazon.co.uk website. So maybe I acted a little prematurely there. But I'm pretty sure that Amazon is accurate. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009UBR3A/qid=1128410281/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-7481356-3222848

Quoted post: Actually I got that off the Amazon.co.uk website. So maybe I acted a little prematurely there. But I'm pretty sure that Amazon is accurate. Here's the link:

No, probably not. Since... I don't believe Nintendo has set a solid date yet. So how would Amazon know before Nintendo?

Posted by The Punisher

Nintendo already know when its going to be released. They just havent told us yet. I wouldnt trust the date on there, I havent looked at it yet, but supposedly TP is shipping with REV along with SSBO.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting The Punisher: but supposedly TP is shipping with REV along with SSBO.

That's even more unlikely.

Posted by The Punisher

It whats heard. I never said it was trustworthy, but its what ive heard.

Posted by Burrito

You must've heard wrong, then.

Quoted post: It whats heard. I never said it was trustworthy, but its what ive heard.

Rumours.

Quoted post: Nintendo already know when its going to be released. They just havent told us yet.

Doubt it. They probably know the quarter, or even the month. But I doubt they have a specific date planned.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro:
Doubt it. They probably know the quarter, or even the month. But I doubt they have a specific date planned.

Or perhaps Nintendo knows just as much we do.

Posted by Cmex28

even though the wait is long, its better to get a good game rather that a crappy game -_-

Posted by loony636

Quoting Cmex28: even though the wait is long, its better to get a good game rather that a crappy game -_-

True. But I suspect the game is finished already. They're probably just doing some last minute bug checking.

Posted by ExoXile

I thought they were improving the game?

Bug fixing.... why would they have the release dated November if they had bugs left to fix?

Would be some major bugs if it takes months to fix.

Quoted post: True. But I suspect the game is finished already. They're probably just doing some last minute bug checking.

It is finsihed. They're just adding little improvements, polishing it, and make sure it's as awesome as they promised.

Quoted post: I thought they were improving the game?

Exactly.

Quoted post: Bug fixing.... why would they have the release dated November if they had bugs left to fix?

Would be some major bugs if it takes months to fix.

That's why it's not coming out in November. They need all the time they can get I'm sure.

I'm just hoping they fix the running animations.

Posted by The Punisher

Quoted post: I'm just hoping they fix the running animations.

Were they realy blocky, or what was wrong with them? I havent seen any animations at all for this game, well a few on nintendos forums.

Quoted post: Were they realy blocky, or what was wrong with them? I havent seen any animations at all for this game, well a few on nintendos forums.

Eh, they were just off. It looked like they were running across ice.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, it looked like he was too light, sorta.

Posted by The Punisher

Oh. I do hope this game is perfect for the wait their making us go through.

Posted by ExoXile

It would probably be perfect even if they released it now.

Posted by loony636

Obviously they don't think so.

Posted by ExoXile

Well, nintendo's just modest :)

Posted by Last Fog

What bothers me is several months from now when this game finally comes out it won't be half as impressive as it is now, after playing next generation games. I plan on getting a 360 and playing Oblivion, that game looks absolutely amazing. Then going back to gamecube months later is gonna suck. I don't care what you say, this can't compare to next generation games in terms of visuals, depth, environments, etc.

Posted by The Punisher

Now that you mention that, it sounds like it will suck after playing the 360, and I intend on getting one. Although it's a possibility that Nintendo are releasing it for the Rev, and have us all fooled right now.

The only thing that will suck is the graphics. Big deal.

Posted by ExoXile

^ Words of truth.

Posted by loony636

Yeah, look at OoT. Its still a great game even though the graphics are really dated now.

Posted by ExoXile

I can play Oot with out hesitation.
I think i will, actually.

Posted by Drewboy64

The graphics aren't even going to look bad. Compared to the 360 they obviously won't look great or phenomenal, but they certainly won't look bad. Half of the 360 games I've seen have X-box graphics.

Quoted post: Half of the 360 games I've seen have X-box graphics.

Espcially when you compare them to Black.

Posted by ExoXile

I don't know where i heard it.. but i'm pretty sure the GC games would look better on the Revolution.
Am i wrong ?

Posted by Alastor

But for those of us not buying a 360 at launch, Zelda still looks pretty dang nice.

Posted by loony636

You should never buy ANYTHING at launch. Wait a few months and the price will drop. Then you can laugh at all your friends that bought the 360 at launch.

Quoted post: You should never buy ANYTHING at launch. Wait a few months and the price will drop. Then you can laugh at all your friends that bought the 360 at launch.

A few months? Consoles (read: nothing) drops their price after three months.

Plus, I've always found it easier to buy consoles at launch (minus PS2), otherwise, by the time you do finally buy it, you're behind on a lot of excellent games.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro: Plus, I've always found it easier to buy consoles at launch (minus PS2), otherwise, by the time you do finally buy it, you're behind on a lot of excellent games.
That's if there are a lot of excellent games at launch, which usually isnt the case. For instance, SSBM was the only great game on cube for a long time as far as I remember.

Quoted post: That's if there are a lot of excellent games at launch, which usually isnt the case. For instance, SSBM was the only great game on cube for a long time as far as I remember

I'm talking about the 360 though. And from what I know, and based on my personal tastes, there appears to be quite a few great games coming out.

Posted by Axis

I still don't know what I'm going to do about Zelda. I'm afraid that I'll be too busy playing the Xbox 360 and not care for Zelda. I guess time will tell.

Posted by ExoXile

Nothing in many years will beat TloZ: TP.

That's my thought.

Posted by Luigi182

Quoting ExoXile: Nothing in many years will beat TloZ: TP.

That's my thought.

I concur, this one will be at least on par with, if not surpassing OoT,In terms of gaming goodness.

Posted by Klarth

Considering that OoT is the best game this side of 3D-based consoles, it's going to have a lot to top.

Although, considering it's sticking to the realism and all that this time, you never know.

Posted by The Punisher

Lets hope it is. Ive been awaiting this game since E3 and I must have it. Although I do plan on buying a 360 on or shortley after launch, I just hate the Xbox becuase I never had enough money to buy its since I spent it on other things, but ill money November 22 I do belive.

Quoted post: Ive been awaiting this game since E3 and I must have it.

That long, huh?

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting The Punisher: Ive been awaiting this game since E3 and I must have it.

D00d, i've waited for over 2 years.
like the rest.

Posted by Drewboy64

Me + Twilight Princess = Harmony.

Posted by GameMiestro

It doesnt look that incredible, but it BETTER be, because Nintendo has hyped it up so much that if it is even "above average", there will be riots.

Quoted post: It doesnt look that incredible, but it BETTER be, because Nintendo has hyped it up so much that if it is even "above average", there will be riots.

From what I've been reading, you have to experience the game first-hand to truly appreciate it (graphically).

But you're right, if reviewers start throwing out numbers like 9.1, people will be ****ed I'm sure. Since most are expecting perfect scores or just under.

Posted by GameMiestro

When I say I dont think it is that incredible, I mean I dont think it is, well, "revolutionary". However, I think it is still one really great looking game. The first batch of people using TP screennames should be arriving very shortly...

Quoted post: I mean I dont think it is, well, "revolutionary".

Do you really want it to be? Why fix something that isn't broke? At least this way we're guaranteed a great game.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro:
But you're right, if reviewers start throwing out numbers like 9.1, people will be ****ed I'm sure. Since most are expecting perfect scores or just under.

The only games i've seen with a perfect score is, TloZ: Oot and FFVII.
So TP really has to great to get a perfect score, it's hard to say "It will" but it seems like Nintendo really is trying to exceed Oot, so i'm pretty sure this Zelda will be nothing less than perfect.

Quoted post: The only games i've seen with a perfect score is, TloZ: Oot and FFVII.
So TP really has to great to get a perfect score, it's hard to say "It will" but it seems like Nintendo really is trying to exceed Oot, so i'm pretty sure this Zelda will be nothing less than perfect.

MM got a few perfect scores also.

But yeah, if they're telling us that they're trying to make it better than OoT, and it doesn't get 10's across the board... the Nintendo fans won't be happy. Especially since this is considered the trump card, and the only remaining reason to own a 'Cube.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, but from what i've seen SO far.
It all looks great.

(Link walk a bit stiff in the videos, but that's probably going to change)

Posted by ScudZteR

Ya, one of the first things i noticed in the first trailer advertising it (after the sheer beauty of it) was when link was running away from the spider he ran wierd. But your right, im sure it will be fixed or improved upon.

Posted by Zeta

You know what this game needs? One of those Bomber's Notebook things. That was one of my favorite things about MM. Of course, they'd have to find a way to make it work w/o the three-day cycle/going back in time.

Posted by Link_1987

well the bomber notebook idea was really good as soon as you finished it it just sat there if they add a LOT more to it it would be better and it wont be as easy to do because the bombers were all children and link is older in this game (Thank God)!!

Quoted post: well the bomber notebook idea was really good as soon as you finished it it just sat there if they add a LOT more to it it would be better and it wont be as easy to do because the bombers were all children and link is older in this game (Thank God)!!

It doesn't actually have to be another Bomber's Notebook. Just something similar.

Posted by Drewboy64

Sorry if I'm straying off the topic of whatever you are all talking about. I really think that it's cool how you can use Bomb arrows. I loved using those in Link's awakening. Also, does the Parry work like Wind Waker's? I think I saw a video where the guy parried but didn't hit the enemy.

Quoted post: Also, does the Parry work like Wind Waker's? I think I saw a video where the guy parried but didn't hit the enemy.

You could miss in WW also.

Posted by Noir

About the 'amazing' suprise that Nintendo is delaying the game for...now, this is a bit far-fetched speculation, but what do you think are the chances that it might be voice-acting? I see little reason why not-it would certainly make this game 'revolutionary'(at least in Zelda's standards), and would be a very nice bonus. They could give you the option to have only the text box, text box with voices, or voices without the text box. And about the many languages it has to ba translated to, could'nt they do like Capcom does with all their games, and just have the voice acting in one language?

Posted by loony636

Yes, to hear Link actually speak would be excellent. To hear any of the characters speak would be good. I like your idea to solve the multi-lingual problem, I guess it would make the game too big to fit on the disk if you put the audio and the text box text in the different languages. The one thing I've always liked about the Zelda games is that they have the text boxes, other games I often miss bits of the conversation because I can't hear them, so being able to see what's said is much better.

As for the delay, I was expecting it. But interestingly, Amazon.co.uk still says the release date is February 17... I just hope this isn't going to turn into a Starcraft Ghost.

Posted by Alastor

Could be, but I remember an article from Nintendo Power a few months ago with the director of LoZ: WW that said voice acting didn't really fit the series, and that they think many people already have their own idea of what the characters sound like, and that it may remove that element if they had voice acting.

As long as they don't get bad actors to do it, I wouldn't really mind. They wouldn't remove the text box, though, even if they did have voice acting in TP.

Edit: Link with voice... eh, no. It's too big a change for the series, and it's not really needed, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by Drewboy64

I highly doubt it will have voice acting. I think it'd be cool to have a voice like in Crystal Chronicles, where it talks about the level before you play.

Posted by Last Fog

Link never talks to begin with, so that's a dumb excuse. The other characters talk to him, so give them voices.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Last Fog: Link never talks to begin with, so that's a dumb excuse.

"C'mon!" from Wind Waker.
"I found a mirror." from the Adventure of Link

I wouldn't like voice acting, except for just one word being spoken by Link, like the "C'mon" in Wind Waker. It would be cool to hear Link say "Die" to the last boss after delivering the last blow. If Link actually did talk, I bet a lot of people would want him to say some of those infamous lines from the old cartoon.

I think Nintendo's bonus should be a Wind Waker: Master Quest. That game was way too easy for a Zelda game, especially puzzle-wise.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Zeta: I think Nintendo's bonus should be a Wind Waker: Master Quest. That game was way too easy for a Zelda game, especially puzzle-wise.

Despite that, I enjoyed Wind Waker far more than any other Zelda game. What it lacked in difficulty it made up with the overall fun level to me.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, WW is very fun. I've spent hours playing the Squid Battleship mini-game and making ice statues out of enemies. I still would've liked harder dungeons, though, but I guess I can always do a 3 Heart game to make it more difficult, eh?

Oh! TP should have that thing where you can refight bosses in a monochromatic color scheme! That was one of the most kick-*** things about WW!

If they have voices, they better be in Hylian!

That would be awesome.

Posted by Klarth

Or Japanese.

Moon language is moon language.

Posted by Noir

Perhaps...french?:o
And in an effort to keep this dying topic alive....
I would be truely, royally ****ed should this game go to the Revolution. Though Nintendo has dissmissed the possibility-twice-the rumours still remain. And Nintendo is as fickle as a young girl's heart...I won't believe them untill the ads and everything start showing up.
Oh, and about the thing with Midna being glued to Link in his wolf form....
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2982668.html

Posted by Xqars

I don't think the delay is for voices. My cousin and I think it's probably for extra dungeons. I personally don't want voices. But even if they did have them the game would still be great.

I would also like something like Zeta's idea. That you could have the option of going back to an already beaten dungeon and refight the boss. Basically the idea from Majora's Mask. Bosses are probably one of my favorite things about Zelda.

As for Twilight Princess transefering to the Revolution, I really REALLY doubt it. It was a thought until Nintendo said several times they wouldn't do it. Even though it might be an idea to get more people to buy Revolutions right away, Nintendo even said they know they'd be ****ing Zelda fans off.

P.S. I like your signature Alastor.

GET YOUR LASHES!!111

Posted by Xqars

I don't think the delay is for voices. My cousin and I think it's probably for extra dungeons. I personally wouldn't really want voices but if they did have them, the game would still be great.

I would also like something like Zeta's idea. That you could have the option of going back to an already beaten dungeon and refight the boss. Basically the idea from Majora's Mask. Bosses are probably one of my favorite things about Zelda.

As for Twilight Princess transefering to the Revolution, I really REALLY doubt it. It was a thought until Nintendo said several times they wouldn't do it. Even though it might be an idea to get more people to buy Revolutions right away, Nintendo even said they know they'd be ****ing Zelda fans off.

P.S. I love your signature Alastor.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: "C'mon!" from Wind Waker.

Mario says dozens and dozens of quips and exclaimations throughout the game, but it still leaves his personality satisfyingly vague. Nintendo's stratagy of mute heros allows you to impose your own idea of them through how you play.

If there is voice acting, I'd like it to be like the original Jak and Daxter: the hero remains silent, but your companion (this game's answer to Navi, I supopse) can speak for the both of you in plot-crucial situations when relating to other characters.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Linko_16: If there is voice acting, I'd like it to be like the original Jak and Daxter: the hero remains silent, but your companion (this game's answer to Navi, I supopse) can speak for the both of you in plot-crucial situations when relating to other characters.
Exactly, it wouldn't be that difficult to have voices for other characters while Link doesn't speak throughout the game.

Posted by ExoXile

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

We, European's are getting TLoZ: TP Q1 2006, while you get it in Q2 2006 :cool:

Posted by Noir

We do?! Wait. Even so, I've just moved to the 'land of the free' a few months ago...*tear*
Least I can get a job now.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting ExoXile: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

We, European's are getting TLoZ: TP Q1 2006, while you get it in Q2 2006 :cool:

Source?

Posted by ExoXile

[url]www.nintendo.com[/url]
[url]www.ign.com[/url]
[url]www.gamespot.com[/url]

Pick and choose!

Posted by loony636

I actually couldn't find anything on any of those websites. Perhaps a direct link would clear things up?

Posted by ExoXile

Well of of course!

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/similar.html?mode=versions]TP Release Dates[/url]

You ****ers.

Posted by Zeta

**** you! **** you all to Europe! I can't believe you get this before us! >X0

Posted by ExoXile

That's because you suck and we don't.

....Cept you Vamp, i'll send you a copy. ;)

You **** well better.

I'll have to buy a PAL GC though, but it'll be worth it.

Posted by ExoXile

Since both you and I are soooooo cool, i'll send you a PAL system as well. :cool:

:cool:

Posted by Zeta

So be it, I'll just have to stay away from the Zelda board during Q1. But I swear, if you get the Revolution before NA...

*Shakes fist*

Posted by ExoXile

Doesn't really matter, TP is almost bigger than Rev at the moment.
So even if you get Rev first, we got TP first. :cool:

Posted by Zeta

I'd say SSBR is on par with TP. >>

SSBR is only under TP by a notch because we don't know enough about it.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting ExoXile:
[url=http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/similar.html?mode=versions]TP Release Dates[/url]

You know, I don't think that's right. I don't think there is an official release date for Twilight Princess. I think that gamespot just left those dates in as place holders.

Posted by ExoXile

And, why?
Oh why would they do that?

When they have the same release dates in the official-nintendo-Swede-thingy saying -round- march :cool:?

Posted by Burrito

I can't find what you're talking about, but on the official nintendo of America website it just says 2006 and on the official nintendo of Europe site it just says 2006, too.
Check it out:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/search/search.jsp?searchText=zelda&indexName=games&start=6
http://www.nintendo.com/search?query=zelda+twilight+princess&category=games&x=9&y=3

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah and the category also says "action"....

Posted by Burrito

Yeah, that's kind of weird, but what's your point?

Posted by ExoXile

GameSpot may be wrong.
But so they may be right.

Single-day-worldwide-release, plz.

Posted by ExoXile

That'd be awesome! :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

Isn't that what they're doing? That's what I remember hearing for TP.

Doubt it. Maybe now that they delayed it, but it's a lot of work.

Posted by Noir

Well, gee, I sure picked a nice time to move to TAX-US. Pff. Maybe I can get one of my old buddies to send me a copy. *looks expectantly at Exoxile*

Posted by ExoXile

Vamp's my only non-EU bud! :dunno:

Posted by Burrito

Don't worry about it yet. I don't think there really is any confirmed date. I kind of doubt that it'll come out in Europe first, anyways.

Posted by Noir

Actually, I'm not quite sure the officiality of this, but this person says the U.S. date is 15 May.
I sure hope this is the case.
(if anyone wants me to translate, just tell me)
http://www.jeux-france.com/Blog_Will89s

Posted by alquirti's bashes

Mayo 15...That means hur in Brazil dat its gonna come about Septo 15 in probably the year 2007. Man that sucks.

Posted by Drewboy64

uh, 2007?

Posted by ExoXile

HA!
Maybe he has some secret Zelda-Revolution-Release-Information.

Or he's just stupid. :(

Posted by The Punisher

Quoting ExoXile:
Or he's just stupid. :(

Agreed.

Posted by Xqars

Anyone catch the name of the Twilght Princess Forest Temple Boss?

Posted by ExoXile

Ghoma ;)

Posted by Linko_16

Ghoma was the Dragon Roost Cavern boss. The boss of the Forbidden Woods is Kalle Demos.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

I had an exact date,they said april 3,but those people at gamestop sended me an e-mail saying that the date of the game had been changed to June 1st. Man im tired of waiting.

Posted by Last Fog

Nobody knows an exact date, so whatever emails were "sended" to you its stil just speculation.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

Anyways were I live,it will arrive in June 1(I don't live in usa nor canada)ssooo call your local gamestop or ebgames and ask them the date of when the game arrives.easy and simple;)

And if they don't know the date,call nintendo and ask them.

edit:**** vampiro thanks

Quoted post: Anyways were I live,it will arrive in January 1(I don't live in usa nor canada)ssooo call your local gamestop or ebgames and ask them the date of when the game arrives.easy and simple

... wait, what? Yeah, that June first isn't the real date. It's like when people said November 15th for the 360. It's just a "place-holder".

Quoted post: And if they don't know the date,call nintendo and ask them.

They probably don't know the exact date either. And if they did, they would never EVER tell some kid who just called them up.

Posted by Moogs

I've been waiting so long for this game and those bastards keep pushing it back.... ugh.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/683/683158p1.html

Quoted post: "No discussion of Twilight Princess' enemies can end without mentioning Ganon," Yoshiyuki said. "I know that everyone's wondering what's going on with Link's old nemesis. All I can say now is, we're preparing more than you could possibly ever, ever, expect."

On a related subject, Yoshiyuki told the publication that he feels previous Zelda outings served up a cast of enemies that were too easily defeated. In contrast, he said that the enemies and bosses in Twilight Princess will be much more challenging, which should be music to the ears of some seasoned gamers.

Not much, but whatever.

Posted by ExoXile

All I know, yes I know.
Is that Twiglight's going to be ruckuh! :D

Posted by Zeta

I just reserved the game, so now I don't have to worry about getting it before it's sold out.

[quote]In contrast, he said that the enemies and bosses in Twilight Princess will be much more challenging, which should be music to the ears of some seasoned gamers.

YES!

Quoted post: YES!

That was my reaction.

Though awhile ago they DID say the game would be more challenging. I'm glad to hear they stuck with that decision, and not just by adding more puzzels and crap.

Posted by Linko_16

Universal answer: difficulty settings. Seriously: Beginner, Normal, and Expert. Or give them all fancy names like Squire's Quest, Knight's Quest and Master Quest.

Posted by Zeta

****, I can't stop laughing at your Usopp sig Linko.

Posted by maian

Okay, if you haven't seen the in-game videos yet, I suggest you do.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html

It shows a lot about the game, and it's really cool to actually see gameplay (Seeing the icons at the top, etc.) If you watch the Eiji Aounuma video, he reveals a good ammount of information. I'm sure you all have probably seen these, but, I just saw them. And I thought they were cool. :cool:

A[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]s, I thought there was an update for a second :(

Posted by ExoXile

So did I, i got every so sad. :(

Posted by maian

lol :cool:

Yeah, well, it was a surprise to me. :( Then I realized they were all from May. Pity.

Posted by Red

The videos seem sick, although I getting very iritable from waiting, ( and I don't even have a GC) I mean come on they've changed the release date like 3 times and the name, and has finally gone from undecided to twighlight princess.when is it even coming out?

Quoted post: when is it even coming out?

Q2

Hopefully. Though, there will probably be another delay.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Though, there will probably be another delay.

Why so?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting ExoXile: Why so?

They have to remove the Hot Lon Lon Milk event.

Posted by ExoXile

O rly?

Posted by Zeta

*Points to avy*

Posted by ExoXile

But Hot Lon Lon Milk Event Sounds Hot! :(

Posted by Zeta

Ya, I want to see Malon's Melons <trademark sign>.

Posted by ExoXile

Oh shut it!
Malon's Melons and "Got Milk?"...:o

Posted by Zeta

[url=http://pictures.fanart-central.net/m/MrGreen/223304.jpg]Hawt![/url]

On a serious note: Does anyone besides me think the 'Toucan Sam' Wizrobes should stay? I think they're pretty cool.

ban for hentia!

Quoted post: Why so?

Just 'cause.

As for the Wizrobes, I liked those guys. Good Ice temple monsters.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro:
Just 'cause.

Cause? :o

As in, it's a Zelda game. It may not be the right time to release it, or they may have a better idea that they want to implement, or something else they want to fix or whatever.

It's a huge title and they want to get it right. They'll delay it until it's done, completely done.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro: As for the Wizrobes, I liked those guys. Good Ice temple monsters.

...Wha? The crazy old man Wizrobe in Snowhead? Or are you saying they'd do good if placed in an ice dungeon?

Yeah, I was thinking of Freezard for some reason. Wizrobe, Freezard. Yeah, I was tired.

POINT STANDS

Posted by Zeta

Ah, I see. Well, there's another enemy I want to see return in TP. Maybe they could make them look like Ice versions of Wizrobes, and keep their teleport via water vapor thing.

Posted by ScudZteR

though its probably incorrect, April 15, 2006 says gamespy

[URL="http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-2/615739p1.html"]source[/URL]

thats not too long of a wait i guess, it it actually happens to be right

Gamespy doesn't know the right date.

Posted by Sword of Light

yo no ones gonna read the end stuff but hopefully if u read this go to Twilight Princess Trailer Heres a link find it on this website

http://www.zelda.com/universe/

Posted by linkfreak112

but we have waited soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long im tired of waiting

Posted by Zeta

You can wait another half a year.

Longer than that.

Posted by Noir

So. Zelda was delayed. Again. Somehow, I fail to arouse the same dissapointment as I had felt when it was delayed the first time. Now, its just anger. But supposedly, the delay is to sort things out with retailers. That shouldn't take half a year. But the Japanese can make any job last a lifetime, they're so **** inefficient (no racism intended-its just true.).

Quoted post: But supposedly, the delay is to sort things out with retailers.

It's not...

Posted by Dig

its coming out november 06 last time i checked.

Quoted post: its coming out november 06 last time i checked.

Fall of '06. No one knows the month.

Posted by Dig

maaaaaayybe...

No.

Posted by ExoXile

Ninty'll probably come up with something!

They might even release it when we least expect it! :D

Posted by sheen

Quoting Vampiro: No.
it actually is true. its coming out in november

Posted by Klarth

What part of "NO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE AS OF YET" don't you understand?

Quoted post: it actually is true. its coming out in november

No.

Posted by sheen

Quoting Klarth: What part of "NO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE AS OF YET" don't you understand?

fine then don't believe me. I don't need you to believe the truth.

Quoted post: fine then don't believe me. I don't need you to believe the truth.

How about a reliable source then?

Posted by Dog

i was waiting for somone to ask.

http://www.cheatcc.com/gc/gcrd.html

its at the bottom.

RELIABLE

****ing learn how to read. Christ...

Posted by Dog

Quoted post: can someone tell me how to get those stupid quotes to work!?!?!?!?!?!?)
all you do is click quote at the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Shdig: i was waiting for somone to ask.

http://www.cheatcc.com/gc/gcrd.html

its at the bottom.

wow...11/00/06 means NOTHING!
That just tells us that the TENTATIVE release is November '06...That doesn't mean that it's set for sometime in November! For all we know...it could come out in December, October, or even September...or possibly even November.

Posted by Last Fog

March 2007.

Posted by Noir

Quoting Vampiro: It's not...

Yeah. I saw. Its not even COMPLETE YET.
I was looking foreward to playing it over the summer.

Posted by kirux

well i dont care all iknow is ive already got it pre-ordered

Posted by jjgur

Quoting kirux: well i dont care all iknow is ive already got it pre-ordered

thats a good point... you can already preorder your twlight princess.. normally preorders come out 1 or 2 months before the actual game comes out.... maybe it will come out earlier then expected either way i cant wait till it comes out

Posted by xXSquadXx

zelda is the best ever lol.. and css tho
i cant wait untill twilight prinsess comes:D

Posted by Cruxis

[COLOR=green] [/COLOR][COLOR=navy] (- FLASH BACK SEQUENCE - )[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Date= December 1998[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]Location: Walmart[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Me: Hey mom! Look! it's Zelda .....But now its for 64!!!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Mom: Zelda huh? Dont you have that game already?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Me: No mom!! this is a different zelda!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Mom: OH!?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Me: Hey ma! can I have this for Christmas?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Mom: Well, O.K < BUT! This will count from the money I'm spending on you're other gifts.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Me: O.K! ya!!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]---moments later---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Store clerk: yes can I help you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Mom: Yeah, Can we get this game?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Clerk: !!!!! ZELDA! Wow we must have just got this in! Sure.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Me: do you play zelda?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]clerk: Yeah!!!! I'm a huge fan, problem is I've been waiting for almost 3 years for this game to come out, and then last year they said for sure it would be coming out this october. But when I look no one had it, I even checked the net no one had any idea if or when it would be released.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Mom: I guess those japaness game-makers don't tell american much do they?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Clerk: well, Zelda has always been that way.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]-Sequence Ends-[/COLOR]
--------------------------

Yep! I remember it like yesterday. Now as for twilight princess I think the release date thing will, end up like this.

--------------------------------------

[COLOR=darkred](-Flash-Forwards-)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]December 2006[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Location: Super Walmart[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: Holly SHIP! It's Twilight Princess![/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Some kid playing the Store DS: Huh!? U some kinda freak?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me No! It's just that I was told it was coming out in November, but it never did!? I emailed EGM, Nintendo, and just about everyone else, but no one was quit sure what was going on![/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Store clerk: OH? Hey can I help you all?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: Yeah! can I get a copy of Zelda: twilight princess?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Store Clerk: which one? (hinting to the Wii and cube versions)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: hmmmm... BOTH![/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Store: OK.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]-The clerk leaves and returns with the keys. Moments later he pulls both copies out and begins to lock the case again.-[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Clerk: you play zelda?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: HELL Yeah! I'm and offical Green-Hat (Uber Zelda fan)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Clerk: yeah. my freind kyle he plays these games alot. he's had me watching these cases for him for a while now, just incase we got some copies in.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Clerk: Infact I didnt know we had any in until just now, must have got em in over the weekend.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: The weekend?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Clerk: yeah. sometimes we just get games in with out any one telling us about them before hand.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: I know what you mean. I practically faught a guy in EBgames last month, for one of those stupid ticket stubs that, intitle you to a copy of a game that has had it's release date rolled back.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]------the clerk smiles and proceeds to the check-out table, leaving me for a moment to eye the rest of the games before I pay for the zeldas-[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]41 year old junkie playing the store Playstation 3 and looking at me: Ha ha hah ha. you play zelda? that game sucks. I beat one of them for SNES in like two hours.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: you're gay. no one could beat the SNES Zelda that quick!!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]41 year old: what ever, fag! Any one who would pay $100 for the same **** game is totally stupid, expecially if the game is zelda.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]Me: ................ (*I remove a 6-cd player/boombox from the shelf behind me, and crack him over the head. moments later I impail him with the stylus from the DS that freaky kid was playing with earlier)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred](end of flash-forwards) [/COLOR]

-------------------------------------------

Yep! (stretching) that exactly what I think will happen!:-D :-D

Posted by Cruxis

OH, and I forgot to mention I preordered my copy from nintendo, get this (September 21 2003!!!)

Posted by Burrito

Wow, you have a good imagination.

Posted by NeXidala

well i already prepaid for my copy of the game and im getting it sumtime in september but they only had that offer for a week....whoevr pre-ordered got it first b4 the release date so.....yay me!(no offense lol) :-D

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting NeXidala: well i already prepaid for my copy of the game and im getting it sumtime in september but they only had that offer for a week....whoevr pre-ordered got it first b4 the release date so.....yay me!(no offense lol) :-D
Wishful thinking buddy, but pre-ordering isnt gonna let you get the game before its released.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

i preordered that game last november, they told me it'd b in by christmas, then they told me easter, then they told me this thankgiving, now it's being released in winter again....*** toy's r us is really retarded.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Sora+Kiari: i preordered that game last november, they told me it'd b in by christmas, then they told me easter, then they told me this thankgiving, now it's being released in winter again....*** toy's r us is really retarded.

How is it Toys R US's, fault? Nintendo said the game was gonna come out in Q4 2006, then they delayed the game to Q2 2006. Then it was delayed again. Toys R' Us had to change the dae, cause they can't give you a ****ing game that hasn't been released. They're going by the dates the compnay gave them.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Last Fog: Wishful thinking buddy, but pre-ordering isnt gonna let you get the game before its released.

well what i ment was it gonna let me get it b4 evryone else cuz they give it to us rite wen they get em in cuz the place said they had to wait 1 week b4 putting em up for sale

Posted by Sora+Kiari

hey pit... I wasn't trying to sound spioled, I was just stating out the piont that it's stupid how one place states the actual release date and how another has no idea wat the hell they r doing.So dont be so serious bout it.

Quoted post: hey pit... I wasn't trying to sound spioled, I was just stating out the piont that it's stupid how one place states the actual release date and how another has no idea wat the hell they r doing.So dont be so serious bout it.

No place knows the release date for this game, or just about any game until a final date has been announced by the company. The dates you do see are place-holders, they're there to give a general outline.

Posted by NeXidala

who do u guys think the shodow that hovered over link was while he was a wolf?? judging from the trailers its probably sum type of spirit that has sum buisness to take care of...so he/she uses link to get that buisness done....but probably keeps it a secret from link....what do u guys think?

Go back to 2005 and take some notes.

Posted by Mr.Microsoft

G.o.d Loves Zelda. I love Zelda. The World Loves Zelda.

I would kill for a copy of zelda just 1 day earlier than it's actual release date!

My question is: Do you think any one other than the UBER Zelda Freak's (like me) will actually fork over an aditional 50 Bucks to Purchase BOTH the Wii & the cube Versions?
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Well that black shadow that lingers over wolf link, is actuallt the twilight. A engulfing shadow provided by Ganondorfs presents that threatens to consume the entire land of hyrule. as for that sprit that rides upon links back, although she has a name. Some people speculate that she is NAVI, whom makes a cameo in twilight princess. Obviously the theory is if link turns into a wolf while entering the twilight, what happens to the fairy navi (who is always by his side)? At the same time I'm probably dead wrong and the sprit really is Princess zelda her self or just some honkey-talkin hill folk that lives in a hyrule town...hmm who really knows the answer to that question?...other than myiamoto.

Posted by NeXidala

hmm thx for that i never thought about how it could be navi in a different form or sumthin....i always that it was sum type of spirit that wasnt either good nor evil that needed link's help to acomplish something......

Posted by HaloPhantomX

I so look forward to this game.

Posted by NeXidala

me 2 i cant wait!!! it gonna be soo sweet!!

Posted by Cruxis

...I don't just love zelda,....I will die with zelda.

If they dont release zelda twilight princess on time, well then I will fly to kyoto and ride a large stead into the nintendo development building while dressed in a link costume, find myamoto and the others, and finally take my revenge by shaving every single one of them bald with my large hyruleian Sword of time!!!!:p:

Posted by Arwon

Then you'll never get the game at all.

Silly.

Posted by Klarth

By "the game" you do mean "laid", right?

Posted by Ant

Okay, seeing as the game is out now. Let's talk about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I beat the Water Temple in this game, and I had quite a bit of trouble with it. With all the various waterways and sh[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]t.

Oh, and thus far, I've loved the 3 boss battles I've been in. They all feel so epic. And the swinging of the sword with the Wii-mote makes you feel like a part of the action more so then ever.

I'm trying really hard to not spoil anything for anyone, but if you want to dicuss spoilers; then do so with the tags. And give a brief idea of what the spoilers may be about.

DICUSS DA[COLOR="Lime"]M[/COLOR]NIT!

Posted by Stalolin

Only at the Water Temple?

I'm like two temples ahead of you in the Ice Temple Mansion thing.

Next temple has a really, really awesome boss battle in store for you.

Posted by Ant

Well, I got that special thing. And now I'm about to head off to the next area. But seriously, how long did the Water Temple take you? It took me at least 3 hours. Ant ist slow.

Posted by Stalolin

Probably took me about the same amount of time if not more. ******* first key

So, I was totally going to wait until the GC version came out... but oddly enough, now that I know Ant likes it, that's good enough for me. I'm probably going to pick it up before the 12th of December. D[COLOR="White"]am[/COLOR]n you, Ant.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Stalolin: Probably took me about the same amount of time if not more. ******* first key

I looked around forever constantly backtracking after I [spoiler]made the first water flow come out, and I never quite figured out that I could use the staircase to act as a river[/spoiler] srsly, probably wasted about an hour.

[quote=Vampiro]So, I was totally going to wait until the GC version came out... but oddly enough, now that I know Ant likes it, that's good enough for me. I'm probably going to pick it up before the 12th of December. **** you, Ant.

I'm honored 0_0 All I can say thus far, is that it's lived up to my expectations, if not surpassed them, by a lot.

OH! And I just went fishing for the first time. Amazingly fun. And I just BOL'd when I kept running into the birdcage of the fisherman girl's bird. I can easily see myself being a j[COLOR="Lime"]acka[/COLOR]ss like that in real life.

Quoted post: I'm honored 0_0 All I can say thus far, is that it's lived up to my expectations, if not surpassed them, by a lot.

Cool, because I think you had the same opinion as me before. That being reluctant to get the Wii version, so now that you enjoy it quite a lot, chances are so will I.

Posted by maian

Bah. Hopefully I'll have it by the 12th. If I don't have a Wii by the time the cube one comes out, I'm getting the GC version, and holding off on my Wii, unless I'm dangerously close. Really the only reason I want a Wii right now is for Zelda. =/ I can wait, otherwise. Once Metroid, Galaxies, and SSBB are out, I'll have definite reason to own it.

Just curious: is the water temple more like the OOT one, or the MM one?

AND, ARE THERE ZORAS? IF THERE ARE ZORAS, I DEMAND A PICTURE ASAP.

Posted by Zeta

I've heard there's Zoras, and they wear some armor apparantly. Plus they've got a fat lardass queen... why does that seem familiar?

Posted by maian

Gee, I want pictures now. :mad:

It makes me wonder why they never showed or even hinted of Zoras like, ever in the whole two years it's been announced.

Posted by ScudZteR

I think that its on the video review on IGN where link is swimming through some water and he passes by two zoras, thats the only place I've seen them...

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]I've heard there's Zoras, and they wear some armor apparantly. Plus they've got a fat lardass queen... why does that seem familiar?
The queen isn't fat. Spoilers (sort of). [spoiler]You don't see much of the queen, save her ghost. The queen dies from being frozen.[/spoiler]

The male Zoras all have some funky fishhead armor on which makes them look nowhere near as cool as their OoT counterparts.

Gorons are where it's at anyways.

also, I'm on the last area, hopefully I'll finish tonight

Posted by maian

lol free rep to the first Zora picture poster

EDIT: hawt pix too

Posted by ScudZteR

Sorry about the size but Fraps resized the pic and trying to make it bigger just looks horrible.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/ynotme89543/wmplayer2006-11-2518-55-36-73.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/ynotme89543/wmplayer2006-11-2518-55-35-00.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/ynotme89543/wmplayer2006-11-2518-55-34-67.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/ynotme89543/wmplayer2006-11-2518-55-34-43.jpg

I had to snag screenshots from the IGN review because I couldn't find any screenshots on the interweb. I really want to just find a decent picture of them, they look good for what I can see and from what I've heard.

Good enough for now. Thanks.

Posted by Stalolin

Beat it. Was pretty fun, overall not as good as OoT, but some parts of the game were superior. Bosses were way too easy and that's probably the only problem with the game.

time to collect everything lol

And actually, I could probably break out my camera, take some pictures, and plug in the SD card and E-Mail them to myself. I'll see if I can get some Zora shots.

Posted by maian

Zora's Domain shots. :-*

How does the story compare? Don't spoil, but how well does it do in connecting OOT/WW?

Posted by Stalolin

A bit hard to compare it without spoiling, but it's got more depth than most Zelda stories. Unfortunately there are a couple of subjects that it only skims over, which could leave you a bit confused depending on how well you listen throughout the game.

It links up with OoT in someways. And I don't see any connections as far as Wind Waker goes, although I suppose you could say it links to the bird people in Wind Waker if you wanted to stretch things.

Posted by ScudZteR

Is there a major twist at the end? Not asking for spoilers just were you really surprised by anything?

Posted by maian

Wai...it doesn't connect to WW? :(

My guess is that this game would be the whole story of how Ganon took over and why the ***s flooded Hyrule. :( Or at least, how Hyrule became overtaken.

Posted by Stalolin

There were one or two parts where I was wrong in what I thought would happen. Overall, the story wasn't really surprising, but *spoilers that would reveal like, everything endgame* [spoiler]they did include a twist with supposed endboss. They pretty much pulled another Aghanim, where the supposed endboss is just a puppet.[/spoiler]

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Bosses were way too easy and that's probably the only problem with the game.

*******it, why can't any recent Zelda boss be on Helmasaur King difficulty? :(

Is Ganon in it?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Is Ganon in it?

Spoilers. [spoiler]Yes.[/spoiler] SPOILER END

[spoiler]is he awesome and does he play a fairly large role? lol spoiler tags[/spoiler]

Posted by Stalolin

super spoilers, don't even highlight this post if you value your lack of knowledge about twilight princess. [spoiler]Yes. He's the final boss. Should have been obvious. also, he's got the awesome goatee they gave him in Wind Waker. And yes. He's really, really awesome.[/spoiler]

I highlighted too soon. *******it.

Posted by maian

SPOILERS LOL

[spoiler]So, GanonDORF? I want him, not some big blue pig. :( I was counting on that, not really a spoiler to me. Is the Twilight King the puppet? And do you only see Ganondorf at the very end? That'd make me sad. :([/spoiler]

Rad. And sry Zeta Helmasaur King wasn't hard either. :(

Posted by Stalolin

spoilars lol

[spoiler]There's Ganon and Ganondorf. And yes, he reveals himself near the end. And he's pretty much a puppet. Ganondorf gives him power and he messes things up.[/spoiler]

also, it seems that the Wii is unable to send pictures to outside E-Mail addresses, it can only receive them. I'll see if I can find something to throw them on my computer.

Posted by Stalolin

Double post, I realize that, but I doubt you'd view this thread if it didn't have any new posts.

images are hueg. Also, I tried to make them spoiler free, you can't see my inventory or anything like that. All you can see is the Zora Domain and the Zoras.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7336/1001059qw2.jpg Throne Room
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9621/1001060ok2.jpg Zora Guard with Fish Head Armor on (lol he looks silly)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3238/1001061pu9.jpg Zora without the fancy helmet on. They look a bit more human than they used to.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9100/1001062ji9.jpg Waterfall just outside of the Throne Room. It's really fun to jump off of. More fun than the one in OoT.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9489/1001068jm9.jpg beyonce knowles as foxy cleopatra in goldmember

Posted by Ant

How do I get to the snowy mountains? I looked around for a bit, and I'm probably just blind for moment and could look harder, but just tell me plz.

I liked the way the Zoras used to look :( They're far too human looking now. Though the helmet is pretty cool.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Ant]How do I get to the snowy mountains? I looked around for a bit, and I'm probably just blind for moment and could look harder, but just tell me plz.

spoilers for everyone except ant. [spoiler]There's a passage to them in the Waterfall area below the Zora Throne Room. Previously it would have looked like a big glowly thing (ice) but I take it you're past the Desert Temple so there should just be a passage.[/spoiler]

Posted by ScudZteR

Quoting Stalolin: Zora Guard with Fish Head Armor on (lol he looks silly)

Jesus he looks like a Gungan or something, nevertheless, still awesome Zoras. (I liked the OOT Zoras better also)

Better than those ****ing Rito people from WW.

duble poust lol

Someone tell me this is him so I can be giddy as a ****ig school girl for the rest of the day: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/GanonTP.jpg

Posted by Stalolin

That'd be him.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting maian: And sry Zeta Helmasaur King wasn't hard either. :(

wtf, I always had to get the Magic Hammer then skip the rest of the dungeon because he was so hard. then get the Ice Palace's Blue Tunic before I could kill him without any trouble. :( Not anymore though. >_>

And 'dorf looks ****ing awesome.

Posted by ScudZteR

Whats with all the character's eyes during cut scenes. The cut scene I saw with Link's friend with the dagger, she had these white eyes. And Link had the same eyes. And as I'm assuming that screenshot is from a cutscene I can see Ganondorf has the same funky eyes. Is that a running theme or something?

Posted by Zeta

Hmm? Ganondorf's eyes are orange/yellow in that pic. =/

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=ScudZteR]Whats with all the character's eyes during cut scenes. The cut scene I saw with Link's friend with the dagger, she had these white eyes. And Link had the same eyes. And as I'm assuming that screenshot is from a cutscene I can see Ganondorf has the same funky eyes. Is that a running theme or something?

No, it's from ****ty cameras.

Posted by ScudZteR

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748589/vids_1.html

Video Review, 4:08. Both the girl and link have weird white eyes and its definetly not the camera.

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: wtf, I always had to get the Magic Hammer then skip the rest of the dungeon because he was so hard. then get the Ice Palace's Blue Tunic before I could kill him without any trouble. :( Not anymore though. >_>

And 'dorf looks ****ing awesome.

<3 Dorf

Zeta, I think you're thinking of a different boss. :( Helmasaur King was the giant bird in WW. Are you talking about, like, Volvagia or something?

Posted by Zeta

The Wind Waker one is the Helmaroc King. The Helmasaur King was the first boss of A Link to the Past's Dark World. :mad:

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: The Wind Waker one is the Helmaroc King. The Helmasaur King was the first boss of A Link to the Past's Dark World. :mad:

ohshi- I thought you were talking about 3D, so I jumped to Helmaroc King. :cool:

I can't remember that kind of difficulty. I just remember that game getting pretty freakin' hard about halfway through. But in terms of 3D, it's hard to think of a really hard boss. :(

Gohma: Easy
King Dodongo: Easy
Electric Thing: Easy
Phantom Ganon: Hard at first, otherwise easy
Volvagia: Easy
Morpha: Easy
Bongo Bongo: ..Easy..
Twinrova: Really cool! ..But easy
Ganondorf: Kinda almost hard
Ganon: Easy :(

Odolwa: Kinda almost not easy
Goht: lol easy
Fish thing: Wai, kinda hard sometimes!
Flying Worms: Easy

Calle-De mos: easy
*** thing: Easy
Helmaroc King: Easy
Giant Poe: So fscking easy
Sandworm thing: Easy
Puppet Ganon and the bunch: kinda hard
Ganondorf: easiest boss evar :(

...Has there ever been a hard 3D Zelda boss? LOLIN, INFORM

Posted by Zeta

Took me about 10 minutes to kill Puppet Ganon's third form on WW. Hardest it's ever gotten for me on a 3D Zelda.

We should probably start doing low Heart Container runs or something to make up for the lack of difficulty... >_>

Posted by maian

Well, to me, the third form of puppet Ganon wasn't hard, it just took awhile. Think of how many times that worm thing actually hit you. 90% of the time it's just crashing into the wall on the other end of the room.

I want bosses that may actually kill you once or twice before you figure out how to kill them, and when you do, it's hard to actually use that tactic.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=maian]ohshi- I thought you were talking about 3D, so I jumped to Helmaroc King. :cool:

I can't remember that kind of difficulty. I just remember that game getting pretty freakin' hard about halfway through. But in terms of 3D, it's hard to think of a really hard boss. :(

King Dodongo: Easy
Electric Thing: Easy
Phantom Ganon: Hard at first, otherwise easy
Volvagia: Easy
Morpha: Easy
Bongo Bongo: ..Easy..
Twinrova: Really cool! ..But easy
Ganondorf: Kinda almost hard
Ganon: Easy :(

Odolwa: Kinda almost not easy
Goht: lol easy
Fish thing: Wai, kinda hard sometimes!
Flying Worms: Easy

Calle-De mos: easy
*** thing: Easy
Helmaroc King: Easy
Giant Poe: So fscking easy
Sandworm thing: Easy
Puppet Ganon and the bunch: kinda hard
Ganondorf: easiest boss evar :(

...Has there ever been a hard 3D Zelda boss? LOLIN, INFORM

I dunno. I always remember having trouble against Morpha. And Puppet Ganon qualifies as hard. But seriously, most of the bosses in TP I didn't even lose a heart against. I used a fairy once in that game and was owned more by the enemies than the bosses.

Posted by Zeta

Needs a 3D reincarnation of the 4-Headed Gleeok. Hardest Zelda boss ever.

EDIT: ****, now I want to do some "Create-A-Boss'' thing for a 3D 4HG. :(

Posted by ScudZteR

When I wanted a bigger challenge with bosses and everything I played OOT on the Project 64 emulator. It is so hard to aim with the two extremes of not pressing and pressing.

Ganondorf was actually pretty hard..well more frusturating than hard

Posted by maian

Ganondorf in WW was not hard. Not at all. Anyone who thought he was hard in that game is wrong. They just are. :( I didn't lose a heart fighting Dorf the first time in WW, and he's the final boss.

'Dorf in OOT was harder, but really easy once you just figure it out. I'll admit I did use fairies several times in OOT, but that was my first time through when I was eight. In my opinion, MM has the hardest 3D bosses. (You'll have quite a time trying to slay Majora as Link)

Posted by Ant

I had to use a fairy on WW Gannondorf :(

Oh, and kinda thanks for the help on finding the area to the snowy mountains in TP Stalolin. One of those, right in front of you but you can't see it moments.

And I was thinking that about the bosses too, how everyone complains, yet none were really that hard ever. BUT, I still wish they were a bit harder on this one. But what I do like is how epic these ones are made out to be. Much more cinematic than previous installments.

Quoted post: That'd be him.

****ing sweet. He looks so awesome. Fills the gap between OoT's and WW's Ganon.

Quoted post: Whats with all the character's eyes during cut scenes. The cut scene I saw with Link's friend with the dagger, she had these white eyes. And Link had the same eyes. And as I'm assuming that screenshot is from a cutscene I can see Ganondorf has the same funky eyes. Is that a running theme or something?

You can see his pupils. They're yellowy-orange.

Anywho, I don't know why people want harder bosses. That's not really what the game is about, rather the dungeons, puzzles, and everything you do in between. They ramped up the puzzles this time around, even making "boss puzzles" which I thought were pretty **** cool. Plus, the mini-bosses (that I've seen) were ****ing awesome.

Quoted post: I want bosses that may actually kill you once or twice before you figure out how to kill them, and when you do, it's hard to actually use that tactic.

Oh, and play Ninja Gaiden then. The formula is fine the way it is.

Posted by Zeta

k, two questions because I'm impatient.

SPOILERS LOL

[spoiler]How's the Ganandorf fight? [/spoiler]

And how do the Great Fairies look in this?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]k, two questions because I'm impatient. How's the Ganandorf fight? And how do the Great Fairies look in this?

***. you could have put in like SPOILER TAGS

Oh well.

anyways, fight spoilers [spoiler]Battle starts out with Ganondorf controlling Zelda and using her as a puppet (there's a reason why this is possible, normally Zelda would be fine because she's got the Triforce of Wisdom). That battle is cake, it's the same SLASH SWORD AT ENERGY BALL sort of battle you saw in OoT and LttP. Next up is Ganon, he transforms into a big boar and this is actually probably the hardest boss battle in the game (not saying much). Halfway through the battle you go wolf to kill him. Next up you hop on Epona with Zelda riding behind you firing Arrows of Light at Ganondorf, also on horseback. After you hit him enough he jumps off his horse and pulls out a sword. BATTLE ENSUES. The battle is really intense.[/spoiler]

and there's only one Great Fairy. If I remember what the WW Great Fairy looked like then she's like a grown up version of her with legs.

Posted by maian

Quoting Stalolin: ***. you could have put in like SPOILER TAGS

Oh well.

anyways, fight spoilers [spoiler]Battle starts out with Ganondorf controlling Zelda and using her as a puppet (there's a reason why this is possible, normally Zelda would be fine because she's got the Triforce of Wisdom). That battle is cake, it's the same SLASH SWORD AT ENERGY BALL sort of battle you saw in OoT and LttP. Next up is Ganon, he transforms into a big boar and this is actually probably the hardest boss battle in the game (not saying much). Halfway through the battle you go wolf to kill him. Next up you hop on Epona with Zelda riding behind you firing Arrows of Light at Ganondorf, also on horseback. After you hit him enough he jumps off his horse and pulls out a sword. BATTLE ENSUES. The battle is really intense.[/spoiler]

and there's only one Great Fairy. If I remember what the WW Great Fairy looked like then she's like a grown up version of her with legs.

fix'd.

Well, it sounds like a really cool boss battle. If it's rad enough, I'll forgive it's easyness.

Posted by Ant

It's a truly epic battle.

Posted by Ant

Anyways, I finally figured out how to get the heart piece at the Bridge of Eldin. dsfar[spoiler] had to use the gay own on the other side lol [/spoiler]geg

Posted by LLLLLink

So, who wants to talk about how Link would beat Cloud? *beating dead horse*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Best moment in Zelda history is in Twilight Princess:

Link defeats Gohma in the Temple of Time, then does an epic pose...

... WTF?!?!?!

Posted by Zeta

Aah, I loved that part.

The twilight trumpet birds are better, though. >_>

Posted by Sascha the fat mole

GAZ

Posted by Xero

Quoting The X: Best moment in Zelda history is in Twilight Princess:

Link defeats Gohma in the Temple of Time, then does an epic pose...

... WTF?!?!?!

The boss in the temple of time is Gohma? Holy crap! I hope it'll be harder than in OoT.

Posted by Zeta

Nope. It's pathetically easy. It doesn't even deserve the title of 'boss'.

Posted by Xero

****! Most of the bosses in that game are easy...Everytime I get to a boss, I keep hoping for a challenge :(

Posted by Zeta

Not gonna happen.

Posted by Colonel

Unfortunatly

It's not about the bosses, man, it's about the journey to the bosses, man. Except that's easy too. wtf

Posted by Xero

I agree with vampo. Although I wish that I would get a challenge after spending a lot of time completing an easy journey to the boss :rolleyes:

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, why ruin an epic dungeon with a boss that probably won't even touch you?

Puzzles and stuff were pretty lame too. Need some more MM quality puzzles.

Posted by Xero

Agreed.

Posted by Sascha the fat mole

Quoting Sascha the fat mole: GAZ

human, gaz, said spam, gaz gaz, I don`t undergaz it

Posted by Red

just got my copy of the game on friday, right now I'm just after beating the forest temple, I love it so far.

oh and I got it for GC, cuz I'm pretty sure it's so much better on this system than Wii.

Posted by Ant

you must be a clampin genius!

Quoted post: oh and I got it for GC, cuz I'm pretty sure it's so much better on this system than Wii.

Not really.

Posted by Xero

I was helping my friend going through a temple last week. He had T.P. for the GC. I don't see much of a difference. My hands are just closer to each other...

That's because, visually, there really is no difference. drr drr drr

Posted by Red

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: That's because, visually, there really is no difference. drr drr drr

Link is left handed in GC drr drr drr :cookie:

Visually as in graphical improvements, visual glitches, flaws, etc etc, you ****ing moron. Nice try though.

Posted by Xero

I got to Ganondorf, but I haven't kicked his *** yet.

Snowpeak was a great temple. It was slightly harder than the previous temples. The mini-boss? Well I finished it in 30 seconds and the boss was kinda easy too. That soup the yeti was making looked tasty :p:

I tried to beat Yeta at the snow race to get the heart peice, but she kept beating me at the end, so I gave up.

The temple of time was too easy. Dragging a statue through 8 floors was just long and annoying. =/ The boss was easy, but the mini-boss gave me quite a challenge.

The city in the sky was a good temple. I loved the boss. 2nd best boss in the game for me.

Palace of twilight: Short.

Zant was using redondant magic for the 4 of the 5 first parts. I was expecting him to do more than shoot purple balls at me :(
The last part was funny. The guy turned crazy all the sudden.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Snowpeak was a great temple.

( 9

Posted by Xero

Ok. There weren't temples. Sorry. They were dungeons.

Posted by Dexter

The city in the sky couldn't be a dungeon. It was more like a temple to me, or ruins or something. It seemed like a once flourishing place, something which couldn't be classified as a dungeon. A dungeon would be more like a holding cell/prison, perhaps a cave, without much vegetation or shops.

Posted by G-Sides

i've always called the city in the sky "the city in the sky" without trying to classify it as anything else :s because in the end, who gives a ****.

Zeta.

Posted by Zeta

Me.