Out of a scale of 1/10 what do you rate GC?

Posted by Leon S Kennedy

I created this not long ago. So might aswell bring it back.

Me, I give it 9/10 for the good games and graphics!

Posted by Fiindil

8/10, it's not perfect, and has more than one flaw, so 8

the flaws it has? too narrow a selection of games, game charts for the PS2 and evil box change weekly (with the exception of Fifa X), while the 'cube can stay the same for up to a month. It's also viewed as a console aimed towards little kiddies, which is another problem. Apart from that, it's great

Posted by NightmareBassX

Everyone who doesnt have a GC says that, its for kiddies and the games are kitty, People like that say it maybe cause the concept of the game is a little strange but doesnt mean it has bad gameplay, just cause it doesnt have any serious shooting games where you kill terrorists doesnt mean its bad, Its still a great system, It made classics like mario and zelda.

I hate when people do that, they judge it on the games.

I give it a solid 10/10.

Posted by Mega_death-mustang

i give it a 9/10 bc it is a great system but it has alot of talent that isnt being used wich is a company faulty really

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

8/10 because like Fiindil say it dose has flaws in it ,l but all systems has flaws in them but to me all system that are new would get the same score.

Posted by loony636

I give it a 9/10, it needs more games and it needs to rid itself of the 'Children's console' title (most people seem to think that the only games for the GC are mario and other games like that (not that they are children's games either)).

Posted by Dexter

Quoting NightmareBassX: I hate when people do that, they judge it on the games.

Aren't games one of the most important elements of a system, if not the most important? Including Playstation 2, X Box, and Game Cube, I think the Cube does have the most 'kiddy' aura about it, but I don’t necessarily consider that a negative aspect of the system. If anything, I would say it is a good thing, since I am more interested in adventure games that takes cleverness over shootiness and 'kiddy' games seem to offer me more of what I like. The Game Cube still has a heavy supply of mature games, so it's not like it is limited to kids only.

And the Game Cube is far from being a perfect 10.

Posted by Megatron

I've been very happy with my GameCube but I'll give it a 7.5/10 right now. It could use some more good platformers.

Posted by Ronin

You people judge too quickly.

and you think it's a kiddy system? come on!

Posted by thug2777

Ill give it an 8 it has such good games pretty good graphics but it could have better games and a dvd drive.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting thug2777: and a dvd drive.

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Goldendexter/Nintendo/Game_Cube.jpg]Optional[/URL]

Posted by Pit

No, Dexter, not optional, because we never got that chance, and even then GCN is region locked, so importing one of those would be waste seeing as you can't play american GCN games on it.

Now, this system, like any other has it's ups and downs. If you give it a 10/10, then it's obvious that you're a fanboy and such, since NO system deserves a 10.

Now, gamewise, it's strong, first party and second party games of course. Games like Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda, and Mario Sunshine make the system. If you do notice, why gamers aren't appealed to Nintendo based games is their appereance. You have too many ignorant people who judge games like the Windwaker due to it's cel shaded appereance. Who's fault is this though? Nintendo's. People wanted a realistic Zelda, people begged for something along the lines of ocarina of Time. Yes, I know, we're getting a game like that now, but gamers wanted it in 2002. My friend said the game sucked, regardless of playing, just because of the appereance. Then he bragged about how Ocarina of Time was better, but neever played the windwaker. Yeah, he switched over to PS2.

Graphic wise, excellent. RE4 is gorgeous. No problems with it.

Multiplay wise, it's a great party console. It problably, if not, has the best 4 player games out of all 3, but it still lacks on online capabilities. Look, maybe you guys like facing your same friend over and over again, but I don't. I want to be able to kick speedfreaks ... over there in Europe in games like Starfox Assault, but I can't.

The controller frustrates me. It works perfect on every first party/second party games, but on Fighting games like Soul Calibur II and Capcom vs. SNK 2, it's garbage. This controller seems to have been made in favor of only GCN exclusive titles, which does makes sense seeing how they have more time to concentrate on that one particular system.

I'm still with my 6.5/10 on this system. (Not the games)

Posted by Speedfreak

I thought the Gamecube controller worked perfectly with Super Smash Brothers and Soul Calibur 2. Or maybe you're talking about games that weren't designed for the GC controller in the first place, in which case it has absolutely nothing to do with the controller at all?

Posted by inequity

5/10

I love nintendo and all their products, but I think the gamecube was their worst console. It has great games, but out of all my nintendo systems, i play this one the least.

Posted by D.J Cat

So far a 7 out of 10.

There is still time for that rating to either rise or fall, I think it may rise if the next Zelda game is good enough as well as any suprise hits they may just bring out.

Firstly the actual machine is pretty much perfect.
Strong, reliable, easy to move around and set up and the lack of loading times

The controller is fine, probably just a bit better than the N64 one.
Anyone can pick it up and play unless they are just being anti-gamecube living balls of borange and pretending its too small or some rubbish like that.

The graphics and sound are but very nice at times.

The only area where I see it has been a bit of a let down is the games.
Just about all the sequals were disapointing.

Wave Race: Bluestorm - Nice technically but didn't have that great "feel" of the original

Super Mario Sunshine - Was never going to match Mario 64. However it is still a wonderful game.

Zelda: Wind Waker - Another amzing experience that had me excited for the whole time, but couldn't compare to Ocarina of Time.

Mario kart: Double Dash - Really only a multiplayer game (although I was a weird one that liked the one player mode quite a bit while it lasted) . Only just short of Mario Kart 64 but a fair bit short of Super Mario Kart

Those are just the examples I could think off.
I must say Smash Bros. Melee was a far better game than the 64 version as is F-Zero GX.

Anyway, the point is the Gamecube hasn't had as much high quaility games coming out, being a bit of a problem. If Rare where still around...
And still making games as good as on the 64 I think I would be giving it a 9 out of 10 rather than 7 but well, thats just bad luck...

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: I thought the Gamecube controller worked perfectly with Super Smash Brothers and Soul Calibur 2. Or maybe you're talking about games that weren't designed for the GC controller in the first place, in which case it has absolutely nothing to do with the controller at all?

Last I thought, Smash Bros. is a fighter totally different from "classic" fighters. Hell, Powerstone would be kick arse on the GCN, and what, the controller has nothing to do with it? How is it that I can pull off excellent comboes in Capcom vs. SNK 2 for the X-box, PS2, and Dreamcast, but it's frustrating on the GCN? It's because of the controller and how the buttons are aligned. If they came out with a 6 button classic arcade controller, for GCN, then you can substitute that for any fighter out there, excluding smash, which is horrible with any other controller. I tried it, converters.

Posted by Big Boss

I rated the GCN a 6 last time we had a thread like this. The system has a handful of must-play titles, while there's a boatload for the PS2 and Xbox. People at Nintendo must hate the word "ergonomic," because the controller is anything but. If developers can make a game for all three consoles, and two of the three play smoothly while the third plays erratically, whose fault is it? Plus, the lack of online play hurts the score, but the Game Boy Player saves it from complete mediocrity.

Posted by Darkbackward

I think the gamecube suffers from toomuchitis, too much mario golf and tennis and boobies, not enough mario mario games. And we all know systems blow my anus if they don't have mario mario games (or sonic sonic games or jak jak games or booby booby games)

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Pit:
Now, this system, like any other has it's ups and downs. If you give it a 10/10, then it's obvious that you're a fanboy and such, since NO system deserves a 10.

I disagree.

The thread asks what do YOU rate the Gamecube.
Not how do you think everyone else rates the Gamecube.

I didn't lower my score just to accompany for immature, .... for brains people who just throw a "kiddy" image with the Gamecube.
Sales and what some casual uninformed gamer says should have nothing do do with the score you give it or how you see the console.

A system can easily get the 10 out of 10 rating as long as it satisfys that individual. Not everyone else.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting D.J Cat: I disagree.

The thread asks what do YOU rate the Gamecube.
Not how do you think everyone else rates the Gamecube.

I didn't lower my score just to accompany for immature, .... for brains people who just throw a "kiddy" image with the Gamecube.
Sales and what some casual uninformed gamer says should have nothing do do with the score you give it or how you see the console.

A system can easily get the 10 out of 10 rating as long as it satisfys that individual. Not everyone else.

No, NOTHING, not in a persons opinion should get 10/10- Nothing is perfect. If it was what would be the point of a new console?

Posted by legov8

I give it a 10.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

I give the GameCube system 9 out of 10.

Posted by Prince Redon

It would have been very low at one point, but after Resident Evil 4 came out, all of that changed.

Posted by Grasin

I give the Game cube a 10/10 because it has all of the types of games i like to play, plus i like nintendo.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting nintendorules!: No, NOTHING, not in a persons opinion should get 10/10- Nothing is perfect. If it was what would be the point of a new console?

Quite the moronic statement.

Nothing is perfect, but that still doesn't mean you cannot give something a perfect rating. It is up to the person's opinion.

I thought the SNES was the best system, I'd give it a 10/10, that does not mean it was perfect.

As for the Cube, I'll give it a 9/10.

Posted by Project ShadowX

10/10. GameCube have great graphics but Nintendo made a lot of kiddie games. Overall, it is still a great system to have.

Posted by PhageTheUntouchable

6/10. Just doesn't have the games I crave.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

7/10. Mainly because the games I enjoy the most are RPG based, which the GC is lacking in. The GC controller is decent, I'm growing rather fond of it, I suppose. The graphics are wonderful, and the system is compact, which is nice.

Posted by Random

I don't think any console deserves 10/10. My favorite console of the 3 is the Xbox and at most i'd rate it a 9.2/10 and the PS2 9/10. The GC however I'd probably rate 7 or 8 out of 10. So far about 7 but I think when the Legend of Zelda comes out i'll have to bump that up a point or two. But no console is perfect. They all have their flaws. The PS2 only has 2 controller ports which you'll have to buy additionally, You have to buy a dvd kit to play dvd's on the Xbox, There is no DVD/CD Player on the GC. Things like that. Those are just examples.

Now the PS or SNES probably would have come close to 10 at the time. The PS had a great selection of games and was a huge step in technology. I'd probably rate it a 9.6 and the SNES had a huge selection of great quality in Games i'd probably rate a 9.8 at the time.

But there is no 10. Not now... Maybe never.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting nintendorules!: No, NOTHING, not in a persons opinion should get 10/10- Nothing is perfect. If it was what would be the point of a new console?

Oh what the ****, what do you want! A 9.99/10?

No, You think nothing is perfect. And first of all I said 10/10 because I just had figured out the long waited Zelda (not windwaker) was coming out and I was happy. Im not a fanboy and I do think the gamecube is a great system, But the gamecube has dissapointed me in some ways, so I change it to a 9/10, I was just happy at the moment, And I gurantee that you have claimed something to be perfect. And anyway, Just because I gave it the best rating doesnt mean I meant it as perfect. I just judged to quickly, and Actually thought about it for a bit. Its how much you like the system, not how good you think it is. And the whole ignorant kiddie game **** is just retarded.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

[COLOR=Lime][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Ok, I play the Gamecube alot so I'll write down what I think...

The games are not kiddish. I see adults playing The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker. I don't agree that the games are kiddish. The gamecube even has quite an amount of M rated games...

The controller is just fine with me... I play the Gamecube so much. It takes a while for me to accustom to a PS2 or XBox controller.

The style alone of the Gamecube is cool. You don't find a handle on an XBox or a PS2. And the Gamecube doesn't have an electronic door. Which is good, because if you have a power outage, and you want the game inside the PS2, how are you going to get it out?

My rate? Since I'm a Nintendo fan, and you say I can't give it a 10. I'd say 9.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Mini Rebew

i say 8, only because ive been playing halo 2 online instead of gc, so if it was online it would be 10

Posted by sodipop

I would give it an 8/10 because it doesnt have a big selection of games and it isn't a DVD player too like PS2 and Xbox. It does have pretty good graphics though.

Posted by loony636

I would give it a 7, but only in comparison to other consoles.

Posted by Illyria110

i'd give the gamecube a 7 out of 10 because of the game selection and lack of online play, but i do like the controller (for the type of games i play) because it's pretty comfortable, and most importantly, resident evil 4 because it's a masterpiece.

Posted by Poison

I give the game cube 9 out of 10. The game cube is one of the first systems I know that used the mini disks; it also has controllers that are fitted for a person

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Graphics - 9/10 Falls short u nder the xbox, but way over the PS2

gameplay - this one I'll just rate on the gameplay I had. Most nintendo games on it kicked ***, so the gameplay on the cube is a 10/10 for me

Games - 7/10 No third party support makes it lack more titles. First party games 9/10 MOstly because of what they did to mario and link, I mean I still enjoyed it like hell, but that was a queer makeover.

Durability - 10/10 Gamecubes can stop, drop, and roll all over the place, and what happens, it lives. Drop a PS2, and you're scared. The quality is tremendous.

Control - I love it. It's perfect for smashing away. 8/10 only because if you get rough on the controller, it wears down. Wear down is no good for smash bros :(

If the cube had more titles, I wouldn't need the xbox or ps2, but thats not the case now is it :(

Overall cube score - 10/10 stfu smash bros melee > life

Posted by Morag2

I'll have to go with 9/10... I love the first-party Nintendo games and I really love the controller... I like the cube shape better then it's rectangular opponents. I also just like Nintendo and always have.

Posted by VideogamerNick1

Quoting NightmareBassX: Everyone who doesnt have a GC says that, its for kiddies and the games are kitty, People like that say it maybe cause the concept of the game is a little strange but doesnt mean it has bad gameplay, just cause it doesnt have any serious shooting games where you kill terrorists doesnt mean its bad, Its still a great system, It made classics like mario and zelda.

I give it a solid 10/10.
I feel the same way although i thing x box is the best Gc is my favorite

Posted by VideogamerNick1

Quoting Illyria110: i'd give the gamecube a 7 out of 10 because of the game selection and lack of online play, but i do like the controller (for the type of games i play) because it's pretty comfortable, and most importantly, resident evil 4 because it's a masterpiece.
me to I love the controller format, i think it is the best controller ever

Posted by Raptor

7/10. With games like Sonic Mega Collection, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Starfox Adventures, I could not imagine not owning one.

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

The system Is a 9/10 to me. Its a great thing, easily my fav out of the current systems, but SNES was better :)

6/10, Confused? I was when this little figure popped into my head, considering many consider me a fanboy.

Don't get me wrong, The GC is a great system but it failed on many points, some of which I have listed

First off, There is a distinct lack of games, I know Nintendo preaches quality and not quantity but there are still too little of them. No games can match the likes of Zelda and Mario, but we need more than that to justify our purchase.

There is no online. I recently started playing online on my PC and just realised what I've been missing. It is great fun. Mario Kart would be great online. Meh-ness to Ninty.

Fanboys. Speaking as one myself, I have little right to preach however; I believe many Nintendo fanboys can be aggresive and unecessaraly violent about how Ninty is always the best.

In all I'm VERY happy with my Gamecube, I'm happy playing Baten Kaitos and ToS for a while until Zelda arrives, but please Ninty, sort yourself out?

Posted by Morag2

9/10

Missing the point because of lack of online (I wouldn't get it anyway cause I'm too cheap but still) and because of the lack of games... not that I want more then 400 games anyway but ya. Those lose the points.

I like the graphics, the sounds, the games, the controller, the console style... what am I missing? Well I like that too, it's great all around.

Posted by Solid Snake

8/10 not extremely perfect. If they would of released
A solid Mario title
Donkey Kong
Golden Sun RPG for GC
Another Smash Brothers
I would of gave it a 9 out of 10

Posted by buddha

I would give it 7 because of lack of new games,sure it has zelda and mario etc.. but besides the excellent metroid series there arent really bringing anything new.Also the childish design of the console.I didnt really care if it looked childish or not but obviously if you listen to most people they do care and at first the console was purple..............come on .......purple!! also the controller is great but doesent suit some games very well.

Quoting buddha: ..............come on .......purple!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]PURPLE RULES![/FONT]

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

[quote]PURPLE RULES!
only in the japanese market place.

Posted by streak101

I would rate it a 6/10.why? The gamecube does have better graphics than ps2 but if you compare it to the xbox its not all that good. Plus, there are only some nintendo games that peak the interest of almost everyone,and most of those are in xbox and ps2 versions *** well. Although the gamecube offers more in games than others- like in street vol.3 when you can play as the mario charaters- it lacks good games and durabble controllers. I am the happy owner of broken gamecube controllers after playing gamecube on the weekend. A 6/10

Posted by Random

Actually I have to disagree. I think the Gamecube has the most Durable Controllers. I've had Madcatz GC Controllers break but not Nintendo Made Controllers. I had 1 ps2 and like 3 PS controllers break, and 1 Microsoft Xbox Controller break, but not a Gamecube Controller. Infact the Gamecube Console itself has to be the most Durable Console out there.

Posted by Burrito

My purple 1st party gamecube controller has been broken for a while. It's plays like the joystick is permanently stuck in the up position. I've thought about taking apart and cleaning it or something, but because of my lack of knowledge about hardware I might end up breaking it more.

Anyway, I'd give the gamecube an 8/10. It is my favorite system and I love Nintendo, but some of their decisions aggravate me.

Posted by Random

Yeah controllers do break but I honestly do have to disagree with them not being durable. The Gamecube controllers are super durable compared to the others. Sure the Xbox controllers aren't bad and all since my cousin whips them around everytime he loses at something, but they do tend to break. Not as bad as the PS2 controllers however. I've seen so many of those things break. But The Gamecube itself with the controllers are super sturdy. The only problem I had was the yellow analog pushed in, but I managed to get it out ^_^

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting NightmareBassX: Everyone who doesnt have a GC says that, its for kiddies and the games are kitty, People like that say it maybe cause the concept of the game is a little strange but doesnt mean it has bad gameplay, just cause it doesnt have any serious shooting games where you kill terrorists doesnt mean its bad, Its still a great system, It made classics like mario and zelda.

I give it a solid 10/10.

I total agree. Its not really a kiddie system. If people would give it a try, then they would see that its just a mature as the PS2 and Xbox. Sure some of the games have cute kiddie graphics, but thats what makes them so great. And not all games are not kiddie. Take into example the Resident Evil Series that was remade on the Gamecube.

Posted by Majeh717

i give it a 9/10

the only thing i wish it had more of was on line game play.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting SomebodyRandom: But The Gamecube itself with the controllers are super sturdy. The only problem I had was the yellow analog pushed in, but I managed to get it out ^_^

The xbox controllers are more durable than the gamecube ones.

The Cube controllers as a matter of fact are durable in a sense that they will always work. They aren't durable in the sense, that the joysticks get really weak. Maybe it IS just ME. I've gone over 7 gamecube controllers already by just playing smash bros melee. This controller I'm using now I love because its worn for the perfect feel, but its getting to the point that the controller is gonna lose control. My last controller's joystick got pushed in and didn't work correctly. The other ones A button got mashed in. The other one's C stick lost response. One before that lacked the power to make the L button work. And the one before that didn't like going left or right at the right times. I do stress my controllers to a max, and I'm admitting that :-p, but I wish it were more durable still -_-

Posted by Random

Yeah well I mentioned that being one of the problems. I don't know it's just what I thought.

Posted by Black_Wolf

From a overall System Standpoint, I would give it a 7/10. The game library lacks alot of third party titles as everyone knows, but nearly all of the Nintendo titles are must haves. I don't know any other company that can say that. Below average of the system life of the average console I think.

But my personal rating of the system is a 4/10. I had high hopes for the Cube and Nintendo proceeded to smash those hopes into the ground repeatedly. Lack of online, lack of games b/c when I buy a system, I don't want games every 6months or more. Had it not been for the REseries on the Cube, I think it would be in much worse shape. I know that when I first bought the Cube, I played it the first day and pretty much let it sit until RE1. Through EB I had to purchase it in a pack w/ three games and the only games that looked good at launch were Waverace, Rouge Leader and Madden. And they all sucked. 'Cube had a terrible launch.

The only good thing is the mulitplyr and the Wavebird controllers. Overall, the Cube was a waste of my hard earned money and after Twilight Princess, its as good as dead, going away to rest alongside the equally disappointing N64.

Posted by JonMB

I give the Gamecube a 7.

Plus:
It's profitable for Nintendo.
Most reliable current system.
Nintendo's exclusives.

Cons:
No online gaming except for Phantasy Star.
Lack of third party support.
Kiddie image held by many gamers.

Posted by speedemon35

Since what I care for the most is the story and gameplay instead of graphics I'd give the GC at least 9.5/10

Posted by nich

Nothing can ever be perfect, 10 out of 10 implies perfection and that's impossible.

Posted by nich

Im giving it a 6/10 for reasons already mentioned by many. lack of games, no online etc. etc. I like nintendo alot but unfortunately this was my least favourite of their systems. But hey its a great nonetheless.

Posted by BigB78

Im giving it an 8 out of 10. The system is great don't get me wrong but it could and should have been a whole lot better.

Posted by Fox McCloud

I give the GC a 7 out of 10.

Posted by Moogs

6.5/10

Posted by flyingboris

2 out of 10

Posted by Unite

5/10

I would said 8/10 last year

but really with almost no new games to look forward to.

Posted by Ant

What would the game selection of the future have anything to do with what is out now? And besides, there is still Zelda: TP coming.

Posted by GameMiestro

6/10. Not that big a deal.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Ant: What would the game selection of the future have anything to do with what is out now? And besides, there is still Zelda: TP coming.

I'm not zelda fan, so that pretty much means gc is dead to me.

The game i'm waiting for is Disgaea 2 on ps2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=50ioT1VEQ24

Posted by Colonel

1,000,000/10

I love GC, its got great graphics, cool games, and has a great view of gaming. I think that in some ways its better than PS2.

Posted by Drewboy64

8/10
great games, great graphics, amazing controller, but online would have been fantastic. Ie, online fourswords so gameboy's aren't needed.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

9/10 but still traded mine for a dreamcast...melee was cool though.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I give it a 8/10.

I would have given it a 10 if there were more/better games out for it.

But in my opinion the GC was/is far superior to the PS2. The PS2 is a horrible piece of hardware. Some of the games are good...i'll admit that but most of them are crap. Oh...and the graphics...don't get me started on those. Some dreamcast games had better graphics than some PS2 games.

Posted by Klarth

I give it an eight.

Pros:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
F-Zero GX
Gekko was the greatest console gfx chip of the previous generation.
BEST CONTROLLER EVER, with the possible exception of the 360's wireless controller.

Cons:
****ing kiddy stereotype.
Died.
Serious lack of Guilty Gear. =(

Posted by Grom

I give the GC an 8/10. "Why?" might you ask, because i can. Also it needs better games but all and all it ok. Besides i own one. "Dang you, Battalion Wars!!!!!!"

Posted by Oblivion&Oathkeeper

I'd give it an 8.5/10.

Posted by Last Fog

4/10 I might have posted in this thread a year ago... and maybe gave it a higher score... not about to check

But really theres not much on GC that I like. Its been all downhill for a looong time, with virtually not a single good release all last year with the exception of RE4. Any other good games arent exclusive. I bought gamecube at release way back when expecting big things. Three years later I have a collection of 7 or 8 games.

But it what it comes down to is all the current generation consoles are crap. Thats all there is to it. I also have a ps2 with more games but nothing spectacular like the N64 days and earlier.

Posted by killacow127

On A 1\10 i rate GC 5\10 Because i like some of the games otherwise i dont like the controller Another reason is i need it for when Twilight princess comes out..

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting killacow127: i need it for when Twilight princess comes out..
same here otherwise i'd sell this dust collector and the few games for some cash. That game better be amazing, all I can say. They delayed it enough....

Posted by ExoXile

Since I'm such a Nintendo fanboii I give it 8.
Would've been much better with just a tad more online games.
I got that dang adapter for nothing. :(

TP will probably raise it to a 9, though, maybe.:rolleyes:

Posted by Dog

7.8/10

Posted by NeXidala

8/10

Posted by Kit

I thought I already posted here.

I'll give the GCN an 8/10, for reasons already said.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

7/10

It has Smash Bros and Fire Emblem. Not nearly enough RPG's, but still better then Xbox.

Posted by Arcadios

10/10
Melee......nuff said.

Posted by muffla

8/10 not as good as ps2 or xbox but a nice try by nintendo i was really disapointed by nintnedo when i herd about gamecube i got so excited but now its just ehh most mario games were good (some sports suked like baseball and strikers)but aver all i liked it

Posted by Dog

7/10.

Posted by Piku

I'd rate it 8/10

Posted by DPDude

8/10, because they dumped GBA-GC support.

Love the Wavebird though...along with no load times.

Posted by ShadowsQuest2500

Everyone can dis on my a$$ all they want for the following:

I have been and always will be a NINTENDO FREAK! Every system/handheld/product that has EVER been put out by this company is part of my ever growing Nintendo collection. Everything as far as I am concerned deserves a 10/10 for what the product is itself. Everything by Nintendo has a reason for being created and given to the public and is perfect in every way. What other company can claim such an outstanding concept of gaming engineerig? The GC is just another incredible creation by an even more incredible company. 10/10 for the Gamecube? ABSOLUTELY!