Wario Ware: Twisted!

Posted by VicE

Anyone else pick this up yet? I just got it yesterday. I'm a big fan of the WW series, so I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

I'm glad to say I'm not disappointed at all... the game is a lot more challenging than WW Touched (and perhaps even moreso than the original) and even if you know what you're supposed to do in a game, you can still have trouble. I'll admit that I didn't know what to think of the motion sensor deal at first, but I think the game makes very good use of it. After the first few games twisting the GBA around becomes pretty much second nature.

I love the MOUNTAIN of unlockables they've thrown into this one as well - lots of useless little gadgets like the toys in Touched, but also tons of full-fledged minigames as well (much more than in either Touched or the original).

And of course, there's plenty of that good ol' Wario humor, too. A few really good songs with lyrics (and you can unlock records so you can listen to them whenever you want), and the games themselves are just as off-the-wall and crazy as you'd expect. As always I'm absolutely in love with 9-Volt's stage... the little intermissions between microgames are awesome and his boss game is one of the absolute coolest things EVER.

Thoughts? :)

Posted by inequity

Yes, I got it yesterday as well. And I like it a whole lot better than touched. Theres more mini games, a whole lot more souveneirs. Mewtroid being my favorite. Twisted is byfar my favorite one in the series. 9 volts super mario boss is, indeed, the coolest.

Also, Im not sure if you know this or not, but if you turn on wario ware touched with wario ware twisted in the GBA slot, you get the very last toy for wario ware touched. Its nothing spectacular though, but worth it.

You should try playing twisted on gameboy player :D

Posted by VicE

Yeah, forgot about the Touched/Twisted link up thing. For those who are curious, you get this little music video about Mona Pizza. Nothing too flashy, but it's a cute song. :)

I like Mewtroid and Wario Bike the best out of the minigames I have so far... that and Pyoro R, though Pyoro T from Touched was way better. I don't have all of them yet though.

Posted by brownoystercult

I love wario ware. The only problem is that they've all been beaten on my first sit-down. If this one isn't lengthy enough then I don't think I'll go right out and buy it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's out tomorrow over here. And wiyth regards to Wario Ware Touched!... I've beaten everything and got every minigame... or so I thought. There's one that my friend has which I've never seen before. And it's not the Mona Pizza thing that was referenced earlier. I don't understand it... I've beaten every high score in the game. EVERYTHING.

EDIT: ANNOYANCE! Twisted has been pushed back to a SEPTEMBER release! Looks like I'm importing it...

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I love Wario Ware: Twisted! It's really challanging and all those unlockable souvenirs give the game some nice replayability.

I would rate it 92/100.

What I don't like about the game is, that sometimes the sensor gets all crazy (moves to the left or right continously) and makes me mess up at the microgames.

Also, Nintendo stole my bird crapping mini-game idea! :mad:

Posted by brownoystercult

Okay, I got the game on Monday. I've been playing it and I absolutely love it. It seems to be a very long game. Having to unlock all the minigames, and get the medals on them, and collecting souvenirs seems like it will take long enough. This is definitely the best thing to happen in the Warioware series. So they should come up with more innovative ideas for future Warioware games.

A cool little trick I figured out is when you're at the title screen, shake your gameboy to scramble up the Twisted! words.

Posted by MGamer

I got this game a few days ago and I'm pretty satisfied. Its a fun little game to play. I'm a fan of the Wario Ware series I have touched and its awesome.

Posted by muffla

Defiantly a buy. But I am stuck at one part! =( I don't know how to get the last character after the one banana monkey, but beyond that, l love the game.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Oh, I imported it in the end... I've unlocked every minigame except one of Fronk's, and that's highly annoying, since I don't know which character is hiding it - it's an awesome game, though, every bit as fun as I thought.

Although somehow it hasn't held my attention for as long as Touched! - I don't know why...

Posted by Drewboy64

I need to get one more character, and that last tower with jsut one life is too hard.