Ratchet vs. Jak

Posted by jake102690

Tell me which of the two series you like better personally I like the Jak trilogy better because it has a lot more of a stoyline along with more action!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

This should be moved to the playstation board, unless you want a lot of people like myself, who hate both franchises equally, posting in it.

Posted by Crazy K

yeah this should be in the PS thread. Anyways Im getting tired of the Jak series. I got tired after no. 2 but Never played 3 yet. Ractet and Clank I never played. But I did enjoy Jak and dexter the precursor legacy, and I think I will try to rebeat it all over again.

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

i never played the 1st jak, i came to the end of the 2nd but never beat it. im just skipping to jak 3. i never played rachet and clank, It seems really good, but i hate playing cutsy games

Posted by Crazy K

You should really consider trying out Jak and Daxter. Its by far much better then the recent two games. I gave that game like a 9.5/10 Rating for sure. Its just way to better then Jak 2.

Posted by Corrupt

[quote=Crazy K]yeah this should be in the PS thread.

It shall be done! Even though I vaguely remember another thread with the exact same name being created a while ago, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere, so this one will be just fine for now.

Anyway, I've always been a Ratchet & Clank fan, myself. As for Jak & Daxter, well... I've never played any of the games, and I don't really intend to anytime soon.

I'm still not sure how Ratchet: Deadlocked is going to turn out, and I will say that I am still pretty skeptical. The first R&C game is still my favorite after these three years, too.

Posted by Crazy K

if you ever do consider trying out the Jak series go for the first game, its by far the better one out of all 3 Jaks (even though I never played no. 3 yet) anyways I should try out Ratchet and clank but Im more interested in other games (*** Of War, Metal Gear Solid, Etc.) that I would love to try.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I own the first two Ratchet and Clanks, and the first Jak and Daxter. I have yet to play either, really. It's the kind of game I enjoy playing for ten minutes, then want to go on to an RPG.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Angelwing: It's the kind of game I enjoy playing for ten minutes, then want to go on to an RPG.

Haha... I'm exactly the opposite from that :( The only recent RPG-esque game that I've been able to play for more than an hour or so would be Disgaea, and then after that, I have to play a more "free roaming" kind of game, like R&C.

Oh well.

Posted by Arczu

game switchover requires systems for me. But if I'm really in, then I'll pick two current favorites and play them.

Ratchet: Weapons Expert
Jak: Eco-centric soul

That's how I see the two. Both of these characters lead interesting lives, and show that its never too late to throw a joke or two inside.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

I played a demo as far as Jak gose as for ratchet and clank i really enjoyed the second one. As for the newest one. it's like they took off it's wings and shot it in the head with a shotgun. I miss the storyline :(

Posted by Majeh717

i like Jak better its got a better story but not a good one i really liked the 3rd one but all the others i just played because i like Dex he is funny

Posted by solarphoenix990

Personally I like the Ratchet and clank series better because I like the fact that you can do the missions in the game more flexibly. Also I like it better because I like its storyline better then the jak and daxter series.

Posted by James

Personally, from my pure lack of any time playing Ratchet and Clank, and from my pure obsession over the Jak series, I think they are both equal. I have heard too many good things about Ratchet and Clank not to say so. While Jak does have a pretty deep storyline (for an action-platformer) and some innovative ideas for gun mods and magic abilities, it lacks multiplayer, and the sixty guns, which I might add, are pretty original unto themselves.

Though I think Jak could probably drop-kick Ratchet pretty far....

Posted by steve9842005

i own ratchet and clank 1 & 2, and i own all the jak's. i have to say that i enjoy playing jak more than i do playing ratchet and clank. they both r really good action platformer kind of games though, but jak beats ratchet.

Posted by veritas

its not only my opinion but every magizine I've seen gave Ratchet and Clank series a higher score than Jak. I dont like Jak because the storyline sucks compared to Ratchet and Clank. Ratchet and Clank has more humor. And Ratchet and Clank has more to do in the game.

Posted by Chronic

I like the Jak series way more Ive beaten all of them. I love the storyline. Ratchet and Clank are just not the same to me. Jak is badass.

Posted by Lucifer

Jak and Daxter beat out Ratchet and Clank by far. And I'm sure Jak could just as easily beat the **** out of Ratchet, as Clank could fall into some water and rust.

Posted by veritas

hey idiot, Clank may be a robot, But at least he's not a annoying RAT!!.