Book I used to have when I was little

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ok recently I thought of a book I used to have read to me when I was little. I no longer have the book because I got rid of it a long time ago. Now I am desperate to read it again just to remember it etc. I really woould like to get hold of a copy. It would be great if anyone else knows of this book or any additional information so that I can track it down on the net and find myself a copy.

Ok here goes the description, from what I can remember, bearing in mind I was very young when I used to have this book read to me:

The book contained two stories about a little dragon. The first story was where he got chased up a tree by some dogs, then he threw some conkers at them to get them away. The next bit of the story from what I remember is that he's in a shed and he can't breathe fire, then he suddenly can and loads of flames shoot from his nose.

The second story was where the little dragon got sperated from his parents, who were put in a cage. He called upon his two cousin dragons who where brown and yellow, from what I remember of the pictures. He called upon them to dig under the cage his parents were trapped in to free them.

The book had a green back cover and, I think, a kind of yellowish front cover with various pictures of the dragons on the front. The book contained many pictures all of which were cartoon drawn, not photos or realistic pictures. [/COLOR]

Posted by Morag2

Sorry... never heard of/read anything like that.

Posted by Xenos

It's called Literature Board!

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Morag2: Sorry... never heard of/read anything like that.

...then why the hell would you post? Really, I want to ban you. :(

Posted by Dexter

I recently read The City of Dragons by Laurence Yep. It doesn't go with your story but I believe Laurence has many other stories about dragons. I could ask a friend in my Children's Literature class about it. It is amazing how much she knows when it comes to it. I assume the book was a children's book?

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Yes the book was a childrens book. It wasn't a very long one either. It would be great if you could ask her. Cheers.[/COLOR]

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have been doing some research and I have found some possible titles:
The Last Little Dragon
Why Won't the Dragon Roar?
I can't remember the title at all so I don't know if either of these are the title of the book. I have tried searching on google and it doesn't come up with any pictures of the book at all. [/COLOR]

Posted by gemstone

Was the little dragon green? It could be:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0871592282/qid=1118524175/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/103-6342450-3843002?v=glance&s=books

Posted by gemstone

Um, that's "Adventures of the Little Green Dragon" in case the link breaks.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Nope that wasn't it either. The book must have been from the late 80s early 90 I would think.[/COLOR]