Two Bioware games comfirmed for Xbox 360.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Gamespot]Two BioWare games for 360, Dragon Age going next gen?

Revered RPG maker reveals a pair of titles in the works for Microsoft's console, most likely postlaunch: 360 titles right now, so we have a pretty good sense of what's possible, and where this generation's at," said Zeschuk. "I think we'll see where it's going pretty soon, but I think all the next-gen stuff is pretty exciting."

While Muzyka and Zeschuk couldn't go into detail, they did hint BioWare's title may ship after the Xbox 360's Q4 debut, which would mean 2006. "Microsoft seems to really be focusing on the [games scheduled for the Xbox 360's] launch window, but we'll be able to start talking pretty soon, and I think people will be pretty excited," Muzyka said.

That said, the pair shot down rumors that one of BioWare's two 360 titles was Dragon Age, its all-original fantasy role-playing game. "With Dragon Age--the first iteration of it, anyway--we're focusing on making it the most ambitious PC RPG we've ever done at BioWare," said Muzyka. However, just because it's not a current 360 project doesn't mean it won't be so in the future. "It's a franchise we own, so there will be other versions that will be on other platforms," Muzyka said, hinting a 360 version could be down the road.

The two executives also said that BioWare may not be devoted solely to a Microsoft console, as they are to the current-generation Xbox. "We're actually looking at all the next-gen systems closely--they all look impressive--very interesting and powerful," beamed Muzyka. Zeschuk chimed, "We're really excited about the [Nintendo] Revolution and the ability to download and play all those old games!"

As for other platforms, Muzyka and Zeschuk said that they were big fans of the Sony PSP and are considering developing for it and other handhelds. "We spent the entire time on the plane on the way down [to Los Angeles] playing Lumines... Can you imagine some of our RPGs on a handheld? All of a sudden, we've got these new handhelds that can actually handle it."

But for all their talk of other platforms, the pair assured PC gamers BioWare remains committed to them. "We certainly want to support our PC audience in the future too," said Muzyka. "We've got both a console community and a PC community, and we recognize there's overlap between them, but we also recognize that there are design preferences that are different between the two."

For more, check out GameSpot's full interview with Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk.

Though they're looking at all next-gen consoles, if Bioware puts most of it's weight behind Xbox 360 as far as consoles go, it'd be a major factor for Microsoft.

Since, IMO, Bioware is the unrival masters of RPG's and thier reputation is near-flawless in quality of developed games.

Posted by you_all_suck

You post in a way that makes slugs and other invertebrates look like Nobel Prize winners. In future, kindly proofread your posts before assaulting unsuspecting readers of this message board with a litany of misspellings, egregious grammatical errors, and other verbal atrocities.

The Anti-Moron

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I absolutely love Bioware, but I don't own an original X-box, nor will I own a 360, at least not for quite some time. I just hope that they keep the great RPG's/games for PC.

Posted by Random

Perhaps... There were a lot of Xbox Games that came out for PC. If Microsoft is to make a real good fanbase, their going to need to make more exclusives. They had a good size of exclusives but only half a dozen were good play games.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Angelwing: I absolutely love Bioware, but I don't own an original X-box, nor will I own a 360, at least not for quite some time. I just hope that they keep the great RPG's/games for PC.

They will, they've always made time for a PC version with all thier games.

Posted by Random

Not quite... but a lot of them yes. Some great games like Ninja Gaiden and Jade Empire were never to be released for PC.

Posted by Speedfreak

Have they made anything decent other than KOTOR or shall I remain in my position of not caring?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

They need to either make a true turn-based RPG, or a Knights of the New Republic game to get my attention. I might be willing to suffer through the clunky interface to interract with the post-Return of the Jedi Star Wars universe.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yes! The Old republic is crazy boring.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Not quite... but a lot of them yes. Some great games like Ninja Gaiden and Jade Empire were never to be released for PC.

Bioware had nothing to do with Ninja Gaiden, that was Tecmo and Team Ninja and they've talked about a PC port for Jade Empire so don't be surprised.

Quoting Speedfreak: Have they made anything decent other than KOTOR or shall I remain in my position of not caring?

Jade Empire, Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights come to mind.

*** yes, Baldur's Gate. The Playstation versions don't count, though. I've yet to really play NWN, but from what I have, I've loved it.

Posted by Random

Sorry Boomstick I didn't mean by bioware, I meant in General :-P

Posted by Morag2

I'm somewhere between not caring and hoping nintendo gets some good RPG's...

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Sorry Boomstick I didn't mean by bioware, I meant in General :-P

...But we're talking about Bioware games.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Prey plz.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Prey plz.

That's Bioware developed?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: That's Bioware developed?

No, I'm just saying, at the moment it looks to be the best next-gen game out there.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I guess now would be a bad time to tell you that Black Isle, the branch of Bioware that made the good PC RPGs, is no more

baldur's gate, etc

I know but...there's still hope.

Posted by Random

Well I loved KOTOR.. But it wasn't an exclusive. Hrm... wait didn't Bioware make Jade Empire? That was a great game!

Posted by kinco

I was a huge fan of the original Baldur's Gate games for the PC but I absolutely hated the console series. After playing like 10 RPG's with only a **** bird's-eye view, it tends to get to you. I look for their next game to be a sequel to Jade Empire, which is my favorite XBOX game so far this year. Hopefully they'll release an NWN series for the console aswell, I've been dying to "Kill Bill" (Opeth). :P

Posted by Fate

Jade Empire was actually pretty kick-***.

And KOTOR was a great game. I don't know why people wouldn't like it. :(

Posted by kinco

Yeah, I loved KOTOR 1 and 2. I would've mentioned a future KOTOR game in my first reply, but unfortunately Pandemic now has development rights for that series.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Fate: Jade Empire was actually pretty kick-***.

And KOTOR was a great game. I don't know why people wouldn't like it. :(

Because it was the most boring game on the face of the Earth about the most boring part of Star Wars that couldn't even redeem itself superficially because it had the most boring graphics of this generation. The only thing remotely interesting about it is the fact that you can take whatever path you want, which is pretty pointless considering most people do most things the same way, especially when there's no need or reward to doing something different for a change.

Hell, they called it an RPG. Fucking thing didn't even have a battle system. You just watched your character fire a blaster in the most painfully slow way and miss half the time. Not fun.

Posted by Random

Actually I enjoyed the battle system. It's better then the same old boring stand and wait your turn. You could walk around and make your turn as fast as possible. Good game ^_^

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Actually I enjoyed the battle system. It's better then the same old boring stand and wait your turn. You could walk around and make your turn as fast as possible. Good game ^_^

Thank you, now I know someone agrees with me on outdated versions of turn-based gameplay.

Posted by Majeh717

im a big fan of Bioware but if they only make games for the xbox 360 that suck im not real big fan of xbox

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I would love to read a book that details the storyline of Knights of the Old Republic, myself. I just can't stand playing the game.

Did I see someone say that standing, waiting, and watching the battle passively is better than standing and waiting your turn? No. Commands in a battle system should immediately have some effect on what's going on on-screen. You shouldn't press a command and look at your character just standing there and think "...Okay...Did it even register my command?"

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting boomstick: Thank you, now I know someone agrees with me on outdated versions of turn-based gameplay.

It's not even a case of not liking turn-based battle systems, it's a case of liking a battle system that you don't even need to put any input into.

If it was actually real time it'd be fun, but it isn't. You don't aim for your character, you don't move for your character, you just get to watch him being completely shit with a blaster.

Coarse, there are plenty of Star Wars books on that era, I just doubt any that's about KOTOR considering it's a game. Star Wars games typically either just make up events or let you have free reign over what happens.

Posted by Random

They make it enjoyable. It was a really fun game. Did you even really get into it? It is Role Playing and it's rather enjoyable. To pick light or dark. There were certain things I could do. Such as I saved a man from being killed from Bounty Hunters, So after I killed them, He thanked me, then he gave me 500 credits, then he said thanks, and I told him I only saved him so I could have a moving target. 5 seconds later he was dead and I took his money. The storyline was quite great too. They need to do more off of the KOTOR/KOTOR2 stories.

I don't know I won't argue but Speedfreak you just seem to have it all out against the Xbox :-P

Posted by Speedfreak

I feel betrayed by the system, to be honest. I bought one a year ago thinking it was a neat peice of kit, then I realised all the games on it that people said were great were just complete crap. I tried to like them, and I was already under the assumption that they were good, so I'm not biased against Xbox at all. I found the Light Dark mechanic pretty uninteresting, too. You're obviously going to pick either completely light, completely dark or somewhere in the middle with every choice you get, so you might aswell get one choice at the beginning and save the mindless crap.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Did I see someone say that standing, waiting, and watching the battle passively is better than standing and waiting your turn? No. Commands in a battle system should immediately have some effect on what's going on on-screen. You shouldn't press a command and look at your character just standing there and think "...Okay...Did it even register my command?"

KOTOR does that as well, when you chose attack when your locked onto an enemy your character runs to that enemy attacks, when you chose to use an item or force power, your character does it.

If your character doesn't do that right away in battle, it means it's not your turn, hence, turn-based if you look at the bottom of your screen during combat, you see a small bar that shows you your actions you've selected for up to 3 turns, so you can plan ahead.

It's mix of real-time and turn-based combat, you can freely move, but in combat you must wait your turn.

Quoting Speedfreak: It's not even a case of not liking turn-based battle systems, it's a case of liking a battle system that you don't even need to put any input into.

If you don't put any input in it, the computer does take over if you enter into combat, but all it will do is regular attacks, what if you need to use a force power or need to use an item, the computer won't do it, your allies might sometime, but they're computer operated anyway.

You could possibly just let the computer take over and fight all the battles, but anybody who's played into the game through knows that won't work most of the time, espically when it comes to down to your character needing to use that item or force power or use a special charge attack or change your ally AI for better odds against an opponet(s).

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fate: And KOTOR was a great game. I don't know why people wouldn't like it. :(

The good thing is that you can count the number of people that didn't like it with the number of fingers in your hands, and still have one left to flip them off. (If you're that kind of girl, 'ya know... GRRRRR!)

Fate got me Jade Empire, so I'll play it when she gets here. I heard and read the battle system is action-oriented, which I love. As for KOTOR, the battle system was just mildly entertaining, so the game would've been forgettable had it been a sort of Tactics-type of game. Thankfully, an RPG is more than just its battle system (Otherwise, FFV would be one of the best RPGs ever). The diversity of missions, the characters, the story and its twist were just amazing, and the battle system was good enough to complement all that. Then again... I just had fun with it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting boomstick]If you don't put any input in it, the computer does take over if you enter into combat, but all it will do is regular attacks, what if you need to use a force power or need to use an item, the computer won't do it, your allies might sometime, but they're computer operated anyway.

You could possibly just let the computer take over and fight all the battles, but anybody who's played into the game through knows that won't work most of the time, espically when it comes to down to your character needing to use that item or force power or use a special charge attack or change your ally AI for better odds against an opponet(s).
And for the first mind numingly boring hours of the game, all you have is regular attacks. Yayyy. :)

If a game takes more than 4 hours to become fun, it's a shit fucking game.

[QUOTE=Big Boss]

Posted by Shade

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I'd still rather have the system readily acknowledge my commands, and not do anything on either side of the battle until all of my selections are complete. If you're making a turn-based RPG, that's the way to go, in my opinion. If you're making an action-RPG, give me total control on the fly with no menus. Combine the two? Why? KOTOR is less than the sum of its parts, I would say.

The same reason I didn't really like it. It's kind of fun to watch people play though, one of those games.