No more official help threads on game boards.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

There is no need for them, and the whole idea is completely ridiculous. There is moderating, and then there is overmoderating. What are we, the effing Communist Bloc? Videogame message boards the world over contain threads from people asking for help on videogames, and to try to pigeon hole that into one thread is moronic. The mods here have a huge ego problem if they are going to try to overmanage boards like this, and I am personally going to desticky any "official help threads" that are made.

That is all.

ADDENDUM: Official help threads are okay, provided that other help threads are allowed too. But when every other thread offering or requesting help is killed off, then that's not okay.

Posted by coromoro

Shouldn't this be a poll, seeing as you alone don't make the decisions?

No. This should not be a poll. It's too ridiculous to even consider posting help threads. If you want to poll it, go ahead, but until it's rejected, I am keeping to what I posted.

Posted by coromoro

You keep saying how the help threads are so ridiculous. Well, your opinion is only a small factor. We're supposed to improve this board by working together as mods.

And, holy hell, stop overusing the word "ridiculous." I've seen it three times coming from you, today.

Who gives a crap WHAT word I use? Why don't you stop being so lilly livered and actually respond to my point, instead of being aggressively passive and p!issing about my choice of words?

Posted by coromoro

I responded to your point, it's right above my suggestion. I think it is you who is trying to avoid responding to my points.

I already said in the other thread that I am not going to be democratic about this? Why? Because videogame help threads are what DRAW PEOPLE TO GAME BOARDS!!! If I am a newbie, an I go around looking for help on something, I expect to be able to simply register quickly and post a thread asking for help. If I post a thread, come back an hour later, and discover that some a-hole moderator closed it and said "move it to the official help thread", what the hell does that tell me about the board? Think about it. You were a newbie once too.

Posted by coromoro

I fail to see your point. I don't see anything wrong with attracting newbies to the board, especially since this board has actually lost some of its action lately.

What the hell are you talking about? My point was that being able to post your own thread ATTRACTS NEWBIES! An official thread would push them away and give off the impression of being too tightly controlled!

Posted by sabre

People used to post their own query threads in the pokemon board all the time. I just used the merge function, seeing as though it was posted wrongly, they still had a problem they wanted solving. It's not too hard to come to a compromise, and I don't think removing help threads altogether is the way.

Though I suppose it would make us look more active.

You have to look at it from a newbie's eyes though. Maybe they have never come to a board before, or never seen one this strict. Do they understand the reason behind it? Would they want to come back? Would they not be able to find their post? Most newbies don't read the rules offhand. You didn't either, I bet.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: What the hell are you talking about? My point was that being able to post your own thread ATTRACTS NEWBIES! An official thread would push them away and give off the impression of being too tightly controlled!

No, no. You've missed my point entirely. I never said I disagreed with you. As a matter of fact, I'm sick of those help threads. I only said that this thread should be made into a poll, to see what everyone else thinks, instead of just saying what you will do without moderators' opinions.

Why the hell don't you say that in the FIRST PLACE then? Do you just enjoy being confusing and acting like you have no opinion of your own to get me thinking that you're a wuss?

Posted by sabre

Er...

Quoting coromoro: [color=limegreen]Shouldn't this be a poll, seeing as you alone don't make the decisions?

[/color]

I was talking about when he said he agreed with me.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Newbie comes, doesn't see rules, makes thread, get's flamed, and they never come back again. Less rules can be good!

I <3 Jesse :p

Posted by Jesse Smith

Is that good or bad. er translate that into English!!! That looks like 'I 0wned you.'

Posted by sabre

Tilt your head onto your right shoulder. It's a heart.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh crud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: I already said in the other thread that I am not going to be democratic about this? Why? Because videogame help threads are what DRAW PEOPLE TO GAME BOARDS!!!

Yes.

That's why I joined in the first place.

I'm all for help threads.
You get a more personalized answer, and you don't have to go bunging about looking up all this other Borange to find what you want.
Also it gives those of us that have played the game/s a chance to share our knowledge and remember why the games were so fun (or not so) in the first place.

:link:

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Jesse Smith: Newbie comes, doesn't see rules, makes thread, get's flamed, and they never come back again. Less rules can be good!

It's a good thing that n00bs don't come back, surely?

And I also get kinda annoyed by AA basically acting like his rule is law.

I'll mod my board the way I want to, then we'll see who's got a cleaner board.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Speedfreak: It's a good thing that n00bs don't come back, surely?

No, it's bad!! We need this place flooded with n00bies!!! :D:D:D:D:D