The Brick Trick

Posted by Bebop

Mario Bros (NES) level 1-2, underground with the grey goombas and the running ontop of the level trick where you smash through blocks. Were you taught how to do the trick or did you learn it?

I was probably taught it. Mario Bros was my first game I played and chances are the older peers such as my father and his friends showed me. Or Speedy and mine's much older brother showed us. So I was taught. How about yous?

Posted by Arczu

I remember when I first found it. It was surprising, because I jumped just a smidge to high off of those falling beams. I couldn't turn back because the screen already went to far to the right of the opening. Then the pipes just came into view. Next thing I knew, you could smash up a block to get up there. Just look out in later levels when an opening shows up :shocky:

I never always used it though because I was always after the points.

Posted by Dark Link

I learned it, but accidently too :p
I tried to jump and hit a block back then but missed and went to the top. now I always use that trick whenever possible

Posted by bazariah

for me i learnt it, i was just randomly bouncing around 1-2 and i smashed some of the top line of bricks, so i thought "i wonder if i can get up there" one b utton running jump combo later i was pegging my way to the warp zone

Posted by Axis

I learned it on accident. After I did it I was like "Oh, cool".

Posted by Burrito

I use that trick all the time. I have a bit of trouble remembering, but I think my cousins taught me it. They also taught me how to find the whistles in Mario Bros. 3.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I don't really remember ever being taught it, and I remember doing just about the same thing Arczu did, and I remember running on it and everything. *** it was hard to remember though, had no idea what you meant at first.